Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

2 minutes ago, Sir Rahul said:

Thank you!

Agreed

Do you think Pereira has a genuine future at Man Utd then? Or is it a bit like James Wilson going to Brighton and knocking a few goals in and everyone saying we should have kept him for the season (not quite sure he's Utd class yet at all - we'll see after his injury I suppose. Hope he recovers OK.) Is doing well at Granada a realistic benchmark for a top PL club?

45 minutes ago, Kev said:

Do you think Pereira has a genuine future at Man Utd then? Or is it a bit like James Wilson going to Brighton and knocking a few goals in and everyone saying we should have kept him for the season (not quite sure he's Utd class yet at all - we'll see after his injury I suppose. Hope he recovers OK.) Is doing well at Granada a realistic benchmark for a top PL club?

Big fan of Andreas- think he may stick around the squad next season. People only said we should have kept Wilson because of the injury crisis last season- personally don't think he should stay at United post season, maybe sell with a buy back clause or something.

3 hours ago, Kierans91 said:

You really do amuse me :lol: He's been a manager for over 10/15 years and you've named 3 players, Mourinho doesn't trust young players and I just hope after yesterday's display that he gives Rashford and Lingard a run games together in the team, They could be the next Yorke and Cole :lol:

Also Fosu Mensah has played 2 games this season coming on in the 90th minute, played 8 games last season under Van Gaal. That's all I need to say on that matter.

Did you read the article??? He given 49 youth players

IMO Rashford is great, just needs to work on his finishing and he be the perfect striker, Martial needs to do 2 thing (which I think Mourinho drops him at times) that is to make runs off the ball more, he less takes on players and to me Lingard can be the frustrating 1 out of the 3, He's hit n miss, doesn't stick to the right side when played there and moves into others spaces.

I like Mbappe at United as he knows where the goal is and has a bright future, I see he likes the Left side more than right but can play right. He loves scoring vs City. I think United still needs a player who sticks to the right side, If its Mbappe or not

51 minutes ago, Sir Rahul said:

Big fan of Andreas- think he may stick around the squad next season. People only said we should have kept Wilson because of the injury crisis last season- personally don't think he should stay at United post season, maybe sell with a buy back clause or something.

Yeah, I'd go along with all that. Hernandez was the one we should have kept at the club! Thing with Pereira is that he's 21 now and will want first team football. Can't see him getting much at Utd next year.

4 hours ago, TalentSearcher said:

IMO Rashford is great, just needs to work on his finishing and he be the perfect striker, Martial needs to do 2 thing (which I think Mourinho drops him at times) that is to make runs off the ball more, he less takes on players and to me Lingard can be the frustrating 1 out of the 3, He's hit n miss, doesn't stick to the right side when played there and moves into others spaces.

I like Mbappe at United as he knows where the goal is and has a bright future, I see he likes the Left side more than right but can play right. He loves scoring vs City. I think United still needs a player who sticks to the right side, If its Mbappe or not

Yeah I did, I'm just stating the fact you only named 3 players, Rashford, Fosu Mensah who rarely plays but you think Mourinho has blooded him into the first team and Balotelli.

10 hours ago, TalentSearcher said:

49 players but how many are really significant?

9 hours ago, Kev said:

Yeah, I'd go along with all that. Hernandez was the one we should have kept at the club! Thing with Pereira is that he's 21 now and will want first team football. Can't see him getting much at Utd next year.

Not surprised if Hernandez returns

Agree on Andreas

you have moan about Mourinho and his youth production but not any other managers

He promoted Ricardo Costa from academy, Carlos Alberto had his chances in 2004 for Porto

1st time at Chelsea- Robben(glass knees), Mikel, L Dairra, Cech - Before you say they were brought in, they still had their debut at young age under Mourinho and were 1st team

Inter - Santon, Balotelli

R Madrid - Casemiro, Jese, Morata, Nacho, Adan, Fabinho, Varane

Chelsea - Zouma, B.Troare, Loftus-Cheeks, Van Ginkel

United - J.Pereira, Tuanzebe

There are a few significant players Mourinho given debuts to at young age

Mourino said United never should of sold Hernandez, Di Maria or Welbeck, I agree on the first 2. Hernandez does have friends at United still like De Gea so who knows. Andreas, he wants game time but I don't think he has improved as a player. I like to see Angel Gomes get promoted.

