Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

Growing ridiculous bored of this Pogba saga, I don't care how much we pay seeing as it's not my money but 100m really is crazy money but like every big player United have signed they do it for business aswell so his marketable side must be high and I would rather have him than letting him go to Madrid.

I just hate what this transfer fee could do to the future of football. £105m for Messi and we all think that's fair right, because he's legit the best player in the world currently but Pogba isn't top 10, or top 15 even. He certainly isn't worth more than Ronaldo, Bale or Suarez, two Zidane's you say..

Marketing wise you are bang on, he could well rival Neymar as the next global star.

I just hate what this transfer fee could do to the future of football. £105m for Messi and we all think that's fair right, because he's legit the best player in the world currently but Pogba isn't top 10, or top 15 even. He certainly isn't worth more than Ronaldo, Bale or Suarez, two Zidane's you say..

Marketing wise you are bang on, he could well rival Neymar as the next global star.

Not only this, but the fact that his agent, who has basically done nothing bar sitting on his fat arse and leech off his clients, looks to earn 20M from this deal. Football is becoming a complete farce.

laughing at bit in bold if Messi £105mil, Ronaldo must be £125mil, Messi isn't the world's best, maybe he's world's best tax payer

All the players you name except zidane - Ronaldo, messi, Suarez, Neymar, Bale even Higuaín I put in are known for their goal scoring therefore their price tags are in the world record bracket, Pogba is not known for his goal scoring records but he known for dominating the midfield and Maybe £100mil is crazy but that what football clubs will battle over nowadays, For example Stones, had an inconsistent season last year and now Everton want £50mil or like Sterling, Liverpool knew Man City needed more English players, so they stood firm over £50mil.

Adidas is Pogba and United main sponsor can possibly can be a main target for marketing to go against Neymar with Nike, Depends on what Pogba does if he joins United

laughing at bit in bold if Messi £105mil, Ronaldo must be £125mil, Messi isn't the world's best, maybe he's world's best tax payer

All the players you name except zidane - Ronaldo, messi, Suarez, Neymar, Bale even Higuaín I put in are known for their goal scoring therefore their price tags are in the world record bracket, Pogba is not known for his goal scoring records but he known for dominating the midfield and Maybe £100mil is crazy but that what football clubs will battle over nowadays, For example Stones, had an inconsistent season last year and now Everton want £50mil or like Sterling, Liverpool knew Man City needed more English players, so they stood firm over £50mil.

Adidas is Pogba and United main sponsor can possibly can be a main target for marketing to go against Neymar with Nike, Depends on what Pogba does if he joins United

Ok, few things here.

Firstly, I am a huge Real Madrid fan, lets get that straight first of all. So naturally it pains me to say Messi is the best player in the world over Ronaldo, but he is. I love that Ronaldo has won an international trophy over him but Messi will go down as one of the top 3 players to ever play football (Ronaldo top 5). I don't want to open this can of worms up about Ronaldo vs Messi but what I will say, with some (painful) confidence is that if you write down the current Real & Barca teams using last seasons formations on paper with all fit & available, Messi would stroll into that Real team but you'd struggle to fit Ronaldo into Barca. Criminal to say I know but even someone like you wish limited football knowledge outside of twitter would have to admit there is some truth in that fact.

Back to Pogba, if you have him in your top 15 your clearly more deluded than anyone ever thought. He just isn't worth the money he will cost.

Stones & Sterling aren't worth £5m combined, but they are English and that's the horrible state of the English transfer market for you.

Ok, few things here.

Firstly, I am a huge Real Madrid fan, lets get that straight first of all. So naturally it pains me to say Messi is the best player in the world over Ronaldo, but he is. I love that Ronaldo has won an international trophy over him but Messi will go down as one of the top 3 players to ever play football (Ronaldo top 5). I don't want to open this can of worms up about Ronaldo vs Messi but what I will say, with some (painful) confidence is that if you write down the current Real & Barca teams using last seasons formations on paper with all fit & available, Messi would stroll into that Real team but you'd struggle to fit Ronaldo into Barca. Criminal to say I know but even someone like you wish limited football knowledge outside of twitter would have to admit there is some truth in that fact.

