Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Red Devils thread

Whatever happens it won't happen until January, at the earliest, so not really sure why everyone is responding to the rumours. Guardian had a live blog going from what I can see. Pointless!

The most likely thing is that Rooney either wants to force more money out of united, or force himself into the starting 11.

• Replies 43.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

Guys I really don't see the comparison with Ronaldo relevant in this situation! He had always dreamed of playing for Madrid, and said many times that he would one day sign with them plus that's what his mum wanted, but Rooney being an English player can only stay at United. That being said, if it is a serious row with Fergie he will leave (really doubt it would be to City though) as were the cases with Beckham,Stam,RVN,Keane,Tevez... If you go against Fergie there will always be one winner, but if Rooney and Ferguson can sort their differences out Rooney will stay im sure ;)

In the past I have used my (limited ability) art work to create jokes about Susan Boyle joining Liverpool, Frank Lampards England "goal" and to show Desperate Dan wearing a City shirt....

...I honestly think my latest effort would cause a riot if it ever hit the streets of Manchester

Rooney.jpg

Will that ever happen - very very very highly unlikely

We all seem to be forgetting' date=' Wayne Rooney is a human, contrary to popular Shrek beliefs.

He will have to learn a new language, he will have to withstand torrents of abuse from England supporters if he leaves the Premier League and England to go to Spain, (which will even more affirm the ideas that La Liga is the world's best league, above the Premier League).[/quote']

I'm pretty sure only United fans would get on his back actually. I couldn't care less where he goes (assuming it's not to us).

As I have realised while typing this, this story COULD be a cover-up for the rift between Wayne and Colleen, this may be a cunning plan cooked up by the Old Trafford hierarchy to help Rooney get out of this tumultuous period in his life. They MAY be trying to cast public eye on United rather than the Rooney's broken marriage.

I'm not saying that what is being said ISN'T true, I am merely stating MY OPINION that these two crucial events have occured too near together to be mere coincidence.

barrel.gif

Go on... have a scrape ;)

Tabloids making a pink elephant out of a squirrel with the whole Rooney 'saga'.

Can't see him moving to Spain' date=' I mean can you imagine how difficult it would be for him to learn a new language... ;)[/quote']

If he has said he won't sign a new contract then that's pretty big news. Where he goes is relatively insignificant. The headlines are catching the eyes of worried United fans, not fans of other clubs saying "Hey, he wouldn't be a bad buy".

If he has said he won't sign a new contract then that's pretty big news. Where he goes is relatively insignificant. The headlines are catching the eyes of worried United fans' date=' not fans of other clubs saying "Hey, he wouldn't be a bad buy".[/quote']

When I see the interview where he says he won't sign a new contract I'll believe it.

When I read it in a paper that puts t*ts and the X Factor in front of budget cuts I'll remain decidedly sceptic.

When I see the interview where he says he won't sign a new contract I'll believe it.

When I read it in a paper that puts t*ts and the X Factor in front of budget cuts I'll remain decidedly sceptic.

No paper will get that because United will tell him to button it.

When did the Guardian ever contain tits? Does the BBC have the X Factor as its leading story? The rumours are everywhere; not just the red tops.

Didnt realise the Guardian and other broadsheet newspapers had some soft p0rno in them !

Might switch papers :eek::rolleyes:

This isnt just the Sun, this is widespread throughout the media, even organisations such as the BBC are making reports on it, and rarely do they get involved in such trivial rumours etc.

Im pretty sure there is a element of truth in this, there simply has to be. Either way i couldnt care, tis interesting though

BBC News covered it too - they aren't generally known to flirt about in the footie gossip areas.

That said - no-one has yet quoted a source other than 'sources'

If I was Rooney I would honestly be considering playing abroad - the tax rate here in the UK is 50% for people like him - and 20% in Spain

Playing in Spain would also give him and his family a respite from the daily tabloid intrusion.

When did the Guardian ever contain t*ts?

I am pretty sure they did a Springwatch section with Bill Oddie last year - had loads of lovely pictures

07-great_tit.jpg

No paper will get that because United will tell him to button it.

