Official Manchester United Thread

Re: Official Red Devils thread

If Nani played for Liverpool I'm pretty certain I would have to cry myself to sleep at night. No Liverpool player would have reacted the way he did so your question is completely irrelevant. In fact' date=' if a Liverpool player did behave like that I would feel it would be time for him to move on.

Like Neller said, no one is disputing the fact Carragher should have been sent off. I'm merely pointing out that Nani's reaction was way over the top, hence the little anecdote that you shrugged off.[/quote']

Of course nani's reaction was over the top i mean to start crying was ridiculous people don't even cry when the break their legs. Still haven't answered my question about how you would feel if the incident happened to a liverpool player.

• Replies 43.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

Liverpool deserved the win and and haven't seen anyone arguing otherwise. But dunno if midnight to rain has heard of something called adrenaline? That along with the anger made him chase the referee before he collapsed with the pain. But Liverpool fans wouldn't know all that I suppose....

And stop getting on your high horse you have/had whinging diving players in your team...

I challenge you to find one that even comes close to being as bad as Nani. I've only watched him a couple of times this season, the last being in the FA Cup against us and it was absolutely comical. He couldn't stay on his feet. Then he starts crying? Come on, I don't think I've ever seen a footballer do that, even after a terrible leg break.

lol thats all you could come up with against a mid table team :D

Despite that I think United get the last laugh TBH. Liverpool were deserved winners this game, just like the at Old Trafford united took the points. However, come the end of the season if United win the league (which is a strong possibility in the current two horse race) then this loss will seem not particuarly significant. If they lose by a few points there will be easier games to question where the points could have come from, notably early on in the season with slip ups like against Everton, Fullham, West Brom etc. Everton in particular, with a 3-1 lead until 90th minute was it? United are still going strong in the FA cup, which they knocked Liverpool out:D:D of so also have a hope of having a respectable season in terms of silverware along with the Champions League still going on. In my opinion the Europa league is such a drop in quality from the Champions League it counts for very little really.

Just comparing the two teams situations because traditionally the derby is particuarly intense due to both teams competiting against each other to win the league, UCL both teams are expected to do well, etc. In short they are both supposed to be up there with the best the EPL has to offer so in my opinion are comparable.

Of course nani's reaction was over the top i mean to start crying was ridiculous people don't even cry when the break their legs. Still haven't answered my question about how you would feel if the incident happened to a liverpool player.

If a Liverpool player was tackled like that I would feel that the offender should be sent off. I assume that's how you felt and I assume that's also how most Liverpool fans felt. I would also feel annoyed at my own player for reacting the way he did though. Personally I think he needs a good kicking to feel what real pain is.

I would cry. If I'd just found out I'd be sidelined for 8 months without being allowed to kick a ball, That would be enough to make me cry. I'm sure most people don't cry on the pitch, but when they fully realise the magnitude of the situation, I'm sure they let out a sob or two.

The last player we had who was close to Nani in terms off play acting was Big Emile Heskey and the fans HATED him for it' date=' granted he never had the tallent Nani had but it wouldnt matter he would still have been hated for doing that all the time.

Today was different but on a normal basis Nani does that all the bloody time.

Loads of players dive, but its the play acting which takes it to another level[/quote']

Suarez play acted once or twice when he got challenged fairly eg Brown's tackle and Evra's tackle, I'm not saying he's a diver, like Nani, but saying he doesn't play act wouldn't be true in my opinion.

If a Liverpool player was tackled like that I would feel that the offender should be sent off. I assume that's how you felt and I assume that's also how most Liverpool fans felt. I would also feel annoyed at my own player for reacting the way he did though. Personally I think he needs a good kicking to feel what real pain is.

Got to admit nani annoys me at times with the way he goes down. He's probably worse than ronaldo with his reactions. As much fun as i have had 'arguing' with you if you want to call it that i better go and study. Suppose you could call it karma for fa cup game in january. Well done btw you outplayed us

I challenge you to find one that even comes close to being as bad as Nani. I've only watched him a couple of times this season' date=' the last being in the FA Cup against us and it was absolutely comical. He couldn't stay on his feet. Then he starts crying? Come on, I don't think I've ever seen a footballer do that, even after a terrible leg break.[/quote']

. That tackle was truly horrible. Perhaps someone should smash you straight on with studs and we'll see you act like a hardman. The gash was terribly deep apparently and pain would've been excruciating.

United players/managers are no saints and get hammered by the media for various things but Liverpool players are as bad if not worse.

Nani wont be out for long I dont think a gashed leg is nothing really and will jsut require some stiches reg people do worse when they have accidents.

No, I'm not saying he'll be out for long, but your man said that people who break thier legs don't cry, I wasn't talking about Nani :)

We have not seen enough of Suarez to make that judgement and the club needs time to get it out of him if he does keep doing it (like Fergie did with Ronaldo) but Nani has had more than enough time to get it out of his game.

Yeah. that's a fair point, I don't have vivid memories of him at the World Cup or of his Ajax days to assume he's a serial drama queen, but I'm sure Liverpool will knock it out of him ;)

. That tackle was truly horrible. Perhaps someone should smash you straight on with studs and we'll see you act like a hardman. The gash was terribly deep apparently and pain would've been excruciating.

