Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

18 hours ago, Pip said:

So has Mourinho.

Mourinho had Porto to took them to CL Glory

Had an aging Inter Milan Side and won the treble

17 hours ago, Dannyb01y said:

That performance against City was basically a reality check for some fans. Guardiola outclassed Mourinho on the day, not bad for a manager who had ripped out his teams spine. If that was a LVG team in the first half it would have been ripped to shreds.

Its interesting to see he difference in manager style after the performance - Guardiola defending his player to the hilt ala Fergie and Mourinho criticising his players which didn't help him in his last job...

Meanwhile though LVG is counting his millions in compensation and  Schweiny has been written off for £6.7m and is only listed in the squad due to premier league rules. Not sure he wouldn't have played better than some of the players on show at the weekend.

Not a reality check to me, United fairly should of had a pen in the Bravo/Rooney challenge as he was reckless and could of been more dangerous

I still back Mourinho

12 hours ago, Pip said:

FEYENOORD!

Well done for their offside goal - Decisions going against United atm

People are too much focused on Pogba, leave the guy alone. Martial needs to get his personal life sorted IMO as its affecting his game

Rojo needs to be sold after that game, Bailly and Smalling were good together

55 minutes ago, TalentSearcher said:

Well done for their offside goal - Decisions going against United atm

People are too much focused on Pogba, leave the guy alone. Martial needs to get his personal life sorted IMO as its affecting his game

Rojo needs to be sold after that game, Bailly and Smalling were good together

I see you have fully committed to the Mourinho way of thinking already. #conspiracy.

Why would people leave the most expensive player in the world alone for be awful so far? - If it was MSN, Ronaldo or Bale then fair enough, because they are actually the best players in the world.

36 minutes ago, ashtini said:

I see you have fully committed to the Mourinho way of thinking already. #conspiracy.

Why would people leave the most expensive player in the world alone for be awful so far? - If it was MSN, Ronaldo or Bale then fair enough, because they are actually the best players in the world.

Only 6 games into the season, long road ahead - plus they need to gel and get out of LVG style - the 2 losses so far decisions gone against

Moyes, LVG would never get players like Pogba, Ibra, Bailly and whoever else in the future

You call all of them the best in the world but they are all Goalscorer striker/wingers in a Easy league except few have proven themselves in England. Pogba is a Midfielder, he is there to break up play, hold the ball, use his strength and power, get assist and goals. Since he was linked to United, I stand by its club power that makes the high values as they want to keep their stars.

Also United not Barcelona, hide the true amount of the Neymar transfer which I think is being investigated or Real Madrid that tried to cover up Bale price so it doesn't upset Ronaldo. We haven't got tax invaders in the team or get 2 transfer bans.

1 minute ago, TalentSearcher said:

Only 6 games into the season, long road ahead - plus they need to gel and get out of LVG style - the 2 losses so far decisions gone against

Moyes, LVG would never get players like Pogba, Ibra, Bailly and whoever else in the future

You call all of them the best in the world but they are all Goalscorer striker/wingers in a Easy league except few have proven themselves in England. Pogba is a Midfielder, he is there to break up play, hold the ball, use his strength and power, get assist and goals. Since he was linked to United, I stand by its club power that makes the high values as they want to keep their stars.

& how many assists and goals has he got so far?

All of those named are the best in the world, I can also name you a bucket full of midfielders, defenders, even keepers ahead of Pogba as I have done before.

It's interesting that for France, & Utd, world class managers with top players around him don't know how to get the best out of Pogba, yet in an easy league like Serie A he was used perfectly, makes you think doesn't it? In CM or as a number 10 he has A LOT to learn, that is glaringly obvious - He needs to adapt his game for the club, not the other way around.

#conspiracy

21 minutes ago, ashtini said:

& how many assists and goals has he got so far?

All of those named are the best in the world, I can also name you a bucket full of midfielders, defenders, even keepers ahead of Pogba as I have done before.

It's interesting that for France, & Utd, world class managers with top players around him don't know how to get the best out of Pogba, yet in an easy league like Serie A he was used perfectly, makes you think doesn't it? In CM or as a number 10 he has A LOT to learn, that is glaringly obvious - He needs to adapt his game for the club, not the other way around.

