Official Manchester United Thread

Guest JackWWFC

Re: Official Red Devils thread

Your twisting this now' date=' regardless of whome you played for, you would be upset, your a footballer and whether you get paid thousands each week or not, you naturally want to play, to get to the top you must want to play , only a very small amount of footballers have come out and said they dont enjoy football and see it as a job, the vast majority love playing and why should Nani be any different ?

No he was probably crying due to the ridiculous amount of pain, shock off seeing such a wound, the offense not being punished correctly, the fact he screwed up for the second and his side were losing a bitter derby clash. Culmination of things and i cannot for the love of me see how any fans are kicking off at him.

Horrendous challenge, poor referring decision, [b']horrific gash[/b].

Giggity

giggity-giggity-giggity-78490.jpg

• Replies 43.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IanMcCo

• Frozy

• Hercule Poirot

• Stuart H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Manchester United Thread Just tried changing the password on my laptop to Man Utd defence but it said it was too weak

Re: Official Red Devils thread Apparently, it's been caused by City opening their trophy cabinet LOL

Re: Official Red Devils Thread Right I'd thought I'd air some opinions on recent activity. How Do You Solve a Problem Like Di Maria The recent acquisition of Di Maria appears to have split bo

Posted Images

No he was probably crying due to the ridiculous amount of pain' date=' shock off seeing such a wound, the offense not being punished correctly, the fact he screwed up for the second and his side were losing a bitter derby clash. Culmination of things and i cannot for the love of me see how any fans are kicking off at him.

Horrendous challenge, poor referring decision, horrific gash.[/quote']

Got that spot on mate, seen around that Liverpool fans think they played us off the park it was more of us not playing then them playing good but was obvious they deserved it just need to put these 2 games past us and look ahead!

Your twisting this now' date=' regardless of whome you played for, you would be upset, your a footballer and whether you get paid thousands each week or not, you naturally want to play, to get to the top you must want to play , only a very small amount of footballers have come out and said they dont enjoy football and see it as a job, the vast majority love playing and why should Nani be any different ?

No he was probably crying due to the ridiculous amount of pain, shock off seeing such a wound, the offense not being punished correctly, the fact he screwed up for the second and his side were losing a bitter derby clash. Culmination of things and i cannot for the love of me see how any fans are kicking off at him.

Horrendous challenge, poor referring decision, horrific gash.[/quote']

The thing is though, Nani won't be out for any longer than two weeks. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if he was training again this week. Like I said earlier players have suffered leg breaks, some which have ended careers, and I don't remember a single footballer crying. Ever. Please correct me if I'm wrong. He's a man for god sake, not a 10 year old. It's gotten to the stage where I don't even know what I'm arguing about anymore, but Nani overreacted massively. Say what you like.

News on Nani

United will assess Nani at Carrington on Monday morning following his injury in the Reds' 3-1 defeat at Anfield.

A club spokeswoman confirmed on Sunday afternoon that the Portuguese winger suffered a "very deep gash" in his ft leg after Jamie Carragher's challenge shortly before half-time. The Liverpool defender was booked by referee Phil Dowd and Nani played no further part in the match. He was carried off the field on a stretcher and replaced by substitute Javier Hernandez who later scored United's only goal with a header in injury time.

While fans will naturally be worried about Nani - one of United's best players of the season so far - there was some encouraging news in that his fellow winger Antonio Valencia was part of the Reds' travelling party for the Liverpool game.

The Ecuadorian was not named among the seven substitutes by Sir Alex Ferguson but his presence at Anfield, combined with his recent return to full-contact training, suggests a comeback may be close.

The thing is though' date=' Nani won't be out for any longer than two weeks. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if he was training again this week. Like I said earlier players have suffered leg breaks, some which have ended careers, and I don't remember a single footballer crying. Ever. Please correct me if I'm wrong. He's a man for god sake, not a 10 year old. It's gotten to the stage where I don't even know what I'm arguing about anymore, but Nani overreacted massively. Say what you like.[/quote']

Your missing the point completely. Either through ignorance or simply not reading my posts.

Im not discussing if for the amount of time he is out. Looking down at that axe wound on his leg its natural for anyone to think im gonna be out for a long time, not to mention the pain that would accompany it.

So what if he cried ??? Whats the big deal.... you call him a cry baby, so what he is earning thousands a week. 1-0 Nani.

The fact is i can understand why he might of, a culmination of events which i mentioned below.

I went past the stage of wondering why your arguing a long time ago to. Only thing Nani exaggerated was when his legs went over his head when he fell to the ground. Everything else i believe was genuine, what would he gain by crying ? :rolleyes:

Unbelievable.

