Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

As Ashtini said my name, I might as well type

I never said Pogba worth £100mil but that stats I did etc shows he is up their with Modric, Kroos etc. Ashtini if he's not in the top 20 in the world, why were Barcelona, PSG and Real Madrid(strongly) linked with him, That must show something.

As Real Madrid were strongly linked, United needed to put in an offer that would blow away Real Madrid as United has no CL

Also this makes a statement to the other teams in England, Shows United can sign the big players plus Pogba can go down as a Homegrown player

Cvilhete, You beat me to it as I was gonna ask Ashtini that, If Chelsea had a clear path to signing Pogba for £100mil, would you buy?

Like I keep saying, nowadays its Club Power as Clubs will slap crazy money on their stars to keep hold of them

Other news

McNair getting interest from 4 clubs, 2 being Middlesbrough and Celtic

Fellaini to Sunderland

Januzaj accordingly wants to be sold rather than loan

Schweinsteiger has Milan clubs fighting if he lower his wage demands

Roma interested in Darmain

I'm not going into the best player in the world list as I named you 20+ players who are better in the world & 20+ players who where better at the Euros previously in this thread.

Would I want Pogba at Chelsea? Yes. Would I want Chelsea to pay £100m+ for him, hand on heart honestly I would be horrified. 

I truly, truly believe that unless you are buying on of the very best players, as top 4/5 in the world, anything near £100m or more is criminal and sets a scary path for transfer fees in football, in the Premier League specifically.

seriously guys, it'd be hard to start justifying 90% of the transfer fees being paid right about now, if you want a decent young player you're looking at about 30m, you want the better ones out there you're looking at 50m+ that's the market off the top of my head there have only been a few top class players who have gone for reasonable prices,kante,pjanic,mkhitaryan that's just off the top of my head all three have very differing cases but all relatively cheap in comparison to other players who have moved i think the best example is Milik who going to Napoli for about 30m, there are so many different factors when considering the price of the player that you guys clearly don't take into account, if Chelsea went in and paid 100m for Pogba i'd be over the moon

I guess you are right, it's crazy how only a few years back you could guarantee world class for £30/40m and now that buys you young up and comers.

I'm not going into the best player in the world list as I named you 20+ players who are better in the world & 20+ players who where better at the Euros previously in this thread.

Would I want Pogba at Chelsea? Yes. Would I want Chelsea to pay £100m+ for him, hand on heart honestly I would be horrified. 

I truly, truly believe that unless you are buying on of the very best players, as top 4/5 in the world, anything near £100m or more is criminal and sets a scary path for transfer fees in football, in the Premier League specifically.

I think the only way to not think of it as scary is to take into account that Pogba will make money for United and Adidas this strengthening their partnership which will potentially increase the money coming into the PL. So while fees might rise so too hopefully will the levels of funding to all PL clubs. I think out of all the leagues the PL is best equipped for this as we have a bit more money compared to La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A and Ligue 1.

I guess you are right, it's crazy how only a few years back you could guarantee world class for £30/40m and now that buys you young up and comers.

I think the only way to not think of it as scary is to take into account that Pogba will make money for United and Adidas this strengthening their partnership which will potentially increase the money coming into the PL. So while fees might rise so too hopefully will the levels of funding to all PL clubs. I think out of all the leagues the PL is best equipped for this as we have a bit more money compared to La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A and Ligue 1.

Just because the PL is best equipped for it that doesn't make it right or mean it should happen. Could say that about Russia, Isis & WW3 (ott sure)

1 inch isn't a large difference tbh when you're buying a €50m player for €100m.

I don't think height is a problem when United can win PL and be finalist in UCL with a midfield of Fletcher,Anderson and Scholes.

You're intentionally being blind to the fact that side had Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, Berbatov, Evra, Vidic, Ferdinand, Giggs and Van Der Saar... Bore off.

We got there because of an outstanding attack and defence which had plenty of height in it and quality all over.

I know this is pretty random and you can believe it or not - Top 4 biggest net transfer spend since 1992

1. Man City £801mil

2. Chelsea £711mil

3. United £487.5mil

4. Liverpool £381.5mil

What is not to believe here? 

I find it funny about the whole Mourinho/Schweinsteiger situation

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, Stefanovic and some Media(mainly german) are making it so hypocritical, They never stood up for Valdes when LVG made him train with the reserves, their others that had this treatment but no 1 stood up for them

IMO Mourinho wants to sell him asap, not in his plans and I agree that he was a gamble that never paid off

Ibra and Mkhitaryan close to signing for Utd. Both should be done by end of the week. Wow.

Raiola meeting with Juve today reg. Pogba; if I were Pogba, I'd move to Utd (as he has unfinished business there), 3 years and then a big move to Real at 26. Natural progression. Utd would get back their money then.

Still not confident about the deal, but let's see.

Woodward and Mou outdid us all. 

#pogback #POGBOOM

Not a great game of football, but many positives to take from it, starting with the trophy of course.

Bailly voted MOTM, and rightfully so. He was absolutely immense at CB, and whilst there were a few mistakes to be seen, he showed many glimpses of his potential. I was also very impressed with Luke Shaw, who seems to be in very good shape after his long injury absence. Definitely kept Mahrez at bay in the first half, although perhaps a lack of match fitness and some lapses of concentration saw his performance deteriorate in the second. 

