Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

I honestly do not think 100m is overpricing Pogba (If you exclude the fact he left for free of course) and no he's not going to bring Utd back to the top himself if at all. He is something Utd need and quite badly and he is arguably the best at what he does but every year I become more astonished at the prices paid for English players I haven't even heard of and on occasion even non English League 1 players. 

I don't know maybe it's me that just hasn't heard of these players and don't ask me to mention who I was talking about as they are so unknown to me I still do not remember their names and whilst Jordan Ibe had a pretty disturbing fee I can understand why he was purchased for the sum he was but it's the club that shocked me more paying so much for one player. Again might just be me as I don't particularly watch loads of English football it's one of the leagues I follow the least but I still watch and follow it to a good extent. You could say the players only worth what a team is willing to pay and that argument could be put on the Pogba situation but comparing Pogba to a relative unknown is not really comparable so please don't.  :P

Meanwhile Madrid are expressing serious interest in Verratti, which kind of sums this whole fiasco up. By complying to the demands of Juve and Raiola, United look set to resign a player they let go on a free just four years ago for one hundred million pounds more, whilst Real bag in the better player for a fraction of the price. Mugging of the century? Quite possibly, not to mention the fact that this is a "team effort", with the Spanish giants now playing significant roles in the baiting of Premier League teams. Disgusted.

Andre Gomes has gone for less than 30M by the way. I quaintly remember PL teams being asked to pay over 50M for him (no add-ons). 

Also, I don't give a monkeys about marketability, as it is not affecting me in any way whatsoever. You (ubiquitous) may be right in saying that Pogba will be the most marketable footballer alongside Neymar in a few years, but as long as that does not reflect in performances and subsequent trophies, I could not care less. And for me, Pogba will not be the catalyst to success.

No wonder I sold Pogba for 500k in SM once and he rose to 92 in just 2 years. Its my worst SM deal ever. :D

I think United are thinking the same way. But what they are doing is even worse and although the money to be spent on him will be paid if ManU finishes in top 3(which they will surely now) thanks to the new TV deal and United fan base that's going to rebuild looking at this season's transfers.

But in no way Pogba is a player for what he's valued by United. Higuain is going to play in the same league where he plays like a beast but Pogba is going to play in a league and with a team with which he was rejected by the then best manager in the league and sold for free, clearly saying he's not eligible for United. And now he's the transfer of the world.

I don't know to be baffled or proud of the rise of Pogba. But if Leicester wins it again, I'll be definitely baffled. :P

Reading in total that sigjnjng Pogba will total £178m when all added up.

That is astounding and truly indefensible.

Good luck to him, so so much pressure.

That is such a made up fee it's ridiculous!!!!

What's the source Ash do tell?

A few what seem like reliable sources on twitter (people from Sky Italia, blue ticked verified etc) - as it's twitter take it with a pinch of salt. 

That fee includes wages but not sure about bonuses.

If true, IF, that is sickening.

For arguments sake lets do the math:

Fee: £105m

Raiola: £18.4m

5 year £250k pw contract (read anywhere between £220k-£290k so lets put it in the middle): £65m

£105m + £18.4m + £65m = £188.4m

Even at £220k pw that is £57.2m which adds up to £180.6m.

Again, without player bonuses.

5 year £250k pw contract (read anywhere between £220k-£290k so lets put it in the middle): £65m

Wages are nothing to United, You don't look at Ronaldo, Neymar, Messi, Suarez wages

Raiola fee could be split by Juventus and United, fee according £100mil

Comparing them players who played 30+ games to Pogba - Modric, Busquets, Iniesta(only played 28), Matuidi, Alaba, Krychowiak(only played 26), Nainggalon, Kante, Saul, De Bruyne(only played 25), Koke,

Last season

Goals - Pogba wins

Assists - Koke wins but Pogba close behind with 2 less assists

Pass Completions - Modric, Busquets, Alaba, Matuidi all over 91/2%. Iniesta(88%), Nainggalon(85%)  All higher than Pogba but 83% isn't bad

Chances Created - Modric(61), Koke(77), De Bruyne(81) all higher but Pogba not far behind Modric (54)

Tackles won - Kante (125), Busquets(73), Saul (68) Koke(64) are all high than Pogba 55

