Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

3 hours ago, ashtini said:

@TalentSearcher you have yet to clarify if you think this is true?

@Rahul I get it now cheers for clarifying, & despite only 2 goals vs  the top 5 teams I enjoyed his time in England.

Like I kept saying LVG met the targets in his 1st year then Destroyed it 2nd season

Mourinho has had to sort out Moyes and LVG destroying mess. All have different philosophy's and Mourinho had to mould them his way. Mourinho met the boardroom targets and now it's time to push on

United had the 2nd best defence even know it kept changing due to injury, Mourinho gave up the league with 4/5 games to go, United had to play 38 games in 5 months with 9 games in 1 month.

United went on a good run, Just need to turn more shots into goals. People got on Pogba back, He was unlucky, could of been different scenario if the bar attempts went in and player converted more of his passes.

Only 1 issue about next year that goes against United already, United has 5 games against the top 6 after a European game but the rest has less.

I say Chelsea had it better but they didn't have to change much, it still a Mourinho side. Mourinho like to fix messes.

41 minutes ago, TalentSearcher said:

United went on a good run, Just need to turn more shots into goals. People got on Pogba back, He was unlucky, could of been different scenario if the bar attempts went in and player converted more of his passes.

I say Chelsea had it better but they didn't have to change much, it still a Mourinho side. Mourinho like to fix messes.

If's, but's and maybe's. If i had 7 numbers on the lottery instead of 3 i'd be a hell of a lot richer!

The difference between true world class players and good players is they convert those tough chances, put the ball in a place where it is harder to miss than score.

Conte had plenty to do after Mourinho and his ego had done it's work on the Chelsea dressing room.

41 minutes ago, Jamie3184 said:

If's, but's and maybe's. If i had 7 numbers on the lottery instead of 3 i'd be a hell of a lot richer!

The difference between true world class players and good players is they convert those tough chances, put the ball in a place where it is harder to miss than score.

Conte had plenty to do after Mourinho and his ego had done it's work on the Chelsea dressing room.

Pogba was unlucky - hitting the woodwork 9 times, He made bag full of chances which only 6 chances were took. Hargreaves summed him up very well in a Europa league game, saying he is too good in his areas but Looking at his Juventus days Averaged 8 goals and many assisted. He done better than Lampard at his age.

Conte had nothing much to do, sign 3/4 players and still have the Mourinho team, no European football so easier to work with the players etc. The board never back Mourinho n the summer for him to invest, who know who Chelsea might of got like Pogba.

US Tour soon but still waiting on that holding CM and striker - People were saying on MUTV, why not bring back Chicharito

17 hours ago, TalentSearcher said:

Like I kept saying LVG met the targets in his 1st year then Destroyed it 2nd season

Mourinho has had to sort out Moyes and LVG destroying mess. All have different philosophy's and Mourinho had to mould them his way. Mourinho met the boardroom targets and now it's time to push on

United had the 2nd best defence even know it kept changing due to injury, Mourinho gave up the league with 4/5 games to go, United had to play 38 games in 5 months with 9 games in 1 month.

Only 1 issue about next year that goes against United already, United has 5 games against the top 6 after a European game but the rest has less.

So do you believe that Utd's 4th, 5th & 6th is better than Chelsea's 1st, 10th & 1st? Just a yes or no answer required please.

I can't be bothered to go into Mourinho & messes, or the £90m 'unlucky' player - its been done over and over.. 

At this point I would just like a straight up yes or no answer to the above please. Cheers

21 hours ago, ashtini said:

So do you believe that Utd's 4th, 5th & 6th is better than Chelsea's 1st, 10th & 1st? Just a yes or no answer required please.

I can't be bothered to go into Mourinho & messes, or the £90m 'unlucky' player - its been done over and over.. 

At this point I would just like a straight up yes or no answer to the above please. Cheers

The silence is absolutely deafening. This was a genuine no wind up question.

On 7/3/2017 at 7:21 PM, TalentSearcher said:

Pogba was unlucky - hitting the woodwork 9 times, He made bag full of chances which only 6 chances were took. Hargreaves summed him up very well in a Europa league game, saying he is too good in his areas but Looking at his Juventus days Averaged 8 goals and many assisted. He done better than Lampard at his age.

Conte had nothing much to do, sign 3/4 players and still have the Mourinho team, no European football so easier to work with the players etc. The board never back Mourinho n the summer for him to invest, who know who Chelsea might of got like Pogba.

