Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Red Devils thread

Against tiring non league opposition..saying that - it wasn't so long ago Smalling was playing at that level himself

Rooney picked up a rather daft booking - sure Fergie won't be too elated with that.

All in all you would have expected a United reserves team to beat Crawley comfortably - instead it was 2-3 first teamers and a smattering of reserves who only managed 1-0 win....

Funny to see them walk off to 'Glory Glory Man United' after beating non-league Crawley 1-0.

Hope you guys get another home tie against someone rubbish - not because I want you to win the cup - because I love hearing all the moaning about the compulsory purchase scheme (I guess most here wouldn't know what that is though)

Another dig. Do you have a life other than being obsessed with United fans?

And I bet those people weren't complaining about the Liverpool game. Hypocrites

• Replies 43.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

Another dig. Do you have a life other than being obsessed with United fans?

And I bet those people weren't complaining about the Liverpool game. Hypocrites

Indeed - I do have a life :D

And it's not really a dig - I think it's disgraceful that the Glazers/Man United force their season ticket holders to buy tickets to matches they may not want to attend.

It smarts of the arrogance of the owners and the clubs hierarchy.

It says - we don't really care if the fans can afford it - they will pay, and if they don't...we will replace them with others.

You never know - other clubs might follow suit - I just think it's disgusting, but always enjoy hearing the fans have a moan :D

As for my comment about people here not knowing about the purchase scheme...my guess is that the majority here aren't season ticket holders, and probably haven't heard of the practice...so it would be an accurate statement :D

Just read that Crawley had 53% of the possession at Old Trafford - that's not bad going

I don't think Bebe or Obertan would make the Crawley team tbh' date=' they both look useless, all Obertan has is his pace an Bebe has nothing.

We didn't play well at all, Mills was great for Crawley and got a deserved MoM award.

28 minutes before United scored and Crawley were getting £200 towards Help For Heroes for every minute, plus the £10k they'd already been promised (all from E.ON), so they got near £16k for the charity - I've heard the Sun were matching that too..[/quote']

obertan wasnt too bad, bebe was abseloutely useless

Anyway.... Lets all judge a player on one game yeah? So Obertan and Bebe weren't good tonight I still reckon they have potential to be very good players here. Lets just say I'm glad players get more than one chance. ;) Nani being the perfect example.

Gibsons passing was quite good tonight, but yeah thats all thats to his game along with great shooting. Don't agree with some of the useless statements made on here though, reckon he could do a very good job for a mid-table side.

Crawley should be a premier league side with the way they played tonight. Lets see if they play as well next week though? hahaaa

One problem with judging anyone based on this game is this side has never really played together and were just 'thrown' in today. The 3 injuries didn't help much either and tbh for pretty much most of the game I was at a loss as to which formation we were playing. For parts of the 2nd half it looked like we were playing 2 right wingers in Hernandez and Bebe and 2 left wingers in Rooney and Obertan with no one up top. We had no shape to the side at all. Plus theres this fact that even Fergie seems unsure whether to play Bebe and Obertan up front or out wide.

Gibson was good though. One of our better players alongside the twins.

The tickets were £15 for this tonight' date=' a few mates went from school, awful lot of empty seats, how come you guys didnt go?[/quote']

27k to watch your 1st/2nd string side against a League1 side

74k to watch 2nd/3rd string against a non league side

'nuff said

And tickets were not 15 quid.... where as it was 15 quid for the Notts County game I believe

'nuff said

And tickets were not 15 quid.... where as it was 15 quid for the Notts County game I believe

They were for under 16's. My email said tickets were £37+ and there's no way I'd pay that (plus flights ect as I'm not in England :rolleyes:) to see Crawley and a weak* United side.

*I know it was a good side we put out but weak by usual standards and stronger than most expected.

'nuff said

Just wondering if you managed to go yesterday Hercule? (I'M NOT HAVING A POP - JUST WONDERED)

Although the official attendance was shown as 74' date='778 I doubt that many were actually in the ground.

When a club sell a ticket (i.e. on the compulsory scheme) the seat gets counted whether the person shows up or not.

I know lads that were giving away tickets for free yesterday. (AGAIN I'M NOT HAVING A GO)

They were for under 16's. My email said tickets were £37+ and there's no way I'd pay that (plus flights ect as I'm not in England :rolleyes:) to see Crawley and a weak* United side.

I agree with you 100% - £37 quid to watch a United XI v a non league team...that's scandalous...

It again demonstrates the greed and arrogance of the board and owners.

A Question for United fans (again just a genuine question)

Who knows what David Gill takes in basic salary alone from Manchester United?

*I know it was a good side we put out but weak by usual standards and stronger than most expected.

41 quid was what I was told. Ridiculous....

Our next 6 games. 4 of them away as well and the way we've been playing play even Wigan will be tough

Marseille (A)

Wigan (A)

Chelsea (A)

Liverpool (A)

Arsenal (H)

Marseille (H)

:o

41 quid was what I was told. Ridiculous....

Our next 6 games. 4 of them away as well and the way we've been playing play even Wigan will be tough

Marseille (A)

Wigan (A)

Chelsea (A)

Liverpool (A)

Arsenal (H)

Marseille (H)

:o

The next fortnight I guarantee will shape this league now, it will show if Liverpool are going for Top 4 or content with 5th/6th, It will see if Arsenal have what it takes to challenge United for the title. Its going to be a good fortnight

I'll be hoping you draw chelsea, lose to liverpool and lose to Arsenal. But that will probably never happen

The Crawley game was far too much in my opinion.

The attendance was less then 70'000 as there was lot of empty seats in the final tier. The Crawley fans were fantastic and out-sung the people who came to the game (most of which were people who never sung).