#conspiracy

0 in how many games 5, oh no call the police - 6 is really like 50+ games that he going to play

Pogba is up there as a top midfielder, IMO he doing fine, maybe trying too much but people are going to point him out, There 9 others outfield players on the pitch, he can't be superman and do everything. He trying to assist, trying to score.. Atm Pogba needs to settle in 1 position IMO

He assisted Martial in France vs Italy friendly with 40+ yards pass and assisted Kurzawa

Just now, TalentSearcher said:

0 in how many games 6, oh no call the police - 6 is really like 50+ games that he going to play

Pogba is up there as a top midfielder, IMO he doing fine, maybe trying too much but people are going to point him out, There 9 others outfield players on the pitch, he can't be superman and do everything. He trying to assist, trying to score.. Atm Pogba needs to settle in 1 position IMO

He assisted Martial in France vs Italy friendly with 40+ yards pass

Tbf you should call the police, 1- for the fee being criminal, & 2- for being missing since June.

Long road ahead but certainly not the start Jose, Pogba or the club wanted, at all.

Are you a Manchester United supporter? Check out The United Stand, a brilliant United Youtube Fan Channel. Join thousands of Red Devil fans in the interactive chat room for live match watchalongs and daily shows, share your opinions and have your voice heard on this amazing Man Utd Channel. #MUFC  

This is this week's funny Watford pre match review. Pig Pong, Rooney and Elton John!!!

So under LVG the philosophy was to control possession, this resulted in slow and laboured build up play, no cutting edge at all and it was all very pedestrian and predictable. Under Jose Moronho it is very much the same, the difference is the team is (allegedly) stronger with his acquisitions. What  I saw today, was awful and Pogba is a petulant child who looks way out of his depth. World class my arse.

Now just waiting to see who talentsearcher pins the blame on rather than manning up and admitting the manager and team are to blame.

Certainly been a reality check for some Manchester United fans in the last week. 3 defeats in a row now. I thought Watford deserved that win today and could easily had more, that Ighalo open goal miss at 0-0.

Can't be blaming refereeing decisions for todays defeat that is for sure.

Man United need to find that 3 in the middle and the wingers

Was debateable on the tackle on Martial of Watford 1st

The team still needs to find the balance and play after 3 years of bad management, bad buys etc and that's down to Ed Woodward. The 3 in the middle not sure on their jobs, United still missing that right side winger. I don't think Thursday nights help United which they need to sort out by getting top 4

Fellaini needs to be sold, he a liability and I keep saying that, Pogba keeps being moved around that he needs to settle in 1 role, Rooney been messed about for 3 years that he lost his ways, he to sit in 1 role, Martial needs to get his personal life sorted

I still think Mourinho should of came in when Fergie retired

Shambles 

Could say on the first goal the build-up was a foul on Martial, but then again Watford deserved their opener so can't complain much. No point focusing on the decisions going the wrong way when we anyway are playing badly. De Gea partly at fault for the goal imo.

The second goal came out of nowhere, we conceded to a left-back who hasn't scored in ages and was at Bologna last year. Good finish tho. 

Third goal, what can I say, it's Fellaini. 

3 hours ago, TalentSearcher said:

De Gea; Valencia, Smalling, Bailly, Shaw; Pogba, Fellaini; Rashford, Rooney, Martial; Ibrahimovic.

Finally the starting line up I wanted, now let see what happens

Not the lineup I wanted, I prefer Blind over Smalling any day, a much intelligent footballer and definitely would not have mixed up with de Gea for that Ighalo sitter. 

Why are we playing 4-2-3-1 repeatedly I have no idea

Why is Rooney still playing no idea

Such confusion that Rashford, our best player on form, was shunted from the left to the right and again to the left. Still scored. 

Martial was ineffective again and needs some time out to regain his form. No alternatives though. 

Rooney, slow, holding up the play, ineffective, what else can I say? The 4-3-3 is not working because of him. He is not an RCM.

My team would be this:

De Gea; Valencia, Blind, Bailly, Shaw; Carrick, Ander, Pogba; Rashford, Ibra, Mkhitaryan

Or if not Carrick, push Blind to CDM

You need a calm head and some intelligence on the pitch. This team is far too attack-minded- it's imbalanced. 

Of course, unlike Arsenal fans I don't call for a bunch of sackings and will stick by Mou and the team but this was a shocking show. 2nd half v City was better. Have to wake up for Northampton and Zorya....

--

EDIT: Realised I didn't talk about Pogba. Hit the crossbar, one good tackle, some petulance. Needs time but he isn't getting it. Pressure building up. Mou first has to get rid of Rooney, then play Pogba consistently at one position. 

Edited by Sir Rahul
Paul Pogba.

20 minutes ago, Sir Rahul said:

Of course, unlike Arsenal fans I don't call for a bunch of sackings and will stick by Mou and the team but this was a shocking show. 2nd half v City was better. Have to wake up for Northampton and Zorya....

Put up with a decade of mediocrity and see how you feel.

I have to say De Brune is looking awesome at the moment, not sure where Mourinho went wrong with him.