• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

Re: Official Red Devils thread

Best team won by some distance.

Not true whatsoever. Man United marginally played the better of the two teams' date=' but it was by no means "by a distance". It was a poor game where nobody was willing to take it by the scruff of the neck. A draw would have been a fair result.

Gary-Neville-kisses-Paul--001.jpg

The word gross gets redefined ;)

Funny thing, I watched the game in the pub and immediately after the game ended, the song "You Are Not Alone" by Michael Jackson came on the jukebox, just as Sky were showing pictures of Scholes and Neville kissing and cuddling. It was ever so romantic. :D

What an awful day of football. Last night I was skimming through the pages of this thread with a smirk on my face as most of you lot admitted you were out of the title race. I then enjoyed a little gloating over on the Man City thread believing they would at least do enough to draw the game. I also thouroughly believed Tottenham would have been absolutely knackered after 120 minutes in the cup semi-final and a massive game against arch rivals Arsenal mid-week, and that Chelsea would have brushed them aside no bother.

Good lord how two games of football change the whole perspective of the league table.

On the actual game you'll have to forgive me for thinking 'same old flukey united'. Overall you were probably the best team, but not by much. The first half you were totally dominant and should have went in at least a goal up after Rooney and Giggs both spurned great opportunities to put you in front. Most of the second half though City were the better team, but they never really worked any decent chanes to show for their dominance. As I said you probably deserved it overall. Just a shame it had to happen in the cruel way that it did. I guess that makes a derby win that much better though.

You guys have won the title now....

I said months ago it would end up at the stage where IF Liverpool beat Chelsea it would give Man Utd the title to over take us' date=' its just how football alwyas turns out.

I think all the remaining results will end up bringing that scenario up where if we win against Chelsea (and I do think we will) it will give Utd the title.

No doubt closer to the title Fergie will start blerting out his usuall BS about how we will let Chelsea win like he did against Blackburn before (even tho we still beat them)[/quote']

Would like to believe you but it ain't that simple. Of our games I would only fancy us to do Stoke at home. Sunderland are in a bit of form now and Spurs have just beaten Arsenal and Chelsea.

Diouf's brother unharmed after derby day attack

The brother of Manchester United striker Mame Biram Diouf was allegedly assaulted outside Eastlands after the dramatic injury-time win over Manchester City on Saturday.

Abdul Biram Diouf was reportedly set upon by a group of City fans as he was leaving the stadium following Paul Scholes' late winner.

The United forward's agent, Jim Solbakken, told the Daily Mail: "There was an incident after the match. He was attacked from behind by some Manchester City supporters as he was walking away from the ground.

"Fortunately there was no need for medical treatment and he got away without any serious injuries.''

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=773635&sec=england&cc=3888&campaign=rss&source=soccernet

Reserves win league title

United's Reserves are champions of the Barclays Premier Reserve League North for the first time since 2006.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Warren Joyce's side were mathematically crowned on Tuesday evening when Liverpool, the only remaining side who could catch the table topping Reds, lost to Everton.

The Toffeemen's last-minute victory at Prenton Park leaves Liverpool nine points behind United with only two games to play.

United's two remaining league games, against Burnley and Wigan, are now dead rubbers, but Thursday brings the final Manchester Senior Cup group game against Manchester City, and a chance for the Reds to retain the trophy once again.

Furthermore, United will now face Aston Villa - winners of the Southern section for the third season in a row - in the Barclays Premier Reserve League Playoff at Old Trafford.

When that fixture is scheduled, but ManUtd.com will announce the details.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=6648314

Great news :D Seems our youth are progressing on well and what a job Ole has done.

Manchester United is still the most valuable football club in the world, according to Forbes magazine.

The Premier League title holders, who came second in a list compiled by Deloitte in February, again topped the table ahead of Real Madrid.

Forbes values United at £1.19bn($1.84bn), Real at £859m ($1.32bn), and Arsenal, in third, at £767m ($1,181m).

It uses data on income streams such as broadcast rights, sponsorship and sales of tickets and merchandise.

Barcelona is fourth in the 20-team list which includes six clubs from the Premier League plus Newcastle United who have spent this season playing in the Championship.

Liverpool, Chelsea and AC Milan all made the top 10, but the trio's value had each fallen by 19% in the 2008/09 season according to the Forbes calculations.

Juventus and Olympic Marseille had the two biggest increases in value - each gaining 9% on the previous year.

Increasing sponsorship and media revenue meant "the news continues to be good for investors" said Michael Ozanian, national editor at Forbes.

However the average worth of the clubs in the list fell 8.5%.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8635865.stm :)

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=6648314

Great news :D Seems our youth are progressing on well and what a job Ole has done.

Even better news. We've pretty much secured the Academy title as well. Lead by 6 points with 4 games to go. City's supposedly great youths are 7th:D

Even better news. We've pretty much secured the Academy title as well. Lead by 6 points with 4 games to go. City's supposedly great youths are 7th:D

If they've got all this money, why do they even need a youth academy, they can just buy themselves instant senior and youth success, can't they? :D

If they've got all this money' date=' why do they even need a youth academy, they can just buy themselves instant senior and youth success, can't they? :D[/quote']

Thought 'bout that one and one reason I can think off is - City know the arabs are gonna dump their toy in a few seasons so they need to plan ahead of time so they can produce world class players like Micah Richard:D

Thought 'bout that one and one reason I can think off is - City know the arabs are gonna dump their toy in a few seasons so they need to plan ahead of time so they can produce world class players like Micah Richard:D

You must have been scratching your head for some time :rolleyes: So what you're suggesting is City as a club are planning for the future through the academy behind the Arabs' backs after they've put millions into our youth and training facilities. I suggest you go back to the drawing board :)

One reason I can think of is that the majority of City's youth is local, British and not purchased. United go and rob youngsters from Europe ;) Pogba and Macheda anyone?

You must have been scratching your head for some time :rolleyes: So what you're suggesting is City as a club are planning for the future through the academy behind the Arabs' backs after they've put millions into our youth and training facilities. I suggest you go back to the drawing board :)

One reason I can think of is that the majority of City's youth is local' date=' British and not purchased. United go and rob youngsters from Europe ;) Pogba and Macheda anyone?[/quote']

Thing is our robbed youngsters are good, not average like your Boyata's.

And our English youngsters aren't exactly average...

As some of you might know Mark Lawrenson predicts the result of all the EPL games on the BBC. Well if we assume that all his predictions are correct this would be the league table

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A67002680

:D

Including this weeks prediction of course.

So he still hasn't predicted a Chelsea defeat:eek: