Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

No I don't believe they have any interest in Mata, they already have Arda Turan and then what ever wonder kid they want to breed in like they always do. I'll be happy if Blind goes. I've said numerous times Mourinho will want a proper CB and I'm not sure Blind will be good enough for DM maybe as a back up but who knows nothing has been confirmed. I've said I think he will keep Fellaini for now and I stand by that. If Depay wants to prove himself under Mourinho he best start to learn how to track back then.

They have Turan but I think they thinking of selling him

Mata, he is Spanish and helps Barcelona with the 8 Spanish player rules

Fellaini a liability on the pitch

I would sell Mata even know he has been great but it just the pace, Barce prob does want as he is Spanish and can be back up

Blind, really not sure about, he defo not a CB, Blind could be the utility man like O'Shea was

I'm shocked he still wants Rojo and Fellaini

We do need to strengthen the CM area, that why earlier I said United might need 5 players

Ashtini - Short term success at the expense of 95% of your youth player

who knows how long Mourinho will be at United, I think a longest time as deep down its the club he always wanted, Like how people criticises how he only lasts 2-3 years but they don't to Guardiola

He does give youth and buy youth and gives them a chance

Like to see if Depay can prove himself under Mourinho

When Mata was younger he was quite quick and a completely different player from now,  i remember him playing as a LF and breezing past defenders for Valencia. 

If United miss out on Zlatan they will the biggest blow since Ronaldinho joined Barca, we're crying out for someone like Ibrahimovic

That's going too far -Ronaldinho was young and starting to come in his prime but Zlatan has 2/3 years in him

I think 75% he joining United

There must be other strikers out there if we don't get him

Of course there's other strikers out there, I don't know right now if we could get a better one though. Not only are we desperate for a striker he's a striker who's got a fantastic record where he's been for goals and trophies, he's a big name, he may be able to draw other players to the club and on the pitch he's a leader he make the other players step up I really hope we get him.

Mata is 10/1 to join Barca before September 3rd so judging but that it's not going to happen. Well Mourinho doesn't like Mata because he's lazier and doesn't track back.. Is that right?

He does track back now. Actually when Schneiderlin hasn't played, he has more than often been the player who has run the most distance for United. However, he incredibly slows down the play and that's not what Mourinho wants from his players. He has been average all season so its good that he joins a side that plays according to his strengths.

he incredibly slows down the play and that's not what Mourinho wants from his players

It was always about slowness of play and not just tracking back. Mourinho just can't say it publicly so he said something indirectly related but not really relevant. If Mata was quick but lethargic about tracking back, he could be protected like Ronaldo.

This is why Blind is also being axed and Blind obviously isn't criticized for never playing defense.

All of Mourinho's successful strategies have relied so heavily on speed on play. He is not Guardiola and will never be the master of slow play. He tried at Chelsea to borrow something from Guardiola but that ended up breaking him and getting him sacked.

I don't think he's going to be so stupid again and try to become somebody he is not. He and the big team behind him have had lots of time to analyze why he failed and how to never allow that to happen again. Mourinho does fast counter attacks and Guardiola does slow 80% possession and smothers his opponents and that's just the way it is (this is infinitely better than Van Gaal with slow 50% possession). Neither will become the other.

Two big stories from today:

1. Mou not going after Portuguese players based in Portugal- shame as I like Joao Mario but that may be better for the club, you cannot have Mendes controlling the club. Explains the Sanches miss.

2. Ibra not going to Malmo on a club level- 'he's too good for the Swedish league' in his words. Clearly his next move will be on his own terms, whenever he wants to announce it. We'll have to wait and watch.

It was always about slowness of play and not just tracking back. Mourinho just can't say it publicly so he said something indirectly related but not really relevant. If Mata was quick but lethargic about tracking back, he could be protected like Ronaldo.

This is why Blind is also being axed and Blind obviously isn't criticized for never playing defense.

All of Mourinho's successful strategies have relied so heavily on speed on play. He is not Guardiola and will never be the master of slow play. He tried at Chelsea to borrow something from Guardiola but that ended up breaking him and getting him sacked.

I don't think he's going to be so stupid again and try to become somebody he is not. He and the big team behind him have had lots of time to analyze why he failed and how to never allow that to happen again. Mourinho does fast counter attacks and Guardiola does slow 80% possession and smothers his opponents and that's just the way it is (this is infinitely better than Van Gaal with slow 50% possession). Neither will become the other.

I wouldn't really criticize Mourinho for the disaster at Chelsea. The players were a disgrace really. 

1. Mou not going after Portuguese players- shame as I like Joao Mario but that may be better for the club, you cannot have Mendes controlling the club. Explains the Sanches miss.

2. Ibra not going to Malmo on a club level- he's too good for the Swedish league. Clearly his next move will be on his own terms, whenever he wants to announce it. We'll have to wait and watch.

Just to make it a little more clearer, this isn't Rahul's opinion this is exactly what Ibra said so return to Malmo is out of the window.

1. Mou not going after Portuguese players- shame as I like Joao Mario but that may be better for the club, you cannot have Mendes controlling the club. Explains the Sanches miss.

2. Ibra not going to Malmo on a club level- he's too good for the Swedish league. Clearly his next move will be on his own terms, whenever he wants to announce it. We'll have to wait and watch.

Just read the Sky Sports post, A Chinese club has offered him a 2 year contract worth 53m that is a staggering amount of cash to be offered.

