Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

2 hours ago, Cvilhete said:

thoughts on the news Pogba's agent receiving £40m as part of the deal?

It's not just Pogba, it's everywhere at dozens of clubs. It's not right but it's the way the game is now. Firmino's transfer to Liverpool is also under scrutiny now - http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/roberto-firminos-liverpool-transfer-under-10399011

20 hours ago, Sir Rahul said:

Don't think anyone's at fault, more concerned with why Utd paid most of the when it was something negotiated in pogbas contract by Juve

23 hours ago, -JMH- said:

Shall we revisit this point then?

3 trophies in 12 months....zzz likely to be 4...

Holders of FA Cup

League Cup

Community Shield

and in the final of the Europa League....

backwards? with Bailly....Rashford...Martial...Pogba...De Gea...Shaw...Lingard...

tied least amount of losses this season? longest unbeaten run this season? 2nd to least amount of goals conceded??

looking like our future is bright zzzz

4 hours ago, Manuster - Emmanuel Alagba said:

Holders of FA Cup

League Cup

Community Shield

backwards? with Bailly....Rashford...Martial...Pogba...De Gea...Shaw...Lingard...

tied least amount of losses this season? longest unbeaten run this season? 2nd to least amount of goals conceded??

less stats, more watching football for you

On 2017-5-16 at 7:18 PM, Manuster - Emmanuel Alagba said:

Holders of FA Cup

League Cup

Community Shield

your unbeaten run got you from 6th to ....6th

24 points off the title winners...

yet another summer of expected heavy spending to probably replace some of those young talents

and probably the worst side to watch. the football is abysmal. 

On 2017-5-19 at 10:05 AM, -JMH- said:

your unbeaten run got you from 6th to ....6th

Or the other way to look at it is....

Our unbeaten run has put us on the brink of the SINGLE objective this season...

Champions League qualification, I'm no Jose fan but I have massive sympathy for the man having to dredge through that awful micky mouse competition to eventually reach the promised land. 

I'm guessing that early on Jose may have realized that this current squad is not able for top 4 and saw the Europa as the only route to getting is back amongst Europe's elite clubs and took the Europa with both hands and ran with it.... 

Would I have preferred 4th to winning the Europa? Probably because I believe domestic dominance is all important before you can think about making the next step up....

End of the day, league has been an absolute nightmare, no papering over them cracks, but CL qualification IS a successful season for us considering how bad we have been...

"Mickey Mouse" competition or not, quite a few winners have benefitted from it in the past, and I'm hoping United do something similar. It's definitely helped the likes of Atletico and Chelsea set up foundations to strive for bigger and better things. Plus, at the end of the day it remains another trophy - yet another one the bitters can claim means "little to nothing".

It was more than just a game but fitting they won after such a tragic week..

A wins a win but god what a bore. Complete mismatch in experience and physically strength. Men v boys , Ajax were toothless, dare say , overrated.

Remember this one?

treble.jpg

-JMH- you were so hyped up when it was Liverpool vs Sevilla - saying Liverpool never lost a final etc which wasn't true then hide for a few weeks after

Deja Vu could happen in qualification then Liverpool might not even have any European football

Wondering if Idiot Woodward gonna get the players off Mourinho list this summer

Rooney should go, Carrick maybe retire(depend if board give him 1 more year), Ibra is mixed bag as no 1 returns the same player with that type of injury

Only 1 thing I don't understand, shouldn't United be in pot 1 for the draw as I thought Europa cup winners get pot 1, maybe the reason is UEFA hates the English

1 hour ago, -JMH- said:

It was more than just a game but fitting they won after such a tragic week..

A wins a win but god what a bore. Complete mismatch in experience and physically strength. Men v boys , Ajax were toothless, dare say , overrated.

A bit of stage fright I think. Biggest game of their career so far.