Back to Pogba, if you have him in your top 15 your clearly more deluded than anyone ever thought. He just isn't worth the money he will cost.

Stones & Sterling aren't worth £5m combined, but they are English and that's the horrible state of the English transfer market for you.

still laughing, Ronaldo scoring over 50 goals in six seasons running, top goal scorer in CL twice running, Only Suarez scoring more than him last year, Ronaldo carried Portugal to Finals, Messi is 3 time finalist loser that has to quit when things got tough in a better team than Portugal.

That over, Did you read what I wrote? All the top player in the world and like the top 5 transfers atm are based upon goal scoring and nowadays to the normal person including me thinks goal scorer have high value or world record value, Look at Aubameyang people would put £60mil or more on him. Look at Payet, West Ham wants at least 50mil. Look at Bonucci 50mil. Look at Courtois £65mil, Look at Renato Sanches £64mil etc etc, Money nowadays are high and if you want the best, you have to pay top money and big clubs want to keep hold of their players.

I am not saying £100mil is Pogba value, but it's down to United wanting a big name in midfield and Juventus knowing United have money and they know they can stand firm over Pogba, I can't think of a young Midfield player who can do Pogba role, maybe Renato Sanches but we all know how that ended up

You say that the English market but its more down to the clubs standing firm over players and knowing the other clubs have money to spend

still laughing, Ronaldo scoring over 50 goals in six seasons running, top goal scorer in CL twice running, Only Suarez scoring more than him last year, Ronaldo carried Portugal to Finals, Messi is 3 time finalist loser that has to quit when things got tough in a better team than Portugal.

That over, Did you read what I wrote? All the top player in the world and like the top 5 transfers atm are based upon goal scoring and nowadays to the normal person including me thinks goal scorer have high value or world record value, Look at Aubameyang people would put £60mil or more on him. Look at Payet, West Ham wants at least 50mil. Look at Bonucci 50mil. Look at Courtois £65mil, Look at Renato Sanches £64mil etc etc, Money nowadays are high and if you want the best, you have to pay top money and big clubs want to keep hold of their players.

I am not saying £100mil is Pogba value, but it's down to United wanting a big name in midfield and Juventus knowing United have money and they know they can stand firm over Pogba, I can't think of a young Midfield player who can do Pogba role, maybe Renato Sanches but we all know how that ended up

You say that the English market but its more down to the clubs standing firm over players and knowing the other clubs have money to spend

Oh wow.

I stand by my point re Messi & Ronaldo.

Did you read what I put?? I said about Pogba not being in the top 10 or 15 players in the world, I didn't say anything top 10 or 15 most expensive players, you did, & If I did I would have mentioned something about Di Maria being the combined most expensive player of all time.

You pay for the best yes, absolutely, agreed there.. Ronaldo, Bale, Suarez, Neymar, Di Maria but Pogba isn't near the best currently. Like I said ORIGINALLY, not even top 15 in the world.

I think the Prem would be exciting with him in it but I would love it (Kevin Keegan LOVE IT) if Real sniped you to him and then see you cry about it.

That won't happen tho as Utd are stupid enough to pay the agents fee.

Oh wow.

I stand by my point re Messi & Ronaldo.

Did you read what I put?? I said about Pogba not being in the top 10 or 15 players in the world, I didn't say anything top 10 or 15 most expensive players, you did, & If I did I would have mentioned something about Di Maria being the combined most expensive player of all time.

You pay for the best yes, absolutely, agreed there.. Ronaldo, Bale, Suarez, Neymar, Di Maria but Pogba isn't near the best currently. Like I said ORIGINALLY, not even top 15 in the world.

I think the Prem would be exciting with him in it but I would love it (Kevin Keegan LOVE IT) if Real sniped you to him and then see you cry about it.

That won't happen tho as Utd are stupid enough to pay the agents fee.

My point stands and I even back it up with points

Pogba is in the top 10-15 players but Nowadays everyone to focused on goal scorers, Just look at Ballon D'Or for example, when was last time a GK, Def or Midfielder was in there

Like I said its clubs power nowadays to suck all the money they can if the team is desperate for a player

United ain't stupid as they could possible market the money back

My point stands and I even back it up with points

Pogba is in the top 10-15 players but Nowadays everyone to focused on goal scorers, Just look at Ballon D'Or for example, when was last time a GK, Def or Midfielder was in there

Like I said its clubs power nowadays to suck all the money they can if the team is desperate for a player

United ain't stupid as they could possible market the money back

This is stupid, like I said I prefer Ronaldo, but try and fit him into Barca's system and you just can't.

Pogba isn't in the top 15 players in the world. How can you honestly think that?! Seriously, how can you actually think that?

I'd say not even top 20 tbh. He wasn't even top 20 at the Euros.

In regards to the Ballon D'Or, if you take that seriously that's ridiculous, its a FIFA related award for gods sake. But yes, its a travesty no other players but forwards ever win it.

This is stupid, like I said I prefer Ronaldo, but try and fit him into Barca's system and you just can't.

Pogba isn't in the top 15 players in the world. How can you honestly think that?! Seriously, how can you actually think that?

I'd say not even top 20 tbh. He wasn't even top 20 at the Euros.

In regards to the Ballon D'Or, if you take that seriously that's ridiculous, its a FIFA related award for gods sake. But yes, its a travesty no other players but forwards ever win it.

You can fit Ronaldo into Barcelona team, my points stands about him and he also been and done it in England, you cant ignore the facts

Like I will keep saying, Everyone class goal scorers the best in the world and forget the rest, I think Pogba is up there, Maybe the Italian league doesn't get looked at. He a young all round CM and their ain't many of them around. In the Euro's, he was used wrong

Pogba has good range passing, aerial threat, power, dribbling, free kick, shot, assists

Look at it this way, other then Barce and Madrid, where are the best all round CM out there?

You can fit Ronaldo into Barcelona team, my points stands about him and he also been and done it in England, you cant ignore the facts

Like I will keep saying, Everyone class goal scorers the best in the world and forget the rest, I think Pogba is up there, Maybe the Italian league doesn't get looked at. He a young all round CM and their ain't many of them around. In the Euro's, he was used wrong

Pogba has good range passing, aerial threat, power, dribbling, free kick, shot, assists

Look at it this way, other then Barce and Madrid, where are the best all round CM out there?

You would not separate Neymar, Suarez & Messi, it just won't work.

Top 20 at Euros (not in order): Griezmann, Bale, Payet, Kroos, Ronaldo, Hazard, De Bruyne, Ramsey, Lloris, Pepe, Chiellini, Bonucci, Ozil, Modric, De Gea, Boateng, Blaszczykowski, Krychowiak, Iniesta, Allen.

Hell could even make it 21 and stick Kante in there. Guerriero and thats 22.

Top 20 in the world (not in order): Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Suarez, Bale, Iniesta, Modric, Kroos, Lewandowski, Neuer, Chiellini, Ramos, Boateng, Aguero, Thiago Silva, Busquets, Pique, Griezmann, Ibra, Bonucci.

Add to that Matuidi, Di Maria, Hazard, De Bruyne, Higuain, Godin, Buffon.

2 keepers, 7 defenders, 10 midfielders, 8 strikers. (Auba & Reus would make it 11 mids and 9 strikers)

In terms of central midfielders (including Real and Barca, & different ages):

Kroos, Modric, Busquets, Iniesta, Vidal, Matuidi, Alaba, Verratti, Marchisio, Alonso, Kyrychowiak, Gundogan, Nainggalon, Kante, Saul, De Bruyne, Koke, Thiago, Gomes can all be considered at least equal to Pogba depending on how a central midfield role is defined nowadays.

Pogba is a very exciting player, with the potential to rival Neymar as the next big brand in football. But he isn't top 20 in the world (or top 29 as above) and certainly is not worth £105m + £18.4m. 

