• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

Re: Official Red Devils thread

3-0 Carrick shot takes a big deflection and loops over James. Another OG?

4-0 Berbatov dances around the box' date=' then takes a strike from outside the box and curls it into the corner :)[/quote']

And if I'm not mistaken also gives us a better GD than Chelsea. No win for them tomorrow and we're guaranteed top spot :D

5-0 gives us more goals this season in the league than Arsenal - we have 61 to their 60' date=' as well as being the joint 2nd best defence with Chelsea (20 conceded) - Villa best defence with only 18 let in.

And this was the season we were supposed to fall apart???? B)[/quote']

20 goals conceded with all the defensive problems and Vidic and Rio being out for most of the season

A result which would have been decent is now a good one considering Chelsea lost however now Arsenal are back in it with their win.

No complaints with the red. poor challenge by Nani and the very last thing he needed after being in such good form lately. Rooney was again by far our best players. He is simply incredible.

We were actually quite bad until we had nani sent off. Villa were looking really dangerous and then the 10th own goal of the season rescued us and dare I say it from then on we were the better side despite having a man less.

If we have both Vidic and Rio back for the final we should win it but without them 2 we look shaky or even with one of them missing. Their set pieces and generaly delivery into the box is superb and brown ain't good enough and hasn't been this season.

Own Goals is now your 2nd highest scorer after Rooney:p

Premier League top 10 goalscorers chart:

1. Wayne Rooney (Man U)....21

2. Didier Drogba (Chelsea)....17

3. Jermain Defoe (Spurs)......15

3. Darren Bent (Sunderland)..15

5. Carlos Tevez (Man City)....13

6. Fernando Torres (L'pool)....12

7. Louis Saha (Everton)........11

7. Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal)....11

9. Own goals (Man U).........10

9. Gabriel Agbonlahor (A Villa).10

9. Frank Lampard (Chelsea)....10

I smell a conspiracy theory brewing :P

PS Before someone says it' date=' yes I know it was Man U's attacking play and pressure which forced these goals.[/color']

Premier League top 10 goalscorers chart:

1. Wayne Rooney (Man U)....21

2. Didier Drogba (Chelsea)....17

3. Jermain Defoe (Spurs)......15

3. Darren Bent (Sunderland)..15

5. Carlos Tevez (Man City)....13

6. Fernando Torres (L'pool)....12

7. Louis Saha (Everton)........11

7. Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal)....11

9. Own goals (Man U).........10

9. Gabriel Agbonlahor (A Villa).10

9. Frank Lampard (Chelsea)....10

I smell a conspiracy theory brewing :P

PS Before someone says it' date=' yes I know it was Man U's attacking play and pressure which forced these goals.[/color']

If he carries on in this kinda form, maybe we can sell him to Real Madrid :D

Think all the stuff about Nani's challenge last night was unjust imo, wasn't that bad a tackle, probably justified a free kick, maybe a booking at worst but no way was that a red card. Petrov made the most of it, looking at the replays I know the studs were showing, but minimal contact was made with the player. It was rash, nothing more, the kinda tackles you see Vidic and Terry getting away with all the time.

Anyways, I thought all in all it was a professional performance, did well considering we were a man down to soak up the pressure and at times even try to take the game to them.

Thought in particular both full-backs did well, apart from the occasional rush of blood by Rafael, trying to leather the ball as far upfield as possible when he had time for a touch and then a 10 yard pass to feet. CB's looked shaky at times, but most do when faced with Villa's deliveries from the wide areas coming in from all angles.

Giggs again was superb until he was forced off, and the CM's were ok, nothing special but kept things ticking over. Valencia made a difference when he came on, looks sharp and was a threat, and Rooney, quiet but he was up there on his own and worked tirelessly for the team as usual.

Special mention from Villa's point of view to Delph, he looked really good, was a bit surprised he went off (not sure it was an injury?) but his passing range in particular really impressed me.

Anyways, good point gained overall as Louis did us a favour against chelsea.

It's looking like it's gonna be a cracking run-in.

Giggs again was superb until he was forced off' date=' and the CM's were ok, nothing special but kept things ticking over. Valencia made a difference when he came on, looks sharp and was a threat, and Rooney, quiet but he was up there on his own and worked tirelessly for the team as usual.[/quote']

And now he's out for about 4 weeks with a fractured arm :(