Free kicks - Pogba scored 4

Successful take ons - No 1 is near Pogba 102

Aerial Duels Won % - Krychowiak (70) only beats Pogba 65%

Interceptions -, Krychowiak and Kante only 2 over 100, Modric, Busquets, Koke are close but have better than Pogba

Blocks - Krychowiak, Kante, Saul. All either 11 or 10 Blocks and higher than Pogba 6

Stats don't lie, but Pogba is up there but can see Defensive side isn't the best compared to Def Mids but he does get involved in the all round game, I'm not saying these stats shows that he worth £100mil before some1 says it

A few what seem like reliable sources on twitter (people from Sky Italia, blue ticked verified etc) - as it's twitter take it with a pinch of salt.

That fee includes wages but not sure about bonuses.

If true, IF, that is sickening.

Firstly Sky Italia aren't reliable when it comes to reporting the only Italian I trust to report transfer news correctly is Di Marzio.

Secondly never in the history of transfers has a players wage been included in his overall cost. The only reason people are trying to report it that way is to make the deal look worse than it is.

Essentially as sad as it is, people are trying to add in the wages out of jealousy. If we were to add in the wages of other players at clubs it would look equally as bad for every single player as weekly wages are rarely sub £140,000 for big transfers.

Essentially it's not the fee, and it's not what it's actually costing the club to purchase Pogba. If we start down this route then plenty of players have cost well over £100m and therefore this isn't even a big deal.

The only reliable source I know has said £220,000 per week and £92m to Juventus and around £18m to Raiola.

So

Fee: £92m

Agent: £18m

Contract: £220,000 per week (length TBC but I would assume he will move on after 3 years.)

£92m + £18m + £34.32m = £144.32m

That to me is obviously a lot of money but not inexcusable when you factor in how marketable Pogba is and the fact that he is literally the only player of the exact profile/type that Manchester United need at the moment. I guarantee from deals alone with added sponsorship we will make that money back and then some!

More than anything completing this transfer makes a very firm statement that Manchester United will get top targets. Bailly, Ibrahimovic, Mkhitaryan and Pogba are all improvements to the first team and arguably (bar Bailly) the best talents around. Pogba and Mkhitaryan were the top rated players in their leagues racking up tonnes of assists and say what you want about the French league but Ibrahimovic's 50+ goals is no small feat.

I wasn't as positive going into last season or the season before as I felt we were lacking in places but in terms of a first team now I don't see too many areas to develop.

If I'm being hugely picky another RB, an athletic squad CM and RW wouldn't go amiss but I don't see many teams better than the following:

De Gea

Darmian Smalling Bailly Shaw

Carrick

Rooney Pogba

Mkhitaryan Martial

Ibrahimovic

Firstly Sky Italia aren't reliable when it comes to reporting the only Italian I trust to report transfer news correctly is Di Marzio.

Secondly never in the history of transfers has a players wage been included in his overall cost. The only reason people are trying to report it that way is to make the deal look worse than it is.

Essentially as sad as it is, people are trying to add in the wages out of jealousy. If we were to add in the wages of other players at clubs it would look equally as bad for every single player as weekly wages are rarely sub £140,000 for big transfers.

Essentially it's not the fee, and it's not what it's actually costing the club to purchase Pogba. If we start down this route then plenty of players have cost well over £100m and therefore this isn't even a big deal.

The only reliable source I know has said £220,000 per week and £92m to Juventus and around £18m to Raiola.

So

Contract: £220,000 per week (length TBC but I would assume he will move on after 3 years.)

That to me is obviously a lot of money but not inexcusable when you factor in how marketable Pogba is and the fact that he is literally the only player of the exact profile/type that Manchester United need at the moment. I guarantee from deals alone with added sponsorship we will make that money back and then some!

More than anything completing this transfer makes a very firm statement that Manchester United will get top targets. Bailly, Ibrahimovic, Mkhitaryan and Pogba are all improvements to the first team and arguably (bar Bailly) the best talents around. Pogba and Mkhitaryan were the top rated players in their leagues racking up tonnes of assists and say what you want about the French league but Ibrahimovic's 50+ goals is no small feat.

I wasn't as positive going into last season or the season before as I felt we were lacking in places but in terms of a first team now I don't see too many areas to develop.

If I'm being hugely picky another RB, an athletic squad CM and RW wouldn't go amiss but I don't see many teams better than the following:

De Gea

Darmian Smalling Bailly Shaw

Carrick

Rooney Pogba

Mkhitaryan Martial

Ibrahimovic

I heard £200,000, £220,000, £270,000, £300,000 on Pogba wages, Split/non split in Raiola fee but I thought that came out of the Pogba fee. We have to wait and see until that football leak person does his contract

Also rumours 7mil image rights and clause if he wins Ballon D'Or

Ben C, did you like that stats on Pogba?

you said it right - More than anything completing this transfer makes a very firm statement that Manchester United will get top targets. Bailly, Ibrahimovic, Mkhitaryan and Pogba are all improvements to the first team and arguably (bar Bailly) the best talents around. Pogba and Mkhitaryan were the top rated players in their leagues racking up tonnes of assists and say what you want about the French league but Ibrahimovic's 50+ goals is no small feat.

Interesting to see who going to be taking free kicks now

The stats are encouraging when compared to other midfielders of high quality especially when you consider he performs well on all fronts not just standing out in one.

What is particularly nice to see is the dribbles, assists and goals. We've needed a player to carry the ball out of midfield and produce something and Pogba looks to be just that. Combined with the intelligence of Mkhitaryan, movement of Martial and bad ass-ery of Zlatan I think we've got a very big season ahead. First time in 3 years I think we are genuine title challengers.

Mino Raiola

Mino Raiola – Verified account ‏@MinoRaiola

Journalist = parrots

No deal done between Clubs

Its a game between Italy press and UK press who announce it first and who is worse.

seeing Mino Raiola twice, parrots etc I was wondering what you were saying lol

I see no comment about the stats

Reason accordingly Pogba left is Pogba kept changing agents and when SAF first met Raiola was a fiasco(To SAF was like oil and water) and Raiola integrated himself into Pogba family

I'm having trouble putting which 3 United players into my dream team lol

Mino Raiola

Mino Raiola – Verified account ‏@MinoRaiola

Journalist = parrots

No deal done between Clubs

Its a game between Italy press and UK press who announce it first and who is worse.

Pretty much exactly what Di Marizo said yesterday. Nothing's been signed yet but then important part of that tweet is "who announce first" which implies something is happening just not today.

Let me help you with that. Perhaps Lothar Matthäus, Emile Zola and the Queen of Sheba? 

AniAniAni, what has this got to do with anything, grow up and stop being immature and stick to topic

According to Skysports Schweinsteiger going(retired from internationals), W Keane can go, Rojo according staying - Hope rumour of Moyes buying Fellaini is true

Galatarasay Vs United is tomorrow - lets see who impresses me

seeing Mino Raiola twice, parrots etc I was wondering what you were saying lol

I see no comment about the stats

Reason accordingly Pogba left is Pogba kept changing agents and when SAF first met Raiola was a fiasco(To SAF was like oil and water) and Raiola integrated himself into Pogba family

I'm having trouble putting which 3 United players into my dream team lol

Copy & pasted from Twitter hence double name.

Regarding stats, he was not best on most of them despite playing in a far weaker league. I dont need to comment further, like you said, they don't lie.

That's all wrong and so is Ashtini

Fee - £100mil

Agent - roughly 20% of the deal - £20mil

Contract - I stick to what Ben C says

£100mil + £31.68mil = £131.68mil but United might have add ons/ image rights to add on

CoEzP1iWgAAUIVG.jpg

Stats, they don't lie LOL

But Milner cant compete with the other stats I mentioned

Paddypower are doing a crazy bet when/if Pogba gets unveiled

3/1 to have Red Devils shaved into his head

5/1 to have the letters MUFC

16/1 to have Pokémon

50/1 to have Mourinho or SAF face

But Milner cant compete with the other stats I mentioned

Paddypower are doing a crazy bet when/if Pogba gets unveiled

3/1 to have Red Devils shaved into his head

5/1 to have the letters MUFC

16/1 to have Pokémon

50/1 to have Mourinho or SAF face

I'll give you another Stat, Glenn Whelan Recovered the ball more than Pogba did last season.