Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

10 minutes ago, AniAniAni said:

Finally the deal is done.

Now Smalling and Jones out.

Not totally done but near enough.

Smalling can be a very good player, but against some of the recent great players Utd have had in that position (Stam, Ferdinand Vidic etc) he's lacking a bit. Jones... I'd actually like to see him go out on loan for a year. I think he can do very well, he's got a lot a qualities but can't get a run in the team so he can't develop. If he stays at Utd he'll never fulfill his potential. No top club will buy him at the moment, but he's got the attributes to be excellent. He's stuck between a rock and hard place at the moment. A season away at a mid table side where he'll play every week is what he needs. I think he could be a Utd regular if he manages to keep fit, but he's struggling at the moment. Too soon to write him off I reckon.

10 hours ago, Kev said:

Not totally done but near enough.

Smalling can be a very good player, but against some of the recent great players Utd have had in that position (Stam, Ferdinand Vidic etc) he's lacking a bit. Jones... I'd actually like to see him go out on loan for a year. I think he can do very well, he's got a lot a qualities but can't get a run in the team so he can't develop. If he stays at Utd he'll never fulfill his potential. No top club will buy him at the moment, but he's got the attributes to be excellent. He's stuck between a rock and hard place at the moment. A season away at a mid table side where he'll play every week is what he needs. I think he could be a Utd regular if he manages to keep fit, but he's struggling at the moment. Too soon to write him off I reckon.

The only scenario in which Smalling "can be a useful player" is when you're up by two goals and need to buffer up a tired defense for say, the last fifteen minutes. Yes, he's strong in the air, and yes, he's a decent tackler, but he lacks in basic footballing ability. Knowing that he's a terrible passer of the ball and cannot read the game to save his life is a worry I'd rather live without. The occasional good game doesn't make you a good player, and I'll say it time and again: in Louis' final season, it was Blind that made him look good, not vice versa.

Concerning Jones, a loan will not help him develop, as he's the sole reason behind his current predicament. Constantly flying into tackles and recklessly charging into players has inhibited his development, to the point where people no longer acknowledge the "potential", and are instead waiting for the next injury. At the age of 24, I think it's time to part ways and call it a day.

- young Real Madrid & Spain player
- gradually forced out of the squad by superior options
- sent away and while not impressing in the league has a good run in the CL
- even knocking out Real Madrid en route to the finals
- called back and fails to make impact for Madrid once again
- eventually sold for profit to a PL club
- flops badly

Could Morata be Morientes 2.0?

Morata has yet to play an entire season (only about 5K minutes in la Liga + Serie A combined) while he'll turn 25yo later this year. Scoring against minnows that would get routed with or without him, yawn.

Ring! Ring! ... Hi, who is this?
This is the cunning Ed Woodward. I would like to purchase one of your overrated players (una morata por favor, Manuel).
Jajajajajajaja good joke senor Woodward. We know you have money. Come back with a serious bid like twice your already insane offer.

Regarding Morata, I guess this is basically where we're at.

11 hours ago, TalentSearcher said:

Actually your wrong

Portugal tax - Corp Tax 23%, Tax Individual - 14.5-48%

Spain Tax - Corp Tax 25%, Tax Individual 20-49%

Actually I am right

Top tax rate in Portugal is 46.5%.

Top tax rate in Spain is 45%.

I know because I was Messi's tax advisor ?

38 minutes ago, Nico66 said:

Actually I am right

Top tax rate in Portugal is 46.5%.

Top tax rate in Spain is 45%.

I know because I was Messi's tax advisor ?

You just can't admit that your wrong

Ronaldo only got 2 realistic places to go - United or PSG

This is all so interesting since Mourinho left Madrid, All of J.Mendes players(Di Maria, Coentrao, soon Pepe and James) have been leaving Madrid and failed to get De Gea - Is that a broken relationship? All they have is Danilo and Ronaldo left and that's if they stay

5 minutes ago, TalentSearcher said:

You just can't admit that your wrong

That is golden coming from you!

What are you an expert in European tax rates as well now?

Highest tax rate in Spain was reduced from 47% to 45% last year.

Look it up and feel free to apologise whenever you like.

20 minutes ago, TalentSearcher said:

Ronaldo only got 2 realistic places to go - United or PSG

One of the best players on the planet but has only 2 clubs to go to?

Makes about as much sense as the rest of your nonsense.

11 hours ago, Nico66 said:

That is golden coming from you!

What are you an expert in European tax rates as well now?

Highest tax rate in Spain was reduced from 47% to 45% last year.

Look it up and feel free to apologise whenever you like.

I just looked it up on Wikipedia, never know about Spain reducing tax

11 hours ago, Nico66 said:

One of the best players on the planet but has only 2 clubs to go to?

Makes about as much sense as the rest of your nonsense.

Who else can realistic afford him and likely to go to?

8 hours ago, AniAniAni said:

He'll be off to PSG. French authorities are almost as bad as the English when it comes to prosecuting tax dodgers. Plus, he'll have a new set of records to break, to fool some more people into thinking that he's better than Messi.

He will break records if he moves - 1st £100mil transfer and world record transfer

He still have unfinished business with United, Maybe he can break Rooney record or Law record which he came close to

He is better than Messi

1 hour ago, TalentSearcher said:

I just looked it up on Wikipedia, never know about Spain reducing tax

Who else can realistic afford him and likely to go to?

He will break records if he moves - 1st £100mil transfer and world record transfer

He still have unfinished business with United, Maybe he can break Rooney record or Law record which he came close to

He is better than Messi

He's staying at Madrid, stop getting your hopes up

14 minutes ago, Cvilhete said:

He's staying at Madrid, stop getting your hopes up

Anyone that thinks Ronaldo will ACTUALLY leave needs to take a good long lie down...... There are so many reasons why he won't leave Madrid but I'll give one....

Who in their right mind would pay over 150 mil(if quotes are to be believed for an almost 33 year old, I know football is nuts but it's not gone that nuts yet I hope!)

This is exactly what will happen...

In a week or two, Ronnie will get a new contract (let a bw honest, this is what he's after) after he get a over his little hissy fit and this tax thing will be paid off or brushed away somehow. If you think about it from the Spanish tax point of view, why would they want Ronaldo to go and pay tax on another country? That a a massive loss to them, a deal will be agreed and he will get a new contract. 

No way he's leaving Madrid, none.