Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Red Devils thread

i think this news that totti aint gonna play might be good for roma. I mean man utd gonna play prob hargreaves who might keep totti in his pockets and roma also try to play through totti and never like play through wings even tho mancini and taddei are world class.

You do have a point there mate. Generally the Roma gane revoloves around Totti just like the arsenal game used to revolove around Henry. Maybe the Totti injury will allow Roma to open up a bit and attack down the wings (as u said) and who knows they might just play better wothout totti like Arseanl are playing better without Henry !!!

Like always ronaldo scores again.

Hes bloody 23 its kinda scary lol hes imrpving from season to season

Yup he's just getting better and better. Really scary how good he's becoming :P:D

Yepp they are second in Serie A and are a very good side. I heard about Totti being doubtful but they still are a great team. We have to watch out for De Rossi' date=' he can be very dirty at times:p .lol. He can Ronaldo out:p :o:P[/quote']

but also there are times were de rossi can play amazing and make great tackles and keep great player out of the game e.g. robinho

but also there are times were de rossi can play amazing and make great tackles and keep great player out of the game e.g. robinho

Indeed. Not doubting that at all. Hes an absolute class player. I really do like him. Hes one of them perfect defensive midfielders. They dont come by easily nowadays. We can certainly afford to chuck Carrick (or hargreaves) out and get him to Old Trafford:p :o

What a performance by United!

Sir Alex got his tactics spot on. Ronaldo scored a fantastic goal. He was like a speeding train coming in for that header. Van der Sar made some superb saves. Great score. Who knows, there might be another thrashing in store for Roma at Old Trafford? Cant wait!

Apart from the superb goal Ronaldo didn't really do much but United became more defensive and went a little deeper, like Rooney dropping back, so that's understandable. I think he will have a field day at Old Trafford. Spalletti was completely out-thought and his team out-fought.

another match which shows why english teams are better the italien teams.

I thought roma were abit unlucky with there miss of totti but then they had an open goal which panucci missed and they had few other good chances where teams like lpool etc would have scored it.

but anywwayz lets watch the next game in old trafford.

Bernd Schuster believes Real Madrid could sign Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo 'in a couple of years'.

Ronaldo has been in sensational form for United this season and took his tally to 36 goals for the campaign when opening the scoring against Roma in the first leg of the UEFA Champions League quarter-final on Tuesday night.

He has long been a target for Spanish champions Real and coach Schuster admitted last summer to dreaming of signing the Portugal international.

Schuster would relish the opportunity to see Ronaldo in a white shirt for Real and feels it will happen at some point in the player's career.

But Schuster also acknowledged that there is little prospect of an imminent deal for the 23-year-old, at least until he wins the Champions League with United.

"The best thing in this sort of situation is to be realistic," Schuster told AS.

"Cristiano Ronaldo right now is a 10 out of 10, the best in the world, but I don't see Manchester United as being in the business of selling.

"In the short term I can not see it being feasible, but I say that, in a couple of years, I think he may wear the white shirt at the Bernabeu.

"He is the star at Old Trafford and, until he wins a Champions League and some more Premier League titles, they are not going to allow him to escape.

"For me, Cristiano Ronaldo has already overtaken Kaka after the Brazilian's slump in Milan this season.

"Some day, he will be with us."

Have to admit, I can see it happening ;)

As much as I hate to say Ronaldo may be gone after 2 or 3 years time:(

I have faith that he will stay with us. If he goes after money, that would be low on his part. w/e ppl may say.... we made him into the star he is today:p and i think he will stay because of Carlos Queiroz.lol. jkjk.

Ronaldo himself said he would love to play in La Liga one day and it's obvious Real are interested in him. Who isn't?!

I can see him staying at United for another 4 seasons. He may go sooner though if he gets bored with the Premiership and wants a new challenge. He has after all won all the domestic trophies available. However he really wants to win the Champions League and he can achieve that this season with Utd. If Utd do just that, I think it will prolong his stay. If they don't win it this season I think he will stay on another while and try to win it with United but if they don't I think he will soon move to another big club like Real or Milan, who can match his ambition.

