Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

Evans to West Brom: he served us well, hank you Jonny. Was surplus this year anyway.

Blackett to Celtic on loan is interesting, he'll get EL experience and first team hopefully. He'll be stronger when he's back.

Hope we can beat Swansea today.

Two days left in the window, and I believe these are the things we need to do:

1. Sell Valdes off- LvG has made his mind and seems to be off to Besiktas

2. Sell de Gea- as much as this pains me he has lost his interest to play for us now and it is only fair that we let him go and at least get some money for him. If we could get Navas as part of the deal that would be great.

3. Sort out Hernandez issue- keep him/sell and get new striker- Looks like LvG and Giggs have made their mind- that glance in the Brugges game. But if he goes, we need another striker (maybe 2?) Fellaini and Januzaj aren't starting strikers. I don't see anybody on the market. Felipe Anderson but he isn't a forward. Muller/Bale/Lewa etc. all unattainable.

4 (optional)- Get Superstar but this isn't really necessary.

5 (optional)- get a CB- but this seems unlikely now.

What do you guys think?

Evans to West Brom: he served us well' date=' hank you Jonny. Was surplus this year anyway.

Blackett to Celtic on loan is interesting, he'll get EL experience and first team hopefully. He'll be stronger when he's back.

Hope we can beat Swansea today.

Two days left in the window, and I believe these are the things we need to do:

1. Sell Valdes off- LvG has made his mind and seems to be off to Besiktas

2. Sell de Gea- as much as this pains me he has lost his interest to play for us now and it is only fair that we let him go and at least get some money for him. If we could get Navas as part of the deal that would be great.

3. Sort out Hernandez issue- keep him/sell and get new striker- Looks like LvG and Giggs have made their mind- that glance in the Brugges game. But if he goes, we need another striker (maybe 2?) Fellaini and Januzaj aren't starting strikers. I don't see anybody on the market. Felipe Anderson but he isn't a forward. Muller/Bale/Lewa etc. all unattainable.

4 (optional)- Get Superstar but this isn't really necessary.

5 (optional)- get a CB- but this seems unlikely now.

What do you guys think?[/quote']

Evans to West Brom was the right move for both club and player, he's been a decent player for United over his career and was obviously not going to be getting much game time so I'm pleased for both parties there.

Blackett on loan is also another great bit of business by the club. Celtic did wonders for players like Denayer and Blackett will get much needed regular game time and a sniff at some Euro footy too. I think it will help LVG know whether or not he's a keeper.

1. Selling Valdes is a must now IMO he won't want to play here and LVG won't want him either.

2. De Gea should only be sold for a very good fee around £30m which for a GK in the last year of his contract would be acceptable but I'd rather keep him for the year and I think we will unless that happens.

Keylor Navas isn't a PL style keeper IMO and its too late to get anyone near De Geas level for a decent fee so personally I'd be far happier with De Gea and Romero till next season which gives us time to identify the right player rather than the easiest to buy.

3. Hernandez is only worth selling if we bring someone in although I've been really dissappointed by his performances so far. The problem here is similar to the De Gea issue, you should only sell if you can get the right price and the right replacement and right now I don't see any striker available for a decent fee to replace him. Having said that I wouldn't mind giving James Wilson a little more responsibility.

4. No chance of happening this late on. Besides looking at our team we've been solid and I can't really see where we'd throw a star player this season. I'm happy enough with our squad having seen that Depay, Januzaj etc could develop over the season. I do think we are missing another top striker to help Rooney but a potential target doesn't exist. I like how our midfield looks if we have Herrera as an advanced midfielder and our CBs have worked well along with Damian , Shaw and Scheneiderlin which leads me to 5. which is I don't think we need another CB... Something I wouldn't have said at the start of the window. I think Blind has actually so far been a really good foil to Smallings physicality. Smallings, Darmian and Shaw are all taller and physically able for their positions and Blind offers the mental side with composure on the ball.

