Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

22 minutes ago, ashtini said:

Official Utd website link?

That'll be the last place to report it! Almost all UK newspaper sites are reporting he's agreed terms, just waiting for Real to formally accept which is expected very soon. Looking likely Belotti will be done in the next week too.

21 hours ago, AniAniAni said:

Sky reporting that Zlatan will not be offered a contract extension.

Not exactly sure what to make of that, but I'd be inclined to say that I'd rather see him stay for another year, even if he's out for the first few months of the season. Wages really aren't an issue, plus some other sources are reporting that he'd reject a wage as long as he's out of action, which would be a commendable thing to do.

Here's what the BBC are reporting:

Ibra released, but still might get new deal

Zlatan Ibrahimovic will complete his rehabilitation from cruciate knee ligament surgery at Manchester United's Carrington training complex.

The 35-year-old is out of contract on 30 June and there was no mention of another deal being offered when Ibrahimovic's name did not appear on the Premier League retained list this afternoon.

That only proved nothing had been offered by 29 May.

It is understood there has been no change to that situation.

However, the fact Ibrahimovic will remain in Manchester to recover from an injury sustained in April and which is not likely to see him play again in 2018, indicates a new United contract is a possibility.

No guarantees have been made by the club though and evidently the extent of the forward's recovery and United's form in the first part of the 2017-18 campaign will be decisive.

I'm going to be very sceptical on paper talk (for any club) this summer with the amount of utter guff already talked about, be it from people I respect like Rahul, or someone like noTalentSearcher - there isn't anybody I won't moan at.

I thought Utd fans would know better as well.

2 minutes ago, ashtini said:

I'm going to be very sceptical on paper talk (for any club) this summer with the amount of utter guff already talked about, be it from people I respect like Rahul, or someone like noTalentSearcher - there isn't anybody I won't moan at.

Are Utd fans a separate species of human or something? Why isolate Utd fans? Do fans of other clubs have better sources of information or know more about the game?

Many clubs have been linked with many different players already - including Utd - but this is the closest they've come to a deal so far, and it's certainly looking likely if the player gets his way. I can't see Real turning down 60m for him.

2 minutes ago, AniAniAni said:

If the Morata links prove to be true, I'll be disappointed for sure.

Another average player flogging for huge bucks.

He's decent enough (maybe will improve with more game time), but Belotti is the one I'm hoping for.

7 minutes ago, Kev said:

Are Utd fans a separate species of human or something? Why isolate Utd fans? Do fans of other clubs have better sources of information or know more about the game?

Many clubs have been linked with many different players already - including Utd - but this is the closest they've come to a deal so far, and it's certainly looking likely if the player gets his way. I can't see Real turning down 60m for him.

Ronaldinho, Willian, Pedro, Thiago, Baines, Fabregas, Bale, Hummels. Ramos?, Otamendi.

Weren't they all 'done deals' & 'on their way' if I remember rightly?

1 minute ago, ashtini said:

Ronaldinho, Willian, Pedro, Thiago, Baines, Fabregas, Bale, Hummels. Ramos?, Otamendi.

Weren't they all 'done deals' & 'on their way' if I remember rightly?

Not that I know of, and I certainly never claimed they were "done deals". They were transfer rumours. Utd have been linked with at least a dozen players so far this summer, and I haven't posted about any of those being pretty much complete. Morata is very much looking like being their first signing, hence posting about it. Hopefully the Belotti deal goes through and it's looking on the cards, but that one's further away from being confirmed.

10 minutes ago, Kev said:

Not that I know of, and I certainly never claimed they were "done deals". They were transfer rumours. Utd have been linked with at least a dozen players so far this summer, and I haven't posted about any of those being pretty much complete. Morata is very much looking like being their first signing, hence posting about it. Hopefully the Belotti deal goes through and it's looking on the cards, but that one's further away from being confirmed.

Good thing I didn't name you in my calling out post then..

You are quite right that Utd have been linked to a dozen or more players, as have other clubs & rumours are fine, but some like Rahul should know better than to post about it being a done deal, or that he's 'on his way'. I grouped Utd fans together as Utd fans seem to suffer from donedealonitis more than others (not denying that every club has those kind of fans, ITK geezers & inside info fellas etc) - if you don't believe me just check through this thread from June-September of each year.

For what it's worth I think letting Ibrahimovic go makes business sense with his wages, and being an ardent Real fan I think Morata will be a great addition to any team in the Prem.

2 minutes ago, TalentSearcher said:

Still waiting on Mourinho/United plans for the summer

Morata if Madrid/United can get the fee sorted, Linelof deal is quiet but seems it will happen, Accordingly J.Mendes is in Italy. I'm still hoping for a right wing and central mid.

I heard today Lindelof is having a medical over the weekend. So stuff seems to be ongoing but nothing sorted yet.

10 hours ago, ashtini said:

It's being reported by many credible sources, I'm not stupid to post random links.

10 hours ago, ashtini said:

Good thing I didn't name you in my calling out post then..

You are quite right that Utd have been linked to a dozen or more players, as have other clubs & rumours are fine, but some like Rahul should know better than to post about it being a done deal, or that he's 'on his way'. I grouped Utd fans together as Utd fans seem to suffer from donedealonitis more than others (not denying that every club has those kind of fans, ITK geezers & inside info fellas etc) - if you don't believe me just check through this thread from June-September of each year.

For what it's worth I think letting Ibrahimovic go makes business sense with his wages, and being an ardent Real fan I think Morata will be a great addition to any team in the Prem.

Been reported by a number of sources, seems like a done deal to me. I 

8 hours ago, Sir Rahul said:

It's being reported by many credible sources, I'm not stupid to post random links.

Been reported by a number of sources, seems like a done deal to me. I 

What sources give it as a done deal? 

I've only seen mentions of personal terms agreed and transfer fee still a way apart. Also Milan having agreed personal terms with Morata and looking to do a deal with Madrid. Not that I would call anything i have seen as having come from a source

On 09/06/2017 at 4:20 PM, Kev said:

That'll be the last place to report it! Almost all UK newspaper sites are reporting he's agreed terms, just waiting for Real to formally accept which is expected very soon. Looking likely Belotti will be done in the next week too.

Hey Iook at that, the Utd website is the first place to announce the signing of Lindelof....

5 minutes ago, ashtini said:

Hey Iook at that, the Utd website is the first place to announce the official signing of Lindelof....

Apart from The Daily Mirror who had it on their website this morning, and The Daily Record as well...

On 6/9/2017 at 5:37 PM, Kev said:

I heard today Lindelof is having a medical over the weekend. So stuff seems to be ongoing but nothing sorted yet.

And the source I heard from was obviously correct yesterday too.

Just now, ashtini said:

Are sources official?

On 6/9/2017 at 5:37 PM, Kev said:

The source that I heard that from is second hand, so I don't know if it was official, but I very much doubt it. Looks like they were right though. The Man Utd article is timed as being 9pm tonight. So even the updated Daily Record article beat them to it - http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/manchester-united-want-35m-victor-10600868