Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

I so hate that ref yesterday' date=' no red card, no penalty for Shaw tackle

that would of changed the game[/quote']

The tackle wasn't a red card tackle in my opinion, slightly rash but in no way intentional. He clearly won the ball and it was his other leg that made contact on the follow through. It was a very unlucky leg break, just that one time in 10 where the players leg was planted on the ground.

Not that that is important, the most important thing is that he makes a full recovery.

The tackle wasn't a red card tackle in my opinion' date=' slightly rash but in no way intentional. He clearly won the ball and it was his other leg that made contact on the follow through. It was a very unlucky leg break, just that one time in 10 where the players leg was planted on the ground.[/quote']

I dunno how you can say that

It was a careless, reckless tackle with excessive force, which is a red card

I dunno how you can say that

It was a careless' date=' reckless tackle with excessive force, which is a red card[/quote']

I say it quite comfortably to be totally frank with you.

Having watched it several more times I'd even be inclined to say it was a good tackle, just very unlucky his leg was planted.

de Gea, Rojo, Blind, Smalling, Darmian, Schneiderlin, Carrick, Depay, Herrera, Mata, Rooney

Subs: Romero, Valencia, McNair, Young, Schweinsteiger, Fellaini, Martial

Schneiderlin and Carrick should play after being rested for the mid-week game, the former making his return to his old club. Rooney available so he'll start for sure. The attacking three could have Young instead of Herrera if Young does not get the LB spot (more on that below) but I've put the team I feel should do the job. Young did do very well against Pool so should have a decent shout to play.

Main question mark is regarding LB following Shaw's injury. Options are:

1. Play Rojo at LB and leave Blind-Smalling at CB

2. Push Blind to LB and Rojo to partner Smalling at CB

3. Play Young at LB and leave Blind-Smalling at CB

4. Shift Darmian to LB and play Valencia at RB

Before LvG's presser yesterday I would have thought No. 4 was an option, but it seems to have been ruled out. In hindsight that might be a good choice, even if Darmian has played LB often at Torino (more than at RB), he has settled nicely at RB for Utd and has had consistent performances barring the PSV one. Don't think Valencia needs to play anyway.

The first three are all options as LvG stated. I would go for the first choice really, I'd prefer to keep the Blind-Smalling partnership going and they're building a connect together, would be detrimental if we change that up now. Young at LB would make it more as a LWB spot and the team would be imbalanced. Considering Koeman will attack Blind as the weak spot in the defence, Blind does need to support on the left flank, which Rojo is more likely to provide than Young.

As for the subs, think Schweini, Fellaini/Young and Martial will come on at some point in the second half.

Great chance for Utd to move closer to City, while it's early days, when rivals drop points (Arsenal, City + Chelsea earlier on), need to take advantage, Can move to 2nd and within 2 points of City with a win. Especially with some tough games coming up in October (Wolfsburg, Arsenal, Everton, CSKA Moskva and Man City), win is vital now.

Also realised that the League Cup fixture against Ipswich is this week, so good chance for some rotation and game time to squad players.

Ferguson book seems an interesting read, saying-

- He was gonna sign Aguero but thought 35mil was too much

- Moyes was Ferguson SIXTH choice as manager, he asked Guardiola to phone him before he took another club, Never happened

- United were close in signing Balotelli until Ferguson heard bad things

- Pogba left because of agent, he had a 1 year renewal in this 3 year contract

- Rooney and pay rises

- Ronaldo ego

- Martial & Price tags (not sure in book)

- Giggs as Future manager

- Only managed 4 world class player(Ronaldo, Giggs, Scholes, Cantona)

Top of table, who would have thought? Brilliant, aren't even playing like title champions now:cool:

Martial would have scored if Memphis hadn't stolen but it's good he got his first PL goal as did Rooney, lucky goal but they all count. Mata wrapped it up.

Great weekend again, City thrashed, Chelsea drew. Let's carry this forward to Wolfsburg now.

Also, Darmian did pretty well at LB.

Top of table' date=' who would have thought? Brilliant, aren't even playing like title champions now:cool:

Martial would have scored if Memphis hadn't stolen but it's good he got his first PL goal as did Rooney, lucky goal but they all count. Mata wrapped it up.

Great weekend again, City thrashed, Chelsea losing. Let's carry this forward to Wolfsburg now.

Also, Darmian did pretty well at LB.[/quote']

Chelsea drew.

According to SkySports - Neymar has not yet signed Barcelona's new contract offer because he is not convinced he can become the best player in the world while playing with Lionel Messi. He is considering a future move to Manchester United as a result.

According to other sources Ronaldo is hoping 1 day to play alongside Rooney again

Absolutely outclassed today lads....Darmian' date=' Rooney, Blind, Depay and Martial all went missing. Serious questions need to be asked about benching Schneiderlin...[/quote']

You and talentsearcher need to have a long debate

I'd get some popcorn and watch :P

My view is that I hope this is a wake up call to United ahead of big games coming up, still a point behind City

Only 2 that showed were Martial and De Gea

I didn't understand why Schneiderlain didn't start, he would of been a bully boy in the midfield and why Schweinsteger was so far up, like his role was to mark Carzola when Rooney should of done that

Just shows Changing back 4 doesn't help in the EPL, Hope Rojo is back soon

My view is that I hope this is a wake up call to United ahead of big games coming up' date=' still a point behind City

Only 2 that showed were Martial and De Gea

I didn't understand why Schneiderlain didn't start, he would of been a bully boy in the midfield and why Schweinsteger was so far up, like his role was to mark Carzola when Rooney should of done that

Just shows Changing back 4 doesn't help in the EPL, Hope Rojo is back soon[/quote']

Martial was useless IMO. Got past a few people but showed no end product - something I found surprising after his first few games.

I think that was United's first big test this season and you didn't do at all well.