Funny how while the other Utd fans on here are right in not caring about the money as its Utd's to spend, they still don't like it. Yet you think its all gravy. I wonder how that could be? 

Also, Ronaldo is not the best in the world, as my one-legged pet pigeon could score the majority of his tap-ins.

Messi is naturally gifted, and the magic he produces on the ball is something Ronaldo never could produce, and never will.

The only player who could match him in my opinion is Michael Laudrup, but that's a completely different topic.

Vidal? Marchisio? Nainggolan? Pjanic? Alaba? Matuidi? Modric? Guardado? Enzo Perez?

You get it, there is an endless list of cheaper (and possibly also better) options.

Except they aren't al options and the only player I would want at United over Pogba off that list is Modric.

I would love Alaba almost equally though.

I think you're clutching at straws a bit here though arguing Marchisio, Guardado and Enzo Perez in particular.

In fact, I'm anticipating Real to snipe him for around the 100M mark.

Just so that United can then move on to better alternatives, such as Matuidi.

No chance Adidas have pretty much confirmed it just google their latest Pogba Bla Bla video.

Genuinely delighted that we finally have the exact CM we've needed a strong tall skillful and creative player but obviously the fee is high. What I would say though is that from a marketing perspective Pogba is a huge name rivalled only in the future by Neymar IMO (who I think actually has less global appeal).

I don't think we can bring Messi and Ronaldo into this Pogba situation both are clearly currently the best players of their generation but Pogba you would say probably is the new generation. He's not going to score loads of goals but we all know Ed Woodward is pretty useless when it comes to signing players but one thing he knows how to do is market and make money. The new generation coming with money in football will make players go for more money due to talent and marketing potential because we all know football is a business. Pogba this summer for 100m give it 3 years and it could Alli, Coman or Sanches for 120m we don't know but from the Kaka to Ronaldo to Bale to Suarez to now Higuain prices are crazy and it will keep continuing and buying Pogba now for 100m at 23? At 26/27 when he's hitting his 'prime' football prices will be higher and United could possibly even make more than 100m selling him to Madrid or someone - that's my opinion on it.

You would not separate Neymar, Suarez & Messi, it just won't work.

Top 20 at Euros (not in order): Griezmann, Bale, Payet, Kroos, Ronaldo, Hazard, De Bruyne, Ramsey, Lloris, Pepe, Chiellini, Bonucci, Ozil, Modric, De Gea, Boateng, Blaszczykowski, Krychowiak, Iniesta, Allen.

Hell could even make it 21 and stick Kante in there. Guerriero and thats 22.

Top 20 in the world (not in order): Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Suarez, Bale, Iniesta, Modric, Kroos, Lewandowski, Neuer, Chiellini, Ramos, Boateng, Aguero, Thiago Silva, Busquets, Pique, Griezmann, Ibra, Bonucci.

Add to that Matuidi, Di Maria, Hazard, De Bruyne, Higuain, Godin, Buffon.

2 keepers, 7 defenders, 10 midfielders, 8 strikers. (Auba & Reus would make it 11 mids and 9 strikers)

In terms of central midfielders (including Real and Barca, & different ages):

Kroos, Modric, Busquets, Iniesta, Vidal, Matuidi, Alaba, Verratti, Marchisio, Alonso, Kyrychowiak, Gundogan, Nainggalon, Kante, Saul, De Bruyne, Koke, Thiago, Gomes can all be considered at least equal to Pogba depending on how a central midfield role is defined nowadays.

Pogba is a very exciting player, with the potential to rival Neymar as the next big brand in football. But he isn't top 20 in the world (or top 29 as above) and certainly is not worth £105m + £18.4m. 

Funny how while the other Utd fans on here are right in not caring about the money as its Utd's to spend, they still don't like it. Yet you think its all gravy. I wonder how that could be? 

Ronaldo 50 goals a season 6 seasons running, still have a stupid goal to game ratio, top scorer in CL 2 times running

In my opinion Pogba in their as top 20 players, He was used wrong in Euro's like MANY said on here or are they backtracking?

