Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Red Devils thread

Good game tonight, we were really really impressive. Hopefully that trend continues, the scoreline flattered Newcastle more if I'm honest it could have been 5 or 6 easily. Berbatov looked sharp and well Scholes was just outstanding again. What guys he and Giggs are, not to mention Gary. True Manchester United legend.

Btw, was just reading up a little more on the Bebe situation. Apparently, there was 4 bids on the table for him one of which was from Real Madrid which sparked United into making a bid and ultimately Bebe chose us... Also, his best position is a out and out winger.

Also regarding Meireles, apparently again we made a bid for him BEFORE the WC which was rejected, which was one of four on the table for Porto but all were rejected as they are holding out for more £££.

2 words. Paul Scholes. He is sickeningly good. The ease with which he looks up and time and time again plays a pin point ball is never ceases to amaze me.

First half we were decent but gave away the ball wayy too much for my liking. 2nd half we were brilliant and as Ken said 3-0 flattered Newcastle. Valencia looked out of sorts and Rooney looked extremely unfit and was trying too hard imo. Needs a rest desperately.

Nani looked good. Could've had a couple of assists but no one seemed to pick up some of his cut backs into space. Looks set to continue his good work from last season.

MOM - Paul Scholes

Giggs and Scholes are masters of this game. They make Premier League football look like a dawdle. But as one of the commentators said' date=' will United ever get another pair of players like Giggs and Scholes?[/quote']

I dont think United will get another 'Giggs' or 'Scholes' ... :/

Newcastle... Hold the beard one more week :D

I dont think United will get another 'Giggs' or 'Scholes' ... :/

Newcastle... Hold the beard one more week :D

I reckon they could get another scholes in Darron gibson. Just that scholes needs to teach gibson how to do a range of passing.

I was at work and so could only glance at the game occassionally

With Villa playing them away next' date=' how did you rate their performance, strengths and weaknesses. Please

:o[/quote']

Newcastle looked impressive going forward but dodgy at the back. United controlled most of the match so I expect Villa should win m8.

Also, Werder Bremen have said if no team comes in for Ozil by Wednesday, he will be played against Sampdoria and it will result in him being cup tied, should he join another club this summer.

Glad to see United have got £7mill to gamble on a player they haven't assessed over time.

In all honesty though - United fans are having a go at City for splashing big sums on known players - well I think that needs to stop now that United have spent a large some on a completely unknown Portuguese 3rd division player :D

So weve spent 7mil on a player whos not really been heard of and people are up in arms..why ? we have a past record of spending money on reletively unknowns and them proving there worth, people are quick to mention the flops but what about the success stories:

Schmeichal

Ronnie Johnson

Cantona

Evra

Vidic

Just a few names that roll off the top of my head. If Fergie has faith in his scouting network to pick up on a player who he believes is a raw talent who is anyone to not think the lad has something.

As for a comparrison to what the noisy neighbours are doing are you having a laugh, 24million and 200k on a reletively unproven, precocious raw talent is very different from 7mil and very low wages, you enjoy splashing the cash we will enjoy success thank you.

As for last nights game, great start 3 points on the board and controlled the game from start to finish, created chances for fun which is a far cry from some of the performances last season. Scholesy turning back the clock again with a vintage performance how I wish he was 10 years younger..

I think were looking good for the season ahead.

I dont think it was so much him being an unknown people were supprised at as all clubs do this' date=' its more the fact hes from the 3rd division, normally any player from such a low league comes much, much cheaper.[/quote']

He came from Vitoria, who are a 1st division club in Portugal. Although he did come from the 3rd division only a few weeks prior... But like I said, its a fact Real had bid on him and 2 other major clubs as well so its pretty clear this guy has massive talent, its fulfilling it now that will be the hard part.

yeah he might well turn out great (hope not :P) but I just ment other fans are bound to have a pop at such a transfer' date=' I mean if it was another club doing the same Man Utd fans would be saying the same things.

Imagine if this was a season so ago and Man Utd where signing Silva and co and Man city signed some unkown player from such a club for such a fee, I know full well what some of the comments you guys would be saying :D[/quote']

I can understand where your coming from. But your point regarding United and City is irrelevant as one is a big club and the other isn't :):D:p

Sad to see Ozil head to Madrid, hope he plays second fiddle to Canales in the years to come. Merieles all the way! No updates on that front today yet though.

