£25.3M -

-

CASILLAS, Iker Gk 29 95

£27.0M -

FERDINAND, Rio CB 31 95

£24.6M[/quote']

Whats that got to do with this thread? :confused::confused:

Re: Official Red Devils thread

Typical. Ajax aren't too pleased with us over Van Velzen and are demanding compensation and threatening a lawsuit against us:rolleyes: As far as I am aware there are no laws stopping us from signing the guy as he had no contract with Ajax and I am not even sure if we are compelled to pay any sort of compensation to them...

Typical. Ajax aren't too pleased with us over Van Velzen and are demanding compensation and threatening a lawsuit against us:rolleyes: As far as I am aware there are no laws stopping us from signing the guy as he had no contract with Ajax and I am not even sure if we are compelled to pay any sort of compensation to them...

I think the compensation scheme is only in England and Wales as far i remember and it's not illegal as teams in mainland Europe have to wait til 18years old to give a full first team contract.

This sounds a lot like the Pogba case if honest...

"United* spot a promising youngster abroad and offer his parents and him a new life in the UK before he is old enough to sign a contract with his existing club"

UEFA cannot stop a family from moving to a different area or country fr the benefit of their own family - regardless of the fact that a young footballer is involved.

With the introduction of the 'home grown rule' - I expect it to happen more.

I think United will probably pay a small undisclosed compensation amount - but no doubt the press will have the inevitable field day and Platini will stick his nose in

It's amazing that Mr Platini hasn't yet made comments re Real Madrid and Barcelonas financial positions

*it isn't just United who do it

If anyone wants to watch Shieteh reserves vs United reserves tune theres a stream on Justin TV. Almost half time and it's 1-1 with our equaliser being a really good team goal involving Macheda and Eikrem who's just pure class.

Although reserve is not doing justice to that side. More than good enough to beat premier league sides. Anderson is starting as well

If anyone wants to watch Shieteh reserves vs United reserves tune theres a stream on Justin TV. Almost half time and it's 1-1 with our equaliser being a really good team goal involving Macheda and Eikrem who's just pure class.

Although reserve is not doing justice to that side. More than good enough to beat premier league sides. Anderson is starting as well

Thanks for the heads up :)

For those who didn't watch the game yesterday, we won 3-1:D Macheda(x2) and Cleverly with the goals. Eikrem (who I didn't realise was the captain despite the likes of Carrick, Neville, Anderson, Gibson, Brown etc. playing) was brilliant. Set up Macheda for his first and 2nd goal both finished very well by Kiko. Cleverly was a bit wasteful missing 2 or 3 chances but finally scored one. Anderson looked a bit off the pace but that's to be expected as he hasn't played for a good few months

For those who didn't watch the game yesterday' date=' we won 3-1:D Macheda(x2) and Cleverly with the goals. Eikrem (who I didn't realise was the captain despite the likes of Carrick, Neville, Anderson, Gibson, Brown etc. playing) was brilliant. Set up Macheda for his first and 2nd goal both finished very well by Kiko. Cleverly was a bit wasteful missing 2 or 3 chances but finally scored one. Anderson looked a bit off the pace but that's to be expected as he hasn't played for a good few months[/quote']

Did Obertan play last night? Heard he was going to be loaned to Preston and was there on Saturday, but Darren Ferguson has denied that he will come as he is a part of the first team. I thought it odd that they would loan out Obertan and not Cleverley.

Did Obertan play last night? Heard he was going to be loaned to Preston and was there on Saturday' date=' but Darren Ferguson has denied that he will come as he is a part of the first team. I thought it odd that they would loan out Obertan and not Cleverley.[/quote']

Nope Obertan didn't play. Not sure if he has recovered from the injury suffered in pre-season although MEN thinks he has.

For those who didn't watch the game yesterday' date=' we won 3-1:D Macheda(x2) and Cleverly with the goals. Eikrem (who I didn't realise was the captain despite the likes of Carrick, Neville, Anderson, Gibson, Brown etc. playing) was brilliant. Set up Macheda for his first and 2nd goal both finished very well by Kiko. Cleverly was a bit wasteful missing 2 or 3 chances but finally scored one. Anderson looked a bit off the pace but that's to be expected as he hasn't played for a good few months[/quote']

Is Petrucci still injured? Any info on him?

Purely out of interest why is this thread in General Football. Do you believe your that good that you shouldn't be in the English Football section. Some kind of elite section of the forum for teams that think they're bigger than everybody else?

Mate this is MANCHESTER UNITED thread so only post Man united related news or post it on the second best team in manchester thread ( Manchester city ) ;)

Purely out of interest why is this thread in General Football. Do you believe your that good that you shouldn't be in the English Football section. Some kind of elite section of the forum for teams that think they're bigger than everybody else?

I don't think it should make a huge difference where this thread is created. I believe this was created a long time back and people stuck to it instead of creating a different one. Shouldn't be such a big issue. :)

Forgot this question. He returned from injury last season. He played and scored in one of the youth cup games. He has fallen behind Will Keane though in the pecking order (Keane is very similar to Solskjaer)

Ah the baby faced assassin :rolleyes: (reminiscing, not sarcasm or roll eyes)

Great player.

The date this thread was made: 07-31-2007, 05:57 AM

Does that clear it up for you? :confused::rolleyes::rolleyes:

-------

On a related note, is there any news on VDV/Meireles?

Nothing about VDV/Meireles but Its about Defour Click Link Above on my Quote ^^

Ah thanks, I've never seen him play so I can't really say if he's the sort of midfielder we need at this time.

I know it's only a game but on FM10, his attributes are pretty good, and I doubt they'd be far off what they are in real life.