US Tour soon but still waiting on that holding CM and striker - People were saying on MUTV, why not bring back Chicharito

So the reason he has been sh1te is because he is just too good?! Even for you that sounds pretty dumb!

Below still applies to your points:-

On 04/07/2017 at 11:06 AM, ashtini said:

I think he has been actually defeated.

In other news, Utd agree £75m fee for Lukaku. I don't know if I am jealous or relieved.

How much more money can Mourinho and Utd throw at this??

1 hour ago, ashtini said:

In other news, Utd agree £75m fee for Lukaku. I don't know if I am jealous or relieved.

Off.

@TalentSearcher did you have a change of heart now that Lukaku will lead the PL 6th placed side's line? It sounded like you didn't like him at all.

Also, Roma finally have closed their "supermarket" and Nainggolan will stay at the club he loves. I can't see the Matic deal happening and Levy won't let Dier go for cheap (Fabinho won't be cheap either, if he even moves at all).

5 hours ago, 1000dB said:

@TalentSearcher did you have a change of heart now that Lukaku will lead the PL 6th placed side's line? It sounded like you didn't like him at all.

Also, Roma finally have closed their "supermarket" and Nainggolan will stay at the club he loves. I can't see the Matic deal happening and Levy won't let Dier go for cheap (Fabinho won't be cheap either, if he even moves at all)

I'm back

No Change of heart, he will need to adapt, I always liked Lukaku  G.Neville is right on a few things, He should guarantee goals and with better players etc he should show his talents more. Plus last season United was 1 of the bottom teams that ran he most so it might suit Lukaku. 

He got arrested ew days ago for loud partying and aced court on Oct 2nd (thankfully that's internationals time)

He got Pogba so hopefully they can read each other

Matic deal is of which AniAniAni/Sir Rahul will be partying, Levy never sells cheap but we got Berbatov, Carrick, Sheringham from them, Fabinho - I like but wait n see - Rumours on Weigi but he's out until Sept

On ‎06‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 10:27 AM, ashtini said:

Morata deal - R Madrid wanted too much and I'm glad United pulled out and make R.Madrid be stuck with him atm as they are trying to get funds for Mbappe

United can throw money around, they bring in most revenue and are most valuable club in the world

On ‎05‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 10:23 PM, Jamie3184 said:

So the reason he has been sh1te is because he is just too good?! Even for you that sounds pretty dumb!

Below still applies to your points:-

Pogba was unlucky but he did come up with goals at important times like Europa league final

Conte didn't have much to do, sign 3/4 players. Still Mourinho team/players - Mourinho was the guy who started it all and made Chelsea a force

On ‎26‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 6:46 PM, AniAniAni said:

Matic links are heating up - getting seriously worried now.

AniAniAni - you can rest now as Chelsea wont sell to United after the Lukaku scenario

Rooney looks like he is Everton 7/8th signing, all I say is good luck but don't score vs United

On 04/07/2017 at 11:06 AM, ashtini said:

Now you are back please answer this. I am only looking for a yes or no. Thanks 

On ‎06‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 10:27 AM, ashtini said:

I did answer but got deleted

Chelsea did have better but they weren't messed up unlike United

Sorry for typo in my previous post, my laptop does this on forums

Last thing - 1000db, can you please stop posting Twitter/Instagram Messages as it doesn't allow me to scroll down to post a reply etc - Had to quote n post on a different page

4 hours ago, TalentSearcher said:

I'm back

No Change of heart, he will need to adapt, I always liked Lukaku  G.Neville is right on a few things, He should guarantee goals and with better players etc he should show his talents more. Plus last season United was 1 of the bottom teams that ran he most so it might suit Lukaku. 

He got arrested ew days ago for loud partying and aced court on Oct 2nd (thankfully that's internationals time)

He got Pogba so hopefully they can read each other

"I always liked Lukaku" must have been in a tough love sort of way because you didn't seem too keen on the guy before. Still good to know you won't turn on Lukaku when first blood is drawn. A reminder: the media love to turn anything, really, into a circus and Lukaku will be put under a microscope from the very first minute. Hopefully the match-going fans give him a bit of credit and aren't overly critical. It could turn ugly fast considering opinion already is divided and he'll make a few mistakes like every striker. Next Month's UEFA Super Cup will be a bit more interesting. Mourinho very much likes to win these trinkets but 4 years ago he didn't (as Lukaku missed a penalty).

PS it was a citation because Lukaku's party was a bit loud. He probably can just send his lawyer over to represent him, especially as he isn't a US citizen. If it had happened during the international break Lukaku would have faced the consequences and ATM I doubt his new employer will be very pleased about the affair.

