Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

Same was said for Renato Sanches, yet he ended up going to Bayern.

I'm not saying that Bayern will pull it off twice, but with Woodward's incompetence, I won't believe it until it's completely finalised and reported by a reliable source.

L'Equip reporteding €120m bid accepted. €120m!? Did they not watch the Euros!? Two, I repeat two Zinedine Zidane's!

A huge amount of pressure to deal with, good luck to the lad!

To start off with the pitch was bad for both sides as it was only played on 2 days beforehand and the referee was poor

1st goal was down to the Keeper error, should of pushed it more away from goal

2nd goal was a harsh penalty

3rd goal sums up why Rojo needs to go, instead of putting a physical tackle in he just sticks a leg out and falls over, to easy for Dembele

4th goal, no 1 closes down, Rojo was nearest to the ball

Lingard had another hit/miss games, Shaw/ Mkhitaryan/Bailly impressing me

This friendly sums up why United needs a commander in Central Midfield area like Pogba as Mata, Herrera, Blind, Pereira doesn't like to header a ball

The style of play/tempo is at least more threatening than the last 3 years

Hope Smalling/ DDG/ Rooney/ Martial is back soon so we can see how strong United really are

what would you think of.. let's say

Zlatan-Rashford up top

Martial-Pogba-Pick your other CM (carrick/schneiderlin/herrera/etc)- mkhitaryan 

Shaw- Smalling and bailly - Darmian 

De gea picks himself 

no space for rooney in this system (since mou wont play him as a CM)

But i think the best way to get the most of Pogba is in a role like this, compared to being deeper, albeit probably have freedom to go forward in a deeper 2 in a 4-2-3-1

Mkhit could also CM and have someone else out wide... oh and yes there's Mou's fav Mata !!!

Need some defensive stability in midfield though

ofc I'm no United fan, but I miss seeing United in Europe, and beating them in the CL ;)

Zlatan-Rashford up top

De gea picks himself 

But i think the best way to get the most of Pogba is in a role like this, compared to being deeper, albeit probably have freedom to go forward in a deeper 2 in a 4-2-3-1

Mkhit could also CM and have someone else out wide... oh and yes there's Mou's fav Mata !!!

ofc I'm no United fan, but I miss seeing United in Europe, and beating them in the CL ;)

I think formation will be 4-2-3-1 but midfirld has a free role except for 1 holding like 4-3-3

De Gea

RB Smalling Bailly Shaw

Pogba CM

Mkhitaryan Rooney Martial

Ibra

Pogba and Rooney will have feel role in midfield

At Least United never broken any UEFA rulings and got a transfer ban(if you can call it a ban), has tax invader(Messi and Maschenero) and lies about transfers (Neymar)

Latest news

- Juventus has admitted that United are in talks with Pogba - Rumours Bonucci name was mentioned

- Higuaín having a medical at Juventus - where the money coming from?

- United are going to outbid City for Gabriel Jesus, according 35mil euros

- Manolas agent has said not just City is after him and said no comment on a move

- Not true but hoping, Moyes has signed for Sunderland, he can buy Fellaini

Man Utd plane was forced to make an emergency landing on its way to Beijing due to poor weather

Zlatan-Rashford up top

De gea picks himself 

Wouldn't work, as Pogba would face the same predicament he faced in the Euros.

In my opinion, United's best bet is playing 4-3-3 with one holding midfielder and two creative midfielders against relatively strong teams, and 4-1-2-1-2 against weaker opposition.

De Gea

Darmian/Valencia - Smalling/Bailly - Blind/Tuanzebe - Shaw/Fosu

Schneiderlin/Schweinsteiger

Pogba(?)/Herrera - Carrick/Pereira

Mkhitaryan/Mata ------------------- Martial/Rashford

Ibrahimovic/Rooney

Of the four "wingers" listed, three of them are defensively very aware, which is something that Mourinho seems to like. I can only see Rashford somewhat struggling in a more defensive LM role, assuming United are pressed and forced to play 4-5-1 (like against Dortmund). A midfield of Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger and Pogba(?) should be enough to negate any opposing midfield danger. Plus, there is enough depth to rotate, with Blind and Fosu possibly playing holding midfield, Herrera and/or Pereira coming on as a creative midfielders and Fellaini/Mata also playing in potential CM roles.

