Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

You're right, living in Singapore means I know about the Chinese project, their determination to succeed means they'll find a way in creating a great league too.

I think they have a chance. It's still very hard all things considered, but the Chinese market is very different from the previous money markets in the Middle East (LOL) or America (they don't care about soccer, at least not yet)

Just noticed the link to your scout reports and it looks interesting. I'll certainly have a look when I can.

I think they have a chance. It's still very hard all things considered, but the Chinese market is very different from the previous money markets in the Middle East (LOL) or America (they don't care about soccer, at least not yet)

Just noticed the link to your scout reports and it looks interesting. I'll certainly have a look when I can.

They did flop in the AFC Champions League this season, which shows that success can't be bought overnight. I'm sure the likes of Teixeira will move back to Europe in a season's time. Let's see, it's interesting but I can't say I'm excited to see the CSL.

Thanks for that, appreciate it :) I have not written in some time but I've written articles on Pennant's move to Singapore apart from the Scout Reports and other pieces I've written for OOTB. 

I finished a new article today itself, on Belgium's defensive questions ahead of the Euros. Enjoyed writing that one.  :)

Barca also once signed Hleb, wouldn't say he was ever class. But I think Blind would be good for Barca as stated. I agree with what Rahul said.

Imagine if we sold Blind and got Bartra instead, I'd cry. Luckily Bartra would probably not come to Utd. I'm sure only one of Mata and Blind will move to Barca if at all it happens, hopefully Mata as he's a luxury player and isn't good enough to play on the wings. I like Mata and his weekly blogs, and his personality but footballing-wise not sure if he belongs the Mou-Utd. Time will tell.

See, this is what I detest about Mourinho, the fact that a player has to be a "Mourinho-type of player" to thrive under his management. Just shows you how inept he is in comparison with Guardiola and Ferguson, unless of course he ditches these "player ideals" whilst being coach of United, in which case my hatred for his style of management might disappear.

Surely we're assuming he could replace Mascherano, Blind isn't good enough to lace Mascherano's boots as a CB or a DM. If blind went there and he was actually a starting player it would make Barca's defence even weaker and more vunerable. He might just be a replacement for Vermaelen leaving.

Surely we're assuming he could replace Mascherano, Blind isn't good enough to lace Mascherano's boots as a CB or a DM. If blind went there and he was actually a starting player it would make Barca's defence even weaker and more vunerable. He might just be a replacement for Vermaelen leaving.

And this is why I called you a numpty.

So what part of that makes me a 'numpty' blind not being good enough to lace Mascherano boots or the fact he would make Barca's defence weaker?

Maschenerano a DCM, same as Blind and Barcelona loves playing a DCM in a CB role, another example Yaya Toure or Song

Blind love to be a ball playing defender, that would suit Barcelona

Barcelona they love to have the possession which he loves, He doesn't need to go up for corners as Barcelona 8 out of 10 take short corners

Barcelona has never had the strongest Defence out there

Don't bother with him Kyle, his opinion is always right. As we speak he is reciting the words 'I am never wrong' into his mirror. 

Blind is average, just because a rag paper links him to Barcelona doesn't mean they're actually interested/will sign him. If this was the case, Pogba, Ronaldo, Ramos and co would all be playing for United. Preach Ani, preach.

Don't bother with him Kyle, his opinion is always right. As we speak he is reciting the words 'I am never wrong' into his mirror. 

Blind is average, just because a rag paper links him to Barcelona doesn't mean they're actually interested/will sign him. If this was the case, Pogba, Ronaldo, Ramos and co would all be playing for United. Preach Ani, preach.

Wouldn't say always; I prefer the nomenclature "mostly".

The government is really trying to make their league happen though, they see it as an issue of national interest. Their economy is growing in gangbusters so they obviously have the money to make it happen and become the next giant league. I have the highest doubts about the state of their current infrastructure but it's not for the lack of resources and will. That infrastructure can be developed in a number of years but it might still be too early for them to reach their goals now.

They are trying to sell their league as the next Paris St-Germain project, which senior top players (not the best but just the tier below) who'd like to be the main man would absolutely consider. There is a desire to feel important and to be a part of a giant project with huge potential of revolutionary transformation, and creating a top league out of thin air would certainly fall under that description. Their geographic location makes it very hard, but that does not mean they will not try. And to be fair to them, no other league has ever had this level of finances available to them, where they not only compete with European top clubs for free agents, but have shown an ability to massively outbid European clubs in transfer fees that are added on top of an inflated wage.

I don't think China can be a place for European elites. They do have a lot of investment but it is like a bubble. Big players are likely to go to America or Australia (if Australia ever have money) due to culture, language, food, living style and most importantly lack of interest of Chinese people in football being the major constraints for big players to move to China. Those who have moved are also not going to be there for too long. Though as of now they are attracting big players like India is attracting faded stars(and India suffer from lack of infrastructure), but Chinese football is likely to turn like their real estate.

Though I believe they can still succeed if they do something like the Suning group is doing. Invest in Europe as well as in China and then link both clubs to play the best players in Europe and youths and oldies in China. And to note, Suning group is going to buy 100% of Inter Milan linking them to Jiangsu Suning.

Blind would have been our best player this season if DDG hadn't been out of this world. Half of the people here voicing their opinion haven't watched him once this last season. Just because he isn't a big name, he's average.

Opinions like these infuriate me at times. There isn't an argument even. HE IS QUALITY.

Blind would have been our best player this season if DDG hadn't been out of this world. Half of the people here voicing their opinion haven't watched him once this last season. Just because he isn't a big name, he's average.

Opinions like these infuriate me at times. There isn't an argument even. HE IS QUALITY.

The words quality and Blind should not go in the same sentence.

Also if DDG wasn't your best player of the season it would have been Martial.

Blind slows the game down.

If you're into that kind of stuff, he's probably decent.

I personally think slowing the game down is a big crime in attacking play though if the gameplan doesn't revolve around that.

Now that could mean Blind is a tactically sound defensive player. Does his tacticallly supreme play make him a better defensive player than say Chris Smalling? That's a tough ask given how much of an advantage Smalling has on him physically, that he make up all that back and more in intellect. 

The eye test basically says no way, but it is in theory possible that Blind is a more effective defender than an actual defender. I'd have to see some advanced stats with good data backing up that point though so as to be able to evaluate that argument. I personally have quite great doubts as to the plausibility of that.