United players/managers are no saints and get hammered by the media for various things but Liverpool players are as bad if not worse.

Only half of the clips in that video were even dives in my opinion. That arguments for another day, mind.

Again as Neller pointed out there's a difference between diving (which I'm fairly certain every player has done at some point) and rolling about the ground, grasping your face.

Feel free to smash me head on with studs all you please. I'm more or less adamant that I wouldn't start crying or try to punch someone trying to help me off. In fact I could probably managed to hobble off myself.

No' date=' I'm not saying he'll be out for long, but your man said that people who break thier legs don't cry, I wasn't talking about Nani :)[/quote']

In fairness, if I was playing for Utd and earning 70k a week I don't think I'd be too bothered about not being able to play for 8 months. I certainly don't think a gashed leg is worth crying over.

I agree the tackle was horrible (and was a red) but the pain for a grown man should not have been that bad' date=' I have been smashed in the face with an ice skate yet (broke my nose) but I never even acted like he did, I chased the bloody dude away who did it lol

He's a good player but anybody can admit he is a bit of a girl, he goes down like that when he hasnt even been fouled.[/quote']

Everyone goes down like a sack of tatties to try and con the referee

tatties=potatoes

In fairness' date=' if I was playing for Utd and earning 70k a week I don't think I'd be too bothered about not being able to play for 8 months. I certainly don't think a gashed leg is worth crying over.[/quote']

I would care if I was him! :eek: He was at the (more or less) peak of his United career so far, and he would probably fear the worst when he saw his leg. Though the swipe at the paramedic was very petulant and the theatrics weren't necessary.:rolleyes:

In fairness' date=' if I was playing for Utd and earning 70k a week I don't think I'd be too bothered about not being able to play for 8 months. I certainly don't think a gashed leg is worth crying over.[/quote']

So you would just be a money grabbing idiot who didnt care for the club or if he paid or aslong as the pay cheque went in each week ??

:rolleyes:

No i dont have proof as i cant be bothered to search through your posts, but im presuming at some point you have slated city and there players for offering huge wages ?

hyprocritical maybe?

unless you tell me you havent, then in that case i apologise.

Why would Nani not care if he played?? thats the question he is a footballer, a great one at that who wants to be involved and win things, ofcourse being injured for so long is upsetting or expecting a long lay off.

That was a nasty gash, couple that with the context it was in ( a heated derby which they were losing and with him being at fault for one goal ) its understandable for him to be emotional. I dont see the big deal....

It was clearly painful :confused:

So you would just be a money grabbing idiot who didnt care for the club or if he paid or aslong as the pay cheque went in each week ??

:rolleyes:

Can't say I'm a big Man Utd fan tbh. Don't think I'd be too worried if I was playing for them or not.

No i dont have proof as i cant be bothered to search through your posts' date=' but im presuming at some point you have slated city and there players for offering huge wages ?

hyprocritical maybe?

unless you tell me you havent, then in that case i apologise.[/quote']

Don't think I have actually although maybe it is a tad hypocritical. I'm putting myself in a professional footballers boots here though. Sometimes I don't think they realize just how fortunate they are. If I was still earning £70,000 a week, even if I was earning £2,000 a week I don't think I'd cry over the fact I wouldn't be playing. At the end of the day it's only a game. That doesn't mean however, that players should join teams like City for the sole reason they are getting offered 100K a week.

Why would Nani not care if he played?? thats the question he is a footballer, a great one at that who wants to be involved and win things, ofcourse being injured for so long is upsetting or expecting a long lay off.

That was a nasty gash, couple that with the context it was in ( a heated derby which they were losing and with him being at fault for one goal ) its understandable for him to be emotional. I dont see the big deal....

It was clearly painful :confused:

Fair enough. For some reason though I don't think he was crying over the fact they were losing to Liverpool :rolleyes:

Can't say I'm a big Man Utd fan tbh. Don't think I'd be too worried if I was playing for them or not.

Don't think I have actually although maybe it is a tad hypocritical. I'm putting myself in a professional footballers boots here though. Sometimes I don't think they realize just how fortunate they are. If I was still earning £70' date='000 a week, even if I was earning £2,000 a week I don't think I'd cry over the fact I wouldn't be playing. At the end of the day it's only a game. That doesn't mean however, that players should join teams like City for the sole reason they are getting offered 100K a week.

Fair enough. For some reason though I don't think he was crying over the fact they were losing to Liverpool :rolleyes:[/quote']

Your twisting this now, regardless of whome you played for, you would be upset, your a footballer and whether you get paid thousands each week or not, you naturally want to play, to get to the top you must want to play , only a very small amount of footballers have come out and said they dont enjoy football and see it as a job, the vast majority love playing and why should Nani be any different ?

No he was probably crying due to the ridiculous amount of pain, shock off seeing such a wound, the offense not being punished correctly, the fact he screwed up for the second and his side were losing a bitter derby clash. Culmination of things and i cannot for the love of me see how any fans are kicking off at him.

Horrendous challenge, poor referring decision, horrific gash.