Ronaldo and terry are footballers who have cried off the top of my head, cba to troll through google to prove a point that i know is right.

But this is the other side to being a drama queen aint it? if he had not got the reputation he has by being a big over reacting pathetic girl when hes not being fouled when he finally is on the end of something bad people are going to think hes over reacting.

Yes it was a poor decision but same could be said when hes diving all over and trying to get players sent off and hes not even booked most games' date=' he wants to do that every game and build this type of repution up he has to live with the other side of it as well imo.[/quote']

Im not discussing if he is or is not a drama queen. It would be stupid of me to say he isnt. but that shouldnt effect future decisions or sway peoples reactions. Look at this event and make a judgement from this, in doing so everyone should be able to say

Bad challenge

poor refeering decision

and understand that a culmination of things resulted in emotions running high.

Yeah he has to live with the persona he has created, that being said people shouldnt slate him at any level for what occured today. Ridiculous to suggest he should take flack over this because of his past record.

Saves me doing some typing :P

Also - Not many LFC fans do think Gerrard is a "hard man" ' date=' there isnt many of those in todays game unfortunatly. Carra is far tougher than Gerrard imo (not from todays tackle :P I just mean in general)

I know people are now calling him scum or w/e but from all those years and all those games against Man Utd how many times has he done a bad tackle like that? Rafael has already prob done more than him at such a young age!

Back on the game, how good would that goal have been were Rooney drilled that ball into Giggs and he volleyed it over.....[/quote']

back on topic as well

I find it gutting how we embarrass ourselves at Anfield. This is the same team that was really good at Chelsea and yet so utterly inept today. No fight at all. Wasn't the best tackle by Rafael but at least he was fired up for the game unlike most.

Testing time for Fergie now. Love or hate nani the guys outstanding as a footballer and as I said it would be odd to see United play without a winger...

here you go frozn

The 30-year-old midfielder has seen team-mates Michael Carrick, Darren Fletcher and Patrice Evra sign contract extensions in recent weeks, but is still waiting for talks about a new deal to begin.

Park Ji-sung may be in his final season at Manchester United (PA)

According to the Sunday Times, Bayern Munich, Juventus and Lazio are all monitoring the South Korean's situation at Old Trafford and are ready to move if Ferguson signals that Park is no longer part of United's plans.

The uncertainty about Park's future comes amid speculation that Ferguson is preparing for a summer spending spree.

United have struggled to compete with Manchester City, Chelsea and Real Madrid in the transfer market in recent times, but in the wake of Wayne Rooney's transfer request and subsequent new contract, the board promised to make substantial funds available.

Ferguson's top priority is a new goalkeeper, with Ajax's Maarten Stekelenburg and Schalke's Manual Neuer among the candidates to replace Edwin van der Sar, who will retire at the end of the season.

According to the Sunday Express, the veteran manager is also planning bids for a number of outfield players - and he intends to buy British.

Gareth Bale is apparently one of his top targets, despite Spurs boss Harry Redknapp indicating he is not interested in selling the midfielder.

Aston Villa's Ashley Young, Sunderland's Jordan Henderson and Everton's Jack Rodwell are also said to be on United's shopping list.

here you go frozn

The 30-year-old midfielder has seen team-mates Michael Carrick' date=' Darren Fletcher and Patrice Evra sign contract extensions in recent weeks, but is still waiting for talks about a new deal to begin.

Park Ji-sung may be in his final season at Manchester United (PA)

According to the Sunday Times, Bayern Munich, Juventus and Lazio are all monitoring the South Korean's situation at Old Trafford and are ready to move if Ferguson signals that Park is no longer part of United's plans.

The uncertainty about Park's future comes amid speculation that Ferguson is preparing for a summer spending spree.

United have struggled to compete with Manchester City, Chelsea and Real Madrid in the transfer market in recent times, but in the wake of Wayne Rooney's transfer request and subsequent new contract, the board promised to make substantial funds available.

Ferguson's top priority is a new goalkeeper, with Ajax's Maarten Stekelenburg and Schalke's Manual Neuer among the candidates to replace Edwin van der Sar, who will retire at the end of the season.

According to the Sunday Express, the veteran manager is also planning bids for a number of outfield players - and he intends to buy British.

Gareth Bale is apparently one of his top targets, despite Spurs boss Harry Redknapp indicating he is not interested in selling the midfielder.

