Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Red Devils thread

In what could become one of the most sensational rags-to-riches stories football has ever seen' date=' Manchester United are on the verge of signing 20-year-old Tiago Manuel Dias Correia, better known as 'Bebe' from Portuguese club Vitoria Guimaraes .

The 6ft 2in attacker is a virtual unknown and apparently only signed a five-year deal with Vitoria seven weeks ago. According to Portugese daily Abola, Bebe is so impressive that Real Madrid were also chasing him. However, on the recommendation of former Manchester United coach and current Portugal boss Carlos Queiroz, Sir Alex Ferguson is bringing 'Bebe' to Old Trafford.

What is remarkable about Bebe's story is that according to Vitoria's Web site, having lived part of his childhood on the streets, Bebe was raised in an orphanage and has represented Portugal at under-19 level and at the Homeless World Cup.

The Guardian reports that Manchester United will pay £7.4million for Bebe, although the Club's web site says that the fee is undisclosed and that the transfer is subject to a medical later this week.

Should he become a United player, 'Bebe' will join Javier Hernandez and Chris Smalling as another young addition to the Old Trafford squad this summer.

[YOUTUBE']72zjoSuN-6w[/YOUTUBE]

• Replies 43.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

Suspected conversation between Fergie and Queiroz:D

CQ: Yo! Fergie you here for the hearing?

Fergie: Yeah baby

CQ: Baby? Oh you must mean Bebe. Real Madrid have been tracking this wonderkid for months. You hate Real, I hate Real

Fergie: So?

CQ: Buy him, buy him now!

Fergie: You tricked me with Nani and Ando last time, I don't know whether I can trust you again.

CQ: Trust me, he's better than Paul Dickov. He's cross between Shaun Goater, Robinho and Jason Lee! Legends of the game.

Fergie: I only have 7 m in my bag

CQ: That'll do!

Suspected conversation between Fergie and Queiroz:D

CQ: Yo! Fergie you here for the hearing?

Fergie: Yeah baby

CQ: Baby? Oh you must mean Bebe. Real Madrid have been tracking this wonderkid for months. You hate Real' date=' I hate Real

[b']Fergie[/b]: So?

CQ: Buy him, buy him now!

Fergie: You tricked me with Nani and Ando last time, I don't know whether I can trust you again.

CQ: Trust me, he's better than Paul Dickov. He's cross between Shaun Goater, Robinho and Jason Lee! Legends of the game.

Fergie: I only have 7 m in my bag

CQ: That'll do!

LOL :D

A very tasty profit for Vitória Guimarães surely

Almost reminds me of Rangers, when they signed Paul Ritchie on a free then sold him to Man City 4 weeks later for a mega fee of £675k

The comparison is unavoidable :D

Quite surprised to see a striker coming in. Of the 100s of players linked to a transfer to United, Ferguson snaps up a total unknown quantity. I'm not complaining though. When we're competing in four different competitions, we surely need that depth to our squad. There were reports of a possible interest in Bebe from Mourinho and maybe that's what prompted Ferguson to snap him up quickly. I'm still not sure where he's going to fit in. I read a few reports which say that he can play as an AM too. So, if that's the case, then he may be deployed behind the two srtikers. Imo, Rooney and Hernandez will be the ideal pairing, although I still feel Ferguson will start with Rooney and Berbatov. I'm not completely sure whether Rooney and Berbatov can play together cos both like dropping in deep which leaves no one up front. I was quite impressed by the link up play between Hernandez and Berbatov. Maybe, Chicharito will re-ignite the spark in Berbatov's career :P

To add to this, we have Owen who will be swapping with Hernandez; Kiko will be getting his time in the Carling Cup and FA Cup matches. So, Bebe becomes the 6th choice striker assuming Welbeck also goes out on loan with Diouf and King having already left (loans).

Also, any info on whether we have actually signed Marnick Vermijl or no? I don't see him added to our squad list.

Preferred starting XI

VdS

Rafael Rio Vidic Evra

Valencia Scholes Carrick Nani

Berbatov

Rooney

Quite surprised to see a striker coming in. Of the 100s of players linked to a transfer to United' date=' Ferguson snaps up a total unknown quantity. I'm not complaining though. When we're competing in four different competitions, we surely need that depth to our squad. There were reports of a possible interest in Bebe from Mourinho and maybe that's what prompted Ferguson to snap him up quickly. I'm still not sure where he's going to fit in. I read a few reports which say that he can play as an AM too. So, if that's the case, then he may be deployed behind the two srtikers. Imo, Rooney and Hernandez will be the ideal pairing, although I still feel Ferguson will start with Rooney and Berbatov. I'm not completely sure whether Rooney and Berbatov can play together cos both like dropping in deep which leaves no one up front. I was quite impressed by the link up play between Hernandez and Berbatov. Maybe, Chicharito will re-ignite the spark in Berbatov's career :P

To add to this, we have Owen who will be swapping with Hernandez; Kiko will be getting his time in the Carling Cup and FA Cup matches. So, Bebe becomes the 6th choice striker assuming Welbeck also goes out on loan with Diouf and King having already left (loans).

Also, any info on whether we have actually signed Marnick Vermijl or no? I don't see him added to our squad list.

