Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Wow, Tony, Allan & Infernito all posting, crazy.

I've never understood the whole Depay doesn't like LVG philosophy thing - it's the main reason he was purchased, maybe it's a case of the fact he is just overrated?

I can see the Di Maria scenario for Depay this season - he played as a striker like Di Maria did etc

I agree with Scholes - United needs a spine in the team

Only favor LvG has done to United has been the signing of Martial. He has a good game, the whole side plays well. He isn't in form or isn't playing, the whole side is clueless. Good to see that the defense has got their act together under LvG. Was a horror show under Moyes.

Anyways, wherever we end or whatever we win, the man has to go.

At the moment Utd are at a crossroads. They could either win their next 3 and get Top 4 + FA Cup, or they could lose all and lose out on Top 4, FA Cup, and potentially EL direct spot too. 

They have the best chance to win, but West Ham at home is not easy. Last game at the Boleyn too, will be an emotional and inspired day for the home fans, a stirring rendition of 'I'm forever blowing bubbles' etc. Though they did lose to Swansea, will they have a shocker again? Antonio at RW rather than RB would help them for a start....they deserve Europe far more than us and a real shame for West Ham if they lose their last game at home and miss Europe.

Best chance Utd have had all season, this is what they've waited for, an opportunity, will they bottle it? Probably. 

Only favor LvG has done to United has been the signing of Martial. He has a good game, the whole side plays well. He isn't in form or isn't playing, the whole side is clueless. Good to see that the defense has got their act together under LvG. Was a horror show under Moyes.

Anyways, wherever we end or whatever we win, the man has to go.

Only Martial is the positive thing that LVG done

LVG has solid up the defence but killed the attacking side - that's mainly down to De Gea

Seemingly another Talentsearcher pipe dream down the swanny.

Sack LVG.

Sign Jose.

Sell Rojo.

Sign Ibra.

#

Still hope LVG goes - spending 250mil and no progression, saying stupid things, Just give him his retirement money

Jose will hopefully get a spine and success - If Giggs wants to go, I say let him - Private life giving him a bad view and he still inexperienced, Wonder what Tony thinks?

United need to sell more players than just Rojo, Don't understand Rojo - A Defender who doesn't like to header

United need More than just Ibra, United missing their spine still

West Ham won't be easy

I'm glad Fellaini is banned as he been a liability in games and against West Ham in the reverse fixture as he got away with a stamp

Hope Martial fit for the game and Rashford & Blind is back, No crazy rests for players

Really wanna see how Guardiola can cope with no CL, as he has had it easy

Looks like Renato Sanches is close to completing deal for 31mil and 31mil personal add ons

Only Martial is the positive thing that LVG done

LVG has solid up the defence but killed the attacking side - that's mainly down to De Gea

Still hope LVG goes - spending 250mil and no progression, saying stupid things, Just give him his retirement money

Jose will hopefully get a spine and success - If Giggs wants to go, I say let him - Private life giving him a bad view and he still inexperienced, Wonder what Tony thinks?

United need to sell more players than just Rojo, Don't understand Rojo - A Defender who doesn't like to header

United need More than just Ibra, United missing their spine still

West Ham won't be easy

I'm glad Fellaini is banned as he been a liability in games and against West Ham in the reverse fixture as he got away with a stamp

Hope Martial fit for the game and Rashford & Blind is back, No crazy rests for players

Really wanna see how Guardiola can cope with no CL, as he has had it easy

Looks like Renato Sanches is close to completing deal for 31mil and 31mil personal add ons

I'm reading £63m split into two payments of €40m. WOW.

I'm reading £63m split into two payments of €40m. WOW.

I just don't get the money argument. if he turns out to be another Martial, what's the fuss about those extra millions that are being paid? Its not that the owners are paying it. This money is earned and can be spent wherever the club likes.

I just don't get the money argument. if he turns out to be another Martial, what's the fuss about those extra millions that are being paid? Its not that the owners are paying it. This money is earned and can be spent wherever the club likes.