I said excluding Barce and Madrid as they ain't going to transfer so your down to - Vidal, Matuidi, Alaba, Verratti, Marchisio, Alonso, Kyrychowiak, Gundogan, Nainggalon, Kante, Saul, De Bruyne, Koke, Thiago, Gomes

Only 4 I like out of them is Alaba, Saul, Koke, Verratti but Alaba plays LB mostly

Plus I said an all round CM as Kyrychowiak, Kante, Alonso are more defensive

I only put Verratti or Alaba on par with Pogba

I keep saying £100mil is crazy etc but I am looking at it from a business sense as Football has turned that way, Man United in the market for a CM, Juventus knows this and know United has money and they have the player power to stand firm so the can wait for any price. I been saying prices for others are going high and your like oh that the English market for ya etc - Its Club Power nowadays wanting to keep the best or sell crazy

I don't think we can bring Messi and Ronaldo into this Pogba situation both are clearly currently the best players of their generation but Pogba you would say probably is the new generation. He's not going to score loads of goals but we all know Ed Woodward is pretty useless when it comes to signing players but one thing he knows how to do is market and make money. The new generation coming with money in football will make players go for more money due to talent and marketing potential because we all know football is a business. Pogba this summer for 100m give it 3 years and it could Alli, Coman or Sanches for 120m we don't know but from the Kaka to Ronaldo to Bale to Suarez to now Higuain prices are crazy and it will keep continuing and buying Pogba now for 100m at 23? At 26/27 when he's hitting his 'prime' football prices will be higher and United could possibly even make more than 100m selling him to Madrid or someone - that's my opinion on it.

Kyle, you sums what I am trying to get through Ashtini head

Of course you can bring Ronaldo & Messi into the conversation. This transfer would mean he is worth more than Ronaldo (& Bale, & Suarez, & Neymar), which is laughable. & if Pogba is worth £123m in total how much is Messi now worth?

All the players I named, including Barcelona & Real, old or young, with all able to play CM are at least on par with Pogba, with maybe Gomes the reach of the lot.

I don't agree that they are on par with Pogba, your saying Kante has a strike like Pogba?

Club power nowadays and if the club is smart they would milk as much as they like.

Is Stones worth 50mil, sterling worth 50mil, renato sanches 64mil, sane 40mil, Higuian 70mil, Courtois 65mil?

I don't agree that they are on par with Pogba, your saying Kante has a strike like Pogba?

Club power nowadays and if the club is smart they would milk as much as they like.

Is Stones worth 50mil, sterling worth 50mil, renato sanches 64mil, sane 40mil, Higuian 70mil, Courtois 65mil?

Kante & Sanches both completely outplayed Pogba at the Euros.

I'm comparing players that can play at CM, not their single attributes. I can if you wish but then it would bring up the fact Pogba can't defend anywhere near like a lot of the others. Vidal strikes it better, Kante tackles better, Alonso passes it better, Modric is more creative, Nainggalon engine is better, Kroos does all of that better.

Pogba isn't the finished article yes, potential to be great yet. But then he might not be, Utd (& SAF the greatest manager ever) already messed it up with him once, you think Jose is less volatile?

If Pogba is worth £123m then the likes of Sane, Sanches, Higuain & Courtois are bargains.

How many more times do I have to say Pogba was played wrong in Euro's

I am talking about Pogba is an all round CM IMO and there not many of them on his level.

United or SAF didn't mess up, Pogba and his agent wanted more money at his young age.

So if he is an all round CM how can playing 5 yards out of position in the CENTRAL of MIDFIELD mean he was played wrong? Maybe he just couldn't cope with the pressure put on his shoulders, much like there will be when he is the most expensive payer ever, or just the fact that is not an all round central midfielder and you don't know what you are talking about and you are as per usual talking total rubbish.

Pogba is a far better midfielder going forward, he doesn't win enough defensive headers and isn't good enough at tackling to be known as all all round CM. He only looked half decent at the Euros when Kante enabled him to have more influence attacking, will he have that at Utd next to Schneiderlin(?)? Hard to see but will be interesting to watch.