• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

Re: Official Red Devils thread

I couldnt care anyless about Manchester United' date=' if you didnt realise this is a FOOTBALL forum, and as far as im concerned im discussing football....and i check in whenever there is a result or piece of information that interests me, why would i post on this thread after a 1-0 win against bog standard prem team, i come when the news is interesting win or lose.

Nice little switch by the way, not address my point that your claim that Cities loss against WBA was worse than yours is possibly one of the most inaccurate things on this thread.

Nor do i think you should imply im some anti United fan and try and take the morale high ground, if were taking morale high grounds id question why you even support United.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:[/quote']

I've been here 2 years, it's clearly obvious that this is a football forum, must be really retarded for someone to not think this is one.. :L

Okay, maybe it was maybe it wasn't, but like you said, its a FOOTBALL forum and you will get posts 'you think' are ridiculous.

I wasn't implying you was an anti United fan & i've said on here a few weeks ago that I DON'T support United, hence the sig. I just like/follow them now.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:!

I think you'll find we're level on points. We're just behind you on GD. A win tomorrow puts us 3 points ahead with GD likely in our favour' date=' a draw ahead on points but below on GD. Only a loss would see us stay behind you which would be extremely disappointing.

The CL?!?! You can't even beat Rangers :P[/quote']

No your on the same points (14) and City have a game in hand.

:confused:

My mistake sorry about that. But as of such (probably for a day) we are a head of you. You never know we always seem to quite well in the Cl. I fully expect us to win the group. And we will go from there.

Because United have(arguably)the strongest side or 2nd strongest side atleast in the EPL & won it 11 times? United's side are more experienced' date=' talented(again arguably).[/quote']

But your most talented player isn't performing. History means nothing. Your side nowadays is a shadow of that 10 years ago. Your side is very experienced! So experienced many are on the verge of retiring :P

Based on the first 11 United have, I'd say the 3rd best side in the league behind Chelsea and Arsenal. In terms of management I think Fergie pushes you above Arsenal. You are (well used to be) very good at winning games you didn't deserve to. In terms of squad depth you're very lacking IMO. I wouldn't place you among the top 4 on that basis and depth counts for a lot over the course of the season.

I've been here 2 years' date=' it's clearly obvious that this is a football forum, must be really retarded for someone to not think this is one.. :L

Okay, maybe it was maybe it wasn't, but like you said, its a FOOTBALL forum and you will get posts 'you think' are ridiculous.

I wasn't implying you was an anti United fan & i've said on here a few weeks ago that I DON'T support United, hence the sig. I just like/follow them now.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:![/quote']

Well then one what grounds can you question me posting in this thread, i have never consistently posted on this thread when United have dropped points, usually i wouldnt care, but in games that involve local teams ( you understand that concept dont you ? local teams ?? ) inparticular or a unlikely result ill post, and id like to do so without some Coventry lad claiming im anti man utd and trying to take the morale high ground.

Yeah i know opinions will differ i just usually expect a half decent argument, not " you seem to pop on when united do badly " !!! So dont try and turn this round on me.

If you was implying that why would you say what you did, please explain that to me, as im struggling.

And if you actually want a reasonable debate how about you answer this question in detail, why was Cities loss worse than yours, including the context it was in, importance of the game, where it was played and the strength of the teams.

Please.

Well then one what grounds can you question me posting in this thread' date=' i have never consistently posted on this thread when United have dropped points, usually i wouldnt care, but in games that involve local teams ( you understand that concept dont you ? local teams ?? ) inparticular or a unlikely result ill post, and id like to do so without some Coventry lad claiming im anti man utd and trying to take the morale high ground.

Yeah i know opinions will differ i just usually expect a half decent argument, not " you seem to pop on when united do badly " !!! So dont try and turn this round on me.

If you was implying that why would you say what you did, please explain that to me, as im struggling.

And if you actually want a reasonable debate how about you answer this question in detail, why was Cities loss worse than yours, including the context it was in, importance of the game, where it was played and the strength of the teams.

