Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

AS reports that DdG wants a new contract- hard to believe this. Of course if he does sign it will mean Real will have to pay 50mil or so for DdG.

A new contract would only guarantee us a big fee' date=' DdG needs the regular game time this season for Euros and a contract would help that. Hope he does sign, but as I said, I won't believe this till the club confirm, and I speak for all Utd fans I guess.[/quote']

Other Media is reporting that United will try and give De Gea a new contract - Even better personal contract Real Madrid offered

Put him back in goal. If he signs, he can become a legend

Just a little thought on Rooney from some viewings

--

I think that Rooney's style is just a bit out-dated

He'd be a more valuable striker maybe 10 years ago

If I were in a opposing team, I wouldn't be that scared of him. The only somewhat scary way in which I can see him really scoring a goal is with a random surprise long-range shot that catches out the goalie who isn't ready for it

Surprised at De Gea's new contract. Suspect he'll have been told that he'd need to commit to something in order to get games - which he needs prior to the Euros. Wouldn't be surprised if he was able to go to Real next summer.

In other, much more hilarious news; read this - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3230745/Manchester-clubs-loggerheads-youth-policy-United-concerned-City-s-recruitment-drive-overly-aggressive.html. After our U14s spanked yours 9-0, United are apparently pondering boycotting matches against City! I guess when the going gets tough, the tough get going :)

Doubt De Gea will still have his heart set on moving to RM next summer, especially given the way Perez amateurishly dealt with the whole thing, and the fact that he's now on potentially 200k/w for the next four years (one of the few who actually deserves it). However, the motive behind him accepting this new contract might be completely different; my guess concurs with that of nearly every non-United fan, which is that he's got the Euro's ahead of everything else; not that he's suddenly rediscovered his love for the club.

In any case, Perez properly effed up, and in the process subliminally told De Gea he's not worth the hassle. History is not repeating himself, and whilst I wouldn't say that De Gea is as pivotal as Ronaldo was in his later United days, RM could have potentially signed their saviour in goal for the next ten years or so, but ended up missing out because of sheer ignorance and despicable arrogance. A great thing to see, might I add.

Delighted with the outcome though.

Predictions for tomorrow's game?

Utd scrape through a win courtesy a Liverpool defensive mistake and some de Gea master saves. 1-0/2-1.

My line-up:

de Gea, Darmian, Smalling, Blind, Shaw, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Mata, Herrera, Depay, Martial

Subs: Romero, Carrick, Pereira, Fellaini, Young, Valencia, Lingard

Utd scrape through a win courtesy a Liverpool defensive mistake and some de Gea master saves. 1-0/2-1.

My line-up:

de Gea' date=' Darmian, Smalling, Blind, Shaw, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Mata, Herrera, Depay, Rooney

Subs: Romero, Carrick, Pereira, Martial, Young, Valencia, Lingard

[/quote']

Rooney is doubtful - hope he makes it

Herrera accordingly out