When did the Guardian ever contain tits? Does the BBC have the X Factor as its leading story? The rumours are everywhere; not just the red tops.

If Rooney wants to move, I doubt United will be able to stop him from coming out with it, not unless they've got a really big colouring book; and although the broadsheets collude with the tabloids, it don't make it gospel truth. I trust Rooney will say summat if he's looking out, I'm pretty sure Ronaldo made it clear he wanted out, and aside from gossip there's nowt there.

I'd love the 'close sources' mentioned in these articles, but I think they're more likely to be workers in the United Gift Shop than 'real' insiders. ;)

I'd love the 'close sources' mentioned in these articles' date=' but I think they're more likely to be workers in the United Gift Shop than 'real' insiders. ;)[/quote']

Or me in the Bishops Blaize lol

I've been interviewed TWICE as a United fan - I once said that I thought Andrei Kanchelskis was the best ever "United number 7" (he played 14)

Nothing's even happened yet, but it's interesting to see we've already almost covered the 7 stages of grief:

SHOCK

Couldn't find an appropriate example

DENIAL

I think most of us ignore the other side of the story and forget that British press would do almost anything for a good story these days. Let's remember that in the past Rooney has numerous times stated that he's at United for life and nothing will ever change that. Another thing' date=' nothing has been mentioned on the official website, making this nothing but rumours in the press, trying to wind up and unsettle Manchester United supporters. I think Wayne is smarter than that, he understands the responsibility he is carrying on his shoulders.[/quote']

BARGAINING

We all seem to be forgetting' date=' Wayne Rooney is a human, contrary to popular Shrek beliefs.

He will have to learn a new language, he will have to withstand torrents of abuse from England supporters if he leaves the Premier League and England to go to Spain, (which will even more affirm the ideas that La Liga is the world's best league, above the Premier League).

As I have realised while typing this, this story COULD be a cover-up for the rift between Wayne and Colleen, this may be a cunning plan cooked up by the Old Trafford hierarchy to help Rooney get out of this tumultuous period in his life. They MAY be trying to cast public eye on United rather than the Rooney's broken marriage.

I'm not saying that what is being said ISN'T true, I am merely stating MY OPINION that these two crucial events have occured too near together to be mere coincidence.[/quote']

GUILT

Not yet

ANGER

What an absolute moron. Lost for words:(

How the **** can he ignore the support and sympathy he received (something which he did not deserve)

I'd like to think though that hes waiting for things to calm down before signing a new contract' date=' unlikely though:([/quote']

DEPRESSION

Like I said last night' date=' I've now even become more accustom to the fact that Rooney may actually leave. Its definitely heart-breaking stuff it he does leave as hes been a hero here now for years. I'm just wondering if he does leave, who can we really get to replace him? (Yes this is how far down the line I am actually thinking now...) You can lose one star player and just about get away with a superstar to fill his boots but if Rooney leaves theres nobody to step.[/quote']

HOPE

Look' date=' Fergie has come out and said its waffle. Its probably just adding to the fire of media Rooney is already in. Rooney will sign a new contract soon im almost certain.

Even if we did sell him this time we would get Benzema or Higuain off Madrid and possibly another.[/quote']

I just wanted to offer my services in case it gets too much for any Man U fans and actually turns out to be true :)

PS Afterall, I've been through all the stages myself recently with my own beloved club :(

Nothing's even happened yet' date=' but it's interesting to see we've already almost covered the 7 stages of grief:

[b']SHOCK[/b]

Couldn't find an appropriate example

DENIAL

BARGAINING

GUILT

Not yet

ANGER

DEPRESSION

HOPE

I just wanted to offer my services in case it gets too much for any Man U fans and actually turns out to be true :)

PS Afterall, I've been through all the stages myself recently with my own beloved club :(

First off we are Man United.

So - sources very close to the club say Rooney wants to leave...the source is Sir Alex Ferguson

Something a little disturbing for the Glazers though - Rooney has been at United for 6 years....meaning that at the end of this season he can buy himself out of his contract for the value remaining on his contract...approx £5mill (it's called the Webster Ruling - similar to Bosman rule)

Rooney.jpg

Would I want the above poster? Not sure....