Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

18 minutes ago, TalentSearcher said:

Very Harsh on United - thought they played well - Slight offside goal for Casemiro but hard spot

United and Madrid both had chances, could of been any scoreline

Lukaku scoring goals is positive, Matic proving himself, Rashford was great coming on, Pogba trying to create and score.  Downside is United need that CB partnership to build.

Not sure what game you were watching?

I'm not sure playing well for 12 minutes of a 90 minute (plus stoppage time) constitutes playing well tbh.

Pogba was average at best, at best - I am still struggling to see what other people are.

Rashford was trying way too hard and failing, he needs to improve on his final ball (crossing & freekicks, corners seem ok). So much potential.

Matic has started ok actually, can't ague there.

Lukaku is one of those frustrating strikers where he will score a goal but it will take five chances. One goal wins are the (usual if not drawing) Mourinho though, and 3 points are 3 points at the end of the day.

I maintain being a big fan of Mkhitaryan, he looked more like himself last night.

CB partnership is a concern yes, if only you had 2 £30m CB's, hmm.

7 hours ago, ashtini said:

Not sure what game you were watching?

I'm not sure playing well for 12 minutes of a 90 minute (plus stoppage time) constitutes playing well tbh.

Pogba was average at best, at best - I am still struggling to see what other people are.

Rashford was trying way too hard and failing, he needs to improve on his final ball (crossing & freekicks, corners seem ok). So much potential.

Matic has started ok actually, can't ague there.

Lukaku is one of those frustrating strikers where he will score a goal but it will take five chances. One goal wins are the (usual if not drawing) Mourinho though, and 3 points are 3 points at the end of the day.

I maintain being a big fan of Mkhitaryan, he looked more like himself last night.

CB partnership is a concern yes, if only you had 2 £30m CB's, hmm.

United did play well, Scholes and Gerrard analysis were right

United need to solid 2/3 CB partnership to play together each week/most weeks - Isco goal, Valencia was ball watching and he is prone in doing that

They also say there is 5/6 players that have a starting spot and more need to pull their weight, mainly in the wide areas like Lingard/Martial or they might see the exit door

Lukaku did well, he's a positive to score goals

21 hours ago, TalentSearcher said:

United did play well, Scholes and Gerrard analysis were right

United need to solid 2/3 CB partnership to play together each week/most weeks - Isco goal, Valencia was ball watching and he is prone in doing that

They also say there is 5/6 players that have a starting spot and more need to pull their weight, mainly in the wide areas like Lingard/Martial or they might see the exit door

Lukaku did well, he's a positive to score goals

Lindelof looked way out of his depth and slow.

Pogba was truly awful.How he became one of the most expensive players in the world i'll never know, stupid haircuts I guess!

Lukaku scored a chance that my mum could of put away. He missed quite a bit which isn't too encouraging when it comes to the big games and chances become hard to come by.

14 hours ago, Jamie3184 said:

Lukaku scored a chance that my mum could of put away. He missed quite a bit which isn't too encouraging when it comes to the big games and chances become hard to come by.

Don't forget the offside run - it is one thing missing easy chances, but it is a totally different thing not knowing one of the fundamental rules of football.

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 5:57 PM, Jamie3184 said:

Lindelof looked way out of his depth and slow.

Pogba was truly awful.How he became one of the most expensive players in the world i'll never know, stupid haircuts I guess!

Lindelof needs to settle - not played much under United atm

Pogba was ok in the match, some decisions were bad. Pogba is class, great passer, good assister, chip in with goals, strong and can hold off players

Lukaku is a proven scorer, don't score vs big team? R.Madrid and City. AniAniAni, you criticize Lukaku with offside runs but I heard last season Ibra was court offside more than any other player in the EPL(not sure if true) but never once talked about Ibra. 

And in Ibrahimovic's defence, at least he tries to provide some kind of outlet when making runs that can possibly be flagged offside. My main criticism of him last year was his wastefulness in front of goal, but when you're the leading goalscorer by quite a margin, beggars can not afford to be choosers.

