Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

Bit in Bold - Ibra, Mkhitaryan, Bailly so far

I cant see why not Pogba - Ibra and Mkhitaryan has joined United - who their agent Raiola same as Pogba

Pogba father want Pogba to challenge himself in a better league

Barca - I still think they have Financial issues and would Pogba get in over Rakatic, Busquets and Iniesta? unlikely

Real Madrid - I wont count them out but they have Kroos, Modric and Casemiro(on his day can be class)

PSG - New manager, French player but League not testing

Mourinho not lost his touch, he wanted out of Chelsea and IMO always wanted the United job

A United fan of twitter asked Schmeichel that United need another CB and CM, his Reply was It's coming, don't worry - not sure if he knows something, hoping Mourinho does it or just saying it

Bailly isn't a world class player, at least, not yet. He isn't even between the most talented young CB IMO, he doesn't know what CL is yet, and he's transfer fee was ridiculously Man Utd. 

Ibra is an amazing player, i really like him, and he was a great signing, although Mourinho and playing in another major league was probably the main reason to come to United, i think Man Utd deep pockets had something to do with it. Besides, he has been playing in CL for almost 15 straight years, he probably had enough of it.

Mkhitaryan is a very talented player, that's for sure, but he's not exactly the creme de la crop, and is exactly the kind of player that i see Man Utd signing at the moment.

If Pogba father wants him to challenge himself in a better league, wouldn't Spain be a better place for that these days? I know barca bought Denis Suarez, so that's another midfielder, but Iniesta isn't getting younger, and they need a to be carving up a replacement. Casemiro has the ocasional good day, but he's not exactly Galácticos material, and that's what Florentino Perez RM is all about. Besides, Zidane loves him. I think Hazard and Pogba will play for Real Madrid next season.

More than his touch, Mourinho lost his mind, that Chelsea circus was ridiculous. I at least, i'm feed up with him, and i'm sure i'm not the only one.

But Man Utd team is shaping up nicely, it has Rooney, Carrick, Schweinsteiger and Ibra for class and experience, Rashford, Martial, Bailly and Shaw for the long haul, De Gea and Mkhitaryan for consistency. If you get Varane, Lukaku and Draxler, things will get interesting, but what a hell are you going to do with all the dead weight? 

Mkhitaryan is surely one of the best attacking mids in the world at the moment, heavily underrated because he plays for Dortmund/Armenia. In my opinion.

Pogba to Barca will never happen unless they offload one of MSN. As we know their wage-to-income ratio is very high and given the contracts of MSN, Iniesta and Busquets, they can't afford a big money signing, forget Pogba. That's a move not happening for the next few years.

Pogba to Real is the favourite still IF they off-load Rodriguez. If they sell him then Pogba is as good as having signed for Madrid imo. They need to sell to buy.

Hazard to Real is definitely not happening now if they get Pogba. Even if they don't, where will they play him?

Don't think Zidane will go for him. 

I find it exceptionally poor that there is not one comment or tribute from the United "fans" to a man that has given his life to United on the day he officially leaves. Giggs was not only a Untied legend but a premier league legend.

He was one of my favourite players when I was a kid, watching him in the first premier league season and being left footed myself I instantly wanted to be like him as a player. I'll never forget his goal against Spurs in 92.

In the early years I remember thinking that him and Sharpe were the two best wingers going, along with the two most skillful. I then saw Baggio play and he blew my mind, becoming my favourite player to watch for a while.

I really hope he can make a success of what ever career he intends on forging from here on out. If it is management I think it would be such a shame to end up like Robson who was such a magnificent player but an awful manager.

It's because 90% of the 'Utd' fans on here are completely classless mate & should be ashamed of themselves. But then again people like Talentsearcher only saw the last year of his playing career as anything before that was before their time as a 'Utd' fan.

Ryan Giggs will go down as the greatest player in Premier League history, I don't see anyone getting close.

Rumours say that James is close to signing for PSG, and as Rahul said, this would put Real in pole position.

In other news, apparently Hirving Lozano will be signing for United after the Olympics. Don't know anything about the guy, but read somewhere that he could be classed as "one of those players who goes to Porto/Benfica for 15M, only to be sold a year or two later for 40M". Here's hoping that that is somewhat accurate.

It's because 90% of the 'Utd' fans on here are completely classless mate & should be ashamed of themselves. But then again people like Talentsearcher only saw the last year of his playing career as anything before that was before their time as a 'Utd' fan.

Ryan Giggs will go down as the greatest player in Premier League history, I don't see anyone getting close.

Wrong.

It's because Giggs is an odious human being, and whilst one always try to discern personal from professional matters, in this case I simply cannot do that. Excellent player, and arguably one of the best of all time, but absolutely disgraceful person, and frankly will not be missed.

Of course it's sad to see Giggsy go after basically giving his life to the club but it's a positive move and it's the right time for him trying to pursue a management career of his own and you never know one day he may return as the manager of United.

