• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

Re: Official Red Devils thread

Ozil to Madrid is just stupid. Im not just saying this because I really really wanted him at OT but the fact that they have immense talent in midfield and up front already. Gago, Diarra, Lass, Xabi Alonso, Di Maria, Kaka, Ronaldo, Van Der Vaart, Marcelo, Granero, Drenthe, Canales, Pedro Leon, Kheidira, Benzema and Higuain are the midfield/attacking talent they have at the club at present. Why oh why do they keep signing people for the sake of it. I mean he will be lucky to start half of their games this season. If he had joined us he would have been a regular. Its just amazing the way Madrid go out and buy whoever they want. PS I know they might sell some of them listed above, but still they didn't need him :rolleyes:

Ozil to Madrid is just stupid. Im not just saying this because I really really wanted him at OT but the fact that they have immense talent in midfield and up front already. Gago' date=' Diarra, Lass, Xabi Alonso, Di Maria, Kaka, Ronaldo, Van Der Vaart, Marcelo, Granero, Drenthe, Canales, Pedro Leon, Kheidira, Benzema and Higuain.[/quote']

Almost all of the players you've posted (bar 3/4) play in completely different positions to Ozil :confused:

Ozil plays anywhere in Midfield' date=' cm am lm rm winger and can play as a support striker similar to Gerrard's at Liverpool. That's what im saying they dont need him. and 3/4 is a lot :P[/quote']

I do agree he wasn't particularly needed, but I'm not complaining :D

Just found it weird that you had DM's, box-to-box mid's and forwards in that list.

Also, on another note, Ozil + Khedira combined cost us less than Chygrinsky (however you spell it) cost Barca :P

I do agree he wasn't particularly needed' date=' but I'm not complaining :D

Just found it weird that you had DM's, box-to-box mid's and forwards in that list.

Also, on another note, Ozil + Khedira combined cost us less than Chygrinsky (however you spell it) cost Barca :P[/quote']

Which probably equals the amount United spent in total this summer :rolleyes::P

Just seen this on the United website this morning:

Good old Sir Alex. I've just been informed that he was his usual comically cryptic self at yesterday's press conference. When asked if United would be making any more signings this summer, the Boss asked: "What day is it?" That marked the end of the presser. Brilliant.

Classic Fergie :P

Just seen this on the United website this morning:

Good old Sir Alex. I've just been informed that he was his usual comically cryptic self at yesterday's press conference. When asked if United would be making any more signings this summer' date=' the Boss asked: "What day is it?" That marked the end of the presser. Brilliant.

Classic Fergie :P[/quote']

In the medical world, that's known as senile dementia. Ask him to come and see me, I'm sure I could rustle up some good medicine for him :P:)

After spending the majority of 2010 sidelined by injury, Anderson is tantalisingly close to returning to action.

The Brazilian midfielder suffered cruciate ligament damage against West Ham last February and, after a lengthy recuperation from surgery in Portugal, he is elated to be back at Carrington and on the cusp of a comeback.

"I'm so happy and excited to be back again after six months without football," Anderson told ManUtd.com. "I've been really excited to be back. I've been so happy ever since I got back to Carrington and I just can't wait to play again.

"I'm feeling good. I've been training for two weeks and I'm very happy. I think maybe very soon I'll come back again and start playing normally with the rest of the team. I have had no problems at all with the injury. I'm just running and training now really hard, so I can come back and train normally with the team."

Although frustrated to have been confined to the sidelines throughout United's pre-season preparations, Anderson has seen enough promise in the Reds' displays to spark confidence for the months ahead.

"I think the new season will be very difficult because a lot of teams are becoming strong," he admitted. "But in pre-season we have looked very strong and I think we will come again this season and we will aim to win everything."

On United's website from the Daily Express..

09:04 This Rafael van der Vaart talk is gathering pace. In the space of two days, he's pledged his future to Real Madrid, been told he could actually be surplus to requirements and now, apparently, intimated a desire to join United if he can't stay with Los Blancos. The Daily Express quotes the Dutchman as saying: "I could never play for another club in Spain and the truth is that if you are leaving Real Madrid, there is only one club you can join that is not a step down - and that's Manchester United. They are a huge club and if the reported interest they have in me turns out to be true, then I would really have to sit down and listen."

Would be much more suited to us than Meireles. Similar role to Ozil which we need imo.

09:04 This Rafael van der Vaart talk is gathering pace. In the space of two days' date=' he's pledged his future to Real Madrid, been told he could actually be surplus to requirements and now, apparently, intimated a desire to join United if he can't stay with Los Blancos. The Daily Express quotes the Dutchman as saying: [b']"I could never play for another club in Spain and the truth is that if you are leaving Real Madrid, there is only one club you can join that is not a step down - and that's Manchester United. They are a huge club and if the reported interest they have in me turns out to be true, then I would really have to sit down and listen."[/b]

Would be much more suited to us than Meireles. Similar role to Ozil which we need imo.

ahh heres someone who wants to join us unlike Ozil. Get him Fergie!!

Miereles has been left out of Porto's EL squad though so hes pretty much certain to join now

ahh heres someone who wants to join us unlike Ozil. Get him Fergie!!

Miereles has been left out of Porto's EL squad though so hes pretty much certain to join now

Yeah, well with the rumours strong about Gibson leaving on loan for Stoke, I wonder how possible is it that we might buy the two? Plus, I'm not so certain United will buy Meireles now after seeing this as VDV would be a lot less than 15m. We could get him at around 7 or 8m I reckon.

