• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

Re: Official Red Devils thread

Never looked in control of the match. We were all over the place even after getting ahead in the opening minutes. Butt was hardly troubled in the second half and the only clear chance was Vidic's header that cannoned off the crossbar. Apart from that, we were no threat at all. Berbatov din;t do much after coming on. The midfielders kept giving away possession too easily. And tbf Bayern may just have deserved it, although the hype all around is the so-called reversal of 1999.

The important thing is the away goal and I'm pretty confident that we have the quality to get a result at OT. The only worry is Rooney's fitness. It is said that he has a twisted ankle and not the metatarsal everyone's fearing. But, I presume he'll most certainly miss the Chelsea clash and very doubtful for the return leg next week. These three games could be the turning point in our season. Two games still left and we are capable of getting the desired result but not with such a performance. Honestly, we just din't turn up. Had Bayern taken their earlier chances, things could have been worse. We're still in the tie and its time to prove our worth.

Sir Alex Ferguson: "Wayne Rooney got a kick on his ankle and we're not sure how serious it is right now. He might be out of Saturday but we'll take a look at it tomorrow."

Disappointed in end obviously, especially after having took the lead so early on. But not too disheartened, I still think we have what it takes to beat them at OT. I mean 1-0 will be enough... Even though that is a very dangerous scoreline to be playing on.

Regards Rooney; very bad news for us. But if he does miss the game at the weekend and we manage to get a result vs. Chelsea it will show that we are not totally dependent on him. Hopefully he makes it though... doubtful though I'm guessing.

Just said on the Irish coverage of the game that Rooney's injury isn't as bad as first seen and that he might miss the game on Saturday but should be back for Next week's second leg :(:):(:) Need him for both!

Nah you don't even without Rooney you have enough going foward to score against Chelsea - its at the back I'd be worried about if I was you, because Chelsea have more than enough up front to score 2 or 3 against you - hopefully it won't be one of those 0-0 boring top 4 games you get sometimes.

Nah you don't even without Rooney you have enough going foward to score against Chelsea - its at the back I'd be worried about if I was you' date=' because Chelsea have more than enough up front to score 2 or 3 against you - hopefully it won't be one of those 0-0 boring top 4 games you get sometimes.[/quote']

Ya mind I wouldnt mind that :P

My predictions are going haywire. Predicted 1-1 vs Bolton, 2-2 vs Bayern and 3-1 vs Chelsea:eek:

Bayern didn't actually play that well. The amount of times we gave the ball away was pathetic. And I know Park plays in the big game and all but what on earth was he doing yesterday? It was quite clear to me Bayern's most dangerous player was Ribery and he was giving Neville a horrid time yet Park's on left:confused: Even Rooney uncharacteristically gave the ball away in very good situations. Wish we had Ando atm as I wouldn't trust Gibson. On theplus side despite being poor we scored once, hit the bar twice and had one great chance Rooney missed.

I am quite peeved by Rooney's injury tbh. He should never have played for England considering he was carrying a knock anyway and was playing on a surface that's been relayed 10 times so far and gets pappier everytime. To top it all of he almost played the full 90.:mad: At least we've won the last 9 games we've played without Rooney eh!

I still reckon we can do Chelsea this weekend. Vidic and Ferdinand have always had the better of Drogba so that shouldn't be an issue and Valencia and nani hopefully will have a field day down the flanks. And the good news is the ref is Mike Dean and he hates Chelsea to the core. He sent of 2 Chelsea players against Citeh and made Lampard take penalty thrice before it was allowed to stand.

I am quite peeved by Rooney's injury tbh. He should never have played for England considering he was carrying a knock anyway and was playing on a surface that's been relayed 10 times so far and gets pappier everytime. To top it all of he almost played the full 90.:mad: At least we've won the last 9 games we've played without Rooney eh!

You can't blame Rooney's injury on playing in that pointless friendly - the two incidents are completely unrelated. He could just have easily rolled his ankle while playing for United in the league, for England at the World Cup or just by walking down the stairs at home - it was simply a freak accident that couldn't be helped.

Wayne Rooney faces two to three weeks out

Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed Wayne Rooney will be sidelined for two to three weeks as a result of the minor ankle ligament damage sustained in Tuesday's Champions League defeat to Bayern Munich.

Rooney's condition has been cause for real concern in recent days after he turned over on his right ankle in Munich and had to be helped off the pitch. He then left the Allianz Arena on crutches and with a protective boot in place.

Initial reports suggested Rooney would be out of action for between two and four weeks, although more pessimistic sources suggested a six-week lay-off was possible for the striker who has scored 34 goals in all competitions for United this season.

The club revealed on Thursday that Rooney had not suffered a break, only "minor ligament damage", and Ferguson now expects his star performer to be absent for three weeks at the most.

Ferguson said on Friday: "(There is) no bone damage or serious ligament damage. The nation can stop praying.!"

While he will miss Saturday's crucial game against Chelsea and the second leg of the Champions League quarter-final against Bayern, Rooney could in theory be available when United face rivals Manchester City at Eastlands on April 17.

If United do overturn a 2-1 deficit from the first leg against Bayern then Rooney will in all likelihood be available for a semi-final tie against either Lyon or Bordeaux.

Ferguson has also confirmed that long-term injury victims Owen Hargreaves and John O'Shea have both been training well and that one of the pair could even make the bench for Saturday's game against Chelsea at Old Trafford.

Severe knee problems have prevented Hargreaves from representing the club since September 2008, while O'Shea has not played since Republic of Ireland's World Cup play-off defeat at the hands of France in November due to a blood clot in his leg.

2-3 weeks looks a bit optimistic tbh. Looking at his reaction and all the follow up I reckon a month is more probable.

This time last season we were falling apart with 2 successive loses and were 2-1 down at home against Villa and up stepped Federico Macheda.

This season Macheda has had a horror time with injuries however he finally was fit and played against Bolton. Fergie clearly indicated he has no qualms in playing Macheda in the big games. Fergie quite rightly holds him higher than Diouf.

Don't think he will play against Chelsea but he most certainly will against Bayern Munich. Berbatov and Macheda sounds tasty:D

2-3 weeks looks a bit optimistic tbh. Looking at his reaction and all the follow up I reckon a month is more probable.

This time last season we were falling apart with 2 successive loses and were 2-1 down at home against Villa and up stepped Federico Macheda.

This season Macheda has had a horror time with injuries however he finally was fit and played against Bolton. Fergie clearly indicated he has no qualms in playing Macheda in the big games. Fergie quite rightly holds him higher than Diouf.

Don't think he will play against Chelsea but he most certainly will against Bayern Munich. Berbatov and Macheda sounds tasty:D

If at all there was a time for Berba to prove his worth to the team, its now. The stage is perfectly set for him to justify his price tag and ability. We have seen far worse times this season, than what we are currently facing. We played so many matches with no first choice defenders. And I think in Kiko, Berba, Valencia, Fletcher, Nani we have the quality to beat both Chelsea and Bayern. Fingers Crossed!