Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

47 minutes ago, AniAniAni said:

Still didn't push Everton any further up the table, did it? Goals really mean nothing when the results don't follow - ask any Liverpool fan for confirmation.

1 man can't push a team up the table by himself, It is a team effort. Everton trying to break into the top 6 whh isn't easy when the top 6 is splashing money like Everton is doing now.

But your saying he had no influence, so does that also mean Ibra had no influence as United didn't push up the league? He had an influence just like Ibra

59 minutes ago, Jamie3184 said:

Hilarious how all of a sudden you are producing tripe stats to try and highlight how good Lukaku is now he is at United, yet when he looked to be on his way to Chelsea you couldn't find enough to show how poor he was.

Did I say Lukaku will need to adapt in previous posts? yes

I am highlighting that last year hardly any striker in the top 6 except Aguero had a good goal scoring vs top 6

4 minutes ago, TalentSearcher said:

Did I say Lukaku will need to adapt in previous posts? yes

I am highlighting that last year hardly any striker in the top 6 except Aguero had a good goal scoring vs top 6

Going by your posts when he was supposedly on his way to Chelsea he will need to adapt/improve a hell of a lot!

4 minutes ago, Jamie3184 said:

Going by your posts when he was supposedly on his way to Chelsea he will need to adapt/improve a hell of a lot!

Yes as Conte likes his Forwards to close down straight away etc which Costa sometimes didn't like and Lukaku doesn't do much of according to stats. Then I basically compared Lukaku to Costa.

Mourinho has different tactics to Conte

12 minutes ago, TalentSearcher said:

Yes as Conte likes his Forwards to close down straight away etc which Costa sometimes didn't like and Lukaku doesn't do much of according to stats. Then I basically compared Lukaku to Costa.

So he needs to step up to make it at Chelsea but is ready for Utd? Love your thinking there! Could be your best theory yet!

5 minutes ago, ashtini said:

So he needs to step up to make it at Chelsea but is ready for Utd? Love your thinking there! Could be your best theory yet!

Mourinho doesn't press from the front unlike what Conte does and except his strikers to do

Lukaku not the type to run down defenders and put them under pressure, this is why he had no interceptions last year, Look at Ibra last year, he wasn't told to pressure Defence

On 10/7/2017 at 8:06 PM, AniAniAni said:

@Jamie3184 I honestly wouldn't rate any Belgian's performance in the national team, as they're quite possibly as dreadful as the English, albeit with a million times more talent and potential. 

Belgium only recently started producing top players and reached QFs in each of the first two tournaments after returning to the big stage (both times advancing further than England). At EURO2016 Belgium had the youngest starting line-up in the history of the euros and at Brazil2014 Belgium had the second youngest squad (would have been the youngest if not for injuries). Belgium's big name players are only now coming into their peak age (quite a few are even younger than 25yo) and e.g. Nainggolan and Mertens are late bloomers (Mertens just had his best season ever). Russia2018 will be the first tournament where Belgium can start an XI with all players in their peak.

Everybody rated KDB's performance throughout the Brazil campaign (despite being used out of position). When he was rotting on the bench at Chelsea it dipped for a short while but soon after his move he continued carrying the team again. Deservedly, KDB was named the best player in the WCQs as Hazard usually played well below his level. A shame really that Wilmots's entire "plan" for how to attack was "give the ball to Hazard" / 100% improvisation (= by Wilmots's own admission and according to the players the difference is day and night with the new manager and the managers at their clubs). Hazard has started to show up more often in recent years (helped by the fact he's no longer the sole focus and there finally is a framework). The likes of Nainggolan, Tielemans, Witsel, Fellaini, Dembele, Mertens, Carrasco, Meunier, et al. often deliver. Also, Fellaini used to be the top scorer ffs. After Wilmots was sacked and Henry started working with Belgium's young strikers they started firing. Lukaku is now the top scorer and he isn't even used against Gibmefreehattricks. Kompany used to organise the defence and even with Alderweireld/Vertonghen as fullbacks they conceded the least amount of goals in the Brazil campaign (Uefa WCQs + final event). Courtois also put in quite a few MOTM performances. Instead of Wilmots, Kompany took responsability for the QF exit v. Argentina. At EURO2016 Wilmots blamed the teenagers in his back four for the elimination, SMH.

@TalentSearcher (seeing you like Sky so much) according to them Lukaku had already decided on his move at the end of last season. Early June he said in an interview that an agreement had been reached. Also, Lukaku knew about Utd's interest since a year/a year and a half ago.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10944308/romelu-lukaku-ready-to-go-through-a-brick-wall-for-jose-mourinho

http://soccer.nbcsports.com/2017/07/10/listen-lukaku-talks-man-utd-transfer-with-beyond-the-pitch/

On 10/07/2017 at 8:18 PM, TalentSearcher said:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/8/main/2017/07/18/37147282/mourinho-hints-at-copying-chelseas-3-4-3-system-after?ICID=OP

-JMH- Did you read that article? Mourinho like 4 at the back, but signing Lindelof he has the option to mix things up when required. Mourinho also said he would like to try Rashford and Lukaku up top.

Friendlies has been well except for Mata injury, Mourinho wants more signings

Rumours about a lot of players, even Ibra might be staying

3 minutes ago, TalentSearcher said:

Interesting News - Veratti has dropped his agent and joined super crazy agent Raiola

You've posted this in the wrong thread. Can any admin move it to the French Ligue 1 thread please?

2 minutes ago, TalentSearcher said:

Well Veratti maybe could join United as all Raiola big stars have joined

Maybe you should include such tosh in your posts. Did you know he has had more dealings with Milan over his career, by that justification your post could move into the Serie A thread. Verratti is Italian too, coincidence?.. not in your world it wouldn't be.

My request to move it stands.

2 minutes ago, ashtini said:

Maybe you should include such tosh in your posts. Did you know he has had more dealings with Milan over his career, by that justification your post could move into the Serie A thread. Verratti is Italian too, coincidence?.. not in your world it wouldn't be.

My request to move it stands.

Milan is the past, recently he been dealing with united

In fairness to TalentSearcher, the fact that Veratti has signed up with Raiola has only appeared in the press because of the links with Man Utd. It was even trending on Twitter for that reason. I'm all for people getting things correct and facts being right, but why the hell some of you just constantly take the piss out of this guy is beyond me. I have because I've disagreed with lots he's said, but slagging him off after every single flipping post is pretty childish to be honest.

6 minutes ago, Kev said:

In fairness to TalentSearcher, the fact that Veratti has signed up with Raiola has only appeared in the press because of the links with Man Utd. It was even trending on Twitter for that reason. I'm all for people getting things correct and facts being right, but why the hell some of you just constantly take the piss out of this guy is beyond me. I have because I've disagreed with lots he's said, but slagging him off after every single flipping post is pretty childish to be honest.

He should have clarified further on the post why he was even mentioning Verratti in this thread - I'm sure 99% of posts did on twitter..

10 minutes ago, ashtini said:

He should have clarified further on the post why he was even mentioning Verratti in this thread - I'm sure 99% of posts did on twitter..

I just saw the 2 names and put 2+2 together personally, as did thousands of other football fans who follow what's going on. I'm sure you did when he posted it. I certainly didn't read the asking admin to move it post as anything but a piss take! Are you telling me that was serious?

3 minutes ago, Kev said:

I just saw the 2 names and put 2+2 together personally, as did thousands of other football fans who follow what's going on. I'm sure you did when he posted it. I certainly didn't read the asking admin to move it post as anything but a piss take! Are you telling me that was serious?

Why not? He posted about a player in the French league and stated no association to Utd whatsoever.