4 minutes ago, TalentSearcher said:

you have moan about Mourinho and his youth production but not any other managers

He promoted Ricardo Costa from academy, Carlos Alberto had his chances in 2004 for Porto

1st time at Chelsea- Robben(glass knees), Mikel, L Dairra, Cech - Before you say they were brought in, they still had their debut at young age under Mourinho and were 1st team

Inter - Santon, Balotelli

R Madrid - Casemiro, Jese, Morata, Nacho, Adan, Fabinho, Varane

Chelsea - Zouma, B.Troare, Loftus-Cheeks, Van Ginkel

United - J.Pereira, Tuanzebe

There are a few significant players Mourinho given debuts to at young age

Mourino said United never should of sold Hernandez, Di Maria or Welbeck, I agree on the first 2. Hernandez does have friends at United still like De Gea so who knows. Andreas, he wants game time but I don't think he has improved as a player. I like to see Angel Gomes get promoted.

:lol: I'd forgotten that Joel Pereira was getting regular game time at United this season. And Tuanzebe has been a rock at the heart of our defense these past few months! If he wanted to give youth a chance then we wouldn't have had Ashley Young at right back in some games this season when we've got defenders like Tuanzebe, Fosu-Mensah, Borthwick-Jackson or even Regan Poole waiting in the wings, all of whom are highly rated. Bailly, Smalling, Jones, Valencia, Darmian... all can play right back to make room for younger players who play centrally. 

How many of those listed were little known youth team products who were given serious minutes by Jose? With the possible exception of Zouma, those Chelsea players didn't rack up many games under Mourinho - and Zouma got his chance in part because of injuries.

Angel Gomes needs more time in the reserves yet. Far too early for him.

I know TalentSearcher doesn't like to let actual facts get in the way of his opinions, but here's an interesting piece. This is an article directly quoted from dreamteamfc.com's Matt Elliot:

At his press conference yesterday, Jose Mourinho leapt to his own defence regarding the main criticism levelled at him.

The new Man United gaffer rejected the notion that he doesn’t give youth a chance as ‘one lie repeated many times’.

He even produced a list of the 55 players he has promoted from academies throughout his managerial career.

Only there’s a few problems…

For a start, 23 of the 49 made only one appearance under Mourinho with a further ten only playing twice for the Portuguese boss.

Hardly giving them a proper go, is it?

Then there’s the inclusion of: Arjen Robben, John Obi Mikel, Lassana Diarra, Marko Arnautovic, Raphael Varane and Kurt Zouma.

Included on the basis that they played for Mourinho under the age of 21.

But most the players in question were established talents prior to Mourinho’s guidance.

Robben joined Chelsea for £12million in 2004 having already made his debut for Netherlands and met with Alex Ferguson over a possible move to Man United.

Hardly putting your balls on the line with that one, Jose.

Carlos Alberto was also named by Mourinho despite the playmaker having made 43 appearances for Fluminense and four caps for Brazil before joining Porto in 2004.

He did genuinely give Alvaro Morata his first opportunity with the Real Madrid first team.

Before demoting him to the B team and advising him to ‘grow up’.

Even the enigmatic Mario Balotelli got a mention.

The fact that he started at Lumezzane and was given his Inter debut by Roberto Mancini seemed to be overlooked by The Special One.

Using Mourinho’s methodology he will be able to claim Marcus Rashford as his own find before long.

When you look at it then, Mourinho’s defence is full of holes.

Something we rarely expect of his back fours.

Nice try, Jose.

But we’re not buying it.

Sorry to bang on, but I do like to back up my arguments with stats and facts if I can....

• The Portuguese has given first-team opportunities in the league to only 23 academy players during his 15 years of management

Jose Mourinho's abysmal record in promoting youth players is exposed as Sportsmail reveals that he has handed just five starts to Chelsea academy starlets

Jose Mourinho has handed only five starts to Chelsea academy players in his five years at Stamford Bridge, in damning statistics that can be revealed by Sportsmail.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Nathan Ake, Sam Hutchinson, Andreas Christensen and Lenny Pidgeley are the only youth products to be given the chance to start a game for the first team under the Portuguese.

