• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

Re: Official Red Devils thread

brilliant!

My brilliance in the area of sarcasm has never been disputed lol

On another note

I see Ian Holloway has been raging about player power and how it is a diusgrace that a player can do this sort of thing to a club - and I am sure that many of you will agree or disagree...

..my point here though...

In 2007 Holloway was offered the Plymouth job, and did reasonable well.

He then resigned from his contract and joined Leicester City...

Surely if Plymoth hadn't given him the chance and resources to do the Argyle job well he would never have had an opportunity to move to another club...and break the contract he signed with them...

Big contradiction from the normally likeable Mr Holloway

"We are aware that there is intense public and media interest on the club at the moment, but there are no developments of note to report today. I can confirm a number of meetings have taken place today, including with the player's representative. The outcome of those meetings will become clear in the near future. In the meantime, fans are asked to be patient."

Elsewhere if anyone out here is suffering from insomnia tune into the Liverpool game

Funniest thing ever' date=' Rooney has to stay now :D:P

the Daily Telegraph today posted Hodgsons quotes on Torres to United, he basically said they would cross that bridge when they come to it, ie not ruling out a move for him. Also they linked us with Benzema and [b']Kaka.[/b] I actually think Kaka is exactly what we need a good creative midfielder. Anyone else agree?

Did anyone "truely" believe he was going to leave though? Rooney obviously wanted a bigger contract and I'm guessing it worked

Copied John Terry in doing exactly the same thing, when he used Man City as bait in wanting a bigger contract from Chelsea. You can go back to calling him the white pele now, bunch of bloody hypocrites.

So all along Rooney was just playing a game to get more money... and it worked. That's the sort of person Rooney is tbf. A greedy, cheating scumbag. I'd be interested to know how much money Rooney made from his strop.

I wonder how many 'fans' are sticking to what they've said about Rooney in the last 10 pages of this thread. Or maybe they're as quick to change an opinion about a player as they are to change allegiances with the club they support.

So your saying if Tevez said he wanted to leave because City lacked ambition and that your manager of 24 years ( never going to happen :P ) who won numerous trophies hadn't the ability to attract anymore big name players to the club, that you wouldn't be in the slightest bit angry?

So all along Rooney was just playing a game to get more money... and it worked. That's the sort of person Rooney is tbf. A greedy' date=' cheating scumbag. I'd be interested to know how much money Rooney made from his strop.

[b']I wonder how many 'fans' are sticking to what they've said about Rooney in the last 10 pages of this thread. Or maybe they're as quick to change an opinion about a player as they are to change allegiances with the club they support.[/b]

I'll be sticking with what I said.

Why do you have to insult every fan with your generalisations. First time I went to Old Trafford was against Swansea in 1981. Been a loyal supporter ever since.

Get back to crying about you relegation battle troll. What a joke...

What I wanna know is - what have ManUtd said to Rooney, in-order to convince him to ink a 5 year deal?

This guy questioned the clubs ambitions, in some senses took a swipe at some of the players, especially those 'potential-based' players, saying the future of the club doesn't look all that rosy, questioning whether the club has what it takes to wins trophies. Clearly something has been said to make him think otherwise. Have they promised new signings? Or has he realized over the past few days that he'd find no better place than Manchester United? Really looking forward to hearing from him. I hope they get down to the nitty gritty and don't keep schtum, questions still have to be answered.

Other than that, happy for Utd and the fans, he would have found no better place had he left.