Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Genuine possibility whether or not we admit it. He spoke about making an important announcement tomorrow, which could either be:

1. Him playing with the media (again)

2. His new fashion brand

3. His move to Utd

4. His 'surprise' move elsewhere (Milan, China, MLS etc.)

5. The completely random possibility Zlatan is capable of

;)

Imagine if Auba lands up at Manchester. Makes them the title-favourites straight away.

I'd feel bad for Dortmund though, complete re-build needed with the loss of Hummels, Gundogan and likely Auba and Mkhitaryan too. Nice they've signed top talents though.

Bailly announcement expected to be today, can't wait!

58 million pounds though... wonder how many decent players you can buy with that money.

Just ask A Madrid, Sevilla, Porto, even Leiecester or West Ham etc - they find the rough gems

I think City going the wrong way, they need to improve their aging poor defence

This is where United/Mou can benefit as Mou builds back to front

58 million pounds though... wonder how many decent players you can buy with that money.

Agreed, with Ibra coming it's not like Utd need Auba even though I'd love him at the club. 

Can Utd spend the 58mil pounds on a pair of decent players? Not sure...we've gone and spent 3/4th of that on a young centre-back.

One player I'd like to see at Utd is Hirving Lozano. An upgrade on Lingard imo and younger. Quick, direct, good dribbler. 

Scout report on him (from 9 months ago):

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2015/09/22/scout-report-hirving-lozano-pachucas-tricky-winger/

Decent chances of him coming, club president confirmed as much Utd are interested, he was the one who recommended Chicharito to Utd. 

One player I'd like to see at Utd is Hirving Lozano. An upgrade on Lingard imo and younger. Quick, direct, good dribbler. 

Scout report on him (from 9 months ago):

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2015/09/22/scout-report-hirving-lozano-pachucas-tricky-winger/

Decent chances of him coming, club president confirmed as much Utd are interested, he was the one who recommended Chicharito to Utd. 

If he has the same impact or more than Chicharito then United found a gem

Rumours are going around that Mourinho might sell Darmain to Juventus, If true, Is Mourinho hunting for a RB?

Matic wants to come to United as well - he needs to rediscover his form

Wow its taken me a while to catch up on here. Good to see old forumers posting, bad to see people like Talentsearcher scare them off.

Few points.

- Why would you want Fosu-Mensah at DM when he looks ready made to be a top RB, have him working with Valencia and that is a good duo. (Fob Darmian off).

- Blind is not, I repeat, is not a good CB - it astounds me that people still think he is. I think he would be very good at DM though.

- 4-1-2-3 is a ludicrous formation, might as well talk about the 4-2-4 days of football manager.

- Aubameyang would be an amazing signing for the PL, £58m isn't really that shocking nowadays plus its not like Utd fans have any right to baulk at that price.

- On Eric Bailly - whatever you think of him, or however good or bad he turns out to be, for Utd to pay roughly the same money for him as Hummels cost is crazy however you look at it, they aren't even close to being on the same level.

That said, I am a fan of his.

I can comfortably say, unless he develops into it, he is in no-way like Vidic ever was.

Bailly is tall, quick, very strong and has an already for his age very impressive level of dealing with 1-on-1 situations, he was dribbled by less often than any other top 4 la liga defender including Pique, Ramos & Godin. He also fairly content at playing at RB also. He doesn't need to be brutish as he is an intelligent defender.

He isn't quite as good on the ball (including passing) as people think but he certainly doesn't lack for confidence. He also has some disciplinary issues, being booked in 13/21 games in the first half of the season, but an impressive thing due to his age is his ability to learn and develop - he wasn't booked in his final 13 appearances.

It's an interesting signing.

FYI for Kyles sake some of this is from skysports, we have to state sources for information now.

If he has the same impact or more than Chicharito then United found a gem

Rumours are going around that Mourinho might sell Darmain to Juventus, If true, Is Mourinho hunting for a RB?

Matic wants to come to United as well - he needs to rediscover his form

Not only Utd as some other 11 clubs are interested in Lozano too.

Darmian to Juve- why would they need another RB when they already have Dani Alves and Lichtsteiner. There would be no point in Darmian moving there- even if Lichtsteiner leaves, as he wouldn't start. He'd be a bit-part player. Meanwhile, as an AC Milan product and ex-Torino player, don't think he should be going there.

I don't want Matic at Utd, just not a fan of him, though he's a good CDM when on form.

Darmian is a CB by trade, my guess would be that if Juve got him, he wouldn't feature as their starting right back. Even so, I doubt he'd make the move in the first place, as he's got Torino history. Moreover, Tuttosport is a Juve paper, and will attempt to link almost everyone to the club - wouldn't take much of what they say seriously. 

Rumours about Matic are as absurd, if not more absurd than the Darmian ones. I can't fathom why Mourinho would go back for a player who implicitly gave him the boot. Fair enough, he's a good player when in form, as Rahul already said, but for United to shell out another 25M on a DM who has not really proved to be consistent is not ideal. Furthermore, I stick by my opinion that Schneiderlin will be the player to shine the most under Mourinho, so building a midfield around him would make the most sense.

