Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

Obviously there will be a significant amount of cash in the deal as well. If we can get' date=' say 30-35mil and Mayoral, I'd say it is shrewd as de Gea anyway wants out.

I said, could be "part" of the deal, not directly exchanging Mayoral for de Gea.

Read the whole post first.[/quote']

But Real aren't going to give you very much money. They know they can get him for very little next summer and United's record fee demand was the stumbling block. They aren't going to give you a record fee and a player.

The added player is a sweetener so that when people ask Van Gaal is disappointed with the fee received, he can point to the kid. If he then flops, that he was part of the deal will be forgotten.

But Real aren't going to give you very much money. They know they can get him for very little next summer and United's record fee demand was the stumbling block. They aren't going to give you a record fee and a player.

The added player is a sweetener so that when people ask Van Gaal is disappointed with the fee received' date=' he can point to the kid. If he then flops, that he was part of the deal will be forgotten.[/quote']

Oh, I don't know. This transfer window started with expectation, to excitement and now back to disappointment.

You have a point though.

United losing it; already lost on Firmino' date=' Clyne and now Otamendi and Pedro too.

People need to admit, United are not really "that" attractive destination anymore.[/quote']

I don't get it:

Darmian > Clyne

Depay > Firmino

And from what I've read, Utd have withdrawn interest in all four players (for what joy i don't know). But it shows that LvG doesn't want the player, not that the player doesn't want the club.

Yes, OT aren't as attractive as they used to be in the SAF days, but they still are.

We needed Otamendi and Pedro but LvG doesn't want them for some reason.

United need to make a stand against Madrid - we can't keep selling them players

De Gea situation should of been sorted in Moyes era - new longer contract

Firmino - Were United serious interested in him?

Clyne - Darmian has proved himself so far

Now Otamendi and Pedro - Smalling a beast atm, hopefully he can carry it on all season, Rojo still got to return, Did we need Pedro? all we need is someone willing to stick up top and score goals

"Some reason" is overly used these day in this thread.

What's hard to believe you have been out-muscled by Man City and Chelsea on both players?

I don't think..

And if Utd wanted the duo' date=' the deal would have been over last month (at least Otamendi).

United need to make a stand against Madrid - we can't keep selling them players

De Gea situation should of been sorted in Moyes era - new longer contract

Firmino - Were United serious interested in him?

Clyne - Darmian has proved himself so far

Now Otamendi and Pedro - Smalling a beast atm, hopefully he can carry it on all season, Rojo still got to return, Did we need Pedro? all we need is someone willing to stick up top and score goals

Agreed.

I don't think..

And if Utd wanted the duo' date=' the deal would have been over last month (at least Otamendi).[/quote']

The thing is you wanted him, but you move to slow and you hassled over couple of quid.

All the talk of big chunk of money for this season ain't gonna cut it if you keep missing on your transfer target.

Excellent first twenty minutes of the half; the polar opposite for the remaining twenty-five. United have been shocked by Mitrovic's header against the bar, and have since then not looked to surge forward in the same way they did at the start of the game. Rooney's goal should have stood, and Depay should have got at least one in too.

Januzaj MOTH, Schweinsteiger close second.

Dull, dull, dull. United have looked uninspired and shaky against an injury-riddled Brugge. Disappointing.

The only thing I can take out of the first half would be Rooney scoring.

Memphis has been very wasteful and Herrera has been diabolical.

Schneiderlin to be introduced in the second half; hopefully Schweinsteiger too.

Better second half - still not excellent, but much better than the first.

Schweinsteiger being the main difference; he's probably the closest United can get to replacing Scholes at the moment. What a ridiculous assist too.

Rooney would be the obvious MOTM, but for me it has to be Luke Shaw again - the kid is phenomenal.

So far so good this season IMO I have been on holiday so only able to see the odd game at the local bar and see scores etc but I am quite pleased with how we are shaping up for the season.

My only concern is the striker position as De Gea looks like he is staying for now and our defence looks solid with Schneiderlin protecting our back 4. It was great to see Rooney get some much needed confidence last night with his hat trick but I do worry that Hernandez is off the pace a bit...

Does anyone think United will bring in another player before the window closes?