Please.[/quote']

I said I wasn't calling you a United hater ffs!! Can you see my location? So what you going on about me understanding local team for?! :|

In answer to your question, City's loss was worse because they are now in one less tournament in a hunt for silverware. The importance of the game was big, but United still got a point out of it & remain in the CC, which has them in the top 4 (i think, havn't checked the table) still. United have another 30 odd games to redeem this slip up and I don't think Chelsea will go all season without a slip up, everyteam does. City on the other hand, won't keep up with the 'top 4' this season but will eventually make their mark in it and become apart of it.

Some positives

we're still the only unbeaten side

we're top of of our champions league group

we're not in the relegation zone

we don't play tty football with 3 defensive midfielders

we don't have fugly moaners in our side

we didn't get knocked out be the might WBA in the carling cup

There seems to be an increase in United fans worrying about the way Man City are playing' date=' and looking at where CIty are in the league.

It used to be City fans who looked at their own league position followed by that of United - now United fans seem to have picked up the habit.

There might be a reason for this....but I for one cannot fathom why die hard Man Utd fans would care less where City were in the league or even what system they were playing.

[b']That said[/b], please see my earlier post about my honest views on the current United situation (posted at 7.20pm)

I said I wasn't calling you a United hater ffs!! Can you see my location? So what you going on about me understanding local team for?! :|

In answer to your question' date=' City's loss was worse because they are now in one less tournament in a hunt for silverware. The importance of the game was big, but United still got a point out of it & remain in the CC, which has them in the top 4 (i think, havn't checked the table) still. United have another 30 odd games to redeem this slip up and I don't think Chelsea will go all season without a slip up, everyteam does. City on the other hand, won't keep up with the 'top 4' this season but will eventually make their mark in it and become apart of it.[/quote']

Ok i understand now that your saying you wasnt calling me anti united, then why on earth did you say you only seem to pop on when United lose ??? or are you forgetting that :confused: christ, its not hard to understand, answer my question.

Ok heres why i think your is worse.

Someone has already, correctly stated that Man Utd have had bad starts in the past and have come back strong towards the end of the season, but this season united find themselves in unfamiliar territory, being 5 points behind what they were on last season and more importantly 7 behind Chelsea.

NOTE: Several Man Utd fans commented on Chelsea's start to the season consisting of WBA at home, which they won 6-0, that arguments gone now :rolleyes:

The Carling cup is in no way a priority for City, im not even a city fan and i know that, there sole priority is to finish fourth this season, its where the money is , and its where the clubs chairman and pretty much everyone involved with City wants them to be. As disappointing as a early exit from a cup is, against lower opposition, in the grand scheme of things, it means little to nothing for City and there fans, in one respect this is a rare example of it probably being a positive, they can now concentrate more resources on the league, which is their goal.

Similar to them, your goal is in regards to the EPL, and you want to challenge for the title. Although early days, You know find yourself 7 points behind Chelsea, and dropping points at home to relegation fodder is simply not acceptable. The league holds far more importance of the cup, especially the league cup, and so to some how persuade yourself that Cities loss was worse is ludicrous.

Then take into consideration the strength of the teams United and City put out, Cities side although it included some top players, was not there first team, and contained several young players breaking through or un-used squad rotation players.

Yours in comparison was a much stronger team, and only a fool would not admit that.

So now that iv pointed out the goals of each club, and highlighted the importance of the league, and then mentioned the strength of uniteds and cities team respectively , i move on to my last point.

you were at home , and Man City away.

Your result was worse, its easy for any non deluded, non bias football fan to see.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ok i understand now that your saying you wasnt calling me anti united' date=' then why on earth did you say you only seem to pop on when United lose ??? or are you forgetting that :confused: christ, its not hard to understand, answer my question.

Ok heres why i think your is worse.

Someone has already, correctly stated that Man Utd have had bad starts in the past and have come back strong towards the end of the season, but this season united find themselves in unfamiliar territory, being 5 points behind what they were on last season and more importantly 7 behind Chelsea.