On 2017-5-25 at 0:41 PM, TalentSearcher said:

-JMH- you were so hyped up when it was Liverpool vs Sevilla - saying Liverpool never lost a final etc which wasn't true then hide for a few weeks after

Deja Vu could happen in qualification then Liverpool might not even have any European football

Wondering if Idiot Woodward gonna get the players off Mourinho list this summer

Rooney should go, Carrick maybe retire(depend if board give him 1 more year), Ibra is mixed bag as no 1 returns the same player with that type of injury

Only 1 thing I don't understand, shouldn't United be in pot 1 for the draw as I thought Europa cup winners get pot 1, maybe the reason is UEFA hates the English

Doesnt take much to drag you back out - yes Liverpool had not lost a UEFA cup final before 2016

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liverpool_F.C._in_European_football

Hide - sorry but im barely active here and haven't been for a long time

Pot 1? Why, you came in via the back door - last season Pot 1 was for the 2016/17 UEFA Champions League group stage draw is formed by the holders and the title winners from the top seven associations

20 hours ago, -JMH- said:

Doesnt take much to drag you back out - yes Liverpool had not lost a UEFA cup final before 2016

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liverpool_F.C._in_European_football

Hide - sorry but im barely active here and haven't been for a long time

Pot 1? Why, you came in via the back door - last season Pot 1 was for the 2016/17 UEFA Champions League group stage draw is formed by the holders and the title winners from the top seven associations

You need to look at that link at 06-07 season or is that memory still too bad for you - Milan 2-1 Liverpool

I just thought Pot 1 as CL and Europa winners both go in there but I was wrong

Manchester United Season Review 2016/17

Premier League: 5/10

Injuries held us back a bit but we just haven't been ruthless enough in front of goal. The unbeaten run was nice and gives me hope for the future but without attacking additions this summer we have no chance of progressing. Nice to see the likes of Angel Gomes and Harrop in the last game and hope to see more of them in future.

FA Cup:5/10

Decent enough not massively important to us this season.

League Cup: 10/10

Winners but we were lucky in the final. 

Europa League: 10/10

Winners and completely controlled Ajax in the final. Thought José got it spot on there and made the right decision to prioritise EL when he did. 

Transfers: 8/10

Bailly is outstanding, Ibra showed his quality, Pogba has started to show he can create and control from midfield and Mkhitaryan has had moments of brilliance mixed with a few poor performances. Overall though the team is stronger with them.

Final Verdict: 7.5/10

3 hours ago, Ben C said:

Injuries held us back a bit but we just haven't been ruthless enough in front of goal. The unbeaten run was nice and gives me hope for the future but without attacking additions this summer we have no chance of progressing. Nice to see the likes of Angel Gomes and Harrop in the last game and hope to see more of them in future.

Winners and completely controlled Ajax in the final. Thought José got it spot on there and made the right decision to prioritise EL when he did. 

Bailly is outstanding, Ibra showed his quality, Pogba has started to show he can create and control from midfield and Mkhitaryan has had moments of brilliance mixed with a few poor performances. Overall though the team is stronger with them.

agreed fully

4 hours ago, Ben C said:

On 2017-5-19 at 10:05 AM, -JMH- said:

It will certainly be interesting to see what happens in the transfer window...

I would expect to see a far more 'Jose side' next season

Accordingly Mourinho wants 4 players - Mourinho gave his list to Woodward, Don't like that idea

Hope De Gea stays, I think he will, But Donnarumma could be next keeper. Still don't like Fellaini or Rojo and get frustrated at Lingard

Been linked with CB's like Marquinhos, Linedof, Keane, Van Dijk - Accordingly Lingard is on Holiday in Dubai with Keane but I don't think Keane an improved in CB area - 1 CB who impressed me is Sanchez from Ajax

Been linked with Fwd/wingers like Bale, Lukaku, Greizman, Neymar, Belotti, Hernandez, Douglas Costa, Lucas Moura, Mbappe, Perisic

Mourinho in Monaco atm, Does that mean something?

Looking forward to see Carrick Testimonial on 4th