He should stay at Man Utd for a few more seasons, but as we have seen with Man Utd before, when they sold there star players, Van Nistlerooy, Beckham, ect. It didnt seem to affect them so much, as they have the cash to bring in new stars, and ofcourse, they have young stars coming in all the time. Imo Ronaldo is a different class to Beckham and Ruud, but if he was to leave i dont think it would affect them so much.

We drew 2 all wih boro last night. :(

Missed the match but all i can say is that itwas a really sad result. I saw the goals and form what i read and heard on the the net it seem s like our defence was in realy bad shape without Vidic. :(

That is not a good sign at all. Now thats he's out for a couple of weeks and Ferdinhand will be out a against Roma i can only hope that we managee to draw the game or loose 1-0 :(. We did manage to draw the game against them in the group stages of the CL at Roma with a very weak squad and i just hope we do manage to get the same result this time as well.

It's going to be a really hard game for us against roma. Hope we go through. Coming back to the EPL we are still 6 points ahead of the gunners but only 3 ahead of chelsea. Chelsa have a veryy good chance of stealing the title form us and the way things look now the game at the Bridge between chelsea and united may just be the game that decides the outcome of the season. Chelsea are looking good imo. Yes they did draw to Fenerbache(sry bout the spelling :o) but in the EPL they have looked really good and still have a great chance of winning the title. Things are going all wrong for us ATM and i just hope that we can scrape through these few weeks without much harm. ;):D

We drew 2 all wih boro last night. :(

Missed the match but all i can say is that itwas a really sad result. I saw the goals and form what i read and heard on the the net it seem s like our defence was in realy bad shape without Vidic. :(

That is not a good sign at all. Now thats he's out for a couple of weeks and Ferdinhand will be out a against Roma i can only hope that we managee to draw the game or loose 1-0 :(. We did manage to draw the game against them in the group stages of the CL at Roma with a very weak squad and i just hope we do manage to get the same result this time as well.

It's going to be a really hard game for us against roma. Hope we go through. Coming back to the EPL we are still 6 points ahead of the gunners but only 3 ahead of chelsea. Chelsa have a veryy good chance of stealing the title form us and the way things look now the game at the Bridge between chelsea and united may just be the game that decides the outcome of the season. Chelsea are looking good imo. Yes they did draw to Fenerbache(sry bout the spelling :o) but in the EPL they have looked really good and still have a great chance of winning the title. Things are going all wrong for us ATM and i just hope that we can scrape through these few weeks without much harm. ;):D

They lost to Fenerbahce mate:p , they lost 2-1.lol. Yepp, tough times ahead without our key central defenders. I dont rely on O'shea to get a job done and he will almost certainly be playing CB now:( . I hope we can manage it over Roma but the EPL looks shaky for us ATM.:(

They lost to Fenerbahce mate:p ' date=' they lost 2-1.lol. Yepp, tough times ahead without our key central defenders. I dont rely on O'shea to get a job done and he will almost certainly be playing CB now:( . I hope we can manage it over Roma but the [b']EPL looks shaky for us ATM[/b].:(

Really sorry mate. Don't know what i was thinking when i wrote that. Managed to see the whole darn match. They were showing only that match in Germany not Arsenal Liverpool :eek::confused::P

Chelsea have pretty much come out of nowhere. It's like last easons Laliga. It was always Barca Sevilla Barca Sevilla and then Real madrid came out of nowhere and bagged the title :P.

We could be i nfor the same thing here asa well. The entire season it ws manu arsenal and all of a suddden chelsea come into the picture. ;)

Personally i would not mind if Chelsea won. Anyone except for Arseanl :P but then again we still have a great chance of retining the title and hope we can do it successfully ;)