NOTE: Several Man Utd fans commented on Chelsea's start to the season consisting of WBA at home, which they won 6-0, that arguments gone now :rolleyes:

The Carling cup is in no way a priority for City, im not even a city fan and i know that, there sole priority is to finish fourth this season, its where the money is , and its where the clubs chairman and pretty much everyone involved with City wants them to be. As disappointing as a early exit from a cup is, against lower opposition, in the grand scheme of things, it means little to nothing for City and there fans, in one respect this is a rare example of it probably being a positive, they can now concentrate more resources on the league, which is their goal.

Similar to them, your goal is in regards to the EPL, and you want to challenge for the title. Although early days, You know find yourself 7 points behind Chelsea, and dropping points at home to relegation fodder is simply not acceptable. The league holds far more importance of the cup, especially the league cup, and so to some how persuade yourself that Cities loss was worse is ludicrous.

Then take into consideration the strength of the teams United and City put out, Cities side although it included some top players, was not there first team, and contained several young players breaking through or un-used squad rotation players.

Yours in comparison was a much stronger team, and only a fool would not admit that.

So now that iv pointed out the goals of each club, and highlighted the importance of the league, and then mentioned the strength of uniteds and cities team respectively , i move on to my last point.

you were at home , and Man City away.

Your loss was worse, its easy for any non deluded, non bias football fan to see.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:[/quote']

I said you pop on when United slip up along with other fans, not everytime they lose. By saying 'pop on' I was implying that you occasionally come on here.

Carling Cup may not be a priorty, but you want to do your best/well in every comp don't you?

IMO, Winner/Runner up in the EPL has been United's target position EVERY season, and i'm sure, even though they find themselves 7 points behind Chelsea already, they will still be up their, United only lost the title by 1 point last term, which can arguably be said was lost to an offside goal, w.e, surely those are the deluded fans? When United could have easily changed the outcome with avoiding results like Burnley 1-0 United.

& United didn't lose, they drew. But City's loss was worse than the draw, because they are now out of contention for 1 less trophy than rivals are & winning the CC this season could have been a vital turning point in City's future. United still have 20+ games to get their ***** in gear and pull away and catch up with Chelsea, bare in mind they still have 2 fixtures against Chelsea, so saying they won home and away, would easily reduce the gap back to 1 point over 2 games...

At no point did I say United's side was weaker than what City put out against WBA, so rethink that, all I said was that the players they played were not a bunch of under 18 kids.

If United had of lost then I would admit that the result was worse than City, but they drew & not lost.

The only reason I think City's was worse is because United gained something out of the game and City didn't, although it was a slip up for United and a game that they were expected to win comfortably.

There seems to be an increase in United fans worrying about the way Man City are playing' date=' and looking at where CIty are in the league.

It used to be City fans who looked at their own league position followed by that of United - now United fans seem to have picked up the habit.

There might be a reason for this....but I for one cannot fathom why die hard Man Utd fans would care less where City were in the league or even what system they were playing.

[b']That said[/b], please see my earlier post about my honest views on the current United situation (posted at 7.20pm)

Honestly isn't it natural though, I mean I couldn't care less where Wolves are for example and I din't care much about City either until you had the money. You are now up there so it's kinda obvious to see where you are. So please don't throw that crep at me. And yeah I would have thought when you spend that much there would some interest in playing good football or even decent football but obviously not...

The worst thing about this season is I can't really put my finger on what's wrong. We aren't playing badly, scoring plenty of goals and even defending well. Take the game yesterday. 1st half we're comfortable and probs should have scored one more, west Brom have plenty of the ball but that's about it. 2nd half an own goal and a rare freak error for VDS just shattered the confidence. We din't even look like scoring after that. Now people looking at the result will say ah there you go 'poor defending again' butthat was hardly the case. Missed Fletcher as well and I completely blame Scotland's 4-6-0:rolleyes: I didn't expect us to win the league this season but didn't expect this..

Positives are the back 4 looked good. This is probably our best back 4 atm at least aganst most sides in the league.

Someone has already' date=' correctly stated that Man Utd have had bad starts in the past and have come back strong towards the end of the season, but this season united find themselves in unfamiliar territory, being 5 points behind what they were on last season and more importantly 7 behind Chelsea.

NOTE: Several Man Utd fans commented on Chelsea's start to the season consisting of WBA at home, which they won 6-0, that arguments gone now :rolleyes:[/quote']

We're 5 points behind Chelsea not 7. We also beat Chelsea 3-1 quite convincingly I might add in the community shield.