At a time when it is growing harder than ever for young British players to break through at top Premier League clubs, one of the league's leading managers has an abysmal record of handing out opportunities to youngsters.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3317277/Jose-Mourinho-s-abysmal-record-promoting-youth-players-exposed-Sportsmail-reveals-handed-just-five-starts-Chelsea-academy-starlets.html

Post all Media rubbish like dailymail etc, you know they like making story to sell papers. He does give youth/youngers the chance. What has Conte, Pep etc done? - I could pull media stuff from talksport etc

These are facts below for Kev

Robben play 18 league matches(29 total) in his debut season, Cech made 48 games total, Balotelli had 40 games, Santon had 18 games, L Diarra had 7 games followed by 23 next year, Mikel had 42 games in his debut season, Sergio Canales had 15 games, Morata and Nacho didn't get much game time but they were given more following seasons, Varane was given 15 games, Jese didn't get much on his debut season but following season 31 games. Loftus Cheek was given 4 games then 17 following season.

I could even add Drogba to list as he was unknown until he arrived even know he was 25

Mourinho has his ways of promoting his players, He has made some as world stars and other turned to flops but that happens to all managers. Everyone like to hit out at Mourinho either with his youth, tactics, how long he stays at clubs etc but I said I don't see people blasting other managers in Mourinho way.

2 hours ago, ashtini said:

I'm not sure why people even bother with notalentsearcher anymore 

I can't stand utter nonsense. I'm a fan of Utd and Mourinho, but this guy is just ridiculous.

10 minutes ago, TalentSearcher said:

Robben play 18 league matches(29 total) in his debut season, Cech made 48 games total, Balotelli had 40 games, Santon had 18 games, L Diarra had 7 games followed by 23 next year, Mikel had 42 games in his debut season, Sergio Canales had 15 games, Morata and Nacho didn't get much game time but they were given more following seasons, Varane was given 15 games, Jese didn't get much on his debut season but following season 31 games. Loftus Cheek was given 4 games then 17 following season.

I could even add Drogba to list as he was unknown until he arrived even know he was 25

This is a joke, right? Am I being fooled by a parody account or something?

Established names like Robben and Cech who were BOTH ALREADY INTERNATIONAL PLAYERS?

Balotelli who was ALREADY PLAYING for Inter under Roberto Mancini the season before?

And a 25 year-old Drogba who'd played OVER 150 GAMES as a professional and was also an international player?

THAT is what you call giving youth a chance? Come off it, you can't be serious, surely?

52 minutes ago, Kev said:

I can't stand utter nonsense. I'm a fan of Utd and Mourinho, but this guy is just ridiculous.

This is a joke, right? Am I being fooled by a parody account or something?

Established names like Robben and Cech who were BOTH ALREADY INTERNATIONAL PLAYERS?

Balotelli who was ALREADY PLAYING for Inter under Roberto Mancini the season before?

And a 25 year-old Drogba who'd played OVER 150 GAMES as a professional and was also an international player?

THAT is what you call giving youth a chance? Come off it, you can't be serious, surely?

You have 1 opinion but I have another

Robben and Cech wasn't established names, they were still young and had potential which Mourinho let them shine, With your logic Lukaku at 16 was an established name as he was an international player?

What I was saying about Balotelli, Mancini did give him 15 games or so but Mourinho then gave him double that at the age of 18, giving youth a chance? and him and Mourinho had fall outs

About Drogba, He played 170 + games and Internationally only played 4 games, was an average player IMO. When he moved to Chelsea, he was a beast, he was Mr Wembley

1 minute ago, TalentSearcher said:

You have 1 opinion but I have another

Robben and Cech wasn't established names, they were still young and had potential which Mourinho let them shine, With your logic Lukaku at 16 was an established name as he was an international player?