Another Martial? And what is that exactly? He hasn't proven anything yet, let alone justified the silly money paid for him (which obviously he personally had nothing to do with).

£63m split however you like for an 18 year old who has only ever started 43 games with 15 yellow & 2 red cards to his name is down right ludicrous. 

People go on about the likes of Real, Barca, City & Chelsea killing the market and inflating prices but this adds to a fairly substantial list for Man Utd.

Ludicrous.

Another Martial? And what is that exactly? He hasn't proven anything yet, let alone justified the silly money paid for him (which obviously he personally had nothing to do with).

£63m split however you like for an 18 year old who has only ever started 43 games with 15 yellow & 2 red cards to his name is down right ludicrous. 

People go on about the likes of Real, Barca, City & Chelsea killing the market and inflating prices but this adds to a fairly substantial list for Man Utd.

Ludicrous.

Clubs like Benfica, Porto etc will milk club like Utd, City, Chelsea etc

Martial actually been great this season - If you split his, Shaw, Renato Sanches(if comes) down 10 years then its cheap - Also Tottenham accordingly wanted Martial

United has the money, All the big clubs wanted him

Who knows what the personal add ons are unless it gets leaked

Clubs like Benfica, Porto etc will milk club like Utd, City, Chelsea etc

Martial actually been great this season - If you split his, Shaw, Renato Sanches(if comes) down 10 years then its cheap - Also Tottenham accordingly wanted Martial

United has the money, All the big clubs wanted him

Who knows what the personal add ons are unless it gets leaked

Its pointless trying to break anything down by over '10 years', many many MANY players could have been the next Pele but none have yet.

Martial has been your best (outfield) player, and pretty good, but not £36m, or rising to £57.6m phenomenal.. I don't remember seeing him being nominated for the PFA player or young player of the year awards, do you? Martial hasn't justified his price tag, and Sanches' is even more laughable.

Its pointless trying to break anything down by over '10 years', many many MANY players could have been the next Pele but none have yet.

Martial has been your best player, and pretty good, but not £36m, or rising to £57.6m phenomenal.. I don't remember seeing him being nominated for the PFA player or young player of the year awards, do you? Martial hasn't justified his price tag, and Sanches' is even more laughable.

Personal add on breaks down the fee over the years - Martial has a clauses if he get top goalscorer or get nominated for Ballon D'or

PFA player of the year is a joke and so is young player of the year - What has Coutinho or Barkley done? Didn't see De Gea in the nomination so according to you, he rubbish, wasn't worth giving him 4 year deal

I agree with Ashley here, if Sanches fails like Anderson, all that money will have been wasted. Earned from ticket sales (of loyal fans forced to watch drab football) among other things. Eventually new fans will move onto to other clubs to support and we will become another Pool. Spurs are by far a more entertaining and nicer side to watch. 

I will stand by Sanches if he joins like I did with Martial, but the fee is an absolute rip-off. 

As an aside, the United fanbase in SE Asia is as good as the rest of the world. Excluding Thailand now (Leicester), Malaysia, Singapore all nations where there is a huge amount of support. One of the reasons this club will lose support is due to their lack of interest in touring these countries post-season. Instead they go to China for the money. 

Also, Tutto Mercato Web reports Ozil could move to Utd if Mou takes over. Amazing, this club needed some assistance.

Personal add on breaks down the fee over the years - Martial has a clauses if he get top goalscorer or get nominated for Ballon D'or

PFA player of the year is a joke and so is young player of the year - What has Coutinho or Barkley done? Didn't see De Gea in the nomination so according to you, he rubbish, wasn't worth giving him 4 year deal

Its 25 goals, Ballon D'or & 25 France caps all within 4 years.

Coutinho and Barkley would be in a different group to De Gea,

According to me? You have no idea my thoughts about it.

