Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Red Devils thread

Ok I've now watched the whole Nani incident again, and have a complete different opinion. Carra just completely clatered Nani with intent to injure him. Nani then hobbled on towards the ref to show him the damage Carra inflicted, Gerrard then sort of pushes him, but Nani doesn't help himself by falling rather dramatically (plus his reputation of often going down softly didn't help him here) Then the ref just makes his mind up, that it can't be that serious and only gives a yellow. But what Carragher did is a true act of SCUM that he is :mad:

ta4gmQuVwz4

It kind of reminds me of this, and we all know how it ended for Smithy* :(

jIGUPKHSnEs

* On a positive note, that season we won the Premierleague title for him :)

• Replies 43.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

Ok I've now watched the whole Nani incident again' date=' and have a complete different opinion. Carra just completely clatered Nani with intent to injure him. Nani then hobbled on towards the ref to show him the damage Carra inflicted, Gerrard then sort of pushes him, but Nani doesn't help himself by falling rather dramatically (plus his reputation of often going down softly didn't help him here) Then the ref just makes his mind up, that it can't be that serious and only gives a yellow. But what Carragher did is a true act of SCUM that he is :mad:

[/quote']

What happened there I think Nani himself didn't realise how bad the injury was and when he did I don't think he fell dramatically, his leg just gave away beneath him.

What happened there I think Nani himself didn't realise how bad the injury was and when he did I don't think he fell dramatically' date=' his leg just gave away beneath him.[/quote']

I agree with this, however the whole legs in the air nearly going over the top of him didnt aid his cause. But the fall itself was probably caused by him seeing his horrific injury !

Ok I've now watched the whole Nani incident again' date=' and have a complete different opinion. Carra just completely clatered Nani with intent to injure him. Nani then hobbled on towards the ref to show him the damage Carra inflicted, Gerrard then sort of pushes him, but Nani doesn't help himself by falling rather dramatically (plus his reputation of often going down softly didn't help him here) Then the ref just makes his mind up, that it can't be that serious and only gives a yellow. But what Carragher did is a true act of SCUM that he is :mad:

[YOUTUBE']ta4gmQuVwz4[/YOUTUBE]

It kind of reminds me of this, and we all know how it ended for Smithy* :(

jIGUPKHSnEs

* On a positive note, that season we won the Premierleague title for him :)

Yet a few days ago you excused Roy Keane's challenge on Haaland as it was in a derby in the heat of the moment when it was clearly pre-empted :rolleyes:

It was a very dangerous challenge and Carragher deserved to walk but the ref can't base his decision on how bad the injury is. I also doubt there was the intent you seem to believe there is judging by Carragher's reaction and apology after the game; just an exuberant challenge where he completely missed the ball.

I agree with this' date=' however the whole legs in the air nearly going over the top of him didnt aid his cause. But the fall itself was probably caused by him seeing his horrific injury ![/quote']

yeah, that's what I think. It's more than likely that his legs just gave in, but the fall did seem pretty dramatic at first and everyone's initial opinion would be he's just doing 'the usual' to try and get someone sent off.

Yet a few days ago you excused Roy Keane's challenge on Haaland as it was in a derby in the heat of the moment when it was clearly pre-empted :rolleyes:

It was a very dangerous challenge and Carragher deserved to walk but the ref can't base his decision on how bad the injury is. I also doubt there was the intent you seem to believe there is judging by Carragher's reaction and apology after the game; just an exuberant challenge where he completely missed the ball.

I wasn't sure on the whole Keane situation as you later explained to me yourself... :o

As for Carragher, there can only be one thing on his mind, and that is to cause an injury to Nani. I don't know why else would he go in so wildly after the ball is already gone.

I geniun question on the game.... if we won because of the ref being on our side' date=' when you was 2-0 down and being outplayed (you never even created a chance on goal).. this was all BEFORE the Nani tackle, what impact did the ref have on the game?[/quote']

Berbatov's chance when he was quite clearly onside. Anyway i never said you didn't deserve to win because we were shocking i was just saying the ref had a terrible game i.e carragher and maxi should of been sent off

Looking at that picture the injury isn't even that bad. It's just a cut for god sake! I'd say he'll be training by Wednesday.

Do you have eyes? Anyway would you be saying that if nani's injury happened to someone in your team and don't just say yes to prove me wrong but have a think about it.

Technically 11 men as you forgot the man with the liverpool shirt underneath his black one

I actually thought the ref had a great game. Liverpool were by far the better team and deserved the win. They could have been ahead by 4 or 5 before Nani's injury. Besides had the ref sent of Carragher we'd have only had the extra man for a few minutes as Rafael would have been off too.