7 hours ago, 1000dB said:

"I always liked Lukaku" must have been in a tough love sort of way because you didn't seem too keen on the guy before. Still good to know you won't turn on Lukaku when first blood is drawn. A reminder: the media love to turn anything, really, into a circus and Lukaku will be put under a microscope from the very first minute. Hopefully the match-going fans give him a bit of credit and aren't overly critical. It could turn ugly fast considering opinion already is divided and he'll make a few mistakes like every striker. Next Month's UEFA Super Cup will be a bit more interesting. Mourinho very much likes to win these trinkets but 4 years ago he didn't (as Lukaku missed a penalty).

PS it was a citation because Lukaku's party was a bit loud. He probably can just send his lawyer over to represent him, especially as he isn't a US citizen. If it had happened during the international break Lukaku would have faced the consequences and ATM I doubt his new employer will be very pleased about the affair.

As I can't scroll down to type, I always did liked Lukaku since his days at Anderlecht when he was 16. I always wanted him at United but my favourites sometimes goes to Chelsea or City.

He will need to adapt but he should guarantee goals, hopefully there's a strong partnership with him and Pogba. Lukaku does have a good scoring record since 2013, only Aguero beats him. People say Lukaku goes missing in big games but last season no striker was a stand out, maybe Augero as he scored 4 in 9 games.

Seem Players are also snubbing Chelsea and frustrated Conte

Lukaku arrest was 2nd July and his court appearance is the start of the international break(2nd Oct)

6 hours ago, TalentSearcher said:

As I can't scroll down to type, I always did liked Lukaku since his days at Anderlecht when he was 16. I always wanted him at United but my favourites sometimes goes to Chelsea or City.

He will need to adapt but he should guarantee goals, hopefully there's a strong partnership with him and Pogba. Lukaku does have a good scoring record since 2013, only Aguero beats him. People say Lukaku goes missing in big games but last season no striker was a stand out, maybe Augero as he scored 4 in 9 games.

Seem Players are also snubbing Chelsea and frustrated Conte

Lukaku arrest was 2nd July and his court appearance is the start of the international break(2nd Oct)

From reports it sounded more like Chelsea's board were dragging their feet (could be close to the truth but who knows). Lukaku has already worked with Mourinho and that could be a big positive. Let's hope they get along well. Conte has proven that he's great with strikers, even getting mediocre ones to deliver, and it could have been better for Lukaku but hey-ho. Regardless of which club he ended up moving to I wish the lad the best. If Lukaku hits the ground running this could turn into another KDB (he better turns up in the UEFA Super Cup).

Again, he probably doesn't have to appear in court in person, especially as he isn't a US citizen (lawyers can represent their clients). Also, Belgium could already be qualified (easy 6 points from playing the group's minnows, both WCQs are in Brussels) and have plenty of strikers. Mertens couldn't stop scoring last season and then you also have Michy, Origi, Benteke, et al.

2 hours ago, AniAniAni said:

Disasterous.

Now watch Chelsea snap up a quality forward for half the price. 

Not that many young, guarantee for goals, PL proven strikers out there looking to move to a new club. Michy is young and scores easily but he's far from PL proven. It looks like Conte wants an established striker anyway. Besides Auba I don't know of any other established striker looking to move. IMAO both Belotti and Morata are downgrades on Lukaku, I'm biased in favour of Lukaku though, and might even be more expensive (one has a 100m buy-out clause and for the other one Real reportedly were ludicrously fleecing Money Utd).

What's Lukaku's fee? The times reported it as £75m + £15m add-ons (most likely will have to be paid) and Rooney moving to Everton was valued at £10m (United have waived a fee and may also be funding part of Rooney's £13m wages). So Lukaku's valuation could very well make him the first £100m striker (unless another one moves before the add-on conditions are met). Not bad, not bad at all, for a player that only had 2 years left on his contract.

33 minutes ago, 1000dB said:

Not that many young, guarantee for goals, PL proven strikers out there looking to move to a new club. Michy is young and scores easily but he's far from PL proven. It looks like Conte wants an established striker anyway. Besides Auba I don't know of any other established striker looking to move. IMAO both Belotti and Morata are downgrades on Lukaku, I'm biased in favour of Lukaku though, and might even be more expensive (one has a 100m buy-out clause and for the other one Real reportedly were ludicrously fleecing Money Utd).