Against weaker teams, you'd be able to sacrifice the left and right midfielders in favour of a more central disposition, with an additional striker up top for extra firepower. With the full-backs having "less to do", they could combine and overlap with the LCM and/or RCM.

De Gea

Darmian/Valencia - Smalling/Bailly - Blind/Tuanzebe - Shaw/Fosu

Schneiderlin/Schweinsteiger

Pogba(?)/Herrera ---- Carrick/Pereira

Mata/Mkhitaryan

Ibrahimovic/Rooney - Martial/Rashford

You are quintessentially playing the same team in both scenarios, but with completely different tactical setups, which also brings certain selection stability, as you'd ideally like to see your manager play the same players every game.

Just another quick one on Pogba...

I disagree that he is not marketable. He's young, European with African descent and has a unique style that can help build a brand. I know Adidas have already identified him as a key marketing asset for the coming years.

Also United need creativity more than anything. Last season we were defensively sound and were able to control possession and the game for large periods. We lacked in our final delivery and while Pogba is erratic at times we can afford to have that kind of creativity in the team. I'd rather see Pogba try something clever that doesn't come off than watch 90mins of keep ball.

In terms of the transfer its done. Higuain to Juve all but confirms it.

Question is will anyone else arrive?

Just another quick one on Pogba...

I disagree that he is not marketable. He's young, European with African descent and has a unique style that can help build a brand. I know Adidas have already identified him as a key marketing asset for the coming years.

Also United need creativity more than anything. Last season we were defensively sound and were able to control possession and the game for large periods. We lacked in our final delivery and while Pogba is erratic at times we can afford to have that kind of creativity in the team. I'd rather see Pogba try something clever that doesn't come off than watch 90mins of keep ball.

In terms of the transfer its done. Higuain to Juve all but confirms it.

Question is will anyone else arrive?

Adidas is United sponsor as well, United is one of the top clubs worldwide in branding

I wouldn't judge last season to this season as LVG has a different style to Mourinho. LVG loves the possession control robotic games and he finds it easier to mould youngsters to his ways, Older lot didn't like his methods but Mourinho hopefully going to bring more attacking freedom style and if he needed he could park the bus.

Pogba deals looks like it progressing slowly. The money is debatable to anyone but I think buying Pogba would be great, just like Yaya Toure but more active, TBH United do need some1 in central Midfield that good at Aerial without throwing his elbows in people faces and giving away fouls, also Herrera, Schweinsteiger, Mata, Carrick, Schneiderlain aren't known for their aerial threat.

Juventus will need money, Looks certain Pogba will go

Money is going to go crazy nowadays, teams will hold names until high price is reached

Will anyone else arrive?

Well Fabinho situation has gone quiet even know its Rumoured that he is free to leave if £25-£30mil comes in

Matuidi is free to leave according to PSG and his agent is Raiola so who knows

Bonucci still rumoured but I think unlikely unless something happens in next few days

I do want 1 player who United linked with - Gabriel Jesus

Also I been wondering why United didn't put a B side together to enter the EFL(Johnstone's paint trophy)

Pogba has his heart set on Madrid - you can just tell.

that was clear from before all the Manchester speculation came about, Zidane seems to be playing a smart game publicly by noy t ruling out his interest in Pogba, also giving hope to Pogba that they'll eventually come in and make a bid for him, the longer the talks stall between Utd the likelier it'll be that Mourinho gets frustrated and backs out of a deal.

You seem to forget 1 thing, Zidane can want any1 but its down to Perez

the more Man Utd stall the more time Zidane has to convince him of a deal, but sky italia reporting it will be dme 48hrs so lets see what happens

Growing ridiculous bored of this Pogba saga, I don't care how much we pay seeing as it's not my money but 100m really is crazy money but like every big player United have signed they do it for business aswell so his marketable side must be high and I would rather have him than letting him go to Madrid.