Preferred starting XI

[center']VdS

Rafael Rio Vidic Evra

Valencia Scholes Carrick Nani

Berbatov

Rooney[/center]

Rooney plays behind Berbatov, not Berbatov behind Rooney. :D

Rooney plays behind Berbatov' date=' not Berbatov behind Rooney. :D[/quote']

Who have you been watching? Berbatov plays behind Rooney as rohan_reddevil correctly said.

@rohan_reddevil - Fletcher has to start IMO. Scholes is more of a luxury player starting the odd game here and there. Scholes and Carrick is an extremely slow and immobile midfield

Who have you been watching? Berbatov plays behind Rooney as rohan_reddevil correctly said.

@rohan_reddevil - Fletcher has to start IMO. Scholes is more of a luxury player starting the odd game here and there. Scholes and Carrick is an extremely slow and immobile midfield

Sorry, My bad. I intended to write Fletcher, wrote Carrick by mistake. Scholes-Fletcher in the midfield.

Welbeck joins Sunderland

Reds striker Danny Welbeck has joined Sunderland on a season-long loan.

The 19-year-old had a medical on Wearside on Thursday morning. He joins a strikeforce Darren Bent and a former United club-mate Fraizer Campbell at the Stadium of Light. It's a real opening for Welbeck after the departure of Kenwyne Jones' to Stoke City.

Longsight-born Danny has progressed right the ranks with United and has made 24 appearances and scored five goals at first-team level for the Reds.

But Sir Alex believes the hugely promising England Under-21 international needs first-team experience in top-flight football, so the move to Sunderland should aid his development.

LOL :D

A very tasty profit for Vitória Guimarães surely

Almost reminds me of Rangers' date=' when they signed Paul Ritchie on a free then sold him to Man City 4 weeks later for a mega fee of £675k

The comparison is unavoidable :D[/quote']

am i the only one who thinks that there may be something dodgy going on here?

am i the only one who thinks that there may be something dodgy going on here?

Nope, you're definitely not the only one who thinks that. It's rather weird that he was bought for that much and is still relatively unproven. My guess is that the fee is actually much smaller, but publicized as this to show that United can still spend big. Of course, it's speculation, but I just can't imagine United paying that fee....

My guess is that the fee is actually much smaller' date=' but publicized as this to show that United can still spend big.[/quote']

could well be (the initial guess was more along the lines of brown paper bags ;)) but i'm sure i read that they just bought out his buyout clause which was £7.4m which is bizarre really, plus could this transfer go through as its his 3rd club in less than a year?

could well be (the initial guess was more along the lines of brown paper bags ;)) but i'm sure i read that they just bought out his buyout clause which was £7.4m which is bizarre really' date=' plus could this transfer go through as its his 3rd club in less than a year?[/quote']

That's what I thought, but again, this MU and rules are indeed bended sometimes.

The thing about the fee is that he has only been several months there and this was summer, so he didn't even play much. Why would Manchester United go out and spend 7.4m on a relatively unknown player when there is no value at this transfer market. I wouldn't be so surprised if MU just signed him, but the fee is truly, truly shocking, especially when you consider their debts and availability of some players in the market.

That's what I thought' date=' but again, this MU and rules are indeed bended sometimes.

The thing about the fee is that he has only been several months there and this was summer, so he didn't even play much. Why would Manchester United go out and spend 7.4m on a relatively unknown player when there is no value at this transfer market. I wouldn't be so surprised if MU just signed him, but the fee is truly, truly shocking, especially when you consider their debts and availability of some players in the market.[/quote']

Thank God someone else thinks the same!

I am truely shocked that we brought him, and especially for the reported fee. I wouldn't be surprised if we payed no more than a million for him.

I mean, if we offered 2million for him, his club aren't really going to turn it down, are they? Depends on their financial situation, but come on.

Shocked.

Thank God someone else thinks the same!

I am truely shocked that we brought him' date=' and especially for the reported fee. I wouldn't be surprised if we payed no more than a million for him.

I mean, if we offered 2million for him, his club aren't really going to turn it down, are they? Depends on their financial situation, but come on.

Shocked.[/quote']

Exactly. They're playing in a 3rd division and if a club would come in with 2m for a relatively unknown player, it's almost guaranteed that they'd accept (player probably would be unhappy if the club would turn that sort of bid and the club should be happy with 2 million - it's huge money for any 3rd division club).

Basically, I can only imagine few possible scenarios (From least likely to most likely):

1. That completely unknown player is actually a world beater and United just went all in so they wouldn't lose him.
  2. Someone in United lost his head
  3. Someone's laundrying money
  4. The fee is actually much smaller and United are just playing smart

Guys I agree with what your saying but it could have been very similar when Ronaldo joined for 12m in 2003.

With all due respect, this is very different. Ronaldo at that time was known quite well and being tracked by quite a few bigger clubs. He was in one of the biggest clubs in Portugal, a starter and impressing everyone.

On the other hand, the new guy is almost completely unknown, is completely improven, comes from a 3rd div club and has only been there 4 months.

I'm not saying that he definitely won't turn out good, but he's a much, much bigger gamble than Ronaldo with arguably lesser chances to win big. Lets wait and see....