Rumours say that James is close to signing for PSG, and as Rahul said, this would put Real in pole position.

In other news, apparently Hirving Lozano will be signing for United after the Olympics. Don't know anything about the guy, but read somewhere that he could be classed as "one of those players who goes to Porto/Benfica for 15M, only to be sold a year or two later for 40M". Here's hoping that that is somewhat accurate.

I've read Perez isn't sold on Pogs (strangely) but Zidane is; Perez has supported Zidane so far so will be a fascinating saga.

Lozano seems like an upgrade on Lingard to me but he may be loaned out. If he joins so late in the window I don't see him getting a chance at Utd this season. Great prospect though.

Heard Mou is keen on Will Hughes too, interesting.

Well the only active Utd fans here are TalentSearcher, Kyle, Ani and I so your statement, while being hyperbolic, still is a tad exaggerated. 

I only started really supporting the club from LvG's time onwards since I'm pretty young (speaking relatively), but I still recognise his achievements. Ryan Giggs was one of a kind and indeed the greatest player in PL history. However he already retired two years ago and was applauded and showered with accolades then, which is probably the reason there is lessened fanfare now. 

Anyway, I feel he'll be back at OT one day.

I've read Perez isn't sold on Pogs (strangely) but Zidane is; Perez has supported Zidane so far so will be a fascinating saga.

Lozano seems like an upgrade on Lingard to me but he may be loaned out. If he joins so late in the window I don't see him getting a chance at Utd this season. Great prospect though.

Heard Mou is keen on Will Hughes too, interesting.

Well the only active Utd fans here are TalentSearcher, Kyle, Ani and I so your statement, while being hyperbolic, still is a tad exaggerated. 

I only started really supporting the club from LvG's time onwards since I'm pretty young (speaking relatively), but I still recognise his achievements. Ryan Giggs was one of a kind and indeed the greatest player in PL history. However he already retired two years ago and was applauded and showered with accolades then, which is probably the reason there is lessened fanfare now. 

Anyway, I feel he'll be back at OT one day.

Of course its exaggerated but you forgot that Safir has switched from Chelsea to Utd. Allan is sometimes around too.

Plus you were the main one I wasn't including in this percentage tbh Rahul (Allan is a given also).

True he did retire 2 years ago, but he ended his near 30 year association with the club the other day. Are you saying if Sir Alex Ferguson decided to fully retire (therefore cut all association with the club) you wouldn't say any words regarding him?

Classless lol - I already knew Giggs was going and I said few pages back that he needs to go and test himself like Neville did, No player can jump from retirement to manager straight away

I've been an United fan all my life so I have seen more than his last years

Giggs off the field stuff has put a shadow over him

Still think United could sign Pogba, Lozano and interested in W Hughes situation as last year he was injured for most of it

Not seen much of Lozano - I just hope United can turn him to a gem

Other news Smalling is in Hospital in Bali with food poisoning and had an incident with Surfing - reports say jellyfish stung him

Mourinho hinted 1 more signing - Pogba

Also took a dig out of Wenger

Also had a list of 49 players young players he put through to the first team - People say he don't promote youth

Also He says his injury record is low - United needs that as last 3 years, United topped the injury table

Rooney will play as striker somehow

Also had a list of 49 players young players he put through to the first team - People say he don't promote youth

Also He says his injury record is low - United needs that as last 3 years, United topped the injury table

Matuidi is more likely, but we'll see. 

I find it exceptionally poor that there is not one comment or tribute from the United "fans" to a man that has given his life to United on the day he officially leaves. Giggs was not only a Untied legend but a premier league legend.

He was one of my favourite players when I was a kid, watching him in the first premier league season and being left footed myself I instantly wanted to be like him as a player. I'll never forget his goal against Spurs in 92.

In the early years I remember thinking that him and Sharpe were the two best wingers going, along with the two most skillful. I then saw Baggio play and he blew my mind, becoming my favourite player to watch for a while.

I really hope he can make a success of what ever career he intends on forging from here on out. If it is management I think it would be such a shame to end up like Robson who was such a magnificent player but an awful manager.

Scholes was a forward at the beginning of his United career, not an attacking midfielder. His transition is nothing like Rooney, Scholes only played a short time as a forward in the senior team before moving into midfield. Rooney has always been a forward and is only now starting to move into midfield due to age and length of first team playing time.

It would be more relevant to compare Rooney and Giggs, with Giggs moving from a pacey tricky all out winger to a more central role in midfield at the end of his career.

Odds fluctuate with punters putting money down, they are the worst indicator to look at for transfer news. I have seen odds shift on a player from evens to 4/11 through one bet by someone that read a rumour on twitter.

Regarding Pogba, am I the only one that thinks it would be the worst bit of business conducted by a club ever if Untied signed him for the fee's quoted in the media?!

You had him and let him go, now your ready to pay £80-100 million to have him back?! Surely that has to be some of the worst business ever.

Judge me if you must but Giggs leaving his assistant manager position is something I genuinely don't see as such a big deal...

