Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

The title has been decided this weekend. It looks like a club from Manchester will win the league. @TalentSearcher don't start celebrating quite yet. Just like last season, and the two before that, it's Man City that have won it already. This is going to be boring. Give them a trophy, reopen the transfer window and see if we can get more competition. Congrats Pep, for winning it again in October.

Also, it's easy to win 4-0 when Fellaini is whole but without him United fall to pieces. Even the sum of Fellaini's parts, his grit + his chest + the fro, is greater than the whole of this "team".

8 hours ago, 1000dB said:

The title has been decided this weekend. It looks like a club from Manchester will win the league. @TalentSearcher don't start celebrating quite yet. Just like last season, and the two before that, it's Man City that have won it already. This is going to be boring. Give them a trophy, reopen the transfer window and see if we can get more competition. Congrats Pep, for winning it again in October.

Also, it's easy to win 4-0 when Fellaini is whole but without him United fall to pieces. Even the sum of Fellaini's parts, his grit + his chest + the fro, is greater than the whole of this "team".

I think Spurs will have a say, they have blown us away today, even with our own suicidal play.

@-JMH- I came across this post from the President of the Brazilian Branch for LFC (Brazil - Reds4us). Have you heard about them? It's a good post:

I'm Brazilian. My dad put a doll of a player in my room when I was born 2 months early than normal. He also got a jersey from Sport Club Corinthians, one of the biggest teams in Brazil and made lots of his friends to sign messages in the white stripes for a future where the probability for my survival wasn't so good, since I was encubated for nearly two months.

That's how I became a "corinthiano" a Corinthians Supporter. I grew a crazy supporter, but unlike England, Brazil is a huge country. I lived far far away from São Paulo and then, when I was eleven, even further. About 500km I live from São Paulo in the previous 20 years. I supported Corinthians as crazy until a fact changed the way I perceived football in Brazil completely.

In 1997, I was in São Paulo with my father - that never lived with me under the same roof, he left my mom when I was one year old - we went to the Canindé, the stadium of a club called Portuguesa. We were watching the Youth Brazilian Cup (called "Copa São Paulo de Futebol Júnior") and it was the time that supporters from different clubs around São Paulo made a big big fight.

There was people on the floor with their skulls bleeding, people kicking each other on the floor, and all sorts of violence, construction material from a place nearby (the stadium was being reformed) turned to war material. This conflicts went for months, and we still have it in Brazil. Coritiba and Atlético Paranaense (in Curitiba, South of Brazil) are terrible, Cruzeiro and Atlético Mineiro (in Minas Gerais) same thing, Vasco against Flamengo (in Rio) same thing. And the list goes on to Corinthians, São Paulo, Palmeiras... basically every single club over here supporters like that. It's no news when some supporter comes out dead from a match. No news over here.

After a year or so, disgusted by Football now, I went to see Brasil vs Chile, in the city where I live. People would pee on plastic cups and them throw far away at other people, just because. I left the stadium with the game under 20 minutes.

A year later, it was 1998-99 season in the Premier League. Liverpool and Everton was on TV and I didn't care for Football anymore. All of those things had killed my interest in the sport. But then, something happen while I was watching that match, Liverpool won 3-2, I didn't know that the game was called the Merseyside Derby.

Years went on, but in Brazil it was incredible hard to watch Liverpool. Premier League wasn't a thing. Internet in the beginning of 2000? Nops. Over here it was extremely expensive (still is, one of the most expensive internet in the whole world), so here and there I would know in the sports news that Liverpool won this or that.

About 8 years ago I met the girl that would become my wife, and she wasn't interested on Brazilian footbal either. Actually, she was a Liverpool fan. And 8 years ago, Premier League was on cable probably everyday. And she was a crazy fan. She wanted to watch every single match possible, and she was excited as hell with the matches. She knew the players, the tradition, the history. And she brought me back to football.

Now, I'm the President of the Brazilian Branch for LFC (Brazil - Reds4us), the first one in South America, I radio broadcasted hundreds of matches in an independent web-radio channel, I helped a lot of people to get to the Merseyside through the branch, I hosted more than thirty (30!) encounter of supporters in Brazil in several different states, São Paulo, Rio, Paraná, Minas Gerais, Bahia and more. I really don't think anyone, even if they are Bill Shankly's heirs, can tell me what I am and what I am not.

