Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Red Devils thread

Mate we do have defenders but i maen they are really young and inexperienced atm. We needs some quality players. I'm not saying we need a couple of really big names. All i'm saying is that we nned a couple of good experience defenders who will be able to fill up-incase of injury or suspension-for the main squad players. ;)

And about the other postions.......well' date=' we really will have a bit of a tought start to the season but i really think htat we will be able to manage. Just hope Rooney and the others are back fast, till them i guess we will have to make do with the youngsters. ;):)

BTW great to see you back REDDEVILFC, not been on the forum for quite a while ;)........tbh i have not been much here either...... :P[/quote']

Agree with the defenders part but what we desperately need is a striker be it Berbatov,Huntelaar or santa cruz

Looks like Valencia rejected a bid from Manu for David Silva.Shame really as he is a good player but in a way not worst thing to happen either as even he is not a out an out striker that is if you can consider him a striker in the first place.

I have some good news :D

Anderson managed to score in the olympics when Brazil beat New Zealand (I think) 5-0.

Season starts Saturday (4pm for United)...cant wait

Just a bit of news for the season start :

According to a few newspapers and website, Berbatov could become a United player before Sunday :eek:

Also some very good news - Rooney has overcome his virus and will be fit to start against Newcastle.

Finally, here are the squad numbers for this season. You will notice a few new names their :

1.Van der Sar, 2.Neville, 3.Evra, 4.Hargreaves, 5.Ferdinand, 6.Brown, 7.Ronaldo, 8.Anderson, 9.Saha, 10.Rooney, 11.Giggs, 12.Foster, 13.Park, 15.Vidic, 16.Carrick, 17.Nani, 18.Scholes, 19.Welbeck, 20.Fabio, 21.Rafael, 22.O'Shea, 23.Evans, 24.Fletcher, 26.Manucho, 27.Silvestre, 28.Gibson, 29.Kuszczak, 31.Campbell, 32.Tevez, 33.Hewson, 34.Possebon, 35.Cleverley, 36.Gray, 37.Cathcart, 38.Zieler, 39.Chester, 40.Amos, 41.Macheda

Well guys, we drew the first game of the season to toon. :(

Hard luck. We did have some good chances and i think we shoukld have done better. The marking when we conceded the goals was awful !!! :eek:

Given kept really well. Made some reallt fine saves, he even saved one with his head lol :P

Campbell played pretty descently. Nothing great but not bad either. His headrer was good (the one that Given saved with his head) but otherwise he played descently. Hope we pull up our socks and put up a much better performance against Pompey and pick up all three points. We will just have to wait and watch.

BTW is Berba comin or not. From what i see he wants to come but Spurs are reluctant to sell him. Lets just hope that we manage to sign him soon. ;)

Man united must be really fast.When i mean fast i mean darn fast we need to sign a striker who can score regulsrly not a striker that plays like tevez.There are some strikers they shuld try out that are not famous otherwise this terrible form will continue it is ridiculous one moment we were thrashing newcastle 6-0 the next drawing with these losers???:eek:

I thought United looked very short of any talent in front of goal. Last season they relied on Cristiano Ronaldo way too much for goals and imo are desperate for a good goal scorer.

I think Rooney is more of a support striker then a goal scorer and better suited to a Kaka role and the same goes for Tevez really although he is a fairly good poacher :)

Berbatov will probably be the striker unveiled within a week and I think that will enable United to win the league and possibly retain the CL too.

------------------Van Der Saar--------------

Brown-------Vidic-------------Ferdinand---Evra

--------------------Carrick---------------------

----Ronaldo----------------------------Giggs----

-------------Rooney-------Tevez---------------

--------------------Berbatov-------------------

That would for me be the perfect line up within United. Nani can come in and play the wings too, Hargreaves and Carrick swapping, Scholes coming in for Tevez or Rooney and the same as Anderson and also Campbell can get some minutes every game for Berba etc.

Don't think there's any need to panic really. Last season we only had 2 points in the first 3 games and we still won the league. And with half the side injured,Tevez unavailable and Anderson at the olympics we still dominated the toon and should have probs won the olympics.

If Berbatov indeed signs for us he is gonna get lots of goals that's for sure. atm we create lots of chances but don't score many so a central striker should help.