What's Lukaku's fee? The times reported it as £75m + £15m add-ons (most likely will have to be paid) and Rooney moving to Everton was valued at £10m (United have waived a fee and may also be funding part of Rooney's £13m wages). So Lukaku's valuation could very well make him the first £100m striker (unless another one moves before the add-on conditions are met). Not bad, not bad at all, for a player that only had 2 years left on his contract.

Only 1 player that I can think of that meet your 1st sentence but I don't rate him highly - Iheanacho but like you said in your previous post, "Conte is great with strikers" so why not Batshuayi? - He's so good with Strikers, before Chelsea signed a striker, he texted Costa that he's not in his plans, How is that smart? Also Chelsea can't rely on youth, they just buy them, Loan them and then sell.

Too much Chelsea talk - Accordingly the Fee £75ml(£10mil to agent) + £10-15mil in add ons so it seem £90mil total - I liked what Lukaku said about him and Mourinho - He needed maturing and Mourinho knew Lukaku wanted game time so he sold.

Rooney had nothing to do with Lukaku deal, accordingly, Just hope he doesn't score vs United if he plays

James Rodriguez wants his future/transfer sorted by Tuesday, this will be interesting

2 hours ago, TalentSearcher said:

Only 1 player that I can think of that meet your 1st sentence but I don't rate him highly - Iheanacho but like you said in your previous post, "Conte is great with strikers" so why not Batshuayi? - He's so good with Strikers, before Chelsea signed a striker, he texted Costa that he's not in his plans, How is that smart? Also Chelsea can't rely on youth, they just buy them, Loan them and then sell.

Too much Chelsea talk - Accordingly the Fee £75ml(£10mil to agent) + £10-15mil in add ons so it seem £90mil total - I liked what Lukaku said about him and Mourinho - He needed maturing and Mourinho knew Lukaku wanted game time so he sold.

Rooney had nothing to do with Lukaku deal, accordingly, Just hope he doesn't score vs United if he plays

James Rodriguez wants his future/transfer sorted by Tuesday, this will be interesting

Quite a few media outlets included Rooney in the Lukaku deal (BBC, The Times, etc. are a couple of them) and considering the circumstances, especially the waiving of a fee, his wages and the timing of both transfers between the clubs, it isn't really so far-fetched is it? I trust these sources a lot more than you but hey-ho it isn't like the £10m valuation for Rooney makes much of a difference (as he isn't very old it isn't that much either). Unlike you, I won't make crazy assumptions (e.g. Ronaldo is coming "home" or every other player with flimsy links, according to some gossip rag, that didn't come has snubbed the club). In that same ESPN interview, where you liked what Lukaku had to say about Mourinho, he also said that when Chelsea matched Utd's bid his mind was already made up and he wasn't about to change it (Chelsea's board dragging their feet seems even more likely now). A friendly reminder: I wrote about Lukaku, a month ago, knowing it wasn't a done deal (having read plenty of what was put out there) and knowing that others, including Mourinho, were rumoured to be in for him as well. Here's proof that I didn't pretend Lukaku was moving to Chelsea (notice the big IFs):

Seeing Lukaku is strongly linked to a return, people have been writing up a storm. IF the move happens ... Possibly ... If Conte gets to work with Lukaku ... IF Lukaku returns ...

Also, do you still think this is SAF's Utd? Mourinho's Utd is nothing but mercenaries. Rashford can keep Martial company on the bench though. Is Perisic still being talked about?

Costa contributed to two titles but because of his tantrums you can't exactly claim he was a loyal servant. It's for the best to grant a wantaway striker that has caused many headaches his wish and probably, as I wasn't a fly on the wall last season, Conte gave Costa a taste of his own medicine. Costa isn't gone yet and with Atleti's ban who knows what will happen. If he's told to stay until the January transfer window he has very little reason to cry about it. Looking from the outside I can only guess but Michy might be struggling with Conte's tactics. Even though he scored a very important goal (and quite a few more for the minutes he played last season) I don't expect Michy to lead the PL Champion's line. Let's see what happens over the next two months.