His retirement from playing was incredibly emotional and he got every plaudit and fanfare anyone could possibly muster (deservedly so). He was undoubtably one of the greatest players in the premier league and a United legend but now we are looking at the 2nd chapter of his footballing career and that is management.

From a management perspective he has overseen nothing less than abject failure and so I mourn his passing out of management at United no greater than that of Moyes or LVG. He has not, for my money, contributed enough to the club after retirement in his managerial and coaching roles. At the end of the day he was offered every role possible in the club but not the manager's job and I actually find the fact that he has left because of that hilarious. How on earth he expected to be considered for the biggest job in English football with so few games and such little overall experience is beyond me! 

Ryan Giggs had no right, no reason and no claim to being the next United manager and him leaving the club to manage elsewhere presumably is the right move for everyone but should have been done sooner and we shouldn't have had a media circus of his old mates saying how great he would be. Now he has the chance to actually go out and prove he's got what it takes and come back in the future having earned the right and I hope he does.

So am I sad? No, because he hasn't really left United. It will always be his footballing home and he will regardless of his personal exploits always be loved for being the stringy Welsh kid that did it all.

Because Chelsea fans are full of class...

See the above post, he's leaving as an assistant manager, completely different to his retirement which was a noteworthy event. Ryan Giggs was an excellent servant to the club as a footballer but as a coach he's done nothing to warrant admiration.

Pogba

Seeing as I have a few minutes I'd thought I'd weigh in on this too.

Two things really:

1. If you think United have no chance of signing Pogba you're deluded.
  2. If you think United have a chance of signing Pogba over Real Madrid you're deluded.

For me it seems pretty clear Mourinho wants to make him his star signing and the £80m /€100m fee is ridiculous BUT he is exactly the type of player we are missing right now. So when I see posters saying we could get 2 or 3 signings for that money my question is this; who could we buy that would do that job for us and what other 2 signings would you make? As far as I'm concerned there is no other high profile midfielder we could go for right now (though I'd love to see Kante come in - won't happen).

IMO it simply comes down to this, is he what we need? Yes, so we should buy him if possible. The problem is that if Real Madrid offer fees as high as us and wages then I can't see why Pogba would come. That being said I'm 100% convinced Real Madrid would have to sell someone to make room because I don't see Kroos, Modric and Pogba as being a workable midfield three at any club.

Essentially if I go full muppet mode I am excited, even if it highlights how terrible it was to lose him in the first place.

How many made it and had established roles? and not then shipped out by him?

Balotelli?

Santon?

clutching at straws

Pogba

Seeing as I have a few minutes I'd thought I'd weigh in on this too.

Two things really:

1. If you think United have no chance of signing Pogba you're deluded.
  2. If you think United have a chance of signing Pogba over Real Madrid you're deluded.

For me it seems pretty clear Mourinho wants to make him his star signing and the £80m /€100m fee is ridiculous BUT he is exactly the type of player we are missing right now. So when I see posters saying we could get 2 or 3 signings for that money my question is this; who could we buy that would do that job for us and what other 2 signings would you make? As far as I'm concerned there is no other high profile midfielder we could go for right now (though I'd love to see Kante come in - won't happen).

IMO it simply comes down to this, is he what we need? Yes, so we should buy him if possible. The problem is that if Real Madrid offer fees as high as us and wages then I can't see why Pogba would come. That being said I'm 100% convinced Real Madrid would have to sell someone to make room because I don't see Kroos, Modric and Pogba as being a workable midfield three at any club.

Essentially if I go full muppet mode I am excited, even if it highlights how terrible it was to lose him in the first place.

Your right on Pogba but I can't see him at Madrid - Madrid has gone silent on Pogba - Hasn't both Madrid clubs have transfer bans after this summer?

United has the best chance of re-signing him as United signed 2 Raiola players. If United can butter him up and Pogba family, United could get him

How many made it and had established roles? and not then shipped out by him?

Balotelli?

Santon?

clutching at straws

Morata, Jese, Obi Mikel, L. Diarra, Arnautovic, Fabinho, Cherishev, Hugo Almeida, Ricardo Costa, Nacho

Also brought in youngsters like - Robben, Varane, Cech, Casemiro, Zouma, G Johnson, J Cole

Loftus-Cheeks and Traore are getting game time recently, Traore was loaned out because he had transfer issues

Then again All clubs he played for hasn't really had many stars up coming. If you want to have a go at Mourinho, I think Guardiola has a bad record as well with no 1 mentions

Other news PSG is after Schweinsteiger - Hope its true

Messi the tax fraud - great image for youngsters

Unless he pulls his finger out and starts tracking backs.. No chance.

Not only tracking back, He needs to stop with the 1 trick pony stuff - get the ball, cut in and shoot - plus he needs to cut out the tricks atm

Depay might have a chance on the wing - He needs to step up, needs to prove himself

I thought LVG hindered him, but if he cant star under Mourinho then he needs selling