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 5:57 PM, Jamie3184 said:

Watched today game? That seems like old United

Pogba was great, tried to assist players, strong on the ball, broke up play and Scored

Lukaku, 2 big chances 2 goals, unlucky not to get 3-4 if WHU didn't throw bodies on the line

IMO Matic was star man, broke up everything, even took on 3 players - Thank you Chelsea

Feel sorry for Chicharito, worked so hard today

I'll take four goals against a dismal West Ham. It could, and probably should have been more, but a great start nonetheless, and to see a good footballing display at OT again is a huge relief in itself.

Lukaku was decent, and Pogba brilliantly inconsistent (as is usually the case), but I cannot ask more from Matic. What a performance by him, and to think that Herrera didn't even feature today. If he plays like this every game I don't see many teams breaking down United's midfield this season.

Great to see Martial on the scoresheet too, though Rashford should have had one as well.

Matic MOTM. Jones, Blind, Mata and Mkhitaryan were excellent as well.

Solid win once again. Not the best of first halves, but Swansea made it tough, and the scoreline really doesn't reflect that. Pleased with Matic again, but Jones was the outstanding player today. Bailly looked solid as well.

Glad to see Martial make an impact off the bench again - should start ahead of Rashford next week in my opinion. He's just way more clinical in front of goal.

On a side note, Abraham looks very promising.

Just now, AniAniAni said:

Solid win once again. Not the best of first halves, but Swansea made it tough, and the scoreline doesn't really reflect that. Pleased with Matic again, but Jones was the outstanding player today.

Glad to see Martial make an impact off the bench again.

Abraham looks very promising.

I bet your regretting you comment about Matic and others about Jones

Lukaku scores again and people are silent over Pogba (2 goals, 2 assists)

Abraham looks average, He has good touch and strength but nothing impressed me

1 hour ago, TalentSearcher said:

God forbid anything remotely promising is said about something other than Utd, you useless strand of pubic hair.

50 minutes ago, TalentSearcher said:

Hi I'm a neutral on these things believe me I support a club in the the lower Leagues. I've always liked Pogba & always thought he COULD get to a level of "Exeptional" (Messi, Suarez, Neymar 95+etc). I was disappointed last season overall but...

Todays game for 80minutes I was thinking I'm disappointed again in Pogba, he's just been Ok & a bit of a Red Card risk ... (say 88/90 level). Last 10mins I have to say he played at 93/94 level showing he has got it in him to improve. So, all he needs now is more consistency & his potential will carry him thru (OR NOT if he can't be consistent).

I think he will & maybe that last 10mins is the catalyst giving him all the confidence to do it this season??

Matic played well (Up to his SM rating). Lukaku did everything you could ask (was quiet but scored the vital goal & worked very hard).

Yes, Abraham was mostly played out of the game but battled against more mature top defensive players & is still a big prospect. Jones did really well. So if you all start arguing about ManU n Chelsea my comments are completely neutral as is my opinion after watching the whole match.

2 hours ago, TalentSearcher said:

Hardly. I'll never justify such a fee after three relevant games. You might find that I've changed my opinion cometh the end of the season though, as that is when one usually determines player performances and respective transfer fees. As for Jones, I'm waiting for the next injury, which is when I'll tell you "I told you so" for the umpteenth time. And for the record, I never said that the man cannot play football, it's the persistent injury problems that infuriates me. The clumsiness can be pardoned as long as it doesn't hinder him from doing his job, which it often does.

Regarding Pogba, as Soccahappy said, he was very much average for the first eighty minutes. Too many misplaced passes, too many touches on the ball when it was not necessary and, at times, very little eye for what was going on around him. He's the kind of player who will put his blinkers on at the worst possible moment, thereby completely negating any good runs made by the full-backs and the attacking trio. He may have started the season well stat-wise, but he was the joint-weakest United player in the first half once again (Mhki being the other), and I for one expect much more from a player of his "stature".

Lukaku actually impressed me more than he did against WHU. Played the role of a subdued target man in the first half, only to exploit the space whenever there was disorganisation in the Swansea back line. Pressed high throughout the game, and the moment Swansea changed their defensive structure you could almost predict more goals, unsurprisingly one for himself as well. Not much more you can ask at this stage, though the bigger games will ultimately decide his "status". Here's hoping that he doesn't end up getting the "overrated meatball" tag.