12 hours ago, 1000dB said:

Quite a few media outlets included Rooney in the Lukaku deal (BBC, The Times, etc. are a couple of them) and considering the circumstances, especially the waiving of a fee, his wages and the timing of both transfers between the clubs, it isn't really so far-fetched is it? I trust these sources a lot more than you but hey-ho it isn't like the £10m valuation for Rooney makes much of a difference (as he isn't very old it isn't that much either). Unlike you, I won't make crazy assumptions (e.g. Ronaldo is coming "home" or every other player with flimsy links, according to some gossip rag, that didn't come has snubbed the club). In that same ESPN interview, where you liked what Lukaku had to say about Mourinho, he also said that when Chelsea matched Utd's bid his mind was already made up and he wasn't about to change it (Chelsea's board dragging their feet seems even more likely now). A friendly reminder: I wrote about Lukaku, a month ago, knowing it wasn't a done deal (having read plenty of what was put out there) and knowing that others, including Mourinho, were rumoured to be in for him as well. Here's proof that I didn't pretend Lukaku was moving to Chelsea (notice the big IFs):

Also, do you still think this is SAF's Utd? Mourinho's Utd is nothing but mercenaries. Rashford can keep Martial company on the bench though. Is Perisic still being talked about?

Costa contributed to two titles but because of his tantrums you can't exactly claim he was a loyal servant. It's for the best to grant a wantaway striker that has caused many headaches his wish and probably, as I wasn't a fly on the wall last season, Conte gave Costa a taste of his own medicine. Costa isn't gone yet and with Atleti's ban who knows what will happen. If he's told to stay until the January transfer window he has very little reason to cry about it. Looking from the outside I can only guess but Michy might be struggling with Conte's tactics. Even though he scored a very important goal (and quite a few more for the minutes he played last season) I don't expect Michy to lead the PL Champion's line. Let's see what happens over the next two months.

75m + 15m add ons and Rooney 

Lukaku's "Premier League proven" tag can be overthrown by a single fact, being that in his most prolific season to date, his goals had no influence whatsoever on Everton's final position in the league table. Say what you want, but to me that is incredibly worrying, as when you pair that with his remarkably low tally against the so-called "top clubs", it becomes clear that he is another one of those "small team bullies" who does not turn up for the important games.

Today's rumours suggest Chelsea weighing up a bid for Morata, which would apparently be around the 70M mark. Still horribly overpriced, but definitely a better option than Lukaku in my opinion, as at least the former knows how to control the ball when put under pressure.

38 minutes ago, AniAniAni said:

Lukaku's "Premier League proven" tag can be overthrown by a single fact, being that in his most prolific season to date, his goals had no influence whatsoever on Everton's final position in the league table. Say what you want, but to me that is incredibly worrying, as when you pair that with his remarkably low tally against the so-called "top clubs", it becomes clear that he is another one of those "small team bullies" who does not turn up for the important games.

Lukaku has scored 20+ every year for Everton(20, 25, 26) except the year he was on loan but also got an impressive 17 at WBA.

No influence? Got the 3 points vs Sunderland, Got the openers vs Palace and City before they drew, Got opener vs West Ham, Got 2 vs Watford even know they lost, Opener vs City again, Got Opener and 4 vs Burnemouth, Helped on the comeback in Leicester game.

He does have a low tally vs top teams but maybe with better side, he can improve but like I said previous posts, no 1 except maybe Aguero had a good goal tally vs top 6

Lukaku scored 4 in 11 games last year, Kane did 4 in 10 games, Costa did 3 in 13 games, Sanchez did 3 in 12 games

2 hours ago, AniAniAni said:

Today's rumours suggest Chelsea weighing up a bid for Morata, which would apparently be around the 70M mark. Still horribly overpriced, but definitely a better option than Lukaku in my opinion, as at least the former knows how to control the ball when put under pressure.

Same story with his international career, doesn't bode well but time will tell.

1 hour ago, TalentSearcher said:

Lukaku has scored 20+ every year for Everton(20, 25, 26) except the year he was on loan but also got an impressive 17 at WBA.

No influence? Got the 3 points vs Sunderland, Got the openers vs Palace and City before they drew, Got opener vs West Ham, Got 2 vs Watford even know they lost, Opener vs City again, Got Opener and 4 vs Burnemouth, Helped on the comeback in Leicester game.

He does have a low tally vs top teams but maybe with better side, he can improve but like I said previous posts, no 1 except maybe Aguero had a good goal tally vs top 6

Lukaku scored 4 in 11 games last year, Kane did 4 in 10 games, Costa did 3 in 13 games, Sanchez did 3 in 12 games

Hilarious how all of a sudden you are producing tripe stats to try and highlight how good Lukaku is now he is at United, yet when he looked to be on his way to Chelsea you couldn't find enough to show how poor he was.

1 hour ago, TalentSearcher said:

Still didn't push Everton any further up the table, did it? Goals really mean nothing when the results don't follow - ask any Liverpool fan for confirmation.