Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

So... one and a half years after the appointment of Aloysius and here we are - United in a "comfortable" fifth place playing glorified non-league football. Surprising? Hardly; as I clearly recall saying how Tottenham had dodged a huge bullet in missing out on him, and how United were about to made the biggest mistake of their lives in appointing him as Moyes' successor. The guy is quite easily the worst football manager to have ever graced the Premier League, and that is no mean feat with the likes of Lambert, Jol and Tony effin' Adams making their own personal claims to the prestigious title.

As for the "players", I find it hard to deal with the fact that some of them are still pocketing five or six-digit salaries a week for their consistently deplorable performances. It has really come to a point where I would say that replacing the manager will not be enough to turn the tide - there are too many players who need to be shown the door along with the manager, starting with captain fantastic himself.

I also recall saying something about how I would stop watching United if they would choose to appoint Mourinho as their (next) manager, and have to say that I have since changed my disposition on the matter. Literally anything would be better than what United have right now.

Aloysius needs to sling his hook pronto, and take the whole Dutch contingent with him.

On a side note, great to see the forum alive and well...

If United get 4th will be a miracle, He killing United and Woodward isn't helping

He had the summer to find the balance which last year he was talking about and still not found, It doesn't help saying I might quit United, obv he won't quit as he waiting for the sack, then he can get his rest of his contract money

All he does is sit on the bench with his case, never on touchline

£250mil on transfers and still going no where, he sold 1 of the best poachers and look at him scoring

I don't even know who worse Moyes or LVG, both have no idea - both want to play side to side football and not use the width but LVG wants to use Bayern/Barce style as having 1 CB as a ball winner defender

All LVG thinks of is possession and slow build up will win games, look at Leicester, fewest of touches in the league and prob 1 of the lowest possession teams

I don't think I have seen as Many injures as I seen under 1 manager like LVG

Some players need to go - I even sell Fellaini for peanuts

United has always been an Entertaining team even before SAF but Moyes and LVG ain't, even just looking at them, they look boring

I know I don't like Guardiola, Mourinho(recently) but they surely they are better than LVG

SACK LVG - It was his Trail year, failed in CL expectation and now defo failing in EPL

So... one and a half years after the appointment of Aloysius and here we are - United in a "comfortable" fifth place playing glorified non-league football. Surprising? Hardly; as I clearly recall saying how Tottenham had dodged a huge bullet in missing out on him, and how United were about to made the biggest mistake of their lives in appointing him as Moyes' successor. The guy is quite easily the worst football manager to have ever graced the Premier League, and that is no mean feat with the likes of Lambert, Jol and Tony effin' Adams making their own personal claims to the prestigious title.

As for the "players", I find it hard to deal with the fact that some of them are still pocketing five or six-digit salaries a week for their consistently deplorable performances. It has really come to a point where I would say that replacing the manager will not be enough to turn the tide - there are too many players who need to be shown the door along with the manager, starting with captain fantastic himself.

I also recall saying something about how I would stop watching United if they would choose to appoint Mourinho as their (next) manager, and have to say that I have since changed my disposition on the matter. Literally anything would be better than what United have right now.

Aloysius needs to sling his hook pronto, and take the whole Dutch contingent with him.

On a side note, great to see the forum alive and well...

Great to see that you are back after about 4 months or so. Hope you are well, which is more that can be said for this forum, which is declining as time passes. Only a small bunch of forumers remain.

On transfers, good to see that Victor Valdes has moved on loan to Standard Liege for 6 months, gives him an escape. Even though it's a loan it's more like a release as his contract runs out next summer.

6 days left for the window to end and we are no way close to a transfer of any sorts, which is not encouraging to see. At the least we need full-back cover, with Shaw, Rojo, Blind, Young, Valencia injured (and Darmian?). Varela and CbJ are not good enough to be cover for the entire season, forget being starters. Even Ashley Cole could have been a decent option on loan.

I noticed that both Ben Pearson and Liam Grimshaw were sold to Preston North End, could have given them a chance at the very least. Disappointing to see how youth players are being sold without being given a chance. 

Even more disappointing is the Sam Johnstone situation- from what I saw in pre-season, he is decent but isnt getting enough any chances at Utd. Now when PNE tried to purchase him Utd did not want to sell, so now Lindegaard (former player) has been loaned to PNE from WBA and Johnstone is back at Utd as third choice keeper. Already 22, his career is seriously stalling. As much as cover is required, I think Johnstone should push for a permanent move away from Utd. Otherwise he risks his career stalling majorly, given that he is 23 in March. I don't get why they can't use O'Hara/Henderson/Castro Pereira as backup to DdG and Romero. Hoping Johnstone moves away from Utd in the remaining days of this window.

Serious mis-management at Utd from what I can see. Sack LvG, Woodward first and only then things will improve.