Berbatov's chance when he was quite clearly onside. Anyway i never said you didn't deserve to win because we were shocking i was just saying the ref had a terrible game i.e carragher and maxi should of been sent off

Don't even start with that nonsense. If you were shocking then you must be shocking every time you lose to us. Can't you just accept a defeat, that the other team simply played well and out played you on the day and got the win. There always has to be an excuse doesn't there? Whether it's the referee or the fact your team was rubbish or whatever.

his shot from outside the box? lol thats all you could come up with against a mid table team :D

Oh just those 2' date=' not Rafael? lol not biased much :P[/quote']

No his one inside the box when he skied it, yeah fair enough rafa should of been sent off but ref should of stopped play due to maxi's tackle anyway. You can't exactly call yourself mid table when you're sixth and you scored 3 lucky goals.

Looking at that picture the injury isn't even that bad. It's just a cut for god sake! I'd say he'll be training by Wednesday.

He'll get around 15 stitches, and will miss the next game.

He's still an arrogant little... I wish he'd stop copying Ronaldo's antics. He got them cuts week in week out. If your'e gonna have reputation like that, players are bound to target you. Atleast Ronaldo didn't start to cry and swipe out at the physio's. :rolleyes:

Don't even start with that nonsense. If you were shocking then you must be shocking every time you lose to us. Can't you just accept a defeat' date=' that the other team simply played well and out played you on the day and got the win. There always has to be an excuse doesn't there? Whether it's the referee or the fact your team was rubbish or whatever.[/quote']

No cause that would be boring instead i have much more fun making you guys annoyed at the fact that i don't accept defeat.

Guest 1CapWonder

21de0927afce7863fedde73237ae7d0d_view.jpg

I'm just assuming Nani has received stick for his antics today. Haven't read any previous comments on this thread as I'm not really interested.

I don't like Nani's attitude, not after I visited Old Trafford and saw him act that way in the flesh, but Carragher's tackle today WAS a bad one, and the picture above proves it.

No cause that would be boring instead i have much more fun making you guys annoyed at the fact that i don't accept defeat.

You're the one that looks like an idiot anyway. The fact is - you lost. Unlucky.

And seriously, that injury is nowhere near as bad as it looks. The fact he could even get up and run over to the referee pretty much proves that. He also managed to have a swing at one of the paramedics.

Actually something very similar happened to a GIRL at my school. We were in the gym and she was doing box jumps onto a metal frame. She miss timed the jump and caught the edge of the box and cut herself, worse than Nani's. Got up and walked to the nurse before going to hospital to get 8 stitches. She played a hockey match the following week.

You're the one that looks like an idiot anyway. The fact is - you lost. Unlucky.

And seriously' date=' that injury is nowhere near as bad as it looks. The fact he could even get up and run over to the referee pretty much proves that. He also managed to have a swing at one of the paramedics.

Actually something very similar happened to a GIRL at my school. We were in the gym and she was doing box jumps onto a metal frame. She miss timed the jump and caught the edge of the box and cut herself, worse than Nani's. Got up and walked to the nurse before going to hospital to get 8 stitches. She played a hockey match the following week.[/quote']

Good to know the girl was fine but didn't care. Quick question how would you feel if it was the other way round and nani played for liverpool and carragher did that to him.

Ps presume you support liverpool

lol no ones annoyed' date=' you sound childish more than anything (not an insult) just seems that way after the silly comments on the Arsenal thread and comments like that above.

You not accepting Defeat means NOTHING to LFC fans as we got our win :) , u guy will still prob win the title and [b']mine and your comments mean bascially nothing to the real world[/b] ;)

Suppose you're right with that.

Good to know the girl was fine but didn't care. Quick question how would you feel if it was the other way round and nani played for liverpool and carragher did that to him.

Ps presume you support liverpool

If Nani played for Liverpool I'm pretty certain I would have to cry myself to sleep at night. No Liverpool player would have reacted the way he did so your question is completely irrelevant. In fact, if a Liverpool player did behave like that I would feel it would be time for him to move on.

Like Neller said, no one is disputing the fact Carragher should have been sent off. I'm merely pointing out that Nani's reaction was way over the top, hence the little anecdote that you shrugged off.

Liverpool deserved the win and and haven't seen anyone arguing otherwise. But dunno if midnight to rain has heard of something called adrenaline? That along with the anger made him chase the referee before he collapsed with the pain. But Liverpool fans wouldn't know all that I suppose....

And stop getting on your high horse you have/had whinging diving players in your team...

No LFC fans have said it wasnt a red card so I doubt it.

Remember the game at OT earlier int he season when Gerrard saw red? who blamed the ref then? they blamed the pen were Berba fell over nothing (just like u guys did at Chelsea) but they never said anything about the red card as it WAS a red card.

Hehe, that was what I was reffering to ;) We won, and after the game it was all talk of how the ref was our 12th man, and how we wouldn't have won without him. And that basically referees always help United. Well people tend to always remember the bad stuff, e.g. Webb's controversial performance in United-Liverpool game, but they forget that sometimes United also don't get things their way because of the ref. Not much so today as you guys did beat us fair and square, but more so against Chelsea ;/