Aston Villa's Ashley Young, Sunderland's Jordan Henderson and Everton's Jack Rodwell are also said to be on United's shopping list.[/quote']

I mean as in when he's coming back to play for United

Your missing the point completely. Either through ignorance or simply not reading my posts.

Im not discussing if for the amount of time he is out. Looking down at that axe wound on his leg its natural for anyone to think im gonna be out for a long time' date=' not to mention the pain that would accompany it.

So what if he cried ??? Whats the big deal.... you call him a cry baby, so what he is earning thousands a week. 1-0 Nani.

The fact is i can understand why he might of, a culmination of events which i mentioned below.

I went past the stage of wondering why your arguing a long time ago to. Only thing Nani exaggerated was when his legs went over his head when he fell to the ground. Everything else i believe was genuine, what would he gain by crying ? :rolleyes:

Unbelievable.

Ronaldo and terry are footballers who have cried off the top of my head, cba to troll through google to prove a point that i know is right.[/quote']

Do you honestly believe any grown man should cry due to physical pain? It's not something I like to see in football, in my opinion it was simply to get Carragher sent off. Either that or he is a complete

mug-big-girls-blouse.jpg

Do you honestly believe any grown man should cry due to physical pain? It's not something I like to see in football' date=' in my opinion it was simply to get Carragher sent off. Either that or he is a complete

[/quote']

I couldnt care if a grown man cries or not, who am i or you to judge ?

If he was crying when there was no obvious injury i probably would question it, the fact it was a bad challenge and there was a big gash suggests it was genuine, not to mention the fact regardless of if he was trying to get Carra sent off, he should of been off anyway !

Now dont tell me Liverpool players dont attempt to sway refs decisions, as much as i like Reina he runs out of his box all the time to tell the ref to book people.

How come its ok for your players to do so just not united players ?

You can admit your being swayed by your allegiances to Liverpool and we can end this.

I couldnt care if a grown man cries or not' date=' who am i or you to judge ?

If he was crying when there was no obvious injury i probably would question it, the fact it was a bad challenge and there was a big gash suggests it was genuine, not to mention the fact regardless of if he was trying to get Carra sent off, he should of been off anyway !

Now dont tell me Liverpool players dont attempt to sway refs decisions, as much as i like Reina he runs out of his box all the time to tell the ref to book people.

How come its ok for your players to do so just not united players ?

You can admit your being swayed by your allegiances to Liverpool and we can end this.[/quote']

At no point have I suggested the challenge was acceptable or that it wasn't worthy of a red card. He should have been sent off and I would say the same no matter what the circumstances.

Neither am I condoning what Reina does or what Van der Sar done several times today but I think there's a big difference in that and actually pretending to have been hit in the face and rolling around the pitch when you've barely been touched. Nani has been doing it all season and it was clear to me that he was trying the same thing on today.

Again, this appears to be going nowhere.

Any team could say that everytime you beat them' date=' like when you beat us we could just say we played bad and it was nothing to do with how well you played against us.[/quote']

Suarez's play for the first goal was great and I thought Meirelles along with him was a threat also but the nature of the second and third goals will tell any sane football fan that Utd offered it on a plate and Liverpool ruthlessly took it. By no stretch were these goals down to great play from Liverpool. Liverpool will play much better than that and not win versus Utd or anyone else. Fair play but Utd and the midfield was abysmal again. A recurring theme from the games I've seen recently.

How the hell does Carrick get in the team? It's just getting embarrassing now.

How the hell does Carrick get in the team? It's just getting embarrassing now.

or how did he get a contract extension for two below par seasons?

and i'm gonna get stick for this, but nani's being crying wolf far too many times now and in all honesty i doubt many people will have sympathy for what is a massive gash on his legs, esp as he didnt seem to have very good shinpads on

It still came from non stop pressing by LFC and fast passing and good movement (as in the general game play) not all 3 goals.

But as for the goals' date=' again most teams every match could say "you only scored because we gave it you, defended badly, made a mistake) etc etc

Like Berba's hatrick earlier in the season, we defended horribly but the Mancs never saw it that way.

Most teams every game could pick out goals like that unless its some rocket from 30 yards (even then thye could prob say he shoulda been closed down)[/quote']

Seriously though those were extremely soft goals, they don't get much softer than that (I'm not fussed about any other game I'm talking about today, by any stretch it doesn't get much easier than that, 3 tap-ins says it all) Liverpool didn't have to do anything for the second and very little for the third. I actually said at the time of the first "too good" (so not talking about that one) So I disagree any good Liverpool play was involved in those two. No doubt about it you were the better team but you didn't have to do too much at all (which tbh is fair enough as you were comfortable as the goals came relatively early, so you didn't need to extent yourselves too much) and why I'm disappointed Utd offered nothing at all and made it so easy. As football fans I think that's what we find hardest to stomach, i.e. lack of fight.