Hope the rumours are true about Fellaini might be sold to Italy - he a flop

How I wish, Milan don't have the money though. 

Utd's academy is seriously stalling now, continuing from the previous post. Will Keane is 23, Johnstone and Varela are 22 going on 23 and Powell is 21 going on 22. Nowhere near a first team spot in terms of quality. They'll all probably leave permanently at the end of this season. Don't want Andreas Pereira suffering the same fate. 

I think since LVG took United over, injury list has sky rocketed, It show he overworking them

Last year was all about United hasn't got the balance. Still this year, LVG hasn't got the balance, he had all summer to get in players with no interruption of a WC or Euro's

De Gea - only great thing LVG did in the summer but should of played him over Romero. if you look at his stats, he like 9th best keeper United had went it comes to conceding ratio over games, shocking Carroll top. I'm not saying he awful etc, He the best keeper in EPL but only explaination is it what in front of him isn't good enough

Darmain - I know he can play right of left but he really needs to stick to 1 side

Smalling- He was a beast to start off with and now IDK what going on

Blind - He not a defender, has no pace. LVG wants him as a balling playing defender, kinda like Bayern or Barcelona does but United not them, United is United and EPL is a lot harder. When was the last time United had a Midfielder as a Defender most of the season - Hardly ever

Schneiderlain - Decent player, I dunno why LVG never used him in December month when he has stats of 1 lost in so many games when starting, now 2 after Southampton

Schweinstegier - I think the game too fast for him

Fellaini - Sell him

Depay - LVG methods is holding him back

Martial - Only 1 that has effort but his attitude of that he doesn't care if he scores, isn't good thing to have

Sack him - give it to giggs and SaF 2nd in command

I think since LVG took United over, injury list has sky rocketed, It show he overworking them

Last year was all about United hasn't got the balance. Still this year, LVG hasn't got the balance, he had all summer to get in players with no interruption of a WC or Euro's

De Gea - only great thing LVG did in the summer but should of played him over Romero. if you look at his stats, he like 9th best keeper United had went it comes to conceding ratio over games, shocking Carroll top. I'm not saying he awful etc, He the best keeper in EPL but only explaination is it what in front of him isn't good enough

Darmain - I know he can play right of left but he really needs to stick to 1 side

Smalling- He was a beast to start off with and now IDK what going on

Blind - He not a defender, has no pace. LVG wants him as a balling playing defender, kinda like Bayern or Barcelona does but United not them, United is United and EPL is a lot harder. When was the last time United had a Midfielder as a Defender most of the season - Hardly ever

Schneiderlain - Decent player, I dunno why LVG never used him in December month when he has stats of 1 lost in so many games when starting, now 2 after Southampton

Schweinstegier - I think the game too fast for him

Fellaini - Sell him

Depay - LVG methods is holding him back

Martial - Only 1 that has effort but his attitude of that he doesn't care if he scores, isn't good thing to have

Sack him - give it to giggs and SaF 2nd in command

You make far too many lists far too often. Every single person is accountable for what is going on at the club currently. The owners, the people who run the club, the players - all of them.

Apparently LVG had is resignation rejected after the loss at the weekend, take it with a pinch of salt of course but LONG LIVE THE LVG REIGN!

Great to see that you are back after about 4 months or so. Hope you are well, which is more that can be said for this forum, which is declining as time passes. Only a small bunch of forumers remain.

On transfers, good to see that Victor Valdes has moved on loan to Standard Liege for 6 months, gives him an escape. Even though it's a loan it's more like a release as his contract runs out next summer.

6 days left for the window to end and we are no way close to a transfer of any sorts, which is not encouraging to see. At the least we need full-back cover, with Shaw, Rojo, Blind, Young, Valencia injured (and Darmian?). Varela and CbJ are not good enough to be cover for the entire season, forget being starters. Even Ashley Cole could have been a decent option on loan.

I noticed that both Ben Pearson and Liam Grimshaw were sold to Preston North End, could have given them a chance at the very least. Disappointing to see how youth players are being sold without being given a chance. 

Even more disappointing is the Sam Johnstone situation- from what I saw in pre-season, he is decent but isnt getting enough any chances at Utd. Now when PNE tried to purchase him Utd did not want to sell, so now Lindegaard (former player) has been loaned to PNE from WBA and Johnstone is back at Utd as third choice keeper. Already 22, his career is seriously stalling. As much as cover is required, I think Johnstone should push for a permanent move away from Utd. Otherwise he risks his career stalling majorly, given that he is 23 in March. I don't get why they can't use O'Hara/Henderson/Castro Pereira as backup to DdG and Romero. Hoping Johnstone moves away from Utd in the remaining days of this window.

Serious mis-management at Utd from what I can see. Sack LvG, Woodward first and only then things will improve.

Good to be back I guess... This place has always been nice to let out a few frustrations if need be. 

As for United, I honestly don't even know where to start - problems at pretty much every level and no imminent signs of improvement, or even the willingness to improve. The u21 is the only thing going for them at the moment, and even there United face a damning problem, with a vast majority of players (like you said) losing their eligibility to play for the squad come next season. At this point I'd even hold my hands up and say that I'm really envious of City's "Elite Youth Development" policy, as at least there they make it a point not to stock up on dead weight. 

Shocked.......... not

Guardiola has to take a already built team

Really hope he struggles

United need a class manager - Mourinho, Simeone or Spurs boss

Giggs? Pardew? Mark Hughes?

They'll strike fear in Pep for sure!!

PS. Wonder if the average Ligue1/Bundesliga/Liga BBVA/Serie A fans even know of them as managers.

Going to lose tonight to Derby, and LvG will stay on. 

Genoa will also finalise a loan deal for Varela (3mil future fee). Good deal for Utd who have lot of depth in fullbacks at the minute so Varela would not get regular game time. 

Thank goodness we won, although can't say I'm optimistic about the game v Stoke tonight.

Also it's great that LvG has some sense and did not let Varela go- would be fuming if he did. 

Frustrating how Utd bought no-one at all despite needing reinforcements in central defence, central midfield, fullbacks and strikers. Shame. All we did was let Valdes go out on loan (deserved, probably won't get a game at Utd again since contract runs out in summer), Nick Powell (could have given him more of a chance, but hasn't shown much quality anyway, same as Valdes about contract). Then we recalled Johnstone to be our third-choice keeper as Valdes left/Lindegaard joined PNE/Utd not wanting to sell. Touched upon this earlier.

We also sold Pearson and Grimshaw to PNE (again?!). Worst of all, Pep has signed for City. 

Miserable window, probably only Villa had a worse one. Maybe I'm going overboard, but it's true, we may miss out on CL again and with the new PL TV deal it's a huge, huge opportunity lost. Sigh.

PS- Debuchy as a backup RB would have been good, but no different from Arsenal, so only good he has gone to Bordeaux instead, from his point of view.

Giggs? Pardew? Mark Hughes?

They'll strike fear in Pep for sure!!

PS. Wonder if the average Ligue1/Bundesliga/Liga BBVA/Serie A fans even know of them as managers.

Giggs doesn't have the experience unless there a surprise person coming out of retirement to be his number 2

Pardew a great manager, not sure if he can step plus I think England trying to call him

Hughes- doing a great job this season, somehow got Shaqiri and now Imbula for peanuts prices and no competition, made good creative team, I know Jamie, Stoke fan  hardly likes my posts but I that what I think of Stoke

Hope Pep fails, really would Love if Ferguson did come back to get United back to where they belong

Giggs doesn't have the experience unless there a surprise person coming out of retirement to be his number 2

Pardew a great manager, not sure if he can step plus I think England trying to call him

Hughes- doing a great job this season, somehow got Shaqiri and now Imbula for peanuts prices and no competition, made good creative team, I know Jamie, Stoke fan  hardly likes my posts but I that what I think of Stoke

Hope Pep fails, really would Love if Ferguson did come back to get United back to where they belong

Why not hire world beaters like Sam Allardyce and Neil Warnock? Big names recognized throughout the world who'll guarantee you won't be relegated :)

Seems like a reasonable goal given how the club is run...

For the world of me there is zero reason why new players and a new manager haven't been brought in. Even if it was someone who wasn't even that good, a change is obviously needed. This paralysis of epic proportions at the board level really deserves a punishment in sporting terms

Why not hire world beaters like Sam Allardyce and Neil Warnock? Big names recognized throughout the world who'll guarantee you won't be relegated :)

Seems like a reasonable goal given how the club is run...

For the world of me there is zero reason why new players and a new manager haven't been brought in. Even if it was someone who wasn't even that good, a change is obviously needed. This paralysis of epic proportions at the board level really deserves a punishment in sporting terms

Change is needed, United Revenue is increasing, Please Qatar, China or the Red Knights investor(s), get £2bil together and buy the Glaziers out

Klopp, Spurs manager, Wenger, Pelligrini/Guardiola are top attractive managers that players like to play for, then there LVG - like people want to play for him atm

1 reason why no new players and that's is because LVG will go before end of season, they don't want to bring in a LVG player

LVG got to go and be replaced by Mourinho, spurs boss, Simeone or Big shock Ferguson return

I thought Mourinho would take over after Fergie

At least he be able to attract top players and players that the agent of Jorge Mendes

His playing style different to LVG and Mourinho does bring success wherever he gone

his spats with players are getting more and more apparent, what top players would want to play for him?

what young players has he developed? LvG building a young side and Mourinhos track record with building with young players isnt great...look at Lukaku & De Bruyne deemed not good enough..

and he will be likely gone after 2 seasons so no further forward in the 'transition'

your going backwards