• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

Re: Official Red Devils thread

I think long term you need a CB too - Ferdinand won't last forever' date=' and even if Smalling comes good you need some decent backup[/quote']

Yeah I wanted to say that too,but someone would wrote "then you need hole new team" :)..

And I would add also one more keeper xD like Neuer or Adler or De Gea.

If honest - he is exactly the sort of player you guys need to replace Scholes or Giggs.

They will be near impossible to replace properly - but Bale is young and has tons of talent

Be interesting to see how Spurs handle that approach, because they are rapidly becoming a feeder club for Utd. If Spurs have any ambition of becoming a bigger force in the prem ie rather than fighting for 4th 5th 6th position - to fighting for the title they need to hold on to players like Bale, who's really developed this season beyond all reconision of that average player from before. Also Bales young enough to spend another 2 seasons at Spurs to see what happens there without it damaging his career.

Be interesting to see how Spurs handle that approach' date=' because they are rapidly becoming a feeder club for Utd. If Spurs have any ambition of becoming a bigger force in the prem ie rather than fighting for 4th 5th 6th position - to fighting for the title they need to hold on to players like Bale, who's really developed this season beyond all reconision of that average player from before. Also Bales young enough to spend another 2 seasons at Spurs to see what happens there without it damaging his career.[/quote']

Ahhh a decent comment from a decent Liverpool fan :D

Shame the ones who have never been to Anfield aren't as courteous and well informed

Lol I think a lot of thats to do with age and maturity - I'm old enough to still consider Everton and Arsenal as bigger rivals to Liverpool than Utd :P

I'm old enough to also remember when United were garbage....

Unfortunately they started winning stuff when I moved to Manchester - darn them - and even then I still chose City.

Not sure about that 'age' and 'maturity' thing though - I need to give that a try sometime lol

PS I forgot United need a Goalie too

I know what you mean...

But the precednece has been set by the Carrol transfer

If we pay 40m+ for Bale I'l be shocked and disappointed. we have Valencia whos almost a right footed Bale when fit and Nani whos just better than Bale in every way possible. Not to mention the likes of bebe, park, Obertan, Cleverly and we have more than enough wingers (wouldn't say know to a cheap left footed winger though)

We must get rid of some dead wood before we buy anyone. We have about 8 first team strikers!!!

If we pay 40m+ for Bale I'l be shocked and disappointed. we have Valencia whos almost a right footed Bale when fit and Nani whos just better than Bale in every way possible. Not to mention the likes of bebe' date=' park, Obertan, Cleverly and we have more than enough wingers (wouldn't say know to a cheap left footed winger though)

We must get rid of some dead wood before we buy anyone. We have about 8 first team strikers!!![/quote']

Valencia is class and better than Nani in my opinon, granted Nani has had such a brilliant year while Valencia has been out we have to remember the quality of the crosses he produced last season for Rooney. Rooney became good at heading because of them. Rooney plays better when he is on the right. In my opinon I would have Bale anyday of the week over Nani.

On the note of getting rid of the players. Bebe has to be considered a waste, Obertan isn't good enough and Cleverly is good but I don't think he will ever get in the team with Nani, Valencia and Park there. Bale makes so much sense. He is closer to Giggs than Nani & Valencia will ever be. I can imagine if Bale joined he wouldn't leave whereas I can't see Nani being at Old Trafford for the rest of his career.

We need a goalkeeper of course. De Gea looks the more likely but Neuer has to be first choice. Been brilliant this season and he is young for a keeper. I would have said a CB is needed but after seeing how well Smalling played yesterday and the fact he is only 21, I think we are starting to see promise that wasn't there when he first joined. Jonny Evans still has time to mature aswell. This summer however, Fergie needs to concentrate on getting a LM and a creative midfielder to try and replace Giggs and Scholes.

Valencia is class and better than Nani in my opinon' date=' granted Nani has had such a brilliant year while Valencia has been out we have to remember the quality of the crosses he produced last season for Rooney. Rooney became good at heading because of them. Rooney plays better when he is on the right. In my opinon I would have Bale anyday of the week over Nani.

