Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Gabriel Paulista is not a player for Arsenal, i said he wasn't good enough in this forum as soon as i saw that Arsenal signed him. Not saying that Bailly is that bad, but with around 40M€ they would probably get a much better player that will not disappear for about a month in the middle of the season.

I haven't seen you praising a single signing that United have ever made. Coincidence or just bitter?

Wow its taken me a while to catch up on here. Good to see old forumers posting, bad to see people like Talentsearcher scare them off.

Few points.

- Why would you want Fosu-Mensah at DM when he looks ready made to be a top RB, have him working with Valencia and that is a good duo. (Fob Darmian off).

- Blind is not, I repeat, is not a good CB - it astounds me that people still think he is. I think he would be very good at DM though.

- 4-1-2-3 is a ludicrous formation, might as well talk about the 4-2-4 days of football manager.

- Aubameyang would be an amazing signing for the PL, £58m isn't really that shocking nowadays plus its not like Utd fans have any right to baulk at that price.

- On Eric Bailly - whatever you think of him, or however good or bad he turns out to be, for Utd to pay roughly the same money for him as Hummels cost is crazy however you look at it, they aren't even close to being on the same level.

That said, I am a fan of his.

I can comfortably say, unless he develops into it, he is in no-way like Vidic ever was.

Bailly is tall, quick, very strong and has an already for his age very impressive level of dealing with 1-on-1 situations, he was dribbled by less often than any other top 4 la liga defender including Pique, Ramos & Godin. He also fairly content at playing at RB also. He doesn't need to be brutish as he is an intelligent defender.

He isn't quite as good on the ball (including passing) as people think but he certainly doesn't lack for confidence. He also has some disciplinary issues, being booked in 13/21 games in the first half of the season, but an impressive thing due to his age is his ability to learn and develop - he wasn't booked in his final 13 appearances.

It's an interesting signing.

Just out of curiosity have you ever seen him play and actually have your own opinion on him or is there a reason you've just basically copied those last two paragraphs off sky sports?

Personally from what I've seen from Bailly he looks above average, that's a huge fee and if Laporte or Stones were available for around that fee I would prefer one of those. But I'll put my trust in Jose. Someone mentioned the Hummels transfer to Bayern around the same price and all I would say is Bayern are very shrewd and we're man United and we're certainly not shrewd.

Just out of curiosity have you ever seen him play and actually have your own opinion on him or is there a reason you've just basically copied those last two paragraphs off sky sports?

They are the same facts and stats wherever you read them. I'm an avid La Liga fan and watched him play a considerable amount last season.

Just an FYI guys you aren't allowed to use actual facts about players from any website on here as it may upset Kyle.

Here's a made up fact if you prefer them, he is Black Panther!

I've added a bit into the bottom of that post for you Kyle.

Also did you know that Falcao turned down the offer to play Tony Montana before Al Pacino was offered the role. I'll keep them coming for you.

In other news Pjanic looks like he is rejected Chelsea & Utd to go to Juve.

Did you know that Roberto Carlos, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo & Rivaldo all starred in the highly acclaimed film City Of God.

__

I would love to see behind the scenes at Roma. Signing Rudiger to more than likely sell him, then him getting injured. How they deal with rumours like Manolas, Naninggalon & Pjanic, the Totti situation - what is as actually happening for real you know. Like the NFL do with hard knocks, kinda.

EDIT: Crazy thing is Florenzi was probably their best player last season too!

Too much trolling Ash, watch the multi posts

I responded to Kyle's post.

Talked about Pjanic, of which Utd were linked.

Said to Kyle I was just joking as I didn't want him to get upset again as I actually quite like him.

Spoke about Roma, of which Utd have been linked to Manolas, Nainggalon & Pjanic.

I also added a bit of light heartiness into the posts with my un-facts.

Get a grip man, what have these forums turned into, I hope I wasn't this petty when I was in power! 

hqdefault.jpg

I would love to see behind the scenes at Roma. Signing Rudiger to more than likely sell him, then him getting injured. How they deal with rumours like Manolas, Naninggalon & Pjanic, the Totti situation - what is as actually happening for real you know. Like the NFL do with hard knocks, kinda.

EDIT: Crazy thing is Florenzi was probably their best player last season too!

Yup I posted about this on the Chelsea thread. Pjanic likely to leave, toss-up between the Greek and the Belgian. Totti's signed a new contract.

Meanwhile, a slight digression:

My article on Belgium: http://outsideoftheboot.com/2016/06/08/euro-2016-belgium-defensive-questions/ 

Would be great if you guys could check it out. :)

Yup I posted about this on the Chelsea thread. Pjanic likely to leave, toss-up between the Greek and the Belgian. Totti's signed a new contract.

