• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

Re: Official Red Devils thread

Rooney was definitely out of line in what he did, I'm not sure what kind of punishment he could / should get? I mean doesn't the law of the game state that if a referee deals with an incident then that won't be overruled? And it was dealt with via a free-kick being given and Ronney given a ticking off? I'm not 100% sure though. But it should have been red, no doubt about it.

As for Hernandez's celebration, as Allan said big difference in the timing.

Yeah but guys' date=' cool runnings was on[/quote']

Stop trolling please.

Rooney was definitely out of line in what he did' date=' I'm not sure what kind of punishment he could / should get? I mean doesn't the law of the game state that if a referee deals with an incident then that won't be overruled? And it was dealt with via a free-kick being given and Ronney given a ticking off? I'm not 100% sure though. But it should have been red, no doubt about it.[/quote']

That used to be the case but I think the rules have been changed. Adebayor was yellowed for the stamp on RVP a few seasons back (though the dirty Dutch knob was just as bad) and got a retrospective 3 game ban.

Still, you're United and it's Rooney, you've got nothing to worry about :)

Rooney was definitely out of line in what he did' date=' I'm not sure what kind of punishment he could / should get? I mean doesn't the law of the game state that if a referee deals with an incident then that won't be overruled? And it was dealt with via a free-kick being given and Ronney given a ticking off? I'm not 100% sure though. But it should have been red, no doubt about it.

As for Hernandez's celebration, as Allan said big difference in the timing.

Stop trolling please.[/quote']

Yeah Trolling not Having A Laugh before another stupid debate breaks out

Anyway, nothing will happen to Rooney and I don't mean this comment to start a debate, but Its Rooney and Its United, The FA won't touch it

They should 3 game ban him for that, might depend on the ref report because I don't think he saw it. He may have gave the freekick, but it's like he thought they collided. I thought the elbow was disgusting and i'm not saying that because I want to see Rooney punished. I would accept punishment for an Arsenal player for that elbow.

That used to be the case but I think the rules have been changed. Adebayor was yellowed for the stamp on RVP a few seasons back (though the dirty Dutch knob was just as bad) and got a retrospective 3 game ban.

Still' date=' you're United and it's Rooney, you've got nothing to worry about :)[/quote']

How was he just as bad?! Apologies as my memory is pretty shocking, butwhat i can remember was that RVP was on the ground, and instead of just going for the ball, Adebayor just studded him in the face!

Also wasn't the ban for the celebration afterwards?

How was he just as bad?! Apologies as my memory is pretty shocking' date=' butwhat i can remember was that RVP was on the ground, and instead of just going for the ball, Adebayor just studded him in the face!

Also wasn't the ban for the celebration afterwards?[/quote']

The tackle on Ade was atrocious... and no-one likes RVP anyway :)

I seem to recall he got a 6 game ban initially (though it may have been reduced on appeal): 3 for each of the stamp and the highly amusing celebration :P

This thread look to have become a trolling ground for scousers and City fans who have nothing better to do...

Bet all you scousers with your selective memory have forgotten the disgraceful attempt by Saint Gerrard to elbow Welbecks head off against Sunderland at Anfield. Of course the scouser biased media completely ignored the incident to protect Gerrard's saintly image:) Will be in annoyed if Rooney gets banned but then again wouldn't surprise me if he did seeing after Ferdinand got that ridiculous 4 game ban last season.

Still' date=' you're United and it's Rooney, you've got nothing to worry about :)[/quote']

Yup,I see Fergie has already been out with his quotes in the press this morning and putting pressure on the FA not to punish him.

Will be in annoyed if Rooney gets banned but then again wouldn't surprise me if he did seeing after Ferdinand got that ridiculous 4 game ban last season.

You have to seriously admit that he deserved a red though - and therefore a ban.

It was Rooney who threw the elbow - not the media.

On a positive though, United fans around here have been calling for Fergie to drop Rooney and play Chicarito and Berba - maybe a ban would give him the excuse

I do agree with your comments re Gerrard though - he dives (in an around the box) almost as much as Ronaldo ever did - yet no-one ever picks up on it (well the Beebs Hansen and Lawro won't will they).

I'm not here to troll anymore - this is the new well behaved IanMcCo who doesn't care if you are a true fan or a glory hunter :D (its a fricking joke lol)

It should of been a red card and 3 match ban. Everyone who watched the game knows it. It looked like the referee didn't see the elbow (he was looking at the ball) and heard the crowd reaction so blew to defuse the situation. If he didn't see (and his assistants didn't either) he can't show red.

Hopefully he doesn't get banned. It would mean he'd miss the Liverpool game and I'd much rather our defence face Rooney than the partnership of Hernandez and Berba. ;)

My point was not whether the red was deserved or not but the fact that IF the referee indeed saw and didn't do anything during the game then the FA can't do anything can they? like the Masch elbow vs Leeds, Gerrard elbow vs Sunderland and countless other Liverpool incidents swept under the carpet.

As for dropping Rooney, never gonna happen and nor should it ever happen. Hernandez is one hell of a finisher (tbh probs even better than RVN:eek:) but not much else. Also hes not that strong and struggles to hold the ball up. Rooney gets a lot of stick but we have played much better since he returned from, its only when he plays wide left that he looks useless. Even form hes better than any striker the scousers can come up with including the 35m woman beater

He'll probably get banned though judging by the Rio example

My point was not whether the red was deserved or not but the fact that IF the referee indeed saw and didn't do anything during the game then the FA can't do anything can they?