Valencia with another assist... Did Mourinho secretly employ a crossing coach by any chance?

The midfield still seems to be a tad shaky, although with the imminent arrival of Pogba, you'd expect that to "reinforced" quite significantly quite soon. Especially Carrick for me was too lacklustre today, unaware at times of what was going around him, and often playing "weird" passes when there was an easier option right next to him. Fellaini was fairly good bar his calamitous back pass.

Moving on to the forward line, and once again a subpar performance by Rooney - too many sideways passes, too many touches on the ball and no real intent on moving forward. It's one of the reasons people were speculating his future as a midfielder, but with Mourinho ensuring him a forward role, I am genuinely worried about his involvement in the months to come. As for the others, most of them had a quiet evening, especially Martial, who I was really hoping to see more from.

As for the big man, well... He might just be one of those attractions where you are, quite frankly, disappointed and bored for about 89 minutes, only for him to produce that one moment of magic to decide the game. And what a header that was - I honestly don't know many footballers who would be able to floor Morgan in the way he did. And as he said, it was by no means a clean header, but it was just about precise enough to beat Schmeicel, and subsequently win United the trophy.

However, with the overall game he [Zlatan] plays, I feel like there is a way in the team for a player of Depay's caliber. He loves playing flick-ons and pass-throughs, and of all the attacking players United have to their disposal right now, Memphis might just be the one who can benefit from that the most. United certainly have an abundance of M's in their forward line now. 

Not a great game of football, but many positives to take from it, starting with the trophy of course.

Bailly voted MOTM, and rightfully so. He was absolutely immense at CB, and whilst there were a few mistakes to be seen, he showed many glimpses of his potential. I was also very impressed with Luke Shaw, who seems to be in very good shape after his long injury absence. Definitely kept Mahrez at bay in the first half, although perhaps a lack of match fitness and some lapses of concentration saw his performance deteriorate in the second. 

Valencia with another assist... Did Mourinho secretly employ a crossing coach by any chance?

The midfield still seems to be a tad shaky, although with the imminent arrival of Pogba, you'd expect that to "reinforced" quite significantly quite soon. Especially Carrick for me was too lacklustre today, unaware at times of what was going around him, and often playing "weird" passes when there was an easier option right next to him. Fellaini was fairly good bar his calamitous back pass.

Moving on to the forward line, and once again a subpar performance by Rooney - too many sideways passes, too many touches on the ball and no real intent on moving forward. It's one of the reasons people were speculating his future as a midfielder, but with Mourinho ensuring him a forward role, I am genuinely worried about his involvement in the months to come. As for the others, most of them had a quiet evening, especially Martial, who I was really hoping to see more from.

As for the big man, well... He might just be one of those attractions where you are, quite frankly, disappointed and bored for about 89 minutes, only for him to produce that one moment of magic to decide the game. And what a header that was - I honestly don't know many footballers who would be able to floor Morgan in the way he did. And as he said, it was by no means a clean header, but it was just about precise enough to beat Schmeicel, and subsequently win United the trophy.

However, with the overall game he [Zlatan] plays, I feel like there is a way in the team for a player of Depay's caliber. He loves playing flick-ons and pass-throughs, and of all the attacking players United have to their disposal right now, Memphis might just be the one who can benefit from that the most. United certainly have an abundance of M's in their forward line now. 

I thought it was a good game of football, even know players are still finding their fitness

I said it once and I say it again, Bailly is like a young Vidic, potential to match or better, was impressed with him even when he lost his boot he still carried on playing, Just need to learn to control himself if on a booking

Just hope from Shaw that he can get away from the injury proneness as he looks full of energy and looks solid player of Southampton days

Midfield was a little leggy at times, Still want Fellaini sold. Pogba soon to for £89-110mil and I hope he has Red Devil or MUFC in his head when unveiled so Ani can support Portsmouth. Mourinho sums up Pogba like I was trying to say - Strong, powerful player who has defensive qualities but also has creative Attacking qualities like a Lampard, Gerrard or a Scholes

Forward Role - Rooney did struggle at times but I don't think Ibra roaming his areas helped, I think United need to get it out wide more often as it was compacted in the middle at times, Interesting Mkhitaryan didn't start and that put doubt in my dream team. Martial was quiet but like the commentators were saying that he needs to overlap/push more forward than Ibra at times as he has pace to burn. Lingard was very lucky, soon he will take the title away from Drogba as Mr Wembley

Ibra didn't do much but out powering Morgan (Even Bailly out powered him to clear a header) to score the winner but as long as he carries on making Defenders overthinking and out of position

I wonder if United could turn to a 4-4-2 as Ibra likes to fall back a lot and that leaves a hole up top, oh well maybe overthinking

Off topic - United has made £20mil atm off of Zlatan coming to United and could make £40mil off Pogba

All hail legend ibra and King MoU. There is only one way for United and that is up up up. Not the best performance but still early days. King ibra has settled in well. Another decent signing and we are well on our was after the messs LVG left us with.

Mourinho could turn out to be our best signing. Hala, glory glory man united.

POGBA IS HOME #POGBACK #POGBOOM

--

Love how the club trolled Sky Sports- MUTV got all the coverage. Utd not paying the agent fee either, which is great. I presume it's linked to Juve wanting Matuidi. Perfect timing for Asian fans too- deal was announced at around 8am where I am :D

Praise Woodward.