Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

The Pogba deal is now 'only' £89m.. Some way off the £100m+ being thrown around last week.

Well to be fair everyone was getting quoted near £100mil, £89mil is great but it could rise to £93mil - quoted by skysports

Think United had the better hand as Juventus already used the money

POGBA IS HOME #POGBACK #POGBOOM

--

Love how the club trolled Sky Sports- MUTV got all the coverage. Utd not paying the agent fee either, which is great. I presume it's linked to Juve wanting Matuidi. Perfect timing for Asian fans too- deal was announced at around 8am where I am :D

Praise Woodward. 

5 year deal and £89mil is great, I wonder if he gets his debut vs Bournemouth

8 goals last 2 seasons from Pogba, hope he can bring that and more

United would of never got Bailly, Mkhitaryan, Ibra or Pogba under Moyes or LVG reign

I'm not praising Woodward, I still don't like Woodward, I think its down to Mourinho, He demanded these players

Usain Bolt last Olympics, He probably beg Mourinho to join United

United done the best in the market - shocked United ain't favourite to the bookies

Not sure why United would be installed as favourites for bringing in 4 players that, whilst make there starting 11 stronger they still fall way short of Chelsea and City in terms of depth in my opinion. I find it laughable at how excited fans are getting over Pogba, a player you should have never let go in the first place and then spend a ridiculous amount bringing him back, who again in my opinion is highly over rated.

Not sure why United would be installed as favourites for bringing in 4 players that, whilst make there starting 11 stronger they still fall way short of Chelsea and City in terms of depth in my opinion. I find it laughable at how excited fans are getting over Pogba, a player you should have never let go in the first place and then spend a ridiculous amount bringing him back, who again in my opinion is highly over rated.

United done the best in the market IMO

Pogba left as Fergie and agent never got on and agent wanted more money

People complain that the best players join Bayern, Madrid or Barce but now under Mourinho, he wants United to attract the best

Well then, Portsmouth here I come.

He has been Unveiled kinda with a gold Red Devil in his head lol

There's no-way you can claim he's overrated well you can but it's utter nonsense overpriced maybe but not overrated and if that honestly is your true opinion I doubt you've seen him play enough to make judgement. You can throw as much stats at me if you want i've seen practically every game on live tv in the UK where he's played but that doesn't mean he'll save United. 

A few days ago it was M.City as favs....

Man City 5/2, Man Utd 10/3 so closing in.

& there it is, the most ridiculous transfer saga of all time is over!

Going to be very interesting on where he fits in to the line-up but time will tell!

Good luck to him, an enigma who needs to improve a lot to justify the fee but it can only be good for PL football.

SSN are so behind its laughable.

Well Uefa doesn't know what going on as they had many calls

Man City says it close to agreement but no word from Everton

SSN was the 1s who found out City added Stones to their 21 man squad otherwise no 1 would of known what going on in this situation

Man City 5/2, Man Utd 10/3 so closing in.

& there it is, the most ridiculous transfer saga of all time is over!

Going to be very interesting on where he fits in to the line-up but time will tell!

Good luck to him, an enigma who needs to improve a lot to justify the fee but it can only be good for PL football.

the Ridiculous saga of all time - Neville to Sky sports pundits lol

Pogba is going to be used as a box to box midfielder as the way Mourinho describes him

Hope with this signing United can attract more top stars

M.City add Stones to CL squad ACCORDING to SSN. :o

I can and I have. As I said it is my opinion and I have seen enough of him in recent years to form such an opinion so please don't use the tiresome "you have likely not seen him play much" retort, so you are one of the football fans who watches every player from every league right? So many of you on here.

People rave about Pogba yet I would much prefer a Modric and a Kroos even more so in my side.I am not saying Pogba is rubbish because he isn't but he is certainly not as fantastic, in my opinion as many people make out.

Well Uefa doesn't know what going on as they had many calls

Man City says it close to agreement but no word from Everton

SSN was the 1s who found out City added Stones to their 21 man squad otherwise no 1 would of known what going on in this situation

the Ridiculous saga of all time - Neville to Sky sports pundits lol

Pogba is going to be used as a box to box midfielder as the way Mourinho describes him

Hope with this signing United can attract more top stars

Stones/City/UEFA was on reddit and twitter hours ago, way before sky got hold of the info.

Box to box doesn't really describe Pogba accurately, which is why I said he needs to improve a lot.