The Carling cup is in no way a priority for City' date=' im not even a city fan and i know that, there sole priority is to finish fourth this season, its where the money is , and its where the clubs chairman and pretty much everyone involved with City wants them to be. [b']As disappointing as a early exit from a cup is, against lower opposition, in the grand scheme of things, it means little to nothing for City and there fans[/b], in one respect this is a rare example of it probably being a positive, they can now concentrate more resources on the league, which is their goal.

Well I have news for ya. There were so many City fans NOT at all pleased with mancini for putting out the team he did. Of course they still have 2 other cups but especially with the results in the last round City fans were dissapointed.

West Brom are not relegation fodder either. Well at least not according to the table

I honestly don't consider Arsenal much of threat this season. I did at the start but they got easily beaten at Chelsea and West Brom actually beat them at the Emirates. They will slip up too much to win the league, yet again. Chelsea are a classy team but Aston Villa and City are the only challenges they have faced so far and haven't won against either. City look sharp and dangerous but will they keep it up come May who knows. As for our situation, I must admit I'm a bit worried. Rooney is just not performing at all. And last season we played off Rooney, everything was built around him. Valencia was also our main player last season and he is out until late Feb. Plus our defence is leaking goals against poorer opposition so when we play City and Chelsea, I will be worried because im not sure if we have the bite of pace and strength going forward as we did when Rooney was in form and when we had Ronaldo.

When United could have easily changed the outcome with avoiding results like Burnley 1-0 United.

And Burnley could have avoided relegation by winning 10 other games, Spurs could have won the league if they hadn't conceded a goal all season and Ruban Kazan could have won the ECL if they hadn't been knocked out lol

There seems to be an increase in United fans worrying about the way Man City are playing' date=' and looking at where CIty are in the league.[/b']

That said, please see my earlier post about my honest views on the current United situation (posted at 7.20pm)

LOVIN IIT!

You say we're worried were you are? Whenever we slip up your one of the first to post.

If a team sat back and did nothing against you like Rangers did against us I doubt you'd get anywhere with your 3 holding midfielders :L!

LOVIN IIT!

You say we're worried were you are? Whenever we slip up your one of the first to post.

If a team sat back and did nothing against you like Rangers did against us I doubt you'd get anywhere with your 3 holding midfielders :L!

Could you post links to the threads where I have been one of the first to post after you slipped lot slipped up. Cheers

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/17/wayne-rooney-manchester-united

And here was me thinking that the guardian was a half decent paper.

Anyway United have denied these reports. But its definitely an interesting few weeks ahead.

Its not just the Guardian mate its every English newspaper with the same story tomorrow morning

It really is every single paper :o They even announced it on MOTD2.

Makes you wonder who's lying: the Guardian who can lose a lot of credibility' date=' or United who are trying to reassure fans that they can keep hold of their top players...[/quote']

I'd like to know where they got the story from though, the way I read it in Guardian was as if they were just spouting nonsense to sell papers but if it's in others then it does make you wonder.

I doubt he'd leave in January either, end of season is a possibility though and I'm actually starting to accept it may happen...

I'd like to know where they got the story from though' date=' the way I read it in Guardian was as if they were just spouting nonsense to sell papers but if it's in others then it does make you wonder.

I doubt he'd leave in January either, end of season is a possibility though and I'm actually starting to accept it may happen...[/quote']

No smoke without fire :o

I also doubt he'll go in January. You'll probably resolve differences and he'll sign a new contract actually but hey, worst comes to worst and you can sell the world's most under-performing striker to Madrid for millions :P

BBC reporting that Rooney has officially notified Man Utd that he will not sign a new contract - I didn't realise his contract was almost up - Rooney on a free....

...too good to be true surely

Still 20 months left on that contract, but looks likely Man U will try and sell on ASAP. Can't imagine many clubs who would be able to afford him or willing to offer the substantial fee Man U will be looking for in Janurary, but by the same token Man U surely wouldn't want to wait till the summer as the fee they get will drop more. Rooney to City? :eek: