Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

his spats with players are getting more and more apparent, what top players would want to play for him?

what young players has he developed? LvG building a young side and Mourinhos track record with building with young players isnt great...look at Lukaku & De Bruyne deemed not good enough..

and he will be likely gone after 2 seasons so no further forward in the 'transition'

your going backwards

Lots of player would want to play for Mourinho plus super agent Jorge Mendes can help push some players United way

I could turn the question, who would want to play for LVG? he spent 250 mil and United still struggling

He not developed young stars but he was giving Loftus Cheeks a try. At Real Madrid, did give Morata, Jese chances, At least with Mourinho, he can build sides and get success

You say he be there for 2 years, I could flip it, why LVG if he gonna stay 3 years? as he gonna retire when he's 65 plus who says Mourinho gonna stay 2 years, he wanted a decade at Chelsea but was looking for the push months back

Also Mourinho never had full freedom at Chelsea or Real as Owner/Predisent got involved

I think Mourinho can bring success back

Today game, Defence could of been better, still don't like Blind as CB, another great performance from borthwick-jackson

Also get well soon Mr Happy Zouma - awful injury

Lots of player would want to play for Mourinho plus super agent Jorge Mendes can help push some players United way

I could turn the question, who would want to play for LVG? he spent 250 mil and United still struggling

He not developed young stars but he was giving Loftus Cheeks a try. At Real Madrid, did give Morata, Jese chances, At least with Mourinho, he can build sides and get success

You say he be there for 2 years, I could flip it, why LVG if he gonna stay 3 years? as he gonna retire when he's 65 plus who says Mourinho gonna stay 2 years, he wanted a decade at Chelsea but was looking for the push months back

Also Mourinho never had full freedom at Chelsea or Real as Owner/Predisent got involved

Today game, Defence could of been better, still don't like Blind as CB, another great performance from borthwick-jackson

his spats with players are getting more and more apparent, what top players would want to play for him?

what young players has he developed? LvG building a young side and Mourinhos track record with building with young players isnt great...look at Lukaku & De Bruyne deemed not good enough..

and he will be likely gone after 2 seasons so no further forward in the 'transition'

your going backwards

You guys probably know by now that I've observed Mourinho and his career a lot...

One thing is that he definitely wants to stay in England and in his next club for as long as possible. Other thing is if he can do it.

Gone in 2 years? I don't know, in many other clubs Mourinho wouldn't have gotten sacked after winning the title last season, and would've probably been given next season to redeem himself, especially given how much of a club legend he was and all. But Roman has a particular kind of a temperament so no such luck there.

Ah Mendes....yes look how Falcao worked out......  :rolleyes:

So your response is give Mourinho more money to throw at the situation you have...what a farce. what about the players you have? sell them off at a loss?

Yeah he gave Loftus Cheek a try but then publicly slated him. So one player, and 2 at Madrid. Thats again, a farce.

Your supposed to have some great academy sadly thats just a thing of the past. Arent your u18s bottom of their respective league?? Mourinho means absolutely ZERO youth policy and developing talent from within.

Answered your own question, LvG came in to possibly see out his career. Mourinho track record is very clear.

Once again, your going backwards.

Ah Mendes....yes look how Falcao worked out......  :rolleyes:

So your response is give Mourinho more money to throw at the situation you have...what a farce. what about the players you have? sell them off at a loss?

Yeah he gave Loftus Cheek a try but then publicly slated him. So one player, and 2 at Madrid. Thats again, a farce.

Your supposed to have some great academy sadly thats just a thing of the past. Arent your u18s bottom of their respective league?? Mourinho means absolutely ZERO youth policy and developing talent from within.

Answered your own question, LvG came in to possibly see out his career. Mourinho track record is very clear.

Once again, your going backwards.

1 bad transfer, Mendes brought in Diego Costa - second top goalscorer last year(I think) and Chelsea wins the league, There good and bad transfers in football

He the Agent of James Rodriguez or Ronaldo(as Media calling him past it) who he could bring to United. If United get Mourinho, United could get that highly rated 18 yrs old player that top clubs want from Benfica cause guess what, agent is Jorge Mendes

Mourinho also tried Santon at Inter when he was 19, played 15 games. Balotelli when he was 19, played 37 games. Also Mourinho never been at a club long enough to build in young to the side

LVG hasn't done much with £250mil, United still struggling to get top 4

United doesn't or shouldn't of needed a manager who was just going to do 3 years tops, LVG - I brought Martial for next manager, LVG shouldn't be thinking that even know he been impressive, All LVG is sit in his seat with papers and pen. Mourinho track record is very clear, Instance success and Trophies even know 2 of the clubs(Chelsea and Madrid) want trophies each year or out plus they never fully gave Mourinho 100% control of clubs

If Utd can get the Atleti director of football, Berta, in it would be as important a signing as any imo.

Will Keane scored 5 in yesterday's U-21 win v Norwich, including a cute chip. The U-21s keep doing well but the U-18s are struggling badly, not good to see.

Januzaj and Varela got injured though, not good to see.

If Utd can get the Atleti director of football, Berta, in it would be as important a signing as any imo.

Will Keane scored 5 in yesterday's U-21 win v Norwich, including a cute chip. The U-21s keep doing well but the U-18s are struggling badly, not good to see.

Januzaj and Varela got injured though, not good to see.

I would love Atletico Madrid Director or football - they managed to have some quality youngsters

More on the injury list, never seen this many injures under any manager except LVG

Wenger is the king of the injusry list, Its frustrating being a gooner for many reasons, but the amount of times we have to wonder, in all seriousness, fully fit squad all year could we have won that season??

I guess we do sign the cutsei tootsie type alot. I likie GIroud and Sanchez. Sanchez first injusry played like evry damn minute before that Giroud strong. We need to sign less players like Walcott and Cazorla and dudes who are phsyically weak.

I dont think that is LVG or Uniteds problme however. LVG does seem incredibly disinterested to me though. Granted thats some style like big Sam, but i prefer Wenger or even better Klopp of at least getting into the game. Mourinho too for that at least.

Mourinho at United would be awful imo for that club,. United are a club that have always had a pretty classy breed of manager to an extent and i dont think they should soil it with a show pony like Jose.

I think Mourinho could do a good job

Man United has always been a club with attractive attacking wing play, I think Mourinho could bring that back. He will hopefully solid the defence with buying a strong CB and then sort the attacking play.

At least Mourinho won't think Possession wins you games like LVG does, Mourinho would of parked the bus vs Chelsea in the last 10 minutes and come away with the 3 points

I know people will think, oh he did this and that at Chelsea but I think he was looking for a way out in the end, he was waiting for the sack so he gets his £££ like what LVG doing now

Ferguson done stuff, got fines etc in the past, maybe not as bad as Mourinho, But maybe Mourinho can bring something United missing

Also Woodward must get fingers pointed at him

Mourinho wants to bring Varane, Bale and Modric to United and sell Fellaini and Mata according to media

Might bring Varane to United, not sure on others but maybe James(same agent)

99% of United fans will say sell Fellaini

Others opinions?

Bale to United, Hazard and Lewandowski to Madrid.

Modric, Varane unavailable.

Mourinho is a massive backwards step for United and the United way! 

He might well bring instant success, or success within 3 years but what good is it if he leaves after that and you are stuck in the exact same position you are in now?! 

Should have given Moyes more of a chance and seen what he could have done with the £250-£300 million that LVG has spent! 

Mourinho is a massive backwards step for United and the United way! 

He might well bring instant success, or success within 3 years but what good is it if he leaves after that and you are stuck in the exact same position you are in now?! 

Should have given Moyes more of a chance and seen what he could have done with the £250-£300 million that LVG has spent! 

Mourinho not a backwards step

I am fed up that people think he only stay 2/3 years, no 1 knows how long he would stay.

Chelsea and Madrid owners/president want success each year or otherwise out the door - look at how many managers they been through

Fat Lampard said - Mourinho wanted United before he took his 2nd spell and he close friends to SAF

Moyes was awful, he was full of mistakes

Couldn't manager a team to a trophy

Mourinho can attract players

China, come in and take out the Glaziers, then Woodward and LVG

Mourinho not a backwards step

I am fed up that people think he only stay 2/3 years, no 1 knows how long he would stay.

Chelsea and Madrid owners/president want success each year or otherwise out the door - look at how many managers they been through

Fat Lampard said - Mourinho wanted United before he took his 2nd spell and he close friends to SAF

Moyes was awful, he was full of mistakes

Couldn't manager a team to a trophy

Mourinho can attract players

China, come in and take out the Glaziers, then Woodward and LVG

So bad that he did better than LVG with less money and worse players.

Mourinho is a backwards step, your youth and academy is in a terrible state. So much so that they are years behind the progress of the likes of City. Mourinho is not going to look to develop the youth for the future, it is only going to continue to lag behind. When he leaves, your future will be in an even graver state.

So bad that he did better than LVG with less money and worse players.

Mourinho is a backwards step, your youth and academy is in a terrible state. So much so that they are years behind the progress of the likes of City. Mourinho is not going to look to develop the youth for the future, it is only going to continue to lag behind. When he leaves, your future will be in an even graver state.

Moyes had better players in the likes of Rio, Vidic, Evra etc but Moyes was making mistakes along the way

LVG did his join last year in CL football but this year failed badlyH

Mourinho at Chelsea had most of his youth in Holland with Vitesse

Man United atm need to focus upon the main side and getting that back success then money would roll in, then they cold focus on that side

You say United are behind the likes of City - Borthwick-Jackson, Pereira, Wilson, Keane etc coming through youth and City only 1 - Iheanacho

Mourinho hasn't been at a club long enough to see if he would bring in youth but he brought through Balotelli & Santon (Inter) Jese, Morata and Nacho(Real) Loftus Cheeks (Chelsea)

Its not like Pep though who makes a conscious decision to stay for three years... He could easily decide to spend longer at City.

Mourinho creates burnt out players, fractured relationships & a truly toxic atmosphere which forces him to leave.

No way did he view his second spell at Chelsea as short term. 

Its not like Pep though who makes a conscious decision to stay for three years... He could easily decide to spend longer at City.

Mourinho creates burnt out players, fractured relationships & a truly toxic atmosphere which forces him to leave.

No way did he view his second spell at Chelsea as short term. 

Pep could stay a long time but the owners want success and win the CL

Pep didn't fall out with the doctor at Munich, oh wait he did

I disagree on burnt out players, he kept changing Chelsea starting line up team which he doesn't like, some just didn't want to play for him or football(Costa)

He has good relationships with people and players

His 2nd spell at Chelsea weren't meant to be short term, but Abramovich wants success

Pep could stay a long time but the owners want success and win the CL

Pep didn't fall out with the doctor at Munich, oh wait he did

I disagree on burnt out players, he kept changing Chelsea starting line up team which he doesn't like, some just didn't want to play for him or football(Costa)

He has good relationships with people and players

His 2nd spell at Chelsea weren't meant to be short term, but Abramovich wants success

Nice post full of contradictions!

"Pep could stay for a long time but owners want success" Hmm true, Pep never brings any success to teams does he!

"Some just didn't want to play for him" "He has good relationships with people and players" So he has such good relationships with players that they repay him by not wanting to play for him, excellent analysis!

Moyes had better players in the likes of Rio, Vidic, Evra etc but Moyes was making mistakes along the way

LVG did his join last year in CL football but this year failed badlyH

Mourinho at Chelsea had most of his youth in Holland with Vitesse

Man United atm need to focus upon the main side and getting that back success then money would roll in, then they cold focus on that side

You say United are behind the likes of City - Borthwick-Jackson, Pereira, Wilson, Keane etc coming through youth and City only 1 - Iheanacho

Mourinho hasn't been at a club long enough to see if he would bring in youth but he brought through Balotelli & Santon (Inter) Jese, Morata and Nacho(Real) Loftus Cheeks (Chelsea)

Moyes certainly did not have better players LOL! Rio and Vidic were completely past it, as evidenced by how awful they were after they left Utd. Wait let me guess, that was Moyes fault as well!

Utd are way behind the likes of City and the other big clubs in terms of youth development. Go and look where your respective youth teams are in there leagues, in a few years your youth development will be non existent if it continues on the path it is going. The U21's are doing well and you have a couple of youth coming through right now but further down the line your youth program has been neglected and that is why you are a good 8 years behind some of the big clubs. The head of your academy is leaving at the end of the season due to it being in such a poor state and with no signs of improvement.

Mancini actually brought Balotelli through, Santon played a handfull of games before being frozen out, Jese made on sub appearance for Mourinho and it was ancelotti that brought him in, Mourinho did his best to ruin Loftus Cheek by publicly criticising him for a pre season friendly and then blaming him for the poor performance against Villa.

He does not bring on youth or look to develop youth, he would be a backward step.

Ha reading all this is from Talentsearcher is like when he thought LVG was the saviour for Utd.  HA, HAHA, HAHAHAHAHA.

People can think what they want about Mourinho, I, as most Chelsea fans love him and he will always be welcome back at Chelsea but to think he is anywhere near a long term solution, or to think that he brings through youth players is far from the truth.

He genuinely believed that the last stint at Chelsea was long term but results and player revolt were against him. There are two things that primarily lead to a manager leaving a club, results, or a better manager being available.

The youth player remark is laughable. Chelsea had a long gap since bringing through Terry but our youth academy, system and players are extremely promising currently, As is Spurs & City, even Arsenal. Utd are quite a bit behind this and Mourinho won't do anything to help that fact.

You want him to come in and win things, fine, there's a decent chance of that happening if you throw more money at it, but you think he will come in for 10 years and develop youth, you are deluded.

Oh and re Moyes, he had WORSE players, LESS money, LESS time and still did statistically BETTER than LVG.

Long live the king, LVG, Talentsearcher's saviour!