What I was saying about Balotelli, Mancini did give him 15 games or so but Mourinho then gave him double that at the age of 18, giving youth a chance? and him and Mourinho had fall outs

About Drogba, He played 170 + games and Internationally only played 4 games, was an average player IMO. When he moved to Chelsea, he was a beast, he was Mr Wembley

Not opinions, facts.

Lukaku had played over 100 professional games and won the Belgian league before he signed for Chelsea. That can no way count as uncovering young talent. If it does then please explain how, because the whole of Europe knew about the guy. It wasn't some secret.

And it wasn't even Mourinho that signed him so bringing him up here is pointless! In fact, MOURINHO GOT RID OF HIM! So much for giving young talent (even established, title-winning internationals) a chance!

Is it really your opinion that title-winning international footballers are not established is any way?

Whoever signs Mbappe this summer (if he moves) won't have discovered an unknown talent - he's young but already established and has represented his country - half of Europe want him.

11 minutes ago, Kev said:

Not opinions, facts.

Lukaku had played over 100 professional games and won the Belgian league before he signed for Chelsea. That can no way count as uncovering young talent. If it does then please explain how, because the whole of Europe knew about the guy. It wasn't some secret.

And it wasn't even Mourinho that signed him so bringing him up here is pointless! In fact, MOURINHO GOT RID OF HIM! So much for giving young talent (even established, title-winning internationals) a chance!

Is it really your opinion that title-winning international footballers are not established is any way?

Whoever signs Mbappe this summer (if he moves) won't have discovered an unknown talent - he's young but already established and has represented his country - half of Europe want him.

Are you that stupid that you can't read - You said Robben and Cech were established names as they were international players, so I'm saying with your Logic that Lukaku was an Established name at 16 - I'm not saying Mourinho uncovered his talent or anything like that, READ WHAT I SAY INSTEAD OF TWISTING THINGS TO THE WAY YOU LIKE IT

Mbappe isn't an established name, he young and full of potential

Establshed name are world star like Ronaldo, Messi, Suarez, Pogba - Player who have been around for years

15 minutes ago, TalentSearcher said:

Are you that stupid that you can't read - You said Robben and Cech were established names as they were international players, so I'm saying with your Logic that Lukaku was an Established name at 16 - I'm not saying Mourinho uncovered his talent or anything like that, READ WHAT I SAY INSTEAD OF TWISTING THINGS TO THE WAY YOU LIKE IT

Mbappe isn't an established name, he young and full of potential

Establshed name are world star like Ronaldo, Messi, Suarez, Pogba

Yes I can read what you say perfectly! I've twisted nothing!

So... only the top few biggest names in the world are established? What does it take to be established then? A world cup win? Ballon d'or?

Would Jesse Lingard be established? Because if you're telling me he's an unknown youngster (aged 24!) then you're having a laugh! His total senior games (including for England)? Less than 130. 

Compare that to these guys who had apparently done nothing before Jose finally gave them a kick of the ball (yes I'm being sarcastic):

Robben - over 130 senior professional games, international player, Dutch league title to his name. NOT AN UNDISCOVERED YOUTH!

Cech - over 150 senior professional games, international player. NOT AN UNDISCOVERED YOUTH.

Both more experienced when they signed for Chelsea than Lingard is now.

If you want an example of giving youth a chance then look at Harry Winks at Spurs. Came through the youth academy, got a couple of games last season and has now become a regular.

4 minutes ago, Kev said:

Yes I can read what you say perfectly! I've twisted nothing!

So... only the top few biggest names in the world are established? What does it take to be established then? A world cup win? Ballon d'or?

Would Jesse Lingard be established? Because if you're telling me he's an unknown youngster (aged 24!) then you're having a laugh! His total senior games (including for England)? Less than 130. 

Compare that to these guys who had apparently done nothing before Jose finally gave them a kick of the ball (yes I'm being sarcastic):

Robben - over 130 senior professional games, international player, Dutch league title to his name. NOT AN UNDISCOVERED YOUTH!

Cech - over 150 senior professional games, international player. NOT AN UNDISCOVERED YOUTH.

Both more experienced when they signed for Chelsea than Lingard is now.

If you want an example of giving youth a chance then look at Harry Winks at Spurs. Came through the youth academy, got a couple of games last season and has now become a regular.