Let's get real: you didn't work hard to be born in Liverpool, did you? It wasn't like you need to do anything for this to happen, it wasn't like you need inteligence, or need to learn another language, or need to study hard, nothing. The mere fact that a local sports fan is a local sports fan, is geography and a huge amount of randomness. For all we know, it is just a case of chance. That's it. So, people should really drop the about being a better supporter for being born in Liverpool (or whatever the place). What I understand from people shunning supporters from other places is the same kind of behavior that a rich and spoiled kid do to people that don't study in their expensive school, or that their father don't have a freaking expensive Japanese car plus a Camaro. This kid is rich by pure chance too.

Saying that a kid that comes from other place to watch a match are giving the supporters a bad name FOR DOING BAD THINGS is totally OK as it should be. No group of supporters from any team should embrace bad behavior, of course.

But let's observe more and judge less. No side has anything to gain from this kind of behavior.

Really, two thousand and freaking fourteen and people are picking on other people for not supporting "what they are supposed to". Well, men are 'supposed' to have sex with women, no? What else are we supposed to do? Go to the church? Have the same profession as your father? Have sex just after marriage?

Perhaps we should start slaving each other again?

There are a few grammar mistakes, I won't correct them, sorry about it.

On 22/10/2017 at 8:03 PM, 1000dB said:

@-JMH- I came across this post from the President of the Brazilian Branch for LFC (Brazil - Reds4us). Have you heard about them? It's a good post:

I had not. But what a great read. Thank you for forwarding it.

Football really is tribal on another level in South America!

Mourinho 's insistence on calling ROMERO world class backfired last night against Bristol City

You have the best keeper in the world and ROMERO gets to play all the cups and CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

this single action alone will break manchester united's back. if I was DE GEA I would leave for any European club. whats the point in playing at man utd if you cant play champion league.

absolute muppets

On 22-10-2017 at 10:18 AM, 1000dB said:

The title has been decided this weekend ... This is going to be boring. Give them a trophy, reopen the transfer window and see if we can get more competition. Congrats Pep, for winning it again in October.

This was a tongue-in-cheek comment but TBH it wouldn't be the worst idea now.

18 hours ago, SM Tony said:

Sitting comfortably well in second place. Lets hope we can finish of second and continue to rebuild for next season. it can only be up up and up from here on for United. Thought we could of done a lot better in the Sevilla game. GGMU.

Comfortable? SO many rank poor underperformers,  desperate for them to choke and drop off 2nd. Awful advert for football

United signings Lindelof Sanchez what a disaster. So fortunate young hungry players like Lingard Rashford and McTominay have dug United out. 

Mourinho cracking up with his 12 minute rants, he is losing the dressing room, had ZERO response with that dour cup game

On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 11:40 PM, -JMH- said:

Comfortable? SO many rank poor underperformers,  desperate for them to choke and drop off 2nd. Awful advert for football

United signings Lindelof Sanchez what a disaster. So fortunate young hungry players like Lingard Rashford and McTominay have dug United out. 

Mourinho cracking up with his 12 minute rants, he is losing the dressing room, had ZERO response with that dour cup game

Man United had ups and downs but hopefully the summer can sort it out, will be hard as world cup on

Lindelof needs time, he hadn't really had a run of games, Sanchez needs to adapt and player further forward instead of looking for the ball 40 yards away from goal

Mourinho is right in ways -

Last 4 years, in Europe, United struggled/failed to get out of group and with him won Europa cup, in the League the best United finished was 4th

City has had Players already at City for 4/5 years whereas United/Mourinho still building

He needs to bring in more quality CBs as Smalling, Jones are not top players, Bailly is great but injures has hit him, Rojo I'm not sure about

Mid - United need to buy, IMO Pogba not 100% since coming back from his September injury

Forwards - All fine

Get rid of the deadwood in Blind, Darmain

IMO - United should go into a 4-3-3 and been saying it for ages, United need a Right wingers who stays on the right

On ‎20‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 6:14 AM, 1000dB said:

@TalentSearcher hiding? A trophyless season. Despite it being Mourinho's trademark peak second season.