We played pretty well last night against Pompey. We managed to creat quite a few chances. We only lacked the finishing touch.IMO Rooney should have scored atleast one goal with the chances the two decent chances that he got. ;)

As ASH said above Evra needs to improve his defending. He was brilliant coming up but pretty poor defencively. ;)

BTW we sold Silves to Asrenal !!!! What is SAF doing. He's selling on defender after another !!! I really have no clue what he is thinking by selling the defenders one by one. First Pique to Barca, then Simpson on loan and now Silvestre.

Anyway end of the day, it was a good result for us. Lets hope we can win our next game against L'pool. ;)

BTW we sold Silves to Asrenal !!!! What is SAF doing. He's selling on defender after another !!! I really have no clue what he is thinking by selling the defenders one by one. First Pique to Barca' date=' then Simpson on loan and now Silvestre. [/quote']

There is still time for him to surprise us with one or two quality signings. Veloso maybe... who knows.

:)

I can't get what SAF is doing. He's sold Saha and though he was injury prone he was a good player to have once he was fit and now there are reports coming about Hull wanting Campbell and ready to pay a good price I feel SAF might sell him like Rossi. And it's more than likely that Berbatov won't come our striking department would only comprise of Tevez and Rooney:o :(

I am shocked that Man utd havent signed anyone they sold saha and have only 3 strikers and none of them have scored this season and campbell is too young to play alot of matches and saha was the only proper targetman they have and now hes gone..

He better buy

Berbatov

Huntelaar

or any good targetman quickly otherwise i doubt man utd can win anythink this season as there depth aint good as chelseas or arsenals.

Don't think there's any need to panic really. Last season we only had 2 points in the first 3 games and we still won the league. And with half the side injured' date='Tevez unavailable and Anderson at the olympics [b']we still dominated the toon[/b] and should have probs won the olympics.

If Berbatov indeed signs for us he is gonna get lots of goals that's for sure. atm we create lots of chances but don't score many so a central striker should help.

man utd didnt dominate the toon, tbh u were pretty poor with only a few chances and we cud hav easily won that game had the ref did his job properly

Yeah i really agree with u guys. SAF needs to buy a center foward, and fast. The clock is ticking (tick-tock :P). He needs to seal the Berbatov deal ASAP or we will have a troubled season ahead.

About Saha. Well i did not like to guy much tbh, but i think we needed him. Apart from him we ony have Rooney and Tevez. Campbell is there but he is still yound and really need to imporve. So again not a great move on SAF's part. ;)

To make matters worse we just lost 2-1 in the UEFA Super cup to Zenit. :( And our only goal scorere was Vidic. :rolleyes: As mentioned above not a single strikler has scored since the season has started. And that is horrible news.

Lets just hope and pray that things get better for us soon !!! ;)

If berbs doesnt come united will have a hell of a time trying to get the title.

The only attacking player i have seen who is actually playing Football is Tevez. The bloke doesnt give up. He is carrying the attack but he cant keep doing it himself, he needs help, rooney needs someone to play ahead of him and SAF playing him out wide isnt helping his playing ability. Berbatov needs to come right now

Well guys great news !!! Berbatov has signed a 4 year contract with us !!! What a relief !!! The deal did see Campball going the other way on loan and we did pay approx. 30.75 million pounds, but i really think it was a good deal. Yesterday when i saw that man city had made an offer for Berba which was accpeted, i felt really nervous. But thank God Berba has come !!! :D:P

Can't wait to see Berba playing against L'pool. ;):)

That makes up for Campbell then :P

Can't wait to see him on his debut. For Me' date=' Manucho getting his work permit is like buying another player lol[/quote']

Yup i totally agree with ya. Great news. Hope he can adapt well to manu's style of playing and the speed at which the games are played in the premier league. Lets just hope that he is a success. ;):)

Well up till now we have not really got any great results. Started the EPL of slowly (just like last season). Have won only one game so far. :(

We lost to Liverpool 2-1 after ages. We started off with a bang and played ok in the first half but were outplayed in the second. So another loss for us. :(

Toinght we face Villareal in the CL. Luckily for us this ghame is at home. It will be a really though game but i really hope that we can get a win. We really do need this win and i'm sure that SAF would have got the Manu squad all fired up for this one. A win tonight will mean alot as irt really will be a confidence booster. ;)

We have a really strong squad and i'm sure that we are more than capable of getting a win tonight. Lets just hope and pray that we get a positive result thist time. :)