Yeah' date=' well with the rumours strong about Gibson leaving on loan for Stoke, I wonder how possible is it that we might buy the two? Plus, I'm not so certain United will buy Meireles now after seeing this as VDV would be a lot less than 15m. We could get him at around 7 or 8m I reckon.[/quote']

Think we'll buy both or just Miereles. Miereles is more of a replacement for Hargreaves and if we don't get VDV I wouldn't mind a lot a combination of Scholes and Anderson(when fit) should do the job. Ozil should've joined us. Obviously prefers having a snooze on the madrid bench than playing regularly for us:rolleyes: mutt

Think we'll buy both or just Miereles. Miereles is more of a replacement for Hargreaves and if we don't get VDV I wouldn't mind a lot a combination of Scholes and Anderson(when fit) should do the job. Ozil should've joined us. Obviously prefers having a snooze on the madrid bench than playing regularly for us:rolleyes: mutt

Well both would be great but I doubt it, had a strange dream one of the days recently where Fergie said he would bring in 7 more players :P Ozil should've joined us as I posted before, not needed at them and game time would have been given at United. Van Der Vaart can see this :)

09:04 This Rafael van der Vaart talk is gathering pace. In the space of two days' date=' he's pledged his future to Real Madrid, been told he could actually be surplus to requirements and now, apparently, intimated a desire to join United if he can't stay with Los Blancos. The Daily Express quotes the Dutchman as saying: "I could never play for another club in Spain and the truth is that if you are leaving Real Madrid, [b']there is only one club you can join that is not a step down - and that's Manchester United.[/b] They are a huge club and if the reported interest they have in me turns out to be true, then I would really have to sit down and listen."

This may as well be just a rumor. I won't be surprised if VdV comes out and says he never quoted such things. But honestly, reading this article really brought a big smile to my face. I wanted him at OT before Madrid snapped him up and now there's a chance again to sign him. I would be delighted to see him play for us. I don't know what's stopping Ferguson from tabling a bid for him. I've many friends who are Madrid fans and they really don;t want to see VdV being sold to us. I would love to see a Madridista playing for us. Sick of it always being the other way round.

About Meireles, well him being left out of their Europa League squad adds to the speculation that he'll be joining us. I don't mind Gibson being sent out on loan, and we could have VdV and Meireles in our 25 man squad. I think both these players should be enough to add strength to our midfield.

This may as well be just a rumor. I won't be surprised if VdV comes out and says he never quoted such things. But honestly' date=' reading this article really brought a big smile to my face. I wanted him at OT before Madrid snapped him up and now there's a chance again to sign him. I would be delighted to see him play for us.[b'] I don't know what's stopping Ferguson from tabling a bid for him.[/b] I've many friends who are Madrid fans and they really don;t want to see VdV being sold to us. I would love to see a Madridista playing for us. Sick of it always being the other way round.

About Meireles, well him being left out of their Europa League squad adds to the speculation that he'll be joining us. I don't mind Gibson being sent out on loan, and we could have VdV and Meireles in our 25 man squad. I think both these players should be enough to add strength to our midfield.

http://tribalfootball.com/fresh-glazer-debt-worries-man-utd-1058811

Seems that our debts are getting unfortunately bigger and bigger:mad:

Love united, hate glazer!

Santos to sign Possebon

United midfielder Rodrigo Possebon is set to join Brazilian club Santos.

The deal is still in progress and is expected to be completed on Friday 20 August, but the two-times FIFA Club World Cup winners are keen to herald Possebon's imminent arrival.

A story on the Santos website on Thursday night (UK time) spoke of a four-year deal and the player, born in Brazil but an Italy U20 international, is quoted as saying: "It is a unique opportunity and I will work hard to give my best here. I hope to play a lot of football."

Possebon, now 21, joined United in January 2008 from Brazilian side Internacional and made his first-team debut as a substitute on the opening day of the 2008/09 season.

Since then, however, he has managed just eight first-team appearances, although he's often impressed for the Reserves. He spent the first half of last season on loan at Sporting Braga in Portugal before returning to Old Trafford in January 2010.

http://tribalfootball.com/fresh-glazer-debt-worries-man-utd-1058811

Seems that our debts are getting unfortunately bigger and bigger:mad:

Love united' date=' hate glazer![/quote']

I think the most alarming part of the debt issue is the fact that the Glazers can take upto £95million out of United 'cash reserves'...and United cash reserves stand at....£95.9million. So essentially the Glazers could take all the 'spare cash' that United have to finance the debt

If honest though - the 16.25% interest rate is old news - it was first reported back around May time by the BBC and other sports pages - so no idea why the BBC and Tribal are re-running a story that everyonealready new about (and why have the BBC and Tribal run EXACTLY the same story word for word...)

What the story fails to mention is that the 16.5% interest rate is ONLY on the PIK loans (of 230mill or so) and not the rest of the debt

Santos to sign Possebon

Transfermarkt show him as a Santos player now

Santos to sign Possebon

United midfielder Rodrigo Possebon is set to join Brazilian club Santos.

The deal is still in progress and is expected to be completed on Friday 20 August' date=' but the two-times FIFA Club World Cup winners are keen to herald Possebon's imminent arrival.

A story on the Santos website on Thursday night (UK time) spoke of a four-year deal and the player, born in Brazil but an Italy U20 international, is quoted as saying: "It is a unique opportunity and I will work hard to give my best here. I hope to play a lot of football."

Possebon, now 21, joined United in January 2008 from Brazilian side Internacional and made his first-team debut as a substitute on the opening day of the 2008/09 season.

Since then, however, he has managed just eight first-team appearances, although he's often impressed for the Reserves. He spent the first half of last season on loan at Sporting Braga in Portugal before returning to Old Trafford in January 2010.[/quote']

Was never really a fan of him..:P