Official Manchester United Thread

Rishabh Desai

Re: Official Red Devils thread

Really owned? So I made a mistake and wanted to apologize to him' date=' and what does he do? Take a private message intended for him and put it in public. That in my opinion is interesting. How people easily use something private which was sent with quite a bit of respect for the intended receiver and it has been turned into a tool for making fun of my mistake? Interesting how people can be so deceitful. Trust is an immensely important human characteristic, and it seems that violating it just to make fun of someone because of an honest mistake is quite resentful. W.e. guess I am too optimistic of the human race. :([/quote']

I'd have sympathy and understanding for you taking the moral highground if...

A) You didn't deserve it, and B) There was actually anything of a private nature in the message you're whining about.

I'd have sympathy and understanding for you taking the moral highground if...

A) You didn't deserve it' date=' and B) There was actually anything of a private nature in the message you're whining about.[/quote']

Very true - the content of that PM could and probably should have been posted here anyway

I did not mistake my facts' date=' they [b']HAVE[/b] won only 10 premier titles, now first division is something else...:D

And when real madrid has 3x the amount of champions leagues then anything else can be overlooked, when comparing madrid with milan or even liverpool that is when other things should be considered.

The Prem is only the old first division with Sky money pumped into it and a couple of clubs less competing in it, re-vamped after England had all its holigan problems and people stopped watching football and going to games unless they were die hard fans.

Well our injury list looks quite good atm.:eek: And Allan what I ameant earlier was Fabio whenever he had the ball looked so composed you would hardly think he was a 18 year old on debut. And speaking about Debut's Tosic looked decent as well. Looked a bit nervous in the beginning, sort of afraid to lose the ball:p and only took 1 touch but soon showed a lot of confidence on the ball and made some good passes. We need him ever so more now with Ronaldo,Nani and park injured. We only have Giggs as our wide player and he is getting on.

Schole has just stated that the end of his career at manutd is near. He claims that he will will give it his best shot while he is here, but in a short while he wil be gone.

Here is the link: Scholes admits end is near at Man Utd

It really will be sad to see both him and Giggs leave the club. I just hope that the two of them are there for atleast a couple seasons more. But we should enjoy watching them while we can, cause you never know when they will play their last game for us. Kinda sad the thought of them leaving.

The time is nearing and we have a lot of great young players. It'll be sad but it has to happen, eventually. Mind, I'd be surprised to see Scholesy retire. I think he'll give Oldham a season or two before he finally hangs his boots up.

1906: WEST BROM v MANCHESTER UNITED LINE-UPS

West Brom: Carson, Hoefkens, Pele, Donk, Robinson, Zuiverloon, Borja Valero, Koren, Brunt, Simpson, Fortune.

Subs: Kiely, Cech, Bednar, Kim, Dorrans, Filipe Teixeira, Morrison.

Man Utd: Van der Sar, Neville, Ferdinand, Vidic, O'Shea, Park, Carrick, Giggs, Ronaldo, Berbatov, Tevez.

Subs: Kuszczak, Brown, Tosic, Scholes, Fletcher, Gibson, Eckersley.

So a no nonsense line-up from Fergie. Giggs playing CM again, where he has played fantastically recently. The mad man Park will be running around like a headless chicken again no doubt. :D Hopefully a comfortable 3 or 4 nil win is on the cards, although it could prove to be a tough enough game IMO.

5 - 0 :D

I hope Chelsea/Liverpool don't do good in their next matches :P

I dont think that the west brom captain ( I think Robinson) should have got a red card. It didn't look too bad to me. It deserved a yellow :rolleyes:

Giggs and Scholes are making the most of their last years. And I think that if Sir Alex wins the league, Champs League, Fa Cup, and Carling Cup....he will retire this season B)

Just a view from the other side of the fence from last night. I've never been more baffled by a refereeing performance than I was last night, Styles is ridiculous. That said you always had too much for us, we just wouldn't have got a hammering on goal difference had the ref been anything like competent.

Noticed on the highlights on Sky last night the commentators were raving about Giggs, who to be fair was in the right place to play the final ball for 3(?) of the goals. Personally I was more amazed at how much of your play goes through Carrick, first time I've seen United in the flesh this season and he's always available and keeping things ticking over. Park was really good first half, whether that was down to him, or being up against Paul Robinson I'll leave you to decide. ;) The front three are great to watch, even when they're hammering us. :D Their movement is phenomenal. And to say I've seen a truckload of pundits label Berba lazy and say he doesn't fit in to Utd's system, it's surprising how much work he gets through. I think his languid style fools a few people because last night he was hussling and harrying when he could have afforded not to bother for the majority.

I thought Styles got the big decisions right. Robinson had no chance of getting that and the force of his tackle knocked Park back a metre. I agree about Berba, though. Chris Waddle had a similar air about him. He looked awkward, and slow even, yet he would seemingly glide with the ball. Tevez is becoming one of our most important players. It'll most likely take us to pay over the odds to keep him but, when he's contributing to an era as promising as this, so be it. And yeah, Carrick is absolute gold.