I am not hiding, just no 1 chatting on here- If more chat, I would chat back

There is improvements from last year 6th to 2nd(Not been 2nd since under Fergie), stronger at home etc, Main disappointment was CL - still Media and players talk bad about United or their players

Summer United need to find their starting 11 and not keep changing, Look at Madrid, Barce, Munich etc they hardly change their starting 11

I like to see 4-3-3 - De Gea, Valencia, Smalling/Bailly, (Centre back), (Left back), Matic, (central Mid), Pogba, (Right wing), Lukaku, Sanchez - Linked with Alderwiereld, Umtiti, Varane, Maguire,  A.Sandro, D.Rose, Willian(if Conte stays), Fred, Jorgihno, Neymar(long shot) - United been unbalanced for years as they needs a right winger who stays on that right

Sell Darmain, Blind, Jones(had too many chances/blew it), Fellaini, Pereira(not sure)

Loan out - Linedof(PL experience), Shaw(see if he can stay 100% fit), Fosu-Mensah(maybe but impressed me at Palace)

Rashford, Sanchez and Martial need to step up their game, they need to make runs and not look for the ball, they should leave that to Pogba etc to have the ball and make the passes

Summer gonna be hard for all transfers thanks to the WC and shorter transfer market

Fred has had a ban from football but that not in his United days

Good performance vs Leicester - if only United wasn't wasteful in their counters, Pogba needs to stay captain, Bailly needs to calm in tackles, Sanchez was kinda frustrating as 90% he kept giving the ball away

Burnley vs United

Moss needs his eyes testing - Rashford red - Correct, Barnsley red should of been, Mee should of gave United a 2nd penalty as he was over the back of Lukaku, Mee should of seen red for handball as Lukaku was clear through again

Pogba poor penalty and Lukaku should of scored more

Did you know: "Every team to win the Premier League in the last 15 years has sat in the Top 6 going into the first International Break. 12 of those 15 have been unbeaten at the time."? Not looking good for Manure and Mourinho already has been shaky in his trademark 3rd season.

Rashford getting called out again. Alexis not really suited to how Mourinho wants to play. Fred is a poor man's Fellaini. Martial seems very unhappy. Pogba wanting out. That backline 😂 Oh yea, DDG is still woeful.

@TalentSearcher Lukaku probably would have had his hattrick if he was on pen duty. I agree, he could have had 1 or 2 calls go his way as well.

23 hours ago, 1000dB said:

Did you know: "Every team to win the Premier League in the last 15 years has sat in the Top 6 going into the first International Break. 12 of those 15 have been unbeaten at the time."? Not looking good for Manure and Mourinho already has been shaky in his trademark 3rd season.

Rashford getting called out again. Alexis not really suited to how Mourinho wants to play. Fred is a poor man's Fellaini. Martial seems very unhappy. Pogba wanting out. That backline 😂 Oh yea, DDG is still woeful.

@TalentSearcher Lukaku probably would have had his hattrick if he was on pen duty. I agree, he could have had 1 or 2 calls go his way as well.

That stat is right but United won the title in 92/93 when they lost 2 of the starting 3, don't write off United a they still can climb back up the league - United has had a dodgy start under Fergie before (Rooney got injured/ Ronaldo got sent off vs Pompey at start of season) and won the title

Rashford is fine, lost his head vs Burnley but he's young. Alexis had a decent game vs Burnley, would like to see him running with the ball instead of stopping. Fred needs time to settle, he has a good engine in him. Media making up the Pogba stories as Pogba said he wants to fight for United for trophies. Martial is a frustrating 1, he has the talent but he needs to show it consistency

You say Getting call out. Mourinho style is to sometimes call out players to see if they have the strength to push themselves or crumble, Perfect example is Shaw

CB isn't good enough, Mourinho wanted to strengthen it but Deadwood did nothing - Bailly is good CB maybe had 1 off day vs Brighton but he can be rash. Jones the less said is better. Smalling is decent but errors are coming in his game. Linedolf needs to learn the premiership game. Rojo is rash too

Coming from that to DDG. DDG still best keeper in the world but the problem not him, problem is that DDG needs a CB partnership in front of him which United isn't getting atm as it keeps changing as CBs making errors - With all the goals that gone in, 0 were his fault, he was unlucky not to save brighton penalty

Pogba fine on penalties, 1 miss out of 3 taken - Penalties is a lottery some go in others dont

United vs Burnley game should of ended 10 vs 9 men

SAF has retired though.

I admit United's league finishes were very impressive up to 2012/13 but the picture looks a bit different after, doesn't it?

vDzCF0c.jpg

I read the bit about Shaw as well. Thing is Mourinho doesn't chew out players to toughen them up, mentally. He resorts to a confrontational style of managing because it helps him get results asap. It's a proven method, not only in football, yet it's very toxic. It isn't a sustainable style, at least not if Mourinho wants to stay at one club/work with the same squad for longer than a few years. After a couple of seasons players grow tired of his histrionics, especially as he has thrown quite a few players under the bus throughout the years. History shows Mourinho is a disaster waiting to happen, usually it's the 3rd year, and this season we've already seen plenty of smoke. Let's see if the fire grows.