Glad we made it through though, a bit sketchy towards the end D:

Indeed - I do have a life :D

And it's not really a dig - I think it's disgraceful that the Glazers/Man United force their season ticket holders to buy tickets to matches they may not want to attend.

It smarts of the arrogance of the owners and the clubs hierarchy.

It says - we don't really care if the fans can afford it - they will pay' date=' and if they don't...we will replace them with others.

You never know - other clubs might follow suit - I just think it's disgusting, but always enjoy hearing the fans have a moan :D

As for my comment about people here not knowing about the purchase scheme...my guess is that the majority here aren't season ticket holders, and probably haven't heard of the practice...so it would be an accurate statement :D

[b']Just read that Crawley had 53% of the possession at Old Trafford - that's not bad going[/b]

Thats more then you managed :rolleyes::rolleyes:

You need to get a life that doesn't involve constantly trolling the United thread.

Thats more then you managed :rolleyes::rolleyes:

You need to get a life that doesn't involve constantly trolling the United thread.

As I pointed out...I already have a life' date=' and what is wrong with posting comments regarding the owners of Man United and the compulsory purchase scheme?

Most United fans I know hate the Glazers and the compulsory purchase scheme.

As for showing praise for Crawley holding 53% of possesion - I can't see why you would be offended by that as the most important stat shows that you scored 1 goal and Crawley scored 0 goals.

[b']PS[/b] Just checked SSN and it says City had 63% possession

As I pointed out...I already have a life' date=' and what is wrong with posting comments regarding the owners of Man United and the compulsory purchase scheme?

Most United fans I know hate the Glazers and the compulsory purchase scheme.

As for showing praise for Crawley holding 53% of possesion - I can't see why you would be offended by that as the most important stat shows that you scored 1 goal and Crawley scored 0 goals.[/quote']

I can see what your doing. Banter. We rip you, you rip us. It's all fun at the end of the day :)

I can see what your doing. Banter. We rip you' date=' you rip us. It's all fun at the end of the day :)[/quote']

It's intended as banter with content.

I honestly think it's disgraceful that Mr Gill and the Glazers can FORCE United fans to pay circa £40 for a ticket to a cup game against non-league opposition.

It's one of the reasons that MUST exists - but the club won't even acknowledge these fans groups, never mind discuss pricing etc with them.

It shows the arrogance of the owners and board - they think that they can replace any fan who walks away fom United - only if people really take to their feet in numbers will the board/Glazers feel the impact.

The majority of people on this particular forum aren't Man United season ticket holders - and won't have felt the effect of the changes within Old trafford to the same extent. (i.e. forced purchase schemes, massive ticket price rises, no fans voice on the board)

This is NOT me having a go at you guys as United fans - I am trying to show sympathy for those fans who are forced to buy an over-priced ticket to a game they didn't want to/couldn't attend.

As Allan-NI pointed out - he's in Northern Ireland - why would he spend £40 to watch a 2nd string United against a non-league team.

For him to attend the game would probably cost a total of £200-£300 for just him....(inc flights/hotel/food etc)

PS No-one answered the question regarding Mr gills salary at United....it's reported to be £1,600,000 before bonuses

That's £30k a week - no wonder he never says anything against the Glazers official line :D (that's also more than the head of Barclays who recently made annual profit of 6billion)

It's intended as banter with content.

I honestly think it's disgraceful that Mr Gill and the Glazers can FORCE United fans to pay circa £40 for a ticket to a cup game against non-league opposition.

It's one of the reasons that MUST exists - but the club won't even acknowledge these fans groups' date=' never mind discuss pricing etc with them.

It shows the arrogance of the owners and board - they think that they can replace any fan who walks away fom United - only if people really take to their feet in numbers will the board/Glazers feel the impact.

The majority of people on this particular forum aren't Man United season ticket holders - and won't have felt the effect of the changes within Old trafford to the same extent. (i.e. forced purchase schemes, massive ticket price rises, no fans voice on the board)

This is NOT me having a go at you guys as United fans - I am trying to show sympathy for those fans who are forced to buy an over-priced ticket to a game they didn't want to/couldn't attend.

As Allan-NI pointed out - he's in Northern Ireland - why would he spend £40 to watch a 2nd string United against a non-league team.

For him to attend the game would probably cost a total of £200-£300 for just him....(inc flights/hotel/food etc)[/quote']

Yeah i know that boss :) Its not a good way to run a business, but it seems a isolated case..

I read somewhere that for every £1 we earn (not revanue) 70p goes to paying off just the interest alone. I doubt and hope this isn't true?!

And about the Qater royals taking over - Has it benefits, debt reduced/paid off, more money in the transfer kitty etc BUT would we want to turn into City? Players go to city for the money, but players go to Man U, Barca and Real because they want to play for them, not for the astrnomical wages they offer (I know we pay high wages, but city would always offer more, yet decent players would chose us)

Yeah i know that boss :) Its not a good way to run a business' date=' but it seems a isolated case..

I read somewhere that for every £1 we earn (not revanue) 70p goes to paying off just the interest alone. I doubt and hope this isn't true?!

And about the Qater royals taking over - Has it benefits, debt reduced/paid off, more money in the transfer kitty etc BUT would we want to turn into City? Players go to city for the money, but players go to Man U, Barca and Real because they want to play for them, not for the astrnomical wages they offer (I know we pay high wages, but city would always offer more, yet decent players would chose us)[/quote']

Those figures are apparently quite accurate. (according to discussions I have had with high MUST members)

And I agree with your point about players joining United for the prestige rather than the money.

I've chatted to United fans who have been negative about Citys spending one minute - but then speaking about spending 2-300mill if the Qataris come in. Unfortunately when you point out that contradiction they are never too happy.