• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

Re: Official Red Devils thread

Too many people lining up to slap Rooney here -

Yes; it was a thuggish and stupid thing to do; anyone who saw the incident will know that it was a straight red, but if the ref gave Wigan the free kick and didn't card Rooney there's nothing that can be done about it unless the ref develops a new account of what he saw.

The ref didn't see the incident as TV replays show, but the crowd roared and James McCarthy was clutching his face when he did see the (post-) event. From seeing that he can either assume:

A) Rooney whacked him in the face.

B) Rooney accidentally caught him.

Now, if you didn't see the incident how quick would you be to jump to conclusion A? You'd be insane to do so - the tabloids (not to mention the FA) would murder you if you sent off England's golden boy for what could've been an unfortunate accident. At the end of the day, the ref didn't see what we all saw, and so wasn't in a position to make Rooney take an early shower.

Anyway - it's not liek Rooney does this week in, week out - I'm certain it'll be a long time (if ever) if he elbows someone deliberately and it'll be even longer before he gets away with it. Unfortunately for all the people who see this as an injustice - there's nothing you can do about it.

Guest JackWWFC

Barton punches Pedersen in the chest + 3 match ban.

Rooney elbows McCarthy in the face = nothing.

Hmmm:mad:

What message does this send to Wigan and young players like McCarthy?

Very Derisory.

The ref claimed he saw it. The rules don't allow them to do anything unless the ref missed the incident.

Not suprised there is a lot of people failing coaching badges when they don't know the rules (a)

FAA

Too many people lining up to slap Rooney here -

Yes; it was a thuggish and stupid thing to do; anyone who saw the incident will know that it was a straight red' date=' but if the ref gave Wigan the free kick and didn't card Rooney [i']there's nothing that can be done about it unless the ref develops a new account of what he saw[/i].

The ref didn't see the incident as TV replays show, but the crowd roared and James McCarthy was clutching his face when he did see the (post-) event. From seeing that he can either assume:

A) Rooney whacked him in the face.

B) Rooney accidentally caught him.

Now, if you didn't see the incident how quick would you be to jump to conclusion A? You'd be insane to do so - the tabloids (not to mention the FA) would murder you if you sent off England's golden boy for what could've been an unfortunate accident. At the end of the day, the ref didn't see what we all saw, and so wasn't in a position to make Rooney take an early shower.

Anyway - it's not liek Rooney does this week in, week out - I'm certain it'll be a long time (if ever) if he elbows someone deliberately and it'll be even longer before he gets away with it. Unfortunately for all the people who see this as an injustice - there's nothing you can do about it.

All very nice Sam but if the ref doesn't see it then he has to say so in his post-match report. Then Rooney can face the music based on video evidence (though no doubt he'd still get off). He can blow and give a free-kick if he sees contact but if he can't ascertain intent then he can't punish the player (so he did the right thing in the game). However, he has to say he couldn't ascertain intent in his post match report.

However, it goes back to what Smarty says and that if he had 'owned up' (not that a ref can watch all 22 players at once) he'd be facing an enquiry as to whether he's fit to referee and in the meantime he'd be shoved down a division or 2 and receive far less commission per match. From a personal point of view he's going to claim he saw everything isn't he? He doesn't give a monkeys if Rooney's banned or not. The FA can talk about their respect campaign all they want but they're all too ready to stab them in the back.

The ref claimed he saw it. The rules don't allow them to do anything unless the ref missed the incident.

Not suprised there is a lot of people failing coaching badges when they don't know the rules (a)

FAA

Not sure what you mean. A player should never be aloud to get away with raising his arm to the face like that. The fa could punish him some way if they wanted to, just like the Barton incident. Non punishment will create resentment to him etc.

And it's not about just knowing the rules it's about applying them to every team, including man utd.

Not sure what you mean. A player should never be aloud to get away with raising his arm to the face like that. The fa could punish him some way if they wanted to' date=' just like the Barton incident. Non punishment will create resentment to him etc.

And it's not about just knowing the rules it's about applying them to every team, including man utd.[/quote']

The FA cannot 're-referee' a decision, FIFA came down on them like a ton of bricks last time they tried (Jermaine Beckford had a yellow card 'upgraded' to a red for Violent Conduct in a Leeds Utd v Millwall match a few seasons back).

The referee wrote in his report he saw the incident clearly and took appropriate action. Unfortunately, as MC had awarded the freekick what else could he say? That he'd awarded the FK based on the reaction of the crowd (which is probably the reality).

This leaves the FA no option unfortunately. They aren't allowed to change a decision a referee has made, they can only act when a referee has not seen an indecent.

Hillarious. John Guidetti, City youth player (often features on the bench I believe) got fooled by a United fan into tweeting this:D

W3104_ @superguidetti any chance of a retweet for my mate Bertie, it's his 35th birthday today and he is a MASSIVE Man City fan

He did see the funny side though when he got to know, don't think Wilshere would have reacted so amicably had he been tricked

Haha sorry everyone i have been tricked but 2 my defence i am swedish hahaha

Not expecting anything today so won't be disappointed if we it up again at the bridge

Hillarious. John Guidetti' date=' City youth player (often features on the bench I believe)[/quote']

Non United related reply :D (and not posted to have a go at anyone :D)

Guidetti isn't on the bench that often - if honest he has been out on loan a lot (in Sweden and at Burnley).

He is part of the City 'EDS' though and has looked pretty impressive.

Murmers from Sweden talk of a disruptive attitude - even Tiesto has mentioned it :D

I can't believe that more of you didn't know it was 35 years yesterday though :D

Ant to bring it back on topic...

It's 101years and 10 days since Manchester became a United free zone* - for those who wondered lol

*United played their first OT match on 19th Feb 1910, against Liverpool (3-4 to Liverpool)