I can understand where your coming from. But your point regarding United and City is irrelevant as one is a big club and the other isn't :):D:p

Sad to see Ozil head to Madrid' date=' hope he plays second fiddle to Canales in the years to come. Merieles all the way! No updates on that front today yet though.[/quote']

You're right - City aren't as big a club as United at the moment :D

Good to see Ozil joining a club that isn't on the financial decline though :D:P;)

Good to see Ozil joining a club that isn't on the financial decline though :D:P;)

Well I wouldn't be so sure about that, we all know how riddled Spain is with debt. Plus, I don't see how your point is valid. What have we spent this summer so far? About £27million? Hardly what you'd call a 'small' sum :D

Well I wouldn't be so sure about that' date=' we all know how riddled Spain is with debt. Plus, I don't see how your point is valid. What have we spent this summer so far? About £27million? Hardly what you'd call a 'small' sum :D[/quote']

My point is valid as follows :D

United have gambled around......£24mill

United have sold player worth....£15.5mill

Net spend ...................................£9mill (rounded off)

Wolves have a higher net spend than United - and they have about 40,000 less season ticket holders (approx £28mill) and no Champions League money (approx £10mill + to start) and a lesser share of the EPL TV rights

Edit original post was made in jest and I'll stop misbehaving right here and now :D

My point is valid as follows :D

United have gambled around......£24mill

United have sold player worth....£15.5mill

Net spend ...................................£9mill (rounded off)

Wolves have a higher net spend than United - and they have about 40' date='000 less season ticket holders (approx £28mill) and no Champions League money (approx £10mill + to start) and a lesser share of the EPL TV rights

[/b']

Edit original post was made in jest and I'll stop misbehaving right here and now :D

Who spends the most is all matters now, is it? The on-field performances, trophies do not count for anything?

Who spends the most is all matters now' date=' is it? The on-field performances, trophies do not count for anything?[/quote']

Kensational pointed out that United had spent £27mill on players - I was pointing out that overall United had spent a lot less than that AND less than a "small club"

I did not at any point relate the two teams or any other team by sporting prowess :D

Perhaps, if you took time to read and digest my comment it would have become clear.

Is that David Bellion? lol

On a less jokey note - anyone seen him play at a reasonable level yet?

I think he completed his medical today only and was unveiled before the media. We'll get an idea of his game when he plays for the reserves. I don't expect him to directly get into the first team. The Carling Cup looks like a realistic target for him this season to get some games under his belt. Although I won't be surprised to see him play in the PL since he's predominantly a winger/AM. But if Scholes and Giggs keep up their form then the young ones will find it hard to break into the first team! :P

On an other note, Chicharito seems super excited to talk to the media. He jumps to the questions faster than he runs! :P

Kensational pointed out that United had spent £27mill on players - I was pointing out that overall United had spent a lot less than that AND less than a "small club"

I did not at any point relate the two teams or any other team by sporting prowess :D

Perhaps' date=' if you took time to read and digest my comment it would have become clear.[/quote']

The difference being, one of those teams suck and will be lucky to not get relegated.... hence why they have to spend big. While the other won the title 3 years on the trot and finished runner-up last year so only small tweaks are needed. ;)

Onto the more important news Bebe has had a hair cut!!!!!!:D

I preferred him before! :(:P

http://picsrv.manutd.com/?fif=/manu/img_10_36093_702.jpg&obj=iip' date='1.0&wid=500[/img']

All looking well :D Oh and SAF admitted hes never even seen Bebe play lol

The difference being' date=' one of those teams suck and will be lucky to not get relegated.... [/quote']

As much as 'I'd love it!!' (thanks Kevin) I doubt United will get relegated :D

With morbid intrigue I'm looking forward to seeing the quarterly accounts at the end of the month - only to see if the Ronaldo money is still showing as 'cash' on the balance sheet

I know a lot of people think I am having a go about the 'debt' - I'm really not - it just intrigues me that the chairman of a large company can publicly say that the clubs 'cash reserve' won't be used for repayment of debt - yet the cash reduces everytime without explantaion...

..the most obvious explanation is that 'other money' is being used to service the PIKs - and the cash is then being reduced to run the club - so although it's not directly being used it is having to plug a shortfall elsewhere.

I'm also intrigued to see if the cash that a certain person says is available actually includes an alleged overdraft of £75mill that was also agreed at the time of the PIK refinancing

BEFORE ANYONE HAS A POP AT ME I want to see United back in the hands of the fans who love the club - and get rid of the people who are only there to take money abroad....if the "75p in every £1 goes out of the club" is true its a scandal

PS I'm not blind to the fact that City fans (and all football fans) will one day have to repay the money City are sepnding