A player we should never of let go yes, but that's behind us now and it's done and dusted, no need to keep Bringing that up, many clubs out there and managers make different sorts of mistakes about players.

We do not fall short of Chelsea nor man city. City are in shambles, over weight and unfit not to mention a overflowing squad with 10 players that play in one position.

Chelsea aren't far behind bough last years best midfielder in kante, but are still sloppy at the back. Up front, they will need another striker. Costa is rubbish. Besides the one they already bought.

Pogba is not worth the money we paid for him no doubt about that. And yes, I would love to of had a Modric in the team over Pogba, Kroos not so much, would rather Pogba over Kroos any day.

All in all we have done good and much better then under LVG. MoU came in and new who he wanted and what he wanted and got it done right away, something we lacked after fergie left. There is only one way for united now and that's up.

Chelsea aren't far behind bough last years best midfielder in kante, but are still sloppy at the back. Up front, they will need another striker. Costa is rubbish. Besides the one they already bought.

A wind-up merchant and a complete nonce? Yes. Rubbish? Absolutely not. Chelsea keeping Costa is the best business they can do, as he is sure to perform under a man-manager like Conte, plus with age leading to market value depreciation, he'll hardly be worth selling for less than what they bought him for. Plus with players like Traoré and Batshuayi in the squad too, they are hardly short of striking options.

A wind-up merchant and a complete nonce? Yes. Rubbish? Absolutely not. Chelsea keeping Costa is the best business they can do, as he is sure to perform under a man-manager like Conte, plus with age leading to market value depreciation, he'll hardly be worth selling for less than what they bought him for. Plus with players like Traoré and Batshuayi in the squad too, they are hardly short of striking options.

I included Batshuayi when I said, "besides the one they bought". Hardley be worth selling? I herd athleti are willing to pay top dollar for him. Would be well worth selling. You would get back nearly all you paid for him if it's true and if athleti did want to buy him back.

A player we should never of let go yes, but that's behind us now and it's done and dusted, no need to keep Bringing that up, many clubs out there and managers make different sorts of mistakes about players.

We do not fall short of Chelsea nor man city. City are in shambles, over weight and unfit not to mention a overflowing squad with 10 players that play in one position.

Pogba is not worth the money we paid for him no doubt about that. And yes, I would love to of had a Modric in the team over Pogba, Kroos not so much, would rather Pogba over Kroos any day.

All in all we have done good and much better then under LVG. MoU came in and new who he wanted and what he wanted and got it done right away, something we lacked after fergie left. There is only one way for united now and that's up.

I don't recall ever once mentioning letting Pogba go so tell me when have I mentioned it before since you said and I quote: "no need to keep bringing that up" so that is a direct question.

Secondly you have brought in Bailly who is not tried at this level so while he is a talent the jury is still out on him. Is Ibra going to find the time and space as he did in France? No is the answer to that so he will never recapture the goal scoring exploits he did at PSG. Mkhitaryan? Great signing and will get goals, a player I rate very highly.

Pogba: premier league is a huge step up than that of Serie A. Not saying he can't do it as he has the qualities to, I have not said he is a bad player either like a previous forumer alluded to, I just don't think he is a good as the hype that surrounds him.

Modric and Kroos have proven there quality in two of the top 3 leagues in the world, Pogba has proven it for THE only team of any note in the 4th best league in Europe and as such still has more to prove. Maybe that is why he rejoined, perhaps he feels he has unfinished business at United.

Chelsea have the players they just had a manager who lost the plot in Mourinho, something you can look forward to. As for City they have far more quality going forward and in Aguero a proven goalscorer if kept fit. United will be closer to a title win than previous seasons but I feel it won't be this season.

I can and I have. As I said it is my opinion and I have seen enough of him in recent years to form such an opinion so please don't use the tiresome "you have likely not seen him play much" retort, so you are one of the football fans who watches every player from every league right? So many of you on here.

People rave about Pogba yet I would much prefer a Modric and a Kroos even more so in my side.I am not saying Pogba is rubbish because he isn't but he is certainly not as fantastic, in my opinion as many people make out.

I watch EVERY Juve game on TV yes and you said he's overatted so you can have your opinions but me and the world think you should revaluate your judgement. I guess Mourinho paid 100 ish mill but Matt says IN HiS Opinion Like it has substance That Pogba is ''Overrated''  So Matt thank-you for the opinion but you're blindly wrong. Tr0Ll!

