Jump to content
Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Allan-NI said:

Man United are awful. Not a top 4 side at all. For all the money we've spent we look average at best.

I don't know what we are doing in training but if can't be anywhere near what we  are doing on the pitch or half the team wouldn't be getting picked. Man City might not train tackling but we don't train shooting.

Zlatan has scored loads granted - but he's a liability he gets caught offside and give away fouls far too often and its hurting our attacking play.

Can you say City(with their defence +Bravo), Arsenal(Being Arsenal), Liverpool(same reason as City +Keepers) are a top 4 side? my answer is no

You might say that but I find United are unlucky and that refs ain't giving the right decisions. Still many games to go, Mourinho does need time.

Zlatan like to play on the shoulder at times but he can do silly fouls, agreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TalentSearcher said:

Can you say City(with their defence +Bravo), Arsenal(Being Arsenal), Liverpool(same reason as City +Keepers) are a top 4 side? my answer is no

You might say that but I find United are unlucky and that refs ain't giving the right decisions. Still many games to go, Mourinho does need time.

Zlatan like to play on the shoulder at times but he can do silly fouls, agreed

all these teams have been playing better than Utd hence why they are above them, all you do is complain about refs when the actual problem is that you're not playing good enough, too wasteful in front of goal and way too slow in the build up play, i didn't see you complaining when the ref wrongfully sent off Feghouli, or when clear offside goals are being given your favour, drop the nonsense and face the fact that its not been good enough!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Cvilhete said:

all these teams have been playing better than Utd hence why they are above them, all you do is complain about refs when the actual problem is that you're not playing good enough, too wasteful in front of goal and way too slow in the build up play, i didn't see you complaining when the ref wrongfully sent off Feghouli, or when clear offside goals are being given your favour, drop the nonsense and face the fact that its not been good enough!

In that West Ham game, I know Feghouli shouldn't of been sent off but If I remember right I think Kouyante did a 2 footed challenge and got nothing, anyway that ref in the game was making so many errors. I did admit to the 2 Rojo challenges that should of seen red. About Offside goals, they happen in games and normally hard to spot.

United are playing well enough IMO, just decisions/ poor refereeing - Bravo tackle on Rooney(cost United at least a point), Feyenoord assister being obviously offside, Tackle on Martial in Watford game(who knows what score could of been), Montrel foul on Valencia in Arsenal game(Cost United 2 points), Zlatan goal vs Middlesbrough, Hull Penalty

United mistakes cost United 6 points - Stoke, Everton and Liverpool game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get your head out of your ass Talentsearcher. Every team has decisions for and against them. If a team scores a goal while being offside vs Utd it's a decision against Utd & a conspiracy but if Utd score an offside goal it's 'happens in games and are normally hard to spot'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my my, this thread & talentsearcher, still incredibly entertaining

Jose, lost his touch, he is washed out. 

Its a joke keeping going on about 'luck' for years you had 'Fergie time' mate, mythological extra minutes that would come out of nowhere

Besides - you create your own luck. You also create so many chances but the conversion rate is appauling. So wasteful in front of goal. Thats not down to luck.

Granted, this is one of the worst seasons for refereeing i can remember, but thats across the whole league!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jose will be fine in my opinion. You can't write him off after one season, surely? Are people really still doing that whole childish knee jerk reaction thing? Utd had a bad start, they've been on a great run recently. So they drew against Hull and are now rubbish? Come off it. As for Fergie time, that's proven to be a myth. For starters, however many extra minutes there are in stoppage time, BOTH teams are still allowed to play football/score goals, not just Utd! Here are the stats (from Sky Sports, February 2016) about stoppage time winners:

Premier League games won with injury-time goals

Team Games won
Liverpool 27
Arsenal 21
Chelsea 20
Everton 19
Manchester United 17
Newcastle United 17
Tottenham 17

 

The only team looking like the finished article right now are Chelsea (and no, I'm not a Chelsea fan, just a realistic neutral). So by that reckoning, if Jose's "washed out" then so are Pep, Klopp, Poch, Wenger and pretty much everyone else.

(P.S. apologies for any spelling or grammar mistakes in this post ;) )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Kev said:

Jose will be fine in my opinion. You can't write him off after one season, surely? Are people really still doing that whole childish knee jerk reaction thing? Utd had a bad start, they've been on a great run recently. So they drew against Hull and are now rubbish? Come off it. As for Fergie time, that's proven to be a myth. For starters, however many extra minutes there are in stoppage time, BOTH teams are still allowed to play football/score goals, not just Utd! Here are the stats (from Sky Sports, February 2016) about stoppage time winners:

Premier League games won with injury-time goals

Team Games won
Liverpool 27
Arsenal 21
Chelsea 20
Everton 19
Manchester United 17
Newcastle United 17
Tottenham 17

 

The only team looking like the finished article right now are Chelsea (and no, I'm not a Chelsea fan, just a realistic neutral). So by that reckoning, if Jose's "washed out" then so are Pep, Klopp, Poch, Wenger and pretty much everyone else.