On the note of getting rid of the players. Bebe has to be considered a waste, Obertan isn't good enough and Cleverly is good but I don't think he will ever get in the team with Nani, Valencia and Park there. Bale makes so much sense. He is closer to Giggs than Nani & Valencia will ever be. I can imagine if Bale joined he wouldn't leave whereas I can't see Nani being at Old Trafford for the rest of his career.

We need a goalkeeper of course. De Gea looks the more likely but Neuer has to be first choice. Been brilliant this season and he is young for a keeper. I would have said a CB is needed but after seeing how well Smalling played yesterday and the fact he is only 21, I think we are starting to see promise that wasn't there when he first joined. Jonny Evans still has time to mature aswell. This summer however, Fergie needs to concentrate on getting a LM and a creative midfielder to try and replace Giggs and Scholes.[/quote']

Bale apart from the 2 Inter games has done nothing much and is pure hype. Nani this season has been a revelation. The excitement when he gets the ball is quite obvious. Valencia and Nani are 2 different players but Nani is quite comfortably the more talented. Both Valencia and Bale are 1 footed where as Nani can go either way. Valencia's crosses are good but the fact is Nani already has more assists than Valencia had in the whole of last season. Valencia assisted 5 of Rooney's goals last season where as Nani assisted 4 last season so no difference there. Respect your opinion but bale ain't even close to nani imo. When defenses play a bit deeper Bale more often than not gets neutralised where as Nani dosen't as he does not rely on pace alone. Nani scores more, creates more and overall a much tougher proposition for a full back. That's not to say Bale is rubbish mind as hes quite a good player. He only has 1 league assist this season.

How is Bebe a waste, hasn't even got a chance yet. Obertan has potential but needs chances which might not be forthcoming. Bale would make sense only if he costs less than 25m which is not happening. You can't have class players as 4th choice I am afraid.

Who else remembers the valencia pinging in pin-perfect crosses onto rooneys meathead when wazza was banging 'em in for fun? Can't wait til he's back.

That was long a feature of United play in the early noughties.

Beckham cross to RVN feet two yards out....it's a devastating weapon to have that type of crossing in your team.

I honestly think I could've got 5-10 a season if Beckham was hitting me from the right like that :D (and PS - I was a goalkeeper lol)

New sig:D..

2 Brazilians, a Mexican and a Scotsman celebrating a Man United goal?

Thats about normal :D

On a slightly similar note...(and not going down the glory hunter blah blah this time)

There were FIVE United fans fighting each other in the Bishop Blaize last night

2 Norwegians versus 1x Scotsman, 1x Northern Irishman + 1x Irishman *

Was good to see the well travelled morons making muppets of themselves

*The Norwegians lost on a points decision by my reckoning

Valencia is class and better than Nani in my opinon' date=' granted Nani has had such a brilliant year while Valencia has been out we have to remember the quality of the crosses he produced last season for Rooney. Rooney became good at heading because of them. Rooney plays better when he is on the right. In my opinon I would have Bale anyday of the week over Nani.

We need a goalkeeper of course. De Gea looks the more likely but Neuer has to be first choice. Been brilliant this season and he is young for a keeper. I would have said a CB is needed but after seeing how well Smalling played yesterday and the fact he is only 21, I think we are starting to see promise that wasn't there when he first joined. Jonny Evans still has time to mature aswell. This summer however, Fergie needs to concentrate on getting a LM and a creative midfielder to try and replace Giggs and Scholes.[/quote']

you need to have faith in your young players (bebe obertan etc.) remember nani a couple pf years ago? everyone was saying he needs to be sold, look at him now hes one of your best players. fergie isnt just going to get rid of them and buy 50 million players to replace them as your hoping for

you need to have faith in your young players (bebe obertan etc.) remember nani a couple pf years ago? everyone was saying he needs to be sold' date=' look at him now hes one of your best players. fergie isnt just going to get rid of them and buy 50 million players to replace them as your hoping for[/quote']

I haven't read what you just posted because you ruined your own credibility yesterday by celebrating a United goal that moved them further clear of Arsenal for a few hours LOOOOOL