Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Red Devils thread

Wow. I can't think of a reason I'd want to cheer a Liverpool goal. I was at Anfield when they beat Villa 5-0' date=' sitting with a few of my Liverpool supporting mates in the Anfield road end just a few rows back.. but not once did I consider cheering, or even clapping a goal. If you watch the replays I'm sure you can see a guy barley move when Gerrard scored a pen, although I did get out of my seat when Riera scored but that was a great goal :o I did clap when Friedel got sent off though.

[/quote']

Well, I was about 9 or 10, didn't have the same passion for United and hatred for Liverpool as I may have gained in the past 5 years, but seeing Steven Gerrard score a 25 yard half-volley is pretty nice to see live. And it doesn't help when there's a Scouser behind you quietly threatening you if you don't cheer especially voiciferously....

Don't know how much truth there is to it, but If Ferguson would pull this of, it would be one of our best recent signings.

http://www.crunchsports.com/category/Soccer/Manchester-United-to-sign-Sergio-Busquets-from-FC-Barcelona-201101110018/

Apparently Busquets has got some issues with Barcelona and they're looking to offload him to make space for Fabregas and Macherano.

I can see Hargreaves leave us in summer and Busq would be a top replacement. But to be honest I can't see this happening, not until summer anyway...

Don't know how much truth there is to it' date=' but If Ferguson would pull this of, it would be one of our best recent signings.

[url']http://www.crunchsports.com/category/Soccer/Manchester-United-to-sign-Sergio-Busquets-from-FC-Barcelona-201101110018/[/url]

Apparently Busquets has got some issues with Barcelona and they're looking to offload him to make space for Fabregas and Macherano.

I can see Hargreaves leave us in summer and Busq would be a top replacement. But to be honest I can't see this happening, not until summer anyway...

Hargreaves has already been told they won't be offering him a contract - a source close to the club told me :D

It was a guy called Dave in the local pub - but it's only 200yards from OT so thats pretty close :D (this bits sarcasm for those not in the know)

Bad News. Evra suffered a knee injury in training today and is 50-50 for tomorrow. O'Shea and Fabio played for the reserves during the weak so it would be interesting who gets the nod IF Evra is not fit. Hopefully hes fit though as Lennon is the one who causes us trouble every time we play Spurs. Don't thing we can afford ANOTHER draw tomorrow after today's results. Interesting to note pretty much everyone has Spurs down to win...

Also have it on good authority that Ravel Morrison has been suspended after missing training for a couple of days. Starting to wonder if hes worth all the trouble. Has all the potential to be a United great but wouldn't surprise me if the we get rid

Van der Sar, Rafael Da Silva, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Nani, Carrick, Fletcher, Giggs, Berbatov, Rooney.

Subs: Kuszczak, Owen, Anderson, Smalling, Hernandez, Scholes, Evans

Not sure why Anderson isnt playing, been on fire recently, neither less thats a very strong team and one that should overcome Spurs

Initially thought Mike Dean was right but he obviously got it wrong. Sick of how defensive we are. Rafael was probably our best attacking player that's how poor we were. Rooney at Right Wing back!!! Ridiculous

Hope Rafa can recover from this 'cos hes been fantastic all season

Not a booking but as Alan said it was coming :(.

How the heck was that a red card i'll never know. There has been worse eg. Neville twice this season.

What are the lads on about the Liverpool thread :rolleyes:. Gray's right it's a foul at most never a booking.:eek:

yeah as clueless as all the ex Liverpool players in the media. They accuse the media of being bias to us when in fact most of them are up Liverpools backside. The commentary in the FA cup game was cringeworthy.

Initially thought Mike Dean was right but he obviously got it wrong. Sick of how defensive we are. Rafael was probably our best attacking player that's how poor we were. Rooney at Right Wing back!!! Ridiculous

Hope Rafa can recover from this 'cos hes been fantastic all season

yeah as clueless as all the ex Liverpool players in the media. They accuse the media of being bias to us when in fact most of them are up Liverpools backside. The commentary in the FA cup game was cringeworthy.

The commentary on Sky Sports every match with Andy Gray is cringeworthy

It may just be me, but when I'm watching a football game, whether It's United or anyone else I don't notice any bias comments from specific commentators. Could someone just give me a few examples from Andy Gray because I just probably don't pick up on them as I'm too much into the game.

It may just be me' date=' but when I'm watching a football game, whether It's United or anyone else I don't notice any bias comments from specific commentators. Could someone just give me a few examples from Andy Gray because I just probably don't pick up on them as I'm too much into the game.[/quote']

Try listening to 5live commentry some time. Alan Green always tends to be bias towards one side.