5 hours ago, 1000dB said:

SAF has retired though.

I admit United's league finishes were very impressive up to 2012/13 but the picture looks a bit different after, doesn't it?

I read the bit about Shaw as well. Thing is Mourinho doesn't chew out players to toughen them up, mentally. He resorts to a confrontational style of managing because it helps him get results asap. It's a proven method, not only in football, yet it's very toxic. It isn't a sustainable style, at least not if Mourinho wants to stay at one club/work with the same squad for longer than a few years. After a couple of seasons players grow tired of his histrionics, especially as he has thrown quite a few players under the bus throughout the years. History shows Mourinho is a disaster waiting to happen, usually it's the 3rd year, and this season we've already seen plenty of smoke. Let's see if the fire grows.

SAF is retired but you were pointing out stats so I was pointing out stats back at you

About that graph - Moyes - did everything wrong, turned United into Everton, LVG was like Hitler with his ways for 2 years and brought in mainly average players, even Giggs scouted and pointed out Gabriel Jesus and Mbappe to LVG and they would of cost £5mil each roughly. Down to Mourinho, 1st season - had to sort out mess, gave up on league and focused upon Europa Cup. 2nd season - 6th to 2nd - Still reckon to this day he wanted United job when SAF retired

Mourinho does like to criticise players to see how they handle/cope with it and it can/don't work on some players but there is a side to Mourinho that people and media don't talk about, Mourinho can put his arm around players and have a laugh. You must not a read what Shaw said as he said that Mourinho made him stronger mentally and that he matured.

Man United ain't tired of Mourinho, Man United tired of Woodward - Woodward gave Mourinho a contract extension in January, Mourinho gave him a list months before transfer window opened and Woodward did nothing, like I keep saying was too focused on signing Bale. Season 2014 onward Woodward controlled and has been rubbish(keep it clean), all Woodward likes is money coming in. David Gil should never of left; at least with Gil, United might of more likely of got the players who been linked to united

People say that 3rd season drama but Chelsea(1st time)  -Abramovich controlled by buying players Mourinho didn't want like Shevchenko and Kezman, Inter - didn't like Italy ways and Madrid came calling, Madrid - Players, Perez, Media over Barce favouritism, Chelsea(2nd time) - Few players were against him

Most united fans and players are behind Mourinho, problem is Woodward - that why there was protest at Turf Moor about him and not Mourinho

1 hour ago, TalentSearcher said:

SAF is retired but you were pointing out stats so I was pointing out stats back at you

About that graph - Moyes - did everything wrong, turned United into Everton, LVG was like Hitler with his ways for 2 years and brought in mainly average players, even Giggs scouted and pointed out Gabriel Jesus and Mbappe to LVG and they would of cost £5mil each roughly. Down to Mourinho, 1st season - had to sort out mess, gave up on league and focused upon Europa Cup. 2nd season - 6th to 2nd - Still reckon to this day he wanted United job when SAF retired

Mourinho does like to criticise players to see how they handle/cope with it and it can/don't work on some players but there is a side to Mourinho that people and media don't talk about, Mourinho can put his arm around players and have a laugh. You must not a read what Shaw said as he said that Mourinho made him stronger mentally and that he matured.

Man United ain't tired of Mourinho, Man United tired of Woodward - Woodward gave Mourinho a contract extension in January, Mourinho gave him a list months before transfer window opened and Woodward did nothing, like I keep saying was too focused on signing Bale. Season 2014 onward Woodward controlled and has been rubbish(keep it clean), all Woodward likes is money coming in. David Gil should never of left; at least with Gil, United might of more likely of got the players who been linked to united

People say that 3rd season drama but Chelsea(1st time)  -Abramovich controlled by buying players Mourinho didn't want like Shevchenko and Kezman, Inter - didn't like Italy ways and Madrid came calling, Madrid - Players, Perez, Media over Barce favouritism, Chelsea(2nd time) - Few players were against him

Most united fans and players are behind Mourinho, problem is Woodward - that why there was protest at Turf Moor about him and not Mourinho

Fans shout for Mourinho every single game :)