All in all I'd be happy with top 2/3 this season I think we are better than 4th place now mainly because of how we've sorted out the midfield and defence with Darmian and Schneiderlin/ Schweiny Id love a title challenge too but I think realistically that will be next year and will require a top class GK to replace De Gea and another quality striker.

Hernandez to Leverkusen, Januzaj to Dortmund on loan, Lindegaard to West Brom on free, Valdes to somewhere, de Gea to Real (Navas in exchange). The revolving door ploughs on.

Surely we have to make a signing or two now. This is ridiculous otherwise, we can't have only Rooney, Wilson and Fellaini up front. One ageing out of form, one inexperienced and young, one central midfielder.

48 hours or so left, this will define our season. Crucial.

36 mil for Martial- big big big gamble.

Loads of potential, but:

1. Price is way inflated due to Utd's desperation and the fact that it is Utd, not Spurs

2. Only 19 years old- risk

3. Not the experienced back-up we need

4. Isn't a 20-goal striker (yet)

Utd taking the definition of Deadline Day to new heights.

LvG said no panic buys- so we need to hope for the best. If Adnan is going out on loan then we need another winger/striker apart from Martial.

Something big is happening..............c'mon Eddie!

Considering there aren't any world class strikers available going for a young mobile pacey striker with potential who is highly regarded by the French national side isn't a terrible idea.

From what I understand Martial isn't too shabby as a winger either, we've been screaming out for a player of his mould but we all want the finished article which doesn't exist in the market. The fee doesn't bother me when clubs are throwing similar fees around bit like Shaw you're investing in a player for more than a couple of seasons.

It's a gamble but I would genuinely prefer going for the exact type of player we need than buying a name like Cavani for £44m

If a 50M euro deal for 19 year old player with only a full season in Ligue 1 isn't a terrible idea' date=' i don't know what it is. Well, that team is doomed anyway, so why not.[/quote']

"potential"

and anyway all sorts of prices are being quoted at the moment, it seems to be 36 mil euros.

Im surprised United didnt try and go for lacazette, even though he signed a new contract, for 50 mil euros i am pretty sure Lyon would've let him go more than gladly, and at least Lacazette has got more eperience than half a season at a top level, and has proven a good goalscorer

Wait' date=' hasn't Martial ALREADY made a Champs Lge appearance for Monaco? Isn't there a rule regarding registering with 2 clubs?[/quote']

Martial did play in the qualification vs valencia but I think qualification is wiped out as I think teams have to register 25 team for the group stage and beyond. Think its cup tied from then

UEFA Rules

42.07 As a rule, a player may not play in a UEFA club competition (i.e. UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, but not UEFA Super Cup) for more than one club in the course of the same season. Exceptionally, however, a player who has been fielded in the first, second, third qualifying round or the play-offs of the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League is entitled to play in the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League for another club as from the group stage. Moreover, as from the start of the round of 16, a player can be registered in accordance with Paragraph 44.01 to Paragraph 44.04. A substitute player who has not been fielded is entitled to play for another club competing in the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League in the course of the same season, provided that he is registered with the UEFA administration in accordance with the present regulations.

Goalkeeper - Looking like Dea for Navas and 29m, Keeper saga over, De Gea gonna be hated in Madrid, he could of been a llegend with United

Defence - Where's Rojo? he has more pace and Physical presents than Blind, positive from blind is that he can read the game, Could Rojo be the answer?

Midfield - Ataacking side, need more movement for Rooney or whoever the forward is

Forward - Only have Rooney and Wilson, need to buy in this area, Rooney needs help up top

LVG needs to forget Possession is everything, United are doing good at keeping the ball, but we need the speed of the game, Passes, movement to be better - only seen 1st or last 20 minutes of the 1st half of games like this then rest of the 70 minutes, with slow tempo, back passes etc

Last year - Conceded goals and scored for fun at times

this year - Solid at back but nothing going foward