I wouldn't really criticize Mourinho for the disaster at Chelsea. The players were a disgrace really. 

I think if you put Mourinho on truth serum he would admit himself that he made a big mistake deviating from what made him a winning manager and trying to become someone he was not. 

Now of course he can never admit that publicly in an alpha-dominated sport of football but you get the point. 

1, Never heard of and I think not true as I think Andre Gomes/Bernardo Silva might be coming to United

I explain the Renato Sanches miss - Woodward kept prolonging the deal which he must of known other clubs were interested and Mendes then had couldn't hold off the interest from Bayern

2. Ibra - He will decides who he going to join when he is bored of reading about himself in papers

United 75% China 25% - Just depends on 2 things, Money and his crazy agent which United has history with over Pogba

Other News

- Barcelona wants Blind for 14mil

- United not getting a director of Football - No Atl Madrid Betra or Sevilla Monchi

- United after Pjanic accordingly

1, Never heard of and I think not true as I think Andre Gomes/Bernardo Silva might be coming to United

I explain the Renato Sanches miss - Woodward kept prolonging the deal which he must of known other clubs were interested and Mendes then had couldn't hold off the interest from Bayern

2. Ibra - He will decides who he going to join when he is bored of reading about himself in papers

United 75% China 25% - Just depends on 2 things, Money and his crazy agent which United has history with over Pogba

Other News

- Barcelona wants Blind for 14mil

- United not getting a director of Football - No Atl Madrid Betra or Sevilla Monchi

- United after Pjanic accordingly

I meant Portuguese based players, sorry. Gomes could still move. 

Getting Berta or Monchi would have been great, but Mou wants full authority on transfers, and Woodward likes to pamper his managers, so there you go.

In other news, Blind linked to Barcelona.

I can make sense of these rumours, he would be an ideal replacement for Mascherano (if he moves to Juve) in terms of playing style, both are converted CBs from CDMs, both are slow, relatively short, ball-playing defenders. Blind's versatility could help him like Sergi Roberto, as Barca usually require rotation players to fill in here and there. In Spain the tempo of play is slower, against the weaker teams Blind will get away playing at LB. He's also schooled in the Cruijff philosophy. 

I rather not sell him though, like I said he is versatile and is decent.

Too good for Malmo? More like they cannot afford the annual pay he's looking for. 

That's true, however if Ibra wants to move to Malmo I'm sure he will take a pay-cut. That'll be the last club he signs for. 

Just read the Sky Sports post, A Chinese club has offered him a 2 year contract worth 53m that is a staggering amount of cash to be offered.

Ibra wants a challenge though, I'm not sure he will want his legacy to be tarnished in China. Poor league etc. The only thing is the money, whether that outweighs his desire to play for another big-club (Utd) remains to be seen. He'd be better off at MLS than China though.

Just to make it a little more clearer, this isn't Rahul's opinion this is exactly what Ibra said so return to Malmo is out of the window.

Thanks for that mate, Malmo could be the last club he plays for but Ibra is clearly not finished with his top-level career.

I can believe Blind to Barca more than Mata, I think Blind would suit their style. And would be able to ease la liga every week and I would be kinda happy if he left United aswell.

Blind will be Mascherano replacement as In Spain or Germany, You can play LvG way with a DCM as a CB

I want to see players coming in unless they have verbally agreed but waiting after Euro's

Ibra wants a challenge though, I'm not sure he will want his legacy to be tarnished in China. Poor league etc. The only thing is the money, whether that outweighs his desire to play for another big-club (Utd) remains to be seen. He'd be better off at MLS than China though.

The government is really trying to make their league happen though, they see it as an issue of national interest. Their economy is growing in gangbusters so they obviously have the money to make it happen and become the next giant league. I have the highest doubts about the state of their current infrastructure but it's not for the lack of resources and will. That infrastructure can be developed in a number of years but it might still be too early for them to reach their goals now.

They are trying to sell their league as the next Paris St-Germain project, which senior top players (not the best but just the tier below) who'd like to be the main man would absolutely consider. There is a desire to feel important and to be a part of a giant project with huge potential of revolutionary transformation, and creating a top league out of thin air would certainly fall under that description. Their geographic location makes it very hard, but that does not mean they will not try. And to be fair to them, no other league has ever had this level of finances available to them, where they not only compete with European top clubs for free agents, but have shown an ability to massively outbid European clubs in transfer fees that are added on top of an inflated wage.

The government is really trying to make their league happen though, they see it as an issue of national interest. Their economy is growing in gangbusters so they obviously have the money to make it happen and become the next giant league. I have the highest doubts about the state of their current infrastructure but it's not for the lack of resources and will. That infrastructure can be developed in a number of years but it might still be too early for them to reach their goals now.

They are trying to sell their league as the next Paris St-Germain project, which senior top players (not the best but just the tier below) who'd like to be the main man would absolutely consider. There is a desire to feel important and to be a part of a giant project with huge potential of revolutionary transformation, and creating a top league out of thin air would certainly fall under that description. Their geographic location makes it very hard, but that does not mean they will not try. And to be fair to them, no other league has ever had this level of finances available to them, where they not only compete with European top clubs for free agents, but have shown an ability to massively outbid European clubs in transfer fees that are added on top of an inflated wage.

You're right, living in Singapore means I know about the Chinese project, their determination to succeed means they'll find a way in creating a great league too.