(P.S. apologies for any spelling or grammar mistakes in this post ;) )

Chelsea does but next year the test with European Football, see if that the real reason they are running away with the league

On ‎02‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 8:24 PM, ashtini said:

Get your head out of your ass Talentsearcher. Every team has decisions for and against them. If a team scores a goal while being offside vs Utd it's a decision against Utd & a conspiracy but if Utd score an offside goal it's 'happens in games and are normally hard to spot'.

I think you find that United has had most decisions that have gone against United, I haven't seen a decision go against Chelsea. I can only think of 4 decisions gone for United (Herrera/stoke, Rojo 2 reds, WHU red) and about 8+ gone against and the against have cost United badly (Bravo tackle, Herrera red slip, Martial/Watford, Feyenoord, Montrel foul, Zlatan goal, Hull Pen, Niasse no red)

10 hours ago, -JMH- said:

my my, this thread & talentsearcher, still incredibly entertaining

Jose, lost his touch, he is washed out. 

Its a joke keeping going on about 'luck' for years you had 'Fergie time' mate, mythological extra minutes that would come out of nowhere

Besides - you create your own luck. You also create so many chances but the conversion rate is appauling. So wasteful in front of goal. Thats not down to luck.

Granted, this is one of the worst seasons for refereeing i can remember, but thats across the whole league!

 

JMH - United never had extra minutes going on, If you talking about the 4-3 City game that time, I can explain the extra time. 4 min added on time +1 min of Bellamy celebrating goal + 30 secs Carrick sub +1min delay as fan on pitch

Jose hasn't lost his touch, it the decisions.

That was proven by Klopp midweek shouting in the face of the 4th official, what did he get? nothing, If that was Mourinho, probably a stadium ban. The 4th official said he liked Klopp Passion whereas Mourinho gets told to sit down or go to the stands. Bottle incident as well, he gets a stadium ban but when Wenger did it in 2009, he got nothing. Pep sarcasm clapping and press conference after Chelsea game, Mourinho got fined in 2014 about press conference about refs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TalentSearcher said:

I think you find that United has had most decisions that have gone against United, I haven't seen a decision go against Chelsea. I can only think of 4 decisions gone for United (Herrera/stoke, Rojo 2 reds, WHU red) and about 8+ gone against and the against have cost United badly (Bravo tackle, Herrera red slip, Martial/Watford, Feyenoord, Montrel foul, Zlatan goal, Hull Pen, Niasse no red)

But both Zlatan and Mkhitaryan have scored goals that were offside and still stood, that's just 2 off the top of my head. Utd's problem is that they're not finishing off games and ending up with draws, it's not really with the officials. They probably deserve more points than they have, several games they've dominated but not won. They should still get top 4, but I don't really think it's simply the lack of European football that's meaning Chelsea are doing so well. the last European games were 2 months ago and they've only extended their lead since other teams stopped playing European games!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Kev said:

But both Zlatan and Mkhitaryan have scored goals that were offside and still stood, that's just 2 off the top of my head. Utd's problem is that they're not finishing off games and ending up with draws, it's not really with the officials. They probably deserve more points than they have, several games they've dominated but not won. They should still get top 4, but I don't really think it's simply the lack of European football that's meaning Chelsea are doing so well. the last European games were 2 months ago and they've only extended their lead since other teams stopped playing European games!

Offside goals decision are hard to spot until they are miles offside, Mkhitaryan goal was offside but It was hard to spot in real time. Most Decision which I mentioned, are easy to spot and cost United points, United should have at least 5+ points extra and maybe 11 if United didn't do mistakes in Liverpool, Everton, Stoke games.

Conversion rate is poor but that isn't the whole story

I think it is European Football that affected other sides except Chelsea and Liverpool. Chelsea and spurs has a stable team atm, City- Aging and poor Def and Bravo, Arsenal - Bottlers, Liverpool- Awful Def, Keepers plus no main goal scorer, United- Stronger Def, More goals

Other news - Papers are saying Rooney, Young, Fellaini out and Greizmann, Semedo in, IMO I like to see them sold but also Darmain, Schweinsteiger, still Rojo. I like to see a stable player at LB, new Carrick player, Strong CB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TalentSearcher said:

Offside goals decision are hard to spot until they are miles offside, Mkhitaryan goal was offside but It was hard to spot in real time

Not really - for every one that the officials get wrong they probably get 10 correct - a lot of which are closer than Mkhitaryan's goal. But either way, they're decisions that went FOR Utd (which was the point of the conversation). If it had been the other way round the Jose would be then first to complain that the goal was offside!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kev said:

Not really - for every one that the officials get wrong they probably get 10 correct - a lot of which are closer than Mkhitaryan's goal. But either way, they're decisions that went FOR Utd (which was the point of the conversation). If it had been the other way round the Jose would be then first to complain that the goal was offside!

Sometimes players are called offside when they are onside - Hard to spot at times

Chelsea Alonso scored that goal today. If that was Ibra or any other United player, It would of been disallowed, that's how decisions are going against United

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TalentSearcher said:

Sometimes players are called offside when they are onside - Hard to spot at times

Chelsea Alonso scored that goal today. If that was Ibra or any other United player, It would of been disallowed, that's how decisions are going against United

Not every offside decision is perfect, no, but as a rule linesmen do almost impossibly well without slow motion replays (or any replays at all) and the majority of decisions are correct when it comes to offside.

