Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Wonder who start for United tonight' date=' hope to see Lingard, Wilson and Pereira start

[/quote']

LvG said most of the players are in the red zone. Expect Pereira, Lingard and Wilson to start.

I would like this:

Romero

Darmian- Blind-Jones- Rojo

Carrick- Schweinsteiger

Lingard- Pereira- Memphis

Wilson

Mata, Herrera, Smalling, Schneiderlin, Rooney (needs the most), Martial all need a break. Sure Darmian can play as he only came on a sub against City, Jones and Rojo will have to manage though, as will Schweinsteiger.

Romero in for de Gea also possible. Solid rotation side, can always sub on the big guys if needed but hopefully not. This team is solid enough at the back and good enough to get a goal or two.

LvG said most of the players are in the red zone. Expect Pereira' date=' Lingard and Wilson to start.

I would like this:

Romero

Darmian- Blind-Jones- Rojo

Carrick- Schweinsteiger

Lingard- Pereira- Memphis

Wilson

Mata, Herrera, Smalling, Schneiderlin, Rooney (needs the most), Martial all need a break. Sure Darmian can play as he only came on a sub against City, Jones and Rojo will have to manage though, as will Schweinsteiger.

Romero in for de Gea also possible. Solid rotation side, can always sub on the big guys if needed but hopefully not. This team is solid enough at the back and good enough to get a goal or two.[/quote']

I think Fellaini and Young might start or feature on bench - Think Felliani might replace Carrick or Schweinsteiger, I dont like seeing them paired together

I like to see McNair given a chance if he fully fit after the international injury

If Depay starts, he needs to start his season

Really? Come the end of the season when you are trophyless and City have won the double I bet you will think differently.

Order of priorities for Utd:

1. PL

2. CL

3. FA Cup

4. League Cup

5. Dropping Rooney

Of course winning something is better than nothing but at this stage the mid-week break may be more useful as the fixtures pile on.

I did make the statement tongue-in-cheek, which is why the next sentence started with "In all seriousness....".

1. PL

2. CL

3. FA Cup

4. League Cup

5. Dropping Rooney

Of course winning something is better than nothing but at this stage the mid-week break may be more useful as the fixtures pile on.

I did make the statement tongue-in-cheek' date=' which is why the next sentence started with "In all seriousness....". [/quote']

I think the league should be the priority for all teams with a realistic chance, so we agree on that.

But being realistic, the other cups should come ahead of the Champions League - the main thing about the Champions League is securing it.

I think the league should be the priority for all teams with a realistic chance' date=' so we agree on that.

But being realistic, the other cups should come ahead of the Champions League - the main thing about the Champions League is securing it.[/quote']

Securing it, yes, but English clubs need to do well in Europe otherwise we will lose the 4th spot and making the CL will be more tougher.

There is a case for putting FA Cup ahead, but then again you need some luck in the Cups.

There is also the point of money: the further Utd progress, the more revenue will be generated.

Sir Rahul is right

Its ok that United is out for the Careless cup, really the Careless cup should of been gone years ago, then it be less games for English teams and not play 50+ games a season

1. PL

2. CL

3. Securing top 4 If United out the running for title

4. FA Cup

5. League Cup

Hoope United bounce back this weekend

Sir Rahul is right

Its ok that United is out for the Careless cup' date=' really the Careless cup should of been gone years ago, then it be less games for English teams and not play 50+ games a season

1. PL

2. CL

3. Securing top 4 If United out the running for title

4. FA Cup

5. League Cup

Hoope United bounce back this weekend

It isn't realistic to compete in 4 competitions with the size of the squad we have. I don't get how Utd are struggling with the amount of quality we have, it's due to LvG's philosophy and his reliance on playing Rooney.

Still, we only need a top CB and striker now to put the team up a notch. Won't happen in Jan though.

It isn't realistic to compete in 4 competitions with the size of the squad we have. I don't get how Utd are struggling with the amount of quality we have' date=' it's due to LvG's philosophy and his reliance on playing Rooney.

Still, we only need a top CB and striker now to put the team up a notch. Won't happen in Jan though.

[/quote']

LVG philosophy needs improving, We just need the pace

Is Rooney burnt out? this has got to be Rooney worst season ever

I think Smalling and Jones partnership is good

LVG philosophy needs improving' date=' We just need the pace

Is Rooney burnt out? this has got to be Rooney worst season ever

I think Smalling and Jones partnership is good[/quote']

Possession game will not get the fans, it is frustrating the fans and whenever I watch I see the same plodding and slow play. Not fun to watch. It won't even guarantee you points if you cant score.

Rooney is burnt out imo, he started at 16 and he seems to have lost what made him special. Very tough for a power and pace based player like Rooney to maintain for a long time. He is still useful and if he modifies his game he can be an asset, but not as a single striker, no. Either use him from the bench, or change the possession to include a secondary striker (Martial) but that would not be good for the cohesion of the team. Best to just drop him and let him rest.

Jones can be a good rotation, not Blind, who almost scored two own goals yesterday. We still need someone to partner Smalling.

It was both Mourinho and Pellegrini's first trophy in England. An excellent warm up act to build squad confidence and getting them to experience winning things. Not the hardest to win either and stupid to dismiss.

The statement was made tongue-in-cheek. Yes the Cup is good to win but with the amount of games, I don't think missing the Cup is a great loss if the rest will positively impact the other results.

With chances of Arsenal dropping points this game week, vital we get the 3 points against West Brom. They could pose troubles to us. More importantly we are playing at home again which means the fans will be chanting for a goal. Another sterile performance, even if we win, will do no good.

My prediction for the XI:

de Gea, Young, Jones, Smalling, Rojo; Schweinsteiger, Carrick; Mata, Rooney, Lingard; Martial

Subs: Romero, Blind, Herrera, Fellaini, Memphis, Tuanzebe, Pereira

With Darmian suspended and Valencia injured, Young will have to continue at RB. Schneiderlin too has a chance of playing but it is still 50-50. Given Lingard's performances in recent weeks I feel he will play on the left wing which allows Rooney to play as a CAM/second striker and Martial up top, where he needs to be.

Evans, Fletcher and Lindegaard back to their old club, expect the first two to play and Anders on the bench.

• 4 weeks later...

United need a new manager IMO after this season

LVG Positives

Got us back into Champs League and hopefully this season as well

He fixed the Defende issues as we did have leaking Defence, but not 100% perfect but made Smalling a beast

Giving Youth a Chance

Have Possession

Got De Gea to sign 4 year deal

LVG Negatives

Lack of Goals

Lack of attacking football - affecting most players

Stubbornness

Possession going no where

Man Utd need a CB, right winger and goalscorer. To sell Fellaini and Valdes, Drop Rooney to the Bench