It wasn't so much the big decisions that annoyed me, more the constant ineptitude and refusal to be consistent with his handling of both teams. The reds debatable, I've read three papers this morning, one had it down as a red, one as a yellow and one not even a foul. In addition to that my old man said Le Tiss said never a red in a million years on Sky, yet when I watched the highlights after Brian Marwood said he could see why Robinson was sent off. It was daft of Robinson to give Styles the oppourtinty he craves to bring the red card out (notice how quick he went to his pocket?) All I'd say is if that was Vidic making exactly the same challenge on Simpson there is simply no way he gets sent off, not a chance.

How Styles can justify booking Koren, Carson and Donk all for dissent when Ferdinand, Neville and Giggs were constantly in his ear all night I have no idea, and to not book Vidic for a cynical foul, and Ferdinand for an elbow in Valero's throat (which wasn't even given as a free kick!) is farcical. He's just incompetent.

All that said Utd were comfortably the best side I've seen down the Albion this season. Miles better than Villa, Chelsea and Liverpool.

It wasn't so much the big decisions that annoyed me' date=' more the constant ineptitude and refusal to be consistent with his handling of both teams...[/quote']

Oh completely. None of his mistakes were 'result effecting' decisions but, yeah you're right, even for a United fan watching it became silly. Even, for all the wrong reasons, laughable.

Well all i can say is that things just keep getting better (where the results are concerned). First we beat WBA 5-0 and then Liverpool draw 1-1 with Wigan. So now we are two points clear with a game in hand. :)

Plus this week is Liverpool vs Chelsea and that means that atleast one of the two clubs are bound to drop points. Hopefully it will be a draw. :)

Our next game is against Everton. They are a great side and have done really well with the bigger sides off late. First a draw against Liverpool and then they almost beat Arsenal. We really will have to be careful agaqinst them. It really was good to see Ferdinand start against WBA and Brown come on as well. Hopefully both of them will start against Everton so our back four should be quite solid against as well.

BTW we just broke the reconrd for the most number of clean sgheets in a row in prem history. 11 games without conceding a goal. :) Mighty pleased about that. :P:D

One more thing I must say is- As good a player Scholes is his team selection looks dodgy:eek: When asked about his all time Manu 11 he put Ronaldo and Rooney on the bench and Cantona and vidic not even in the 16:eek: Can't remember the exact lineup:o schmeichel was the goalie ofcourse with Neville Brown:confused: Ferdiand and forgot the LB. Keane,Giigs,Beckham and forgot again:p Sheringham and RVN upfront. Quite controvesial if you ask me. no cole or yorke as well:confused:

Well all i can say is that things just keep getting better (where the results are concerned). First we beat WBA 5-0 and then Liverpool draw 1-1 with Wigan. So now we are two points clear with a game in hand. :)

Plus this week is Liverpool vs Chelsea and that means that atleast one of the two clubs are bound to drop points. Hopefully it will be a draw. :)

Our next game is against Everton. They are a great side and have done really well with the bigger sides off late. First a draw against Liverpool and then they almost beat Arsenal. We really will have to be careful agaqinst them. It really was good to see Ferdinand start against WBA and Brown come on as well. Hopefully both of them will start against Everton so our back four should be quite solid against as well.

BTW we just broke the reconrd for the most number of clean sgheets in a row in prem history. 11 games without conceding a goal. :) Mighty pleased about that. :P:D

Plus Evra Could Be Back, Things Are Getting Better And Better :D, IMO the title isnt won yet, but its gunna take some stopping us B)

One more thing I must say is- As good a player Scholes is his team selection looks dodgy:eek: When asked about his all time Manu 11 he put Ronaldo and Rooney on the bench and Cantona and vidic not even in the 16:eek: Can't remember the exact lineup:o schmeichel was the goalie ofcourse with Neville Brown:confused: Ferdiand and forgot the LB. Keane' date='Giigs,Beckham and forgot again:p Sheringham and RVN upfront. Quite controvesial if you ask me. no cole or yorke as well:confused:[/quote']

Lb probably Denis Irwin?? Id have Ronaldo instead of Beckham and possibly Cole ahead of Teddy (Rooney in a year or 2).... RVN I would 100% agree with :D - LEGEND.

Everton today. they are playing quite well and haven't lost to the big 4 this season apart from Liverpool early in the season. Would be intresting to see the team Fergie plays though. I am hoping for a tosic start. Looked quite good so far in his short career for us. tbh would take a draw today but then again wouldn't mind another 5-0 scoreline in our favour:D

Paul Scholes' best manchester United XI

--------------Schmeichel---------------

G.Neville----Ferdinand----Brown----Irwin

Beckham----Keane----Robson©---giggs

-----------RVN------Sheringham--------

Substitutes:-

Ronadlo

Rooney

Tevez

Carrick

P.Neville

Butt

Stam

And the Person who wrote the article on the team wrote this at the end-

Quite possibly,Scholes was in a a hurry to get away from some pesky journalist and just forgot about him(Cantona)