Name me one reason for each player why De Gea should have been nominated over Payet, Kane, Vardy, Ozil, Kante & Mahrez?

In MY OPINION, there should have been 7 players nominated, with De Gea the 7th.

You try and justify Martial and Sanches' fees all you like, they are still ludicrous.

@SirRahul - I love that you will stand by signings, as I do no matter how much they fail (Torres (despite trophies), Falcao etc (sigh)).

I agree with Ashley here, if Sanches fails like Anderson, all that money will have been wasted. Earned from ticket sales (of loyal fans forced to watch drab football) among other things. Eventually new fans will move onto to other clubs to support and we will become another Pool. Spurs are by far a more entertaining and nicer side to watch. 

I will stand by Sanches if he joins like I did with Martial, but the fee is an absolute rip-off. 

As an aside, the United fanbase in SE Asia is as good as the rest of the world. Excluding Thailand now (Leicester), Malaysia, Singapore all nations where there is a huge amount of support. One of the reasons this club will lose support is due to their lack of interest in touring these countries post-season. Instead they go to China for the money. 

Also, Tutto Mercato Web reports Ozil could move to Utd if Mou takes over. Amazing, this club needed some assistance.

Who do we point the finger at with no entertainment etc? LVG - Woodward has to see that

United has scouting Renato Sanches over 10 times this season, Atm United paying 31.5mil - no 1 knows what his add on are

United tour Asia in 2013 - well Japan, Australia and Bangkok 

United tour different areas

Don't talk United will get Ozil, R Madrid has 1st say

tbf Martial is the kind of player that could be worth the money if you keep him for 7 years and then sell for what could be somewhere in the region paid or even if it was 2/3 not bad. Or full career at united then the cost is still pretty good. But that money is an enormous sum for a player untested, and if they dont make that step up to be a long term class player its a monumental loss of money. You would want to have the most trusted scouts in the damn world to play that game on a regular basis, there is no room for error.

Its 25 goals, Ballon D'or & 25 France caps all within 4 years.

Coutinho and Barkley would be in a different group to De Gea,

According to me? You have no idea my thoughts about it.

Name me one reason for each player why De Gea should have been nominated over Payet, Kane, Vardy, Ozil, Kante & Mahrez?

In MY OPINION, there should have been 7 players nominated, with De Gea the 7th.

You try and justify Martial and Sanches' fees all you like, they are still ludicrous.

@SirRahul - I love that you will stand by signings, as I do no matter how much they fail (Torres (despite trophies), Falcao etc (sigh)).

Like Martial will get Ballon D'or in 4 years - Ballon D'or is just a popularity contest or sponsorship boost for Adidas - meant that clause will go

Still what has Barkley and Coutinho done?

De Gea should of been in their over Ozil I think, Ozil done nothing 2nd half of the season and I think A.Johnson has had more assists than him in this calender year, without De Gea, United would be lower than Chelsea are atm

It depends on what clauses is in Renato Sanches contract, some clauses he will meet, others won't - Fee COULD raise if he reaches them

Like Martial will get Ballon D'or in 4 years - Ballon D'or is just a popularity contest or sponsorship boost for Adidas - meant that clause will go

Still what has Barkley and Coutinho done?

De Gea should of been in their over Ozil I think, Ozil done nothing 2nd half of the season and I think A.Johnson has had more assists than him in this calender year, without De Gea, United would be lower than Chelsea are atm

It depends on what clauses is in Renato Sanches contract, some clauses he will meet, others won't - Fee COULD raise if he reaches them

Re Coutinho, he has one less league goal than Martial while playing 500 less minutes, with 2 assists more than Martial also. Barkley, not sure what thats about.

Ah, so Ozil has done nothing this calender year, but still remains 5 assists ahead of Eriksen. But if you are basing it on a single statistical fact then Lloris should be nominated ahead of De Gea.

It does depend on what clauses there are, but from what all sources are reporting, its two payments of a full €40m.