Dictionary - Established - Done something for a long time and therefore recognised and accepted

Players to be established are players who been around the block, don't have the label as having potential to become class/world star etc, hard to put an age on it as some freaks do establish very early but to most it's not players under 22

IMO Lingard is establish as an frustrating, hit n miss, workhorse winger, Like Neville said few weeks back which I agree with about Barkley, that people need to stop labelling him as potential as he's 23 as he been playing a long time

Robben and Cech has played over 100 games before joining Chelsea at the age of 20 and 22. Robben still needs to establish himself as a winger and it was rare back in 2004 to find a young keeper with Cech potential. Look at the clubs they were playing for, big step up from playing for PSV to Chelsea at that age.

I did give you many examples -

Balotelli - 15 games under Mancini and Mourinho gave him double that following season

Loftus-Cheek - 7 games or so then 17 following season even know he was sacked so we Never know how much he would of got

Also did Jese, Morata etc

OK, over 100 professional games isn't established then. Bobby Charlton, David Beckham, Iker Casillas, Buffon... none of them were established international players because 100-odd games isn't enough. 

But 7 (I think it was actually 4 in the first season, but whatever...) for Loftus-Cheek is...

How does this relate to or signify Mourinho giving youth a chance exactly?!

head-desk-bartlett-2.gif

18 minutes ago, Kev said:

OK, over 100 professional games isn't established then. Bobby Charlton, David Beckham, Iker Casillas, Buffon... none of them were established international players because 100-odd games isn't enough. 

But 7 (I think it was actually 4 in the first season, but whatever...) for Loftus-Cheek is...

head-desk-bartlett-2.gif

Don't bother...

Just now, AniAniAni said:

Don't bother...

No, I'll stop now. The point of the debate was for him to persuade me that Mourinho gives youth a chance. Buying young (ish), experienced full internationals like Robben, Cech and Drogba doesn't count. In fact it's laughable. The guy's either a wind up or actually insane.

29 minutes ago, Kev said:

you logic is a joke

Robben was 20, Cech was 22 - Did Robben know the whole game at the age of 20? no, same with Cech. Have you ever heard of people saying this guy has potential? mean he isn't established yet. Idk why you keep bring international into it as they each only had 4 ish senior games internationally before moving to Chelsea.

Here an example - Tielemans, 19 yrs old played 177 games, He has potential to be a top Midfielder but he isn't established as he still learning the game, Belguim league isn't the biggest test, He need few years at a higher league to establish himself

Ok Loftus cheek had 4 games, but then more following season when Mourinho ws sacked

7 minutes ago, Kev said:

No, I'll stop now. The point of the debate was for him to persuade me that Mourinho gives youth a chance. Buying young (ish), experienced full internationals like Robben, Cech and Drogba doesn't count. In fact it's laughable. The guy's either a wind up or actually insane.

You the biggest joke and its laughable at you

So Robben(4) and Cech(15) international games at 20 and 22 are experienced internationally

what a fool

11 hours ago, TalentSearcher said:

you logic is a joke

Robben was 20, Cech was 22 - Did Robben know the whole game at the age of 20? no, same with Cech. Have you ever heard of people saying this guy has potential? mean he isn't established yet. Idk why you keep bring international into it as they each only had 4 ish senior games internationally before moving to Chelsea.

Here an example - Tielemans, 19 yrs old played 177 games, He has potential to be a top Midfielder but he isn't established as he still learning the game, Belguim league isn't the biggest test, He need few years at a higher league to establish himself

Ok Loftus cheek had 4 games, but then more following season when Mourinho ws sacked

You the biggest joke and its laughable at you

So Robben(4) and Cech(15) international games at 20 and 22 are experienced internationally

what a fool

People like Der Commander got banned from these forums for trolling less than you do.

You are a total ass clown but I salute you in trolling so well. You must be an old forumer, the aforementioned Der Commander, IanMco maybe because, and I mean this in the most sincerest way possible, nobody & I mean nobody can be this stupid on such a consistent level.

FYI Mourinho signed Pogba in the summer, he unearthed a gem there, google him if you don't know about that young not established talent (who would have been better off staying at Juve FWIW).