As for Abraham - strong, fast and technically gifted, but clearly lacking in experience. He outmuscled and outpaced Bailly quite a few times today, and I haven't seen many forwards do that. Ayew looked solid as well, and you'd expect the return of Llorente to complete the Swanea forward line, as the only thing missing today was a good header of the ball and a poacher. He [Tammy] was definitely better than Rashford today, though I'm sure you'd beg to differ.

3 hours ago, AniAniAni said:

Regarding Pogba, as Soccahappy said, he was very much average for the first eighty minutes. Too many misplaced passes, too many touches on the ball when it was not necessary and, at times, very little eye for what was going on around him. He's the kind of player who will put his blinkers on at the worst possible moment, thereby completely negating any good runs made by the full-backs and the attacking trio. He may have started the season well stat-wise, but he was the joint-weakest United player in the first half once again (Mhki being the other), and I for one expect much more from a player of his "stature".

As for Abraham - strong, fast and technically gifted, but clearly lacking in experience. He outmuscled and outpaced Bailly quite a few times today, and I haven't seen many forwards do that. Ayew looked solid as well, and you'd expect the return of Llorente to complete the Swanea forward line, as the only thing missing today was a good header of the ball and a poacher. He [Tammy] was definitely better than Rashford today, though I'm sure you'd beg to differ.

Pogba was good throughout the game, trying to make chances, always wanting the ball, seeing him telling players where to pass to. Doing 2 silly fouls but learnt not anymore fouls, So it wasn't Pogba who headed the ball which Bailly tapped in from? United were playing centrally instead of using the wing so it was compacted in the middle. Pogba likes getting the ball every chance he can get.

You must of been watching a different game to me, never saw him outmuscle or outpace Bailly, that why he tried to move onto Jones. Only 1 time Abraham got free from Bailly or Jones when his header went miles wide. Rashford was more dangerous than Abraham today, even know Rashford had poor efforts on goal especially the 1 he chipped into the keeper hands. IMO Abraham might have but I see him as Average, Think he got potential for mid/lower table team(11th-17th) potential. People thought Ichenacho was gonna be a star but he's struggling to get into Leicester squad.

Abraham want to win Ballon d'or but he never will as there is much better players

On 8/19/2017 at 10:44 PM, TalentSearcher said:

Pogba was good throughout the game, trying to make chances, always wanting the ball, seeing him telling players where to pass to. Doing 2 silly fouls but learnt not anymore fouls, So it wasn't Pogba who headed the ball which Bailly tapped in from? United were playing centrally instead of using the wing so it was compacted in the middle. Pogba likes getting the ball every chance he can get.

You must of been watching a different game to me, never saw him outmuscle or outpace Bailly, that why he tried to move onto Jones. Only 1 time Abraham got free from Bailly or Jones when his header went miles wide. Rashford was more dangerous than Abraham today, even know Rashford had poor efforts on goal especially the 1 he chipped into the keeper hands. IMO Abraham might have but I see him as Average, Think he got potential for mid/lower table team(11th-17th) potential. People thought Ichenacho was gonna be a star but he's struggling to get into Leicester squad.

Abraham want to win Ballon d'or but he never will as there is much better players

You are the most one sided football fan I think I have ever seen. Its ok for your team/players to get criticized every now and again ;)  Everyone is allowed an opinion.

16 minutes ago, AniAniAni said:

Ibrahimovic close to signing a new deal apparently.

He gonna be player/coach role which is good as Rashford was learning stuff from him and people say it will help Lukaku

Just now, Kierans91 said:

You are the most one sided football fan I think I have ever seen. Its ok for your team/players to get criticized every now and again ;)  Everyone is allowed an opinion.

Not 1 sided, I say things how I see it

Well done Rooney for scoring yesterday and being the 2nd player in the 200 goals club, they could of won 3 points if Koeman stuck to 3 at the back

@TalentSearcher Great news. I have great respect for a player like Zlatan. At his age, most goals in his team and still keep pushing himself. He deserves a medal. (Also, the other players like him, who, beside the fact the media said the players should retire when they are too old or heavily injured, the real legends are the fighters with the rumor makers and bad people who have a bad influence).
@AniAniAni Jersey #10 already out of stock,:D, just a joke, but probably will be real challenge to get one.