Even without those goals I still believe Liverpool would have won 1-0 or maybe pushed on and scored again but I'm reading things like 'stuffed Utd' etc. I didn't see that. Other than Meirelles and Suarez I didn't see any outstanding offensive displays (funny seen Kuyt got the hat-trick) Everyone else had decent games but not performances I would associate with 'stuffing' a team (not saying that's what you're saying if you are going to take issue with that word but more a general comment directed at some Liverpool fans)

Yeah if I was a Man UTd fan I would be unhappy with the lack of fight' date=' it was the main reason I was getting on LFC's players (and hodgsons) back earlier in the season, even when players are not playing well there is NEVER any excuse for not putting a proper shift in imo.

We never stuffed you in that way (chances, saves, domination) etc etc but we did dominate the game (as in we pressed and fought so much better) and we did put some decent moves together but we never stuffed you, you had a couple of great chances towards the end yourselves.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Man Utd having to replace some players over the next few years though because players like...

Scholes, Giggs, VDS, Rio (getting older and injuries are really taking there toll) .. think there is another im forgetting.

Unless you spend A LOT of money, replacing them will be very difficult imo (as in replacing them for world class players not some decent youth player)

I guess with some more experiance Smalling could replace Rio[/quote']

I think when it comes down to it, Liverpool wanted it more, United expected to face a Liverpool team that got beat by West Ham the week before, not a team that had hunger and a passion to want to win. United never looked threatening in the final third, Liverpool made half-chances into chances, United dilly-dallied on the ball and didn't get running, I think this is due to no flair player in the team, a player who drives the team on eg Ronaldo, Taarabt, Messi, Suarez etc, that's the kind of player we missed today, someone with a bit of fire in their belly that wanted to win. Anderson would have done that for us in my opinion.

Haven't read all the posts from today - there was about 15-20 pages to sift through. Feel the need to defend Carrick though.....

Honestly, I don't think there is a more under-appreciated footballer in the Premiership. Now, I'll be the first to admit that Carrick has been sub-par this season, and for much of last season as well. But the season before, when United were beaten by Barcelona in the final of the UCL, Carrick was superb that year. Along with Ronaldo, Carrick was United's best player that season, and he put in top-draw performances all season long. The range of passing Carrick showed in that season was immense and on his day, he's in the top five best passers in the league.

Yes, he hasn't performed as well the last couple of seasons. In fact, he's been quite poor in comparison. But to doubt whether he is worth a contract extension is ludicrous in my opinion. One thing that must be taken into consideration is the Glazers' reluctance to put their hand into their pockets on many occasions these days. Would they really want to shell out £15-20m, maybe even more on a new CM when they could simply retain the services of Carrick, a player that United know is good enough for the team so long that he is managed in the right way? With a bit of confidence, Carrick's form can pick up and he can return to the ball-spraying midfielder that he can be.

As for new signings, there is only one place that United urgently need to upgrade in my opinion, and that is at CB. In my opinion, Rio is shot and injuries will continue to dog him for the last few years of his career. Smalling and Evans are both impressive young defenders, but I think they would benefit staying in the current role in the squad (as a rotation player that fills in adequately at various points in the season, aiding their development). A top class CB to partner Vidic is the only place United really need to strengthen this summer.

Yeah if I was a Man UTd fan I would be unhappy with the lack of fight' date=' it was the main reason I was getting on LFC's players (and hodgsons) back earlier in the season, even when players are not playing well there is NEVER any excuse for not putting a proper shift in imo.

We never stuffed you in that way (chances, saves, domination) etc etc but we did dominate the game (as in we pressed and fought so much better) and we did put some decent moves together but we never stuffed you, you had a couple of great chances towards the end yourselves.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Man Utd having to replace some players over the next few years though because players like...

Scholes, Giggs, VDS, Rio (getting older and injuries are really taking there toll) .. think there is another im forgetting.

Unless you spend A LOT of money, replacing them will be very difficult imo (as in replacing them for world class players not some decent youth player)

I guess with some more experiance Smalling could replace Rio[/quote']

The thing is for long periods versus So'ton and Crawley especially, Utd were second best, so it's been on the cards against a better team a similar performance would get punished and it was today.