Wow its taken me a while to catch up on here. Good to see old forumers posting, bad to see people like Talentsearcher scare them off. 

Few points.

- Why would you want Fosu-Mensah at DM when he looks ready made to be a top RB, have him working with Valencia and that is a good duo. (Fob Darmian off).

- Blind is not, I repeat, is not a good CB - it astounds me that people still think he is. I think he would be very good at DM though.

- 4-1-2-3 is a ludicrous formation, might as well talk about the 4-2-4 days of football manager.

- Aubameyang would be an amazing signing for the PL, £58m isn't really that shocking nowadays plus its not like Utd fans have any right to baulk at that price.

- On Eric Bailly - whatever you think of him, or however good or bad he turns out to be, for Utd to pay roughly the same money for him as Hummels cost is crazy however you look at it, they aren't even close to being on the same level.

I can comfortably say, unless he develops into it, he is in no-way like Vidic ever was.

Bailly is tall, quick, very strong and has an already for his age very impressive level of dealing with 1-on-1 situations, he was dribbled by less often than any other top 4 la liga defender including Pique, Ramos & Godin. He also fairly content at playing at RB also. He doesn't need to be brutish as he is an intelligent defender.

He isn't quite as good on the ball (including passing) as people think but he certainly doesn't lack for confidence. He also has some disciplinary issues, being booked in 13/21 games in the first half of the season, but an impressive thing due to his age is his ability to learn and develop - he wasn't booked in his final 13 appearances.

Love getting a mention

I can't remember the game, but I might of been Tottenham, Fosu-Mensah was the RB and kept tracking to the middle, making Mata run the whole right side - maybe it was apart of LVG plans but to me, He might suit RB position United Mourinho but Fosu-Mensah has the power, strength, pace to be a DM and when he came on vs Arsenal, he controlled the midfield, I wait an see what Mourinho decides

At Least we agreed that Blind is no CB - He be a good CB/DM for a possession football club like Bayern or Barce

I still think Bailly is a rough gem of Vidic style

-They both enjoy the physical battle - As both are very strong

- Roughly the same high

- Both intelligent players

- Both liable for a bookings

- Maybe Bailly does has the pace over Vidic

- Both hate Torres

I'm interested to see him at United - hopefully less work for De Gea next year

Ash, Fosu-Mensah has looked good as a full-back, but he's got all the attributes to make an even better box-to-box midfielder. 

Moreover, call me insane, but I wouldn't be too disappointed having Valencia cover for that RB spot. He's been good in the past few months, and once again I think Mourinho can only make players like him better.

Darmian is a CB by trade, my guess would be that if Juve got him, he wouldn't feature as their starting right back. Even so, I doubt he'd make the move in the first place, as he's got Torino history. Moreover, Tuttosport is a Juve paper, and will attempt to link almost everyone to the club - wouldn't take much of what they say seriously. 

Rumours about Matic are as absurd, if not more absurd than the Darmian ones. I can't fathom why Mourinho would go back for a player who implicitly gave him the boot. Fair enough, he's a good player when in form, as Rahul already said, but for United to shell out another 25M on a DM who has not really proved to be consistent is not ideal. Furthermore, I stick by my opinion that Schneiderlin will be the player to shine the most under Mourinho, so building a midfield around him would make the most sense.

I hope it just all talk, I like to see Schneiderlain give that chance to have a key role in protecting the back 4, only thing Schneiderlain needs to work on is seeing the danger before it happens an positioning

Sir Rahul - Lichtsteiner is linked with Chelsea so who knows

Wait and see

Ash, Fosu-Mensah has looked good as a full-back, but he's got all the attributes to make an even better box-to-box midfielder. 

Moreover, call me insane, but I wouldn't be too disappointed having Valencia cover for that RB spot. He's been good in the past few months, and once again I think Mourinho can only make players like him better.

Good to know, from what I have seen he looks like a promising player and I think RB but I'd like to think you know a bit more about him than me mate.

I don't think you are insane at all about Valencia, I don't know why but I just really like him at RB.

Talent, stop comparing Bailly to Vidic, just stop - you wan't to try glorify him and big him up by comparing him to a Utd CB of old at least try to be a little bit accurate and say Ferdinand.

Few points.

I like Bailly, was excellent against us in the 1st leg

But then again, Gabriel Paulista looked top draw in that Villarreal side.... and now :-/

I like Bailly, was excellent against us in the 1st leg

But then again, Gabriel Paulista looked top draw in that Villarreal side.... and now :-/

Gabriel Paulista is not a player for Arsenal, i said he wasn't good enough in this forum as soon as i saw that Arsenal signed him. Not saying that Bailly is that bad, but with around 40M€ they would probably get a much better player that will not disappear for about a month in the middle of the season.