As for the Alonso goal - I've seen it and seen/heard various ex-players and pundits talking about it for the last few hours. Many are saying it wasn't as foul, and I certainly don't think it was deliberate. I very much doubt the decision would have gone the other way for a United player. If refs are picking on United then how come Herrera got away with two clear red card challenges? Try to be objective about things, we're not in the school playground!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Kev said:

Not every offside decision is perfect, no, but as a rule linesmen do almost impossibly well without slow motion replays (or any replays at all) and the majority of decisions are correct when it comes to offside.

As for the Alonso goal - I've seen it and seen/heard various ex-players and pundits talking about it for the last few hours. Many are saying it wasn't as foul, and I certainly don't think it was deliberate. I very much doubt the decision would have gone the other way for a United player. If refs are picking on United then how come Herrera got away with two clear red card challenges? Try to be objective about things, we're not in the school playground!

Like I been saying offside are hard to spot but decisions aren't

With the decisions going against United this season atm, Imo they would of disallowed if it was United. I only remember Herrera getting away with 1 red card vs Stoke, when was the other? He got second yellow for accidentally slipping in a game as well which was harsh decision. I only remember Rojo getting away with 2 reds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TalentSearcher said:

Like I been saying offside are hard to spot but decisions aren't

With the decisions going against United this season atm, Imo they would of disallowed if it was United. I only remember Herrera getting away with 1 red card vs Stoke, when was the other? He got second yellow for accidentally slipping in a game as well which was harsh decision. I only remember Rojo getting away with 2 reds

I meant Rojo - apologies. Herrera did only get away with one. But that's three certain reds they've got away with between them so far this season. Which you have to admit means Utd have been quite lucky...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Kev said:

I meant Rojo - apologies. Herrera did only get away with one. But that's three certain reds they've got away with between them so far this season. Which you have to admit means Utd have been quite lucky...

More has gone against

Good win today - never play a 4-4-2

Ibra broke another record which he might not like - Oldest player to hit 15 goal in the league in 1 season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TalentSearcher said:

More has gone against

Good win today - never play a 4-4-2

Ibra broke another record which he might not like - Oldest player to hit 15 goal in the league in 1 season

And the biggest refereeing decision today went in United's favour! Really not sure why you think so much goes against them. Is it just because Mourinho keeps saying that? If so, then he's been doing the exact same thing for his whole career. Blaming luck or officials deflects blame from his players - it's an old trick of his that everyone knows about now. It'd be interested to hear where you get the stats for decisions from. If you want to know why United aren't higher in the league this season, then you only need to look at the fact that (before today's game) they've had 137 shots on target (http://www.footcharts.co.uk/index.cfm?task=basics_shotsontarget) which is third highest in the league, and only scored 33 of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kev said:

And the biggest refereeing decision today went in United's favour! Really not sure why you think so much goes against them. Is it just because Mourinho keeps saying that? If so, then he's been doing the exact same thing for his whole career. Blaming luck or officials deflects blame from his players - it's an old trick of his that everyone knows about now. It'd be interested to hear where you get the stats for decisions from. If you want to know why United aren't higher in the league this season, then you only need to look at the fact that (before today's game) they've had 137 shots on target (http://www.footcharts.co.uk/index.cfm?task=basics_shotsontarget) which is third highest in the league, and only scored 33 of them.

I thought today decisions were fair. Players who got booked, deserved bookings. I watch all United games, all them decisions has cost United points here and there.

Not the conversion, its the key decisions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ashtini said:

Of course you do, you moronic hypocrite.

 

Can not be titsed to read all the post since last being on but this post sums up the last two pages, cracked me up!

 

True fans actually see flaws in their team, own up to them and want improvement. Not just make excuse after excuse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sir Rahul said:

Didn't watch the game but looks like United had a good one. Mata lucky to have stayed on the field.

Genuinely concerned by Shaw and Martial's future though.

Mata foul was just a booking, otherwise all late challenge are gonna end up as red cards and no 1 goes on about Vardy/Bailley kicking

1st 20minutes were bad as United played a 4-4-2, after Mourinho changed it United had control

It is interesting to see what happens with Shaw and Martial. Both still young, Shaw needs to find his old form before his injury if that is even possible. Martial is a different situation as he had Personal issues which were made public, agent hasn't helped, His attitude isn't helping and the last main problem is Rashford, Mkhitaryan and Mata are performing more consistently atm - Accordingly Martial has rubbish reports

Hope Hull can do United another favour next weekend

Mourinho Is turning United around, shame he wasn't their 3 years ago like I wanted. Summer will be interesting

Soon a player to watch is Angel Gomes - some1 used to talk about how useless United U-18 were - Unbeaten in 13 games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man Utd quarterly profits is £37.6mil - United say they are on track to record their highest Revenue of the season

Debt has gone up 27% to £409.2mil - United say that is down to weak pound against the dollar following brexit

If United win trophies and get CL football back profits will massively increase

Ed Woodward accordingly has told Mourinho that he will be able to splash the cash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...