Even versus Marseille there was no creativity. If Nani and Berba are kept quiet (or keep themselves quiet, very applicable to the later) then the midfield offers little. I would say as much of a legend Scholes is I don't think he'd be much of a miss on current form when he does hang up his boots and tbh a lot of the time we play without Giggs already but undoubtedly they still need replacing as the players which currently come in just aren't good enough and the 'happy clappers' which say otherwise are delusional. This is nothing new though, they've needed replacing for at least two seasons now, although I suspect in Anderson that was an attempt, albeit unsuccessful.

I think Rio has been overly criticised in the past 18 months but yeah in Smalling I'm confident we have a strong replacement in the making (didn't think that when we signed him but I've been impressed this season) But again beyond the mentioned is there much depth to the defence? Unconvinced. The starting back 4 is arguably the strongest in the World however and that is literally the only saving grace for Utd.

VDS will be a big miss, I can't criticise him for the second as he's been great this season. I'd be disappointed with anyone other than Neuer tbh (rate the guy higher than Casillas, who IMO is extremely over-rated) De Gea maybe, although Stekelenburg is who my money is on (linked again today in the BBC gossip column, gotta love that :P)

I fully expect Utd to hit the English market in the summer so will again be sticking to the youth policy, could see Henderson and maybe Rodwell, etc, can't disagree with that although we are crying out for a ready-made Schweinsteiger or Sneijder in the middle which can make things happen, maybe even Modric. Would love to believe the Bale reports but not sure I believe the Glazers would use a hefty amount of Ronaldo's fee on him and Spurs are in a stronger position than when they sold us Carrick and Berba (must have been laughing to the bank, especially regarding Carrick)

EDIT: @ANDYOWLS RE: Carrick I see your 'financial logic' but he is just so poor every single time I see him, giving the ball away so much I'm losing patience with him. You're talking about two years ago and even before that season there were times when there were doubts he was good enough. Since, well the less said the better. If Barry is keeping you out of the England team, I'm sorry but there's something seriously amiss. A few times this season I've watched Utd and even the missus says "who's he? he's ****" (she doesn't retain footballer's name, so we have this conversation with worrying regularity) if she can identify how poor he is, again that's a worry to say the least.

Also wish I held your high opinion of the midfield. My views might sound like a knee-jerk reaction but I felt this way long before today's game.

Haven't read all the posts from today - there was about 15-20 pages to sift through. Feel the need to defend Carrick though.....

Honestly' date=' I don't think there is a more under-appreciated footballer in the Premiership. Now, I'll be the first to admit that Carrick has been sub-par this season, and for much of last season as well. But the season before, when United were beaten by Barcelona in the final of the UCL, Carrick was superb that year. Along with Ronaldo, Carrick was United's best player that season, and he put in top-draw performances all season long. The range of passing Carrick showed in that season was immense and on his day, he's in the top five best passers in the league.

Yes, he hasn't performed as well the last couple of seasons. In fact, he's been quite poor in comparison. But to doubt whether he is worth a contract extension is ludicrous in my opinion. One thing that must be taken into consideration is the Glazers' reluctance to put their hand into their pockets on many occasions these days. Would they really want to shell out £15-20m, maybe even more on a new CM when they could simply retain the services of Carrick, a player that United know is good enough for the team so long that he is managed in the right way? With a bit of confidence, Carrick's form can pick up and he can return to the ball-spraying midfielder that he can be.

As for new signings, there is only one place that United urgently need to upgrade in my opinion, and that is at CB. In my opinion, Rio is shot and injuries will continue to dog him for the last few years of his career. Smalling and Evans are both impressive young defenders, but I think they would benefit staying in the current role in the squad (as a rotation player that fills in adequately at various points in the season, aiding their development). [b']A top class CB to partner Vidic is the only place United really need to strengthen this summer.[/b]

Agree with Carrick part altough he much more struggling this season.

For signigs, how about goalie or some creative midfield ?

:confused:

Also wish I held your high opinion of the midfield. My views might sound like a knee-jerk reaction but I felt this way long before today's game.

After Nani went off today' date=' yes, the midfield was devoid of creativity. But with him and Valencia (when fit again) in the side, you have plenty. I also think Anderson is more than good enough to start on a regular basis in midfield and provide a creative spark.

Agree with Carrick part altough he much more struggling this season.

For signigs, how about goalie or some creative midfield ?

:confused:

True about the goalkeeper, glossed over that position. Will have to see how much faith Fergie has in Kuszczak and Lindegaard, but I would have thought a more experienced number one is needed.

See above comment re: the need for a creative midfielder.