I watch EVERY Juve game on TV yes and you said he's overatted so you can have your opinions but me and the world think you should revaluate your judgement. I guess Mourinho paid 100 ish mill but Matt says IN HiS Opinion Like it has substance That Pogba is ''Overrated''  So Matt thank-you for the opinion but you're blindly wrong. Tr0Ll!

The whole world? Really? Wow aren't you a popular little girl to have the whole worlds opinion behind you. Clearly not very bright for two reasons.

An opinion is subjective and as such there is no right or wrong answer.

Secondly (and yes this is off topic) you are clearly unable to follow simple instruction, I refer to the EPL predict thread.

Enough said really.

Here a question for people that think Pogba price is crazy, Would you rather have Pogba or Stones + Sterling?

Paddypower in a Manchester store have now created Pogbarbers where you can do have a Pogba hairstyle - I love paddypower

I think the point is that all fees have gone crazy. I know this is to a lesser degree but is Wijnaldum worth 25 million? Sissoko £35 million that my team Newcastle are holding out for? Jordan Ibe what has he done to justify a £15 million price tag?

I had a brief conversation with someone on whatsapp who had said sky are to blame with the amount of funds they are pumping into the Premier League. I also feel the Chinese league have caused a huge increase in prices for paying silly money for a lot of average players. The footballing world has gone mad.

The whole world? Really? Wow aren't you a popular little girl to have the whole worlds opinion behind you. Clearly not very bright for two reasons.

An opinion is subjective and as such there is no right or wrong answer.

Secondly (and yes this is off topic) you are clearly unable to follow simple instruction, I refer to the EPL predict thread.

Enough said really.

Opinions aren't subjective when the comments refer to one of the best players in the world being overatted you're just being silly and ignorant. I'm not going to give you a argument as your just being a Tr0lL. Pogba is not overatted and that is a FACT he's been in form Most of his Juve Career dummy LOL

Opinions aren't subjective when the comments refer to one of the best players in the world being overatted you're just being silly and ignorant. I'm not going to give you a argument as your just being a Tr0lL. Pogba is not overatted and that is a FACT he's been in form Most of his Juve Career dummy LOL

A stand out player in a one team league against poor opposition in the 4th best league constitutes world class does it?

My point is he has a lot to prove and proving it in a bigger and better league will propel him into elitism, like Modric like Kroos. Again you clearly miss my point. I never once said he was a rubbish player just that he was hyped for his consistent performances in a bang average league and his move to Man United, if successful will change my opinion that he will have gone from being a very good player to an elite player. Clearly an opinion you are unable to process and subsequently comprehend. So get back to thrapping yourself silly until you are sore over Pogba in a United shirt.

A stand out player in a one team league against poor opposition in the 4th best league constitutes world class does it?

My point is he has a lot to prove and proving it in a bigger and better league will propel him into elitism, like Modric like Kroos. Again you clearly miss my point. I never once said he was a rubbish player just that he was hyped for his consistent performances in a bang average league and his move to Man United, if successful will change my opinion that he will have gone from being a very good player to an elite player. Clearly an opinion you are unable to process and subsequently comprehend. So get back to thrapping yourself silly until you are sore over Pogba in a United shirt.

i hope no one here is claiming Pogba is world class? great player but still has a lot prove and achieve and not even a top 5 centre mid

Here a question for people that think Pogba price is crazy, Would you rather have Pogba or Stones + Sterling?

Paddypower in a Manchester store have now created Pogbarbers where you can do have a Pogba hairstyle - I love paddypower

Neither, I'd rather have Hummels, Kante, Pjanic, Redmond & Wanyama (give or take some loose change).

I think the point is that all fees have gone crazy. I know this is to a lesser degree but is Wijnaldum worth 25 million? Sissoko £35 million that my team Newcastle are holding out for? Jordan Ibe what has he done to justify a £15 million price tag?

I had a brief conversation with someone on whatsapp who had said sky are to blame with the amount of funds they are pumping into the Premier League. I also feel the Chinese league have caused a huge increase in prices for paying silly money for a lot of average players. The footballing world has gone mad.

It club power nowadays as Clubs want to hold onto he best

Neither, I'd rather have Hummels, Kante, Pjanic, Redmond & Wanyama (give or take some loose change).

I rather have Pogba then all them