Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Red Devils thread

Despite this loss' date=' I can't see Chelsea winning this title race at all. If they do I will leave this forum for good and quit all my teams including my team in EC 7046 and EC 5579. Only Man United Arsenal stand a chance.

I joke. They have a very faint chance but I'm betting my best SM teams

Going to qoute this at the end of the season ;) , Chelsea have an amazing chance of winning it.

Arsenal and Utd just need to slip up a few times , & dont you need to play chelsea again aswell.

• Replies 43.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

:eek: A Utd fan that see's things in perspective - what is this world coming too :P

Like I just said to my mother who rung me rather annoyed, I simple explained....

If you told me at the start of the season we'd lose at Chelsea, I would expect it and the fact that we're still top helps.

Granted I dont like the way we lost tonight but you win some you lose some.

Nothing with getting angry and passionate when you lose mate no matter who its against let alone in these massive games.

The passion for the teams is what makes football so good :)

Yup,nobody can be perfect,Many guys thought that Nobody can Stop Barca,but again in some games,barca was really poor,and they lost versus Arsenal (and arsenal was much better in second half) and in some games like versus sporting and atletic they seemed really poor.

United still have biggest chance of getting tittle,we all know that Arsenal isnt so prepared to get biggest tittle in England,they always screws up on the end.

That was not a bloody penalty! How much was the ref paid? :mad: also David Luiz would have never scored if the game took place in December... and why does Vidic always get's sent off when Torres is playing??? :confused::mad:

Also Drogba just missed out on the nomination for an oscar :/

Oh well still top of the table...

That was not a bloody penalty! How much was the ref paid? :mad:also David Luiz would have never scored if the game took place in December... and why does Vidic always get's sent off when Torres is playing??? :confused::mad:

Well considering he was playing for Benfica then,then no he wouldn't score for Chelsea in December.

That was not a bloody penalty! How much was the ref paid? :mad: also David Luiz would have never scored if the game took place in December... and why does Vidic always get's sent off when Torres is playing??? :confused::mad:

straws14701.jpg

Clutch at them B)

That was not a bloody penalty! How much was the ref paid? :mad:also David Luiz would have never scored if the game took place in December... and why does Vidic always get's sent off when Torres is playing??? :confused::mad:

And if Rooney was given a red card at Wigan he wouldnt have scored either.

If Rooney was given his rightful ban' date=' he wouldn't be playing another game this season. ;)[/quote']

He would of got a 3 game ban MAX in my opinion , he flicked his elbow into the path of the Wigan player who wasn't playing the ball and only intention was to block Rooney off , should Martins get a ban for hitting Kolicseny (spelling i know) after he scored on Sunday in the league cup final ?

I'm not going to harp on about how we should have won blah blah blah, I honestly wonder what goes through David Luiz, Zhirkov and Drogba minds when the foul, dive and olympic gold medal dive respectively. Football is meant to be played with passion, but not a passion for winning, a passion for love of the game, which winning falls into a sub-category of.

When David Luiz was fouling consistently, was he thinking, "I'll try to win the ball here so my team can counter and score" or "Rooney/Hernandez is faster than me, if discreetly slip my leg out to stop him, I'll only get a warning and they most likely won't score", and I'm fairly sure I have an idea of which he might have been thinking.

For those of you who have played football, you're first instinct when you get the ball is to try and pass, shoot or dribble past the opposing player. When a player moves in for a tackle, you don't naturally look to win a foul, you naturally look to beat him with minimal contact, when winning a foul when in possession of the ball becomes more important than beating your man, your motives for playing the game professionally, in my opinion, are not right. Nani for us often does that, Drogba does it for Chelsea, Zhirkov did it tonight, Ronaldo used to do it for us and does it for Madrid currently, they have unquestionable skill, but why waste it for the <50% chance of converting the free kick, you could just continue with the game, like the great players of old, diving was unheard of, if you got clipped from behind it was a good tackle, football is fast turning to a non-contact sport, but I'm digressing here.

The penalty is debatable, Smalling didn't move his leg towards Zhirkov, and Zhirkov looked for his leg, but Smalling's leg was out, and though minimal contact, by the rules, penally should and was rightly awarded, in my opinion.

One last point off topic, and sorry to who it may offend, but if I see Drogba ever in real life and he's within range, I will hit him with a swift dropkick to the uterus. :D:rolleyes:

(takes a breath)

He would of got a 3 game ban MAX in my opinion ' date=' he flicked his elbow into the path of the Wigan player who wasn't playing the ball and only intention was to block Rooney off , should Martins get a ban for hitting Kolicseny (spelling i know) after he scored on Sunday in the league cup final ?[/quote']

Sure does. Anyone who takes a swipe at a player off the ball deserves to get a ban. Be it a flick or be it elbowing someone (obviously different bans for different offenses).

He would of got a 3 game ban MAX in my opinion ' date=' he flicked his elbow into the path of the Wigan player who wasn't playing the ball and only intention was to block Rooney off , should Martins get a ban for hitting Kolicseny (spelling i know) after he scored on Sunday in the league cup final ?[/quote']

Wasnt that Bowyer? Anyway I dont know about that as it was only like a rub on the head and a little push (was bad sportsmanship really and rubbing it in) but the elbow from rooney was way worse and the intent was clear.

I'm not going to harp on about how we should have won blah blah blah' date=' I honestly wonder what goes through David Luiz, Zhirkov and Drogba minds when the foul, dive and olympic gold medal dive respectively. Football is meant to be played with passion, but not a passion for winning, a passion for love of the game, which winning falls into a sub-category of.

When David Luiz was fouling consistently, was he thinking, "I'll try to win the ball here so my team can counter and score" or "Rooney/Hernandez is faster than me, if discreetly slip my leg out to stop him, I'll only get a warning and they most likely won't score", and I'm fairly sure I have an idea of which he might have been thinking.

For those of you who have played football, you're first instinct when you get the ball is to try and pass, shoot or dribble past the opposing player. When a player moves in for a tackle, you don't naturally look to win a foul, you naturally look to beat him with minimal contact, when winning a foul when in possession of the ball becomes more important than beating your man, your motives for playing the game professionally, in my opinion, are not right. Nani for us often does that, Drogba does it for Chelsea, Zhirkov did it tonight, Ronaldo used to do it for us and does it for Madrid currently, they have unquestionable skill, but why waste it for the <50% chance of converting the free kick, you could just continue with the game, like the great players of old, diving was unheard of, if you got clipped from behind it was a good tackle, football is fast turning to a non-contact sport, but I'm digressing here.

The penalty is debatable, Smalling didn't move his leg towards Zhirkov, and Zhirkov looked for his leg, [b']but[/b] Smalling's leg was out, and though minimal contact, by the rules, penally should and was rightly awarded, in my opinion.

One last point off topic, and sorry to who it may offend, but if I see Drogba ever in real life and he's within range, I will hit him with a swift dropkick to the uterus. :D:rolleyes:

(takes a breath)

Its not good but really most players will dive and look for the foul/penalty. Football now is about the results and I guess the players will be looking to win at all costs, even defenders nicking in a leg to stop an attack like Vidic today on Essien, some players are decent. You'll also find managers who wont admit that their players dive but might just give the odd " I didnt see it" or "ref didnt see it as a dive" comment. At the end of the day though its up to the referees some know when a player dives and some give easy fouls, at the end of the day though now to referees if a player goes down from contact its going to be a foul, some referees look for harsh fouls in the box though before givings pens.