Meanwhile, a slight digression:

My article on Belgium: http://outsideoftheboot.com/2016/06/08/euro-2016-belgium-defensive-questions/ 

Would be great if you guys could check it out. :)

Really fantastic work mate, impressed.

Also, very nice read Rahul; congrats!

Thanks Ani, much appreciated  :)

Rumours linking us with Breel Embolo now. A FM/FIFA wonderkid, Embolo is quick, powerful, direct. Would be a great signing really, the right-sided version of Martial.

Picture this: Martial Rashford Embolo as our front 3. 

Now I'm not sure how Rashford, Martial, Embolo and Ibra can be shoehorned into the same side. Not to forget Rooney and the rumours with Pogba (which I don't trust but you have to consider the possibility).

De Gea

Darmian-Bailly-Smalling-Shaw

Rooney-Pogba

Embolo-Rashford (as an interior striker, more of a CF than CAM)- Martial

Ibra

That team would be amazing. Still a pipe-dream though. Rumours also linking us with a hijack for Mkhitaryan. Next season's team would potentially be amazing. I'm getting ahead of myself here but can't help it. :)

Lastly, the most ridiculous rumours, Nani back to Utd. No thanks. 

I haven't seen you praising a single signing that United have ever made. Coincidence or just bitter?

When was the last time you did a signing worth of praising? In my opinion the last one was Di Maria and you simply didn't know how to use him and then let him go. Martial was worth signing, just not for the fee involved, that it not a signing worth praising. 

Anyway, why would i be bitter?

Probably because the majority have been poor  :D  :D lets be honest... 

Yup, indeed they have, but if they really sign Ibra, now that is a signing worth praising. Although i feel bad for Ibra, not playing for a CL team, he should go to London, Arsenal really needs a player with his skills, but they simply don't have the same deep pockets as Manchester.

When was the last time you did a signing worth of praising? In my opinion the last one was Di Maria and you simply didn't know how to use him and then let him go. Martial was worth signing, just not for the fee involved, that it not a signing worth praising. 

Anyway, why would i be bitter?

Yup, indeed they have, but if they really sign Ibra, now that is a signing worth praising. Although i feel bad for Ibra, not playing for a CL team, he should go to London, Arsenal really needs a player with his skills, but they simply don't have the same deep pockets as Manchester.

Shaw was a brilliant signing. Blind was a brilliant signing. Schneiderlin was a brilliant signing. Only because LvG didn't use them properly doesn't mean the signings weren't good. Stop pissing in your pants mate.I am so looking forward to this season. Ah the bitter comments. I've missed them so bad.

I probably wouldn't praise any signing made in recent years, yes, Shaw, Martial, Schneiderlin were very good signings but we were panic buying and held to ransom over them just look at the fees. Last signing I would praise on a world class level would of been RVP in my opinion.

How less did you want to pay for Shaw and Schneiderlin. They were fair deals. Martial looked like overpriced but he has been worth every penny. Take the 60m right now Monaco.

They were both panic buys, Shaw had potential but we were desperate for a LB. I rate Shaw and I think he's the future and Martial I have previously classed as a bargain now and still stick by that but he was a big gamble that paid off he was a panic buy.

Hahahahahahahaaha!

Luke Shaw panic buy!!! How on earth is signing the most talented young English defender at the time a panic buy. The reason we let Evra go is because we knew we had Shaw coming in? Panic my left cheek.

As for Martial he was also not a panic buy. The club had extensively scouted him and had found a player fitting their profile, young, high potential, quick and technically gifted and went for him. He's done better than many on here expected but that doesn't mean we panicked to bring him in.

Both signings were well scouted and well thought out.

Definitely not a panic buy.

Marouanne Fellaini and Juan Mata I would accept as panic buys.

Luke Shaw is a player I'm a huge fan of and a player I was dying for us to sign, most talented young English defender at the time? 100%. Did we let Evra go because of that? I'm not sure, letting Evra go was a huge mistake. We paid a record fee for a teenager when we purchased Shaw, we were also incredibly lucky to sign him because of Chelsea sniffing if I recall wouldn't pay the high fee or his wages or something financial like that. Does that make him a panic buy? No, we just like overpaying (long term could potentially be a bargain) what I think made him a panic buy was the fact we lost Evra and desperately needed a LB and United being United jumped on the first chance, a young talented hyped English player. A panic buy would be based purely on my opinion but Martial on the other hand I have no doubt was a panic buy, I watched him a lot for Monaco and he looked a fairly decent player to me he didn't shine out as a player for that value. His stats their weren't exactly impressive. I don't class myself as a top scout or a fantastic eye for talent but with the players United have signed over the last few years I wouldn't say our scouts are currently much better. Other clubs got involved for him and we bottled it and paid this huge value which another club wouldn't of gone anywhere near, regardless of my opinions of that. I'm happy we have both and I hope we can keep both for years to come.