Like StuartH said earlier - Adebayor got a retrospective ban via video evidence - even though he got booked for the stamp on RVP.

I think Rooney probably looking at 3 matches for that.

As for Fergie blaming the media - maybe he should be fining the petulant Scouser if he does get banned.

3 match ban should = 3 week fine

£450k for the Glazers :D

Comparing yourself against a team 6th in the table and not even in the CL?

You mention LFC in every other post' date=' you seem obsessed mate :) , you dont see many LFC fans so obsessed with Man Utd to keep bringing them up in every single convo :P

Also... using LFC as a scapegoat everytime one of your players is in trouble with something is just lame tbh, [b']because every single person knows Man Utd get away with FAR more than any other club, every netrual will confirm this but obviously biased Mancs will not and get around it with silly things.[/b]

Bit like every season when you get these insane Pens all the time or the opp doesnt and instead of debating it you just bring up a Carra foul from 2 seasons ago or Torres kicking up a bit of grass from a previous season :D

LFC and Man Utd get away with TONS , but for whatever reason like everything else Mancs struggle to admit as much :rolleyes:

At the time I think you was calling gerrard a THUG and various other things, yet this time around you dont say anything about Rooney and just bring up Gerrard.... says everything about those glasses of yours dont you think ;)

THIS! all day long.

Comparing yourself against a team 6th in the table and not even in the CL?

You mention LFC in every other post' date=' you seem obsessed mate :) , you dont see many LFC fans so obsessed with Man Utd to keep bringing them up in every single convo :P

Also... using LFC as a scapegoat everytime one of your players is in trouble with something is just lame tbh, because every single person knows Man Utd get away with FAR more than any other club, every netrual will confirm this but obviously biased Mancs will not and get around it with silly things.

Bit like every season when you get these insane Pens all the time or the opp doesnt and instead of debating it you just bring up a Carra foul from 2 seasons ago or Torres kicking up a bit of grass from a previous season :D

LFC [b']AND[/b] Man Utd get away with TONS , but for whatever reason like everything else Mancs struggle to admit as much :rolleyes:

At the time I think you was calling gerrard a THUG and various other things, yet this time around you dont say anything about Rooney and just bring up Gerrard.... says everything about those glasses of yours dont you think ;)

I am obsessed with hating Liverpool unfortunately:(

We do get away with a lot but the flip side is if that's not Rooney or United there wouldn't have been such a big issue. It would have been forgotten at half time and people would have moved on. Rooney is not at all a 'clean' player but hes better than Gerrard:) although both are dirty scousers

I am obsessed with hating Liverpool unfortunately:(

We do get away with a lot but the flip side is if that's not Rooney or United there wouldn't have been such a big issue. It would have been forgotten at half time and people would have moved on. Rooney is not at all a 'clean' player but hes better than Gerrard:) although both are dirty scousers

How did you work that one out?

Rooney should have got a 3 game ban. If I could have the power for just one day I'd ban him for 10+ games as punishment for my having to try and explain to my 6 and 8 year old daughters why a person that daddy loves can purposly hurt another without getting punished in some way.

My 6 year was fully expecting the police to race onto the pitch and cart him off in her innocence. In her little mind if you hurt someone you go to jail.

I'm not going to join the special treatment debate as I'm tired of the whole argument to be honest.

Same could be said about Gerrard though :)

Rooney needs to perform miles better and more consistant over years to be considered better than Gerrard' date=' other than the last year or so when ehs struggled due to various reasons Gerrard has performed every week for LFC at a very high standard, Rooney's dips in form seem to come very often.

When hes on form there aint many better, but he seems to struggle to play like that for a full season (maybe barring last season)

Neither can be classed as the best in the world though.

Ian - I would like to see you find even 10% of coverage of Gerrard diving to Ronaldo's, I have always said Gerrard DOES dive, but hes not even close to Ronny when he comes to a dive count.

As for being "dirty" again Rooney leaves Gerrard well behind with this, look at him on a pitch you can put it down to attitude all you like but Rooney's stinks, anytime things aint going his way he pulls that pig like face goes all bright red and starts acting like a thug with the opposition while chasing down the ref every 2 minutes.

Gerrard had that 1 thing off the field with the pub thing and the odd bad tackle / elbow and diving from time to time - WOW :eek: a player of his age and thats all you have against him yeah hes a dirty player alright :P[/quote']

I wasn't really comparing their footballing qualities tbh although I do think Rooney is as good as Gerrard and had the potential to be even better. Don't really want to get involved in that

petulance is one area Rooney had improved actually over the past few years. When he initially joined he had this tendency to chase back when he lost the ball and kick the player but he had curbed that to a large extent. Now I say had because this season a bit of that has resurfaced. Probably the booing has gotten to him somewhat but he can only blame himself for that. Gerrard gets away with a hell of a lot of stuff though. Ronaldo dived and got blasted for it but not Steve. Then there are his elbows (Brown, Welbeck, Barton and probably one or 2